MAC OS-style VCL components for Delphi?

Hi all,
    I saw an application that I am interested in porting from C to Delphi
(http://thirdcog.eu/apps/cfxr) and found it comes with a win32 version,
using IMHO yucky  controls, and a nice shiny native MAC version (Coca, etc).

I really like the look, of the Mac port...I was wondering if there are any
VCL controls (preferably free) that can make nice buttons, sliders, etc.
like in that MAC screenshot?

I'm not worried if they don't operate exactly like MAC ones, I mainly like
the look :)

I have tried googling but no luck so far :(

cheers,
Paul
0
Paul

www.alphaskins.com

They have a lite free edition.
Mac sknis are included.

Manolis

"Paul Nicholls" <paulfnicholls@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>    I saw an application that I am interested in porting from C to Delphi
> (http://thirdcog.eu/apps/cfxr) and found it comes with a win32 version,
> using IMHO yucky  controls, and a nice shiny native MAC version (Coca,
> etc).
>
> I really like the look, of the Mac port...I was wondering if there are any
> VCL controls (preferably free) that can make nice buttons, sliders, etc.
> like in that MAC screenshot?
>
> I'm not worried if they don't operate exactly like MAC ones, I mainly like
> the look :)
>
> I have tried googling but no luck so far :(
>
> cheers,
> Paul
0
Manolis
5/27/2009 5:26:01 AM
Thanks Manolis, I will take a look :)
cheers,
Paul

"Manolis Perrakis" <perrakis9@otenet.gr> wrote in message
> www.alphaskins.com
>
> They have a lite free edition.
> Mac sknis are included.
>
> Manolis
>

> "Paul Nicholls" <paulfnicholls@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>    I saw an application that I am interested in porting from C to Delphi
>> (http://thirdcog.eu/apps/cfxr) and found it comes with a win32 version,
>> using IMHO yucky  controls, and a nice shiny native MAC version (Coca,
>> etc).
>>
>> I really like the look, of the Mac port...I was wondering if there are
>> any VCL controls (preferably free) that can make nice buttons, sliders,
>> etc. like in that MAC screenshot?
>>
>> I'm not worried if they don't operate exactly like MAC ones, I mainly
>> like the look :)
>>
>> I have tried googling but no luck so far :(
>>
>> cheers,
>> Paul
0
Paul
5/27/2009 5:42:21 AM
VCLskin http://www.link-rank.com/
0
Gilbert
5/27/2009 2:18:09 PM
You might have a look at :
http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/advsmoothcontrols.asp

Bruno
0
Bruno

Delphi 64bit versus Delphi Mac/Linux
interesting comments... http://www.deltics.co.nz/blog/?p=452 "Ralf Stocker" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:127800@forums.codegear.com... > interesting comments... > http://www.deltics.co.nz/blog/?p=452 A very small fraction of Delphi users actually need the memory access of 64 bit, and 32 bit apps will work the same on x64 anyway. A small fraction of Delphi users actually need cross-platform support. I'm not sure if having either first will 'save' Delphi from the 'traditional' tools for each platform (VS, Cocoa, Eclipse, et...

Delphi on Linux and Mac OS
Today Wine 1.2 was announced. One of the new features: "The strange window management behavior used by Delphi-generated applications is better supported now." http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.2 Good news for us, this makes our apps working on Linux and Mac OS. You can try it yourself, with VMWare and a different OS. For Mac, you can use WineBottler. Nick, thanks for your time, hope to see you around! <Alex Habbo> wrote in message news:261779@forums.embarcadero.com... > "The strange window management behavior used by > Delphi-generated applications is b...

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi on Mac OS X
Hello, In the closing keynotes of Coderage III, Wayne Williams told that Embarcadero has plans to port Delphi to Mac OS X and Linux. How far are these plans and realisations ? I see on internet that a lot of Delphi developers want to use Delphi on the Mac: http://www.petitiononline.com/bdfmosx/petition.html More and more companies are moving to Mac OS X: e.g. http://www.macnn.com/articles/09/02/23/siemens.nx.6.for.mac/ Hubert On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:47:47 -0800, Hubert Anemaat wrote: > In the closing keynotes of Coderage III, Wayne Williams told that > Embarcader...

Delphi on Mac OS X
Hello, Are there plans to extend Delphi to run on other OS's like Mac OS X, Ubuntu and Solaris ? Mac OS X is booming business. You can read it everyday in the newspapers and on internet. Because Delphi is not available for the Mac, I have to use NetBeans with MySQL. When I give demonstrations on the Mac and ask then when it was the last time that they want to throw the PC out of the window, people are easy to be persuaded to buy a Mac. It is a pity that I still have to use Windows. I have been developing software for 20 years on MS-DOS/Windows systems and still have r...

ANN: Bricksoft IM VCL Component v8.2 released. All components support Delphi 2009!
All components support Delphi 2009! Please download the trial version(http://www.imcomponents.com/bsimtrial.zip) if you like. -- Bricksoft Support Bricksoft IM(MSN+YAHOO+AIM+ICQ+Jabber/GTalk) SDK For NET/VCL/COM/SOAP - http://www.imcomponents.com/ "Jianmin Wu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:72535@forums.codegear.com... > All components support Delphi 2009! with D2009 support, do you still require TNT controls for unicode ? Also do you have any plans to support emoticons ? Regards, Danny Component and demo for D2009 don't need TNT cont...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Delphi VCL programs on Mac Lion
Usually on MACs people have to install Wine tu run Delphi VCL programs: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ But I just got the information that on Lion computers Delphi VCL programs can only be run from the command line (and not using Wine GUI). - Does it mean improvement (making Windows programs run easier on MAC)? - Or is it step back (run only from command line)? - Will there be a new version Wine for Lion? Anybody knows anything about it? Thanks in advance. Am 06.09.2012 08:32, schrieb Andrej Mrvar: > But I just got the information that on Lion computers ...

How to uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007?
Guys How do I uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007? Mark Moss Nevermind I figured out how to do it. Mark Moss "Mark Moss" <markemoss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:245205@forums.embarcadero.com... > Guys > > > How do I uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007? > > > Mark Moss ...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

How to fix get IP-MAC pairs code below from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 ?
How to get All IP - MAC address pairs on local PC by Delphi 2009 ? The Code below can get correct answer on Delphi 7, but get error answer on Delphi 2009. How to fix ? or Are there the better method ? // Delphi 7 (Delphi 2009 failed) // // Get Alll IP-MAC address pairs on local PC // unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; function GetIPMAC: String; const ANY_SIZE = 1; MAX_ADAPTER_ADDRESS_LENGTH = 8; // arb. MAX_INTERFACE_NAME_LEN = 256; { mrapi.h } MAXL...

Delphi running directly in to Mac OS X?
Hello: Have Embarcadero provided to make an Delphi/RAD Studio version for run directly in Mac OS X?. We have millions of users of Mac, and in last year much more because innefective Windows 8 has meant that Mac sales soar. I have virtual machine on my Macbook with an Windows XP copy with Delphi XE5, but battery runs out quickly, heated laptop and is not the same as naturally programmed in Mac OS X environment native. I would be very happy if Embarcadero launched a version of RAD for mac. Anyone know anything?. Thanks!! XE5 can create OSX applications no problem (using firemon...

Web resources about - MAC OS-style VCL components for Delphi? - embarcadero.delphi.tools

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

It’s a new year, and time for the claimed iPhone 7 component photos to begin
Taiwanese site Apple Club has posted what it claims are leaked photos of iPhone 7 components. The photos appear to show the backlight of a new ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

John Ridley Extends ABC Studios Deal For Three More Years; Film Component Added
John Ridley and his production arm, International Famous Players Radio Picture Corporation, have extended their first-look deal with ABC Studios ...

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...