Oracle Spatial support in Devart's ADO.NET Data Provider for Oracle [Edit]

dotConnect for oracle v. 7.3 http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/  , ADO.NET Provider from Devart, includes support for Oracle Spatial in the projects, using Entity Framework.
Devart Team constantly implements all the available Entity Framework innovations, and shortly after the introduction of  DbGeometry and DbGeography classes in Entity Framework 5 has implemented support for Oracle Spatial in the Entity Framework provider for Oracle. Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY object type can now be mapped to DbGeometry and DbGeography classes.
Now dotConnect for Oracle includes new versions of Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll and Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Migrations.dll assemblies built for .NET Framework 4.5 (Entity Framework v5) and the new Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.SharpMap.dll assembly for SharpMap GIS library support.
To read more about the demo and download its sources go to Devart blog.
dotConnect for Oracle also provides a number of spatial-specific options for the Entity Framework provider that allow you to customize dotConnect for Oracle behavior when working with Oracle Spatial.
0
Mett

Show Oracle's Long datatype data on Datawindw (Editable) ?
Powerbuilder Version: v8.0 Database: Oracle 8.06. I'm trying to present Oracle LONG datatype data on PB datawindow. (I don't like use OLE to open 3rd party's application; I want "embed" this large text column inside datawindow). How should I do it? 1. Do I need use BLOB function to do it? 2. Can this column be editable? 3. Can MLE be used in datawindow? 4. Is there any reference related with this topic? Thanks! Mike Anything larger than a VARCHAR2(4000) you will either need to handle through an OLE database column or by doing a SelectBlob from outsi...

ado's dbtype support Oracle CLOB and SQL Text
Helllo, in the past, ado had a adLongVarChar dbType that mapped to text (SQL Server) and CLOB (Oracle). for some reason, current ado.net Parameter.DbType doesnt have this anymore. Does anyone know why this is so and what the replacement conversion type is? Thanks. You might find these to be helpful: System.Data.SqlTypes Namespace SqlDbType Enumeration OleDbType Enumeration OracleType Enumeration Terri Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Access to the ADO.net Managed Provider 'SqlClientFactory' was denied in the data source with ID 'SqlDataSource1' because of security settings.
I am getting "Access to the ADO.net Managed Provider 'SqlClientFactory' was denied in the data source with ID 'SqlDataSource1' because of security settings. " When I use database connection to my web applicaiton. Can you tell me what is the problem. I have posted in forum http://forums.asp.net/thread/1306653.aspx but they asked me to post here. I am recieving the same error.  Did you find a solution to this? I was recieving this error while developing webparts for WSS SP2 running on .NET 2.0. I created a custom trust file with a permissionset and codegroup for my assembly...

.NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET with ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) bugs
I have been trying to use either .NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET in my ASP.NET application with C#. Have to read / store Session data in a Database column BLOB (using Serialization). Using either .NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET generating below errors. 1) Have added reference to asp.net Project and used System.Data.OracleClient in C# class  with .NET Data Provider for Oracle. But still gettting same errors,  to get rid of these errors Have de-installed .NET Data Provider for Oracle and installed ODP.NET 2) Even now after ODP.NET  i...

Devart Data Access Components Now Support MAC OS X and Other OS's! [Edit]
Devart Team is glad to present new versions of our DAC products. The new release extends the list of the supported OSes. UniDAC, ODAC, MyDAC, SDAC, PgDAC, and IBDAC support development for Mac OS X and iOS with Delphi XE2 and RAD Studio XE2. Now you can develop database applications, working with the most widely used databases, for Mac OS X and iOS. In particular, you can now work with SQLite, that is distributed with Mac OS X and iOS by the help of UniDAC. Here is the complete list of databases, that are supported on these OSes: * Oracle * MySQL * InterBase * Firebird * Postg...

Data window's Data source is Oracle Procedure
Hello I created one Packed in that i created one PROCEDURE now i want to use that oracle procedure in data window as a data source. but when i created a new datawindow (PB9)in select store procedure dialog box i cant see that procedure or package in a list what i have to please tell me . regards s Patel First, the procedure has to return a ref cursor to be used as a datasource with a datawindow (natively). Second, your userid must have execute permission on the package/procedure. Third, you need to configure you PB database connection on the SYSTEM tab, there's a checkbox t...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Not seeing Oracle Data Provider for .NET in Change Data Source window
We've been chasing this down for a couple of days now, and for some reason haven't found an answer as to why. Problem: We've installed Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET with Oracle 10g Release 2 ODAC 10.2.0.2.21... but we are not seeing the Oracle Data Provider for .NET in the Change Data Source window of VS2005 Team Edition. I've seen many posts and helpful sites that show this as an option after installing said product.  We've installed and reinstalled, and have checked the GAC, machine.config and registry settings, but it is not showing up.  It ...

Error: Can't load '/cygdrive/c/Oracle/Ora81/bin/Oracle' for module DBD::Oracle...
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi guys, =20 Here is what's going on:=20 =20 1. I am running the latest release of CygWin on a Windows XP machine. I am not running ActiveState Perl. 2. I installed DBI and tested it. Looks like it's working fine. I typed: =20 perl -MDBI -e 0 =20 at the ...

Web resources about - Oracle Spatial support in Devart's ADO.NET Data Provider for Oracle [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.tools