PDF library that allows to edit PDF data

Hi,

Are there any PDF libraries for Delphi that would make it possible to load a PDF file, browse it's data as tree or soem other data structure, change text and image data and finally write the modified data back to a PDF file.

Best regards,
Jaakko
0
Jaakko

Hi Jaakko,

It seems a lot of what you want to do can be achieved with PDFtoolkit VCL.
There are functions in PDFtoolkit to get the elements on a page
(GetPageElements), to get the pages themselves and copy them to another
document, get/set form fields and values and so on.

So, in your case, you may read all items from the PDF file you want to
change, manipulate the items and write the manipulated items to a new PDF
file, which will be the modified version of your original PDF.

Please download the free trial here:
http://www.gnostice.com/PDFtoolkit_VCL.asp

You can contact our support for any questions you have about the product.

Thank you,

--
Girish Patil
Gnostice Information Technologies

<Jaakko Salmenius> wrote in message news:154084@forums.codegear.com...
> Hi,
>
> Are there any PDF libraries for Delphi that would make it possible to load
> a PDF file, browse it's data as tree or soem other data structure, change
> text and image data and finally write the modified data back to a PDF
> file.
>
> Best regards,
> Jaakko
0
Girish
8/26/2009 4:33:51 AM
You should also check out the QuickPDFLibrary   [http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/] .  QuickPDF has a long history of providing a very good product.  Incredibly, even though the library was abandoned for several years by the original publisher, it was so popular with users that they formed an unofficial forum and supported each other that way.  Now, the library has been acquired by a person who has been widely known and respected in the PDF world for a long time, Karl De Abrew.  The library is very fast and
 very complete.

Jack

> {quote:title=Jaakko Salmenius wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> Are there any PDF libraries for Delphi that would make it possible to load a PDF file, browse it's data as tree or soem other data structure, change text and image data and finally write the modified data back to a PDF file.
>
> Best regards,
> Jaakko

Edited by: Jack Rodenhi on Aug 28, 2009 2:04 PM
0
Jack
8/28/2009 9:05:23 PM
Jack Rodenhi wrote:
> You should also check out the QuickPDFLibrary   [http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/] .  QuickPDF has a long history of providing a very good product.  Incredibly, even though the library was abandoned for several years by the original publisher, it was so popular with users that they formed an unofficial forum and supported each other that way.  Now, the library has been acquired by a person who has been widely known and respected in the PDF world for a long time, Karl De Abrew.  The library is very fast a
nd
>  very complete.
>
> Jack
>
>> {quote:title=Jaakko Salmenius wrote:}{quote}
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any PDF libraries for Delphi that would make it possible to load a PDF file, browse it's data as tree or soem other data structure, change text and image data and finally write the modified data back to a PDF file.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jaakko
>
> Edited by: Jack Rodenhi on Aug 28, 2009 2:04 PM
I would also recommend you to have a look at QuickPDFLibrary.It is
reasonably priced at 249 $
Venkatesh
0
thomas

PDF::API2 module example for edit pdf and save new pdf file
Dear sirs, I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new pdf file. I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... Thanking you Regards Baskaran NK baskaran wrote: > Dear sirs, > > I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new > pdf file. > I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... > > Thanking you > > Regards > Baskaran NK > > > http://search.cpan.org/src/AREIBENS/PDF-API2-0.41/examples/ http://danconia.org ...

ANN: Delphi XE8 support added in Debenu Quick PDF Library 11.14 [Edit]
Debenu Quick PDF Library 11.14 has been released and it includes Delphi XE8 support. Debenu Quick PDF Library is a PDF SDK for creating, manipulating, rendering and printing PDF files. It supports Delphi versions 4 through to XE8, includes an optional Delphi source code license and has a very reasonable licensing model (one off fee, no run-time licenses fees). Changes in the 11.14 release include: * Delphi XE8 support * Flate compressed images with masks now extracted as PNG * Added support for File HTML tag * Over 18 buf fixes, 4 enhancements and 3 new functions Visit the D...

Convert Gridview Data in to PDf file. or Convert report data in pdf file
 Hi have problem to convert Gridview data into PDF file..let me know is there any solution or open source components..Regards Rambhopal Reddy EPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark asAnswer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Friend, Check this thread for soultions http://forums.asp.net/t/1164793.aspx and then to http://www.aspnetworld.com/articles/2004011801.aspx   Good luck!     Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be benef...

PDF Creation using Gios PDF Library
I found the following link http://www.codeproject.com/cs/library/giospdfnetlibrary.asp but I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.  I have downloaded the source file but there isn't any documnetation on how to use this.  Has anyone implimented this?  I am very new to ASP.NET and I'm using Visual Studio 2005.Please provide any examples in C#Thanks in advance,Steamaway To clarify I have an Invoice Print page that I want to create a PDF out of. Please provide any examples in C#Thanks in advance,Steamaway Just in case someone is looking for a solutoin I found a...

saveas pdf but as pdf/a
Hi, we need to save the reports as pdf/a. Is there a way to tell pb or let me save ghostscript to save the datawindow as a pdf/a ? ghostscript has some options like pdf/a but the datawindow printer seems to ignore all settings from ghsotscript TIA Heino Hellmers ...

Looking for a PDF library or components that creates searchable PDF files
Does anyone know of a good library that creates PDF files that are searchable? This will most likely involve some type of OCR library having to be included. Even if I have to purchase multiple components to get the job done I can live with that. I have seen several PDF libraries, but I have yet to find one that can produce searchable PDF files. TIA I presume that your PDFs are actually bitmaps, not text output to a canvas. I've used the application of ABBYY FineReader for adding OCR'd layers and it works well. They have an SDK version at http://www.abbyy.com/ocr_sdk/ (The...

How to generate PDF report from datagrid using Gios PDF .NET or itextsharp library ?
I have a problem.I am developing my web application using csharp on visual studio 2003. I am able to generate datagrid without any problem. But I want records on datagrid to be exported on pdf document. Have tried using Gios PDF .NET library, from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/giospdfnetlibrary.aspx. But the problem I have is when declare in my code using Gios PDF. it is saying that it does not know about Gios PDF. I have tried to put references but not working. How can I do it? So that I use this powerful library. The problem I have is calling the Gios PDF .NET library in my files....

Tool (not Delphi) to convert PDF to WMF/EMF
Anyone know of a tool that can make a quality conversion of a PDF document to WMF/EMF images (one per page)? Thank you, Ed Dressel > Anyone know of a tool that can make a quality conversion of a PDF document > to WMF/EMF images (one per page)? I know you didn't ask for a Delphi-component, but the closest I came to a usable solution when I had the same need a coupe of years ago actually was components, sort of: WPTools PDFViewer: http://www.wpcubed.com/products/pdfviewer/index.htm Ottar Holstad wrote: > I know you didn't ask for a Delphi-component, but th...

Is there a PDF viewer component installed with any version of Delphi ? [Edit]
Hi, I am looking for a component to display PDF files within my app. I don't need any editing capability, only displaying them like Adobe Reader does. I am using BDS 2006, I searched in the help file for PDF but did not find something that looked like a component for PDF viewing, so I was wondering if one is included and otherwise if one is available. Searching the net, I read that there is some sort of interface to the PDF reader dll used by Acrobat Reader. Having access to the dll would require Acrobat Reader to be installed - and that would be fine - but I could not find any...

edit pdf
hi there, I have a pile of pdf documents which may or may not contain email adresses. Now I do have to mask the xy@whereever.dot adresses into something like xyAT whereever.dot I looked at CAM::PDF and PDF::API2 - my CAM::PDF code would look like foreach my $file (@todo){ my $doc=CAM::PDF->new($file); my $pagenumber = $doc->numPages(); for (my $i=1; $i=$pagenumber; $i++){ my $page=$doc->getPageContent($i); $page =~ s/\@/AT/; $doc->setPageContent($page); } $doc->save(); } That however keeps on repeating a loop somewhere in CAM::PDF fo...

PDF library
I'm looking for a PDF library which will allow PDF rendering within my application. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks When you say "rendering" do you mean creating PDF's or simply displaying them? If you want to display PDF's then: You can import the type library for Adobe Acrobat Reader and use it as a control (just like browsers do). If you want to create PDFs, then: Here is a list of some available for Delphi. http://www.torry.net/quicksearchd.php?String=PDF&Title=Yes EMS Advanced PDF Generator looks easy to use: http://www.sql...

appending a pdf to a pdf stream
so i have a report that i stream to the client as a pdf...is it possible to append a pdf file to this stream? is it as simple as opening the pdf file into an iostream then appending those bytes onto the original pdf stream? thanks in advance. Kind of. There's a great third party tool from dynamic PDF you can use. Here's an article that will help: http://aspalliance.com/571If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs i'll give it a try...thanks....

PDF to XML? PDF to Text?
Hello. I need .NET component to convert PDF document to XML or PDF to text. Help? Thank you in advance.Jasem Al-ShamlanInternet Applicationshttp://i.com.kwKuwait Here is a component that can read from PDF and you can out put the data in any format .... http://www.edcomponents.com/EDComponents/Main.aspx?ProductID=1ASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog...

Delphi and PDF
Hello to all, Anyone knows if there is free or cheap PDF form filler for Delphi 2006 or 2010 Will be good if VCL, otherwise DLL OK too. Thanks in advance > {quote:title=Adam Allen wrote:}{quote} > Anyone knows if there is free or cheap PDF form filler for Delphi 2006 or 2010 What do you call "form filler"? That is a PDF viewer? See http://codenewsfast.com/isapi/isapi.dll/thread?id=09C15F45&thread=1730221 Arnaud BOUCHEZ wrote: > > {quote:title=Adam Allen wrote:}{quote} > > Anyone knows if there is free or cheap PDF form filler for Delphi &...

Web resources about - PDF library that allows to edit PDF data - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library's collection can include books , periodicals , newspapers , manuscripts , films , maps , prints , documents , microform , CDs , cassettes ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Pair allegedly stole $57,000 of brass from National Library of Australia
More than $57,000 worth of brass was stolen from the National Library of Australia in an early morning caper last year, a court has heard.

State Library of Queensland lewd photo victims may see images
... see photos three years after they were taken. Three years after a former boss secretly photographed their cleavages, hundreds of State Library ...

Apple raises iTunes Match iCloud Music Library limit to 100k songs, up from 25k
As promised by Eddy Cue earlier in the year , Apple has now raised the limits on iTunes Match and Apple Music library for matched songs from ...

This Law School Wants Students To Stop Sobbing In The Library
This law school wants students to stop acting like babies after all, crying can get pretty noisy.

Declutter your iPhone’s image library with PhotoPanda
... unwanted photos that were out of space. A new offering on the App Store, PhotoPanda , helps take the pain out of decluttering your photo library. ...

Forevery – An iOS App For Searching Your Photo Library
... understand the images and videos on their service, has released an iOS app called Forevery which allows you to search your iPhone photo library. ...

"Librarians in Japan upset after newspaper published names of books that novelist Haruki Murakami checked ...
... , where somebody says: This reminds me so much of that scene in Se7en where Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt gain access to John Doe's library check-out ...