Install problem with JCL and Delphi XE [Edit]

I've got XE fired up under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I'm installing various 3rd-party things.  My latest obstacle is JCL.

I think I'm following the instructions, but since I've never been clear on why there is an install.bat in both the JCL and JVCL folders, I have my doubts.

When I run the jcl\install.bat I get an error:
JclResources.pas(2014) Fatal: F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclResources.hpp'
....failed

This happens despite the fact that I have changed the BPL path from:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
C:\ProgFiles\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
and I have unchecked the box for "Copy HPP files to C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp

ProgFiles is a folder I created in an attempt to dodge the battle with Windows over what can and cannot be written to.

Can you offer a suggestion that doesn't involve reinstalling Windows 7 and Delphi XE?

Edited by: Mike Ver Hagen on Sep 16, 2011 12:19 AM to correct typo
0
Mike

On 9/16/2011 2:19 AM, Mike Ver Hagen wrote:

> I think I'm following the instructions, but since I've never been clear on why there is an install.bat in both the JCL and JVCL folders, I have my doubts.

They are two completely different products, so have two completely
different installers.  However, JVCL requires JCL in order to run, so
make sure to install the JCL first.
0
Dave
9/16/2011 4:57:39 PM
Thanks for that info.  I understand that there was a dependency sequence, but the description of the products doesn't provide adequate distinction to a non-insider who is just glancing at it, so now I will take some time to investigate the differences to see if there is any reason to have JVCL in addition to JCL.

> {quote:title=Dave White wrote:}{quote}
> On 9/16/2011 2:19 AM, Mike Ver Hagen wrote:
> >
> > I think I'm following the instructions, but since I've never been clear on why there is an install.bat in both the JCL and JVCL folders, I have my doubts.
> >

> They are two completely different products, so have two completely
> different installers.  However, JVCL requires JCL in order to run, so
> make sure to install the JCL first.
0
Mike
9/16/2011 5:03:27 PM
On 9/16/2011 12:03 PM, Mike Ver Hagen wrote:
> so now I will take some time to investigate the differences to see if there is any reason to have JVCL in addition to JCL.

That's a simple choice to make - do you want the visual controls that
jVcl provides (the V being for visual), or just the non visual functions
that jcl provides?
0
Dave
9/16/2011 5:29:23 PM
Well, that makes it rather clear.  I knew that the V was for visual, but I didn't realize that the product set was split cleanly in that manner.  I think I've only used non-visual components and if so, I'd have the option of installing only the JCL.

Now I just need to figure out why the install process cannot write to the folder under Users in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I'll be set.  Since the install process remembers settings (even after a "clean") that had been used in a prior install, I might be able to find a reference in the registry that preserves the BPL location specified in the first install attempt, so that I can change it so that the check-box for "Copy files....HPP" doesn't point to C:\Users

....unless somebody has a better suggestion

> {quote:title=Dave White wrote:}{quote}
> On 9/16/2011 12:03 PM, Mike Ver Hagen wrote:
> > so now I will take some time to investigate the differences to see if there is any reason to have JVCL in addition to JCL.
> >

> That's a simple choice to make - do you want the visual controls that
> jVcl provides (the V being for visual), or just the non visual functions
> that jcl provides?

Edited by: Mike Ver Hagen on Sep 16, 2011 10:57 AM clarify a sentence
0
Mike
9/16/2011 5:58:22 PM
Mike Ver Hagen wrote:

> This happens despite the fact that I have changed the BPL path from:
> C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
> C:\ProgFiles\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
> and I have unchecked the box for "Copy HPP files to
> C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp
>
> ProgFiles is a folder I created in an attempt to dodge the battle
> with Windows over what can and cannot be written to.

Mike - you shouldn't need to do that. I have
C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp etc. amd JCL as well as
JVCL installed on XE / Windows 7 with no issues.

May be a good idea to check your permissions in Windows.

Also ensure the installer runs under an Admin account.

Good luck
Are you suggesting that I navigate to the location of the install.bat file and start it as an administrator?  (I'm already logged in as an admin.)

Or do I need to see what EXE the install.bat runs, and run THAT as an admin?

> {quote:title=Ralph Horbury-Smith wrote:}{quote}
> Mike Ver Hagen wrote:

> > This happens despite the fact that I have changed the BPL path from:
> > C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
> > C:\ProgFiles\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
> > and I have unchecked the box for "Copy HPP files to
> > C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp
> >
> > ProgFiles is a folder I created in an attempt to dodge the battle
> > with Windows over what can and cannot be written to.
>
> Mike - you shouldn't need to do that. I have
> C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp etc. amd JCL as well as
> JVCL installed on XE / Windows 7 with no issues.
>
> May be a good idea to check your permissions in Windows.
>
> Also ensure the installer runs under an Admin account.
>
> Good luck
0
Mike
9/17/2011 5:28:18 AM
Mike Ver Hagen wrote:

> Are you suggesting that I navigate to the location of the install.bat
> file and start it as an administrator?  (I'm already logged in as an
> admin.)

Admin account doesn't have administration rights. In Win7 admin
accounts doesn't have right to write in program files folder to achieve
that you still have to start the "program as administrator"

--

Lajos Juhász
0

In this case, I'm just trying to find out what is required to install the JEDI JCL components.  Since the JEDI JCL installation process is started using a BAT file, and that BAT file starts EXE program(s), I still need to know if it is sufficient to start the BAT file with the "Run as administrator" option, or do I need to look in the BAT file and mimic what it does by starting the EXE directly, using the Run as administrator option.  Maybe I have overlooked some instruction that actually tells me what to
 do in this case, and of course I can just try various methods and see what happens.  I am inclined to NOT do that because I assume I could create problems that I won't know how to fix, and it seems unwise to do that if there are simple instructions that I failed to find.

> {quote:title=Lajos Juhasz wrote:}{quote}
> Mike Ver Hagen wrote:
>
> > Are you suggesting that I navigate to the location of the install.bat
> > file and start it as an administrator?  (I'm already logged in as an
> > admin.)
> >

> Admin account doesn't have administration rights. In Win7 admin
> accounts doesn't have right to write in program files folder to achieve
> that you still have to start the "program as administrator"
>
> --
>
> Lajos Juhász
0
Mike
9/19/2011 3:09:39 PM
On 19.09.2011 16:09, Mike Ver Hagen wrote:
> OK.  Sometimes being logged in as an administrator is sufficient to install a given piece of software, and in other cases, doing the "Run as administrator" trick is required.
>
> In this case, I'm just trying to find out what is required to install the JEDI JCL components.  Since the JEDI JCL installation process is started using a BAT file, and that BAT file starts EXE program(s), I still need to know if it is sufficient to start the BAT file with the "Run as administrator" option, or do I need to look in the BAT file and mimic what it does by starting the EXE directly, using the Run as administrator option.  Maybe I have overlooked some instruction that actually tells me what
>   do in this case, and of course I can just try various methods and see what happens.  I am inclined to NOT do that because I assume I could create problems that I won't know how to fix, and it seems unwise to do that if there are simple instructions that I failed to find.

Run the BAT file as administrator.
0
Alexandru
9/19/2011 3:11:11 PM
Mike Ver Hagen wrote:
> OK.  Sometimes being logged in as an administrator is sufficient to install a given piece of software, and in other cases, doing the "Run as administrator" trick is required.
>
> In this case, I'm just trying to find out what is required to install the JEDI JCL components.  Since the JEDI JCL installation process is started using a BAT file, and that BAT file starts EXE program(s), I still need to know if it is sufficient to start the BAT file with the "Run as administrator" option, or do I need to look in the BAT file and mimic what it does by starting the EXE directly, using the Run as administrator option.  Maybe I have overlooked some instruction that actually tells me what
>   do in this case, and of course I can just try various methods and see what happens.  I am inclined to NOT do that because I assume I could create problems that I won't know how to fix, and it seems unwise to do that if there are simple instructions that I failed to find.
>
>> {quote:title=Lajos Juhasz wrote:}{quote}
>> Mike Ver Hagen wrote:
>>
>>> Are you suggesting that I navigate to the location of the install.bat
>>> file and start it as an administrator?  (I'm already logged in as an
>>> admin.)
>>>

>> Admin account doesn't have administration rights. In Win7 admin
>> accounts doesn't have right to write in program files folder to achieve
>> that you still have to start the "program as administrator"
>>
>> --
>>
>> Lajos Juhász

You could also change the location where the HPP files are generated so
that they are placed outside of program files.
That's an option in the installer, and once this is done, no need to use
the "as admin" start type anymore
0
Olivier
9/19/2011 3:21:39 PM
> {quote:title=Mike Ver Hagen wrote:}{quote}
> OK.  Sometimes being logged in as an administrator is sufficient to install a given piece of software, and in other cases, doing the "Run as administrator" trick is required.
>
> In this case, I'm just trying to find out what is required to install the JEDI JCL components.  Since the JEDI

Click the 'Start' button, navigate to the 'Embarcadero RAD Studio XE' group, and then right click the 'RAD Studio Command Prompt' option. Choose the 'Run as Administrator' (or equivalent - I'm typing this on an XP machine, and don't recall the exact name), and run the JCL install.bat from this window. (It sets all of the environment stuff for Delphi XE's command-line compiler. It may work from a normal administrative command prompt window, but I had a couple of issues with it not quite setting everything
correctly that, in fairness, is probably because I have XE installed in D:\Embarcadero\RAD Studio instead of the default C:\Program Files (x86) tree.)
0
Ken
9/19/2011 8:29:21 PM
When I try that, here's what I get in the command window:

C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl>install
Using Embarcadero RAD Studio XE

Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 22.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2010 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
Fatal: F2039 Could not create output file '..\bin\JediInstaller.exe'

An error occured while compiling the installer. Installation aborted.

Press any key to continue . . .

And when I just try to run the BAT files as administrator, I get the following:

An error occured while compiling the installer. Installation aborted.

Press any key to continue…

My almost-solution is to manually create the HPP folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp

Then I run install.bat again (NOT as admin) and that gets me past the original error about the inability to create \hpp\JclResources.hpp
Lots of compilation happens, but the following messages appear (concluding with 16 errors about c++):

JCL 2.2 Release Build 3845
==========RAD Studio XE=========================================================
Installed personalities :
32 bit Delphi
32 bit C++Builder
Multiple profile installation
Single profile installation
Saving conditional defines...
Loaded template for include file C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl\source\include\jcl.template.inc
Saved include file C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl\source\include\jcld15.inc
Building source\common library units for RAD Studio XE...
Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 22.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2010 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
427948 lines, 3.77 seconds, 53326 bytes code, 16916 bytes data.
Building source\windows library units for RAD Studio XE...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\bin\dcc32.exe" Hardlinks JclAppInst JclCIL JclCLR JclCOM JclConsole JclDebug JclDebugSerialization JclDebugXMLDeserializer
..
..
..
..
Copyright (c) 1983,2010 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
44542 lines, 0.47 seconds, 4676 bytes code, 36 bytes data.
Checking .hpp files
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\bin\bcc32.exe" -c -Ve -X -a8 -b -k- -tWM -w-par -w-aus -I"C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl\source\common;C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl\source\windows;C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl\source\vcl;C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl\devtools\jpp;C:\Download\DelphiXElibs\jedi\jcl\devtools\jpp\Templates;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\include;C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp" "jcl_a2z.cpp"
Embarcadero C++ 6.31 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993-2010 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
jcl_a2z.cpp:
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 66: Ambiguity between 'ITaskScheduler' and 'Mstask::ITaskScheduler'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 80: Ambiguity between 'ITask' and 'Mstask::ITask'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 82: Ambiguity between 'ITaskScheduler' and 'Mstask::ITaskScheduler'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 98: Ambiguity between 'ITaskTrigger' and 'Mstask::ITaskTrigger'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 99: Ambiguity between 'ITaskTrigger' and 'Mstask::ITaskTrigger'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 100: Ambiguity between '_TASK_TRIGGER' and 'Mstask::_TASK_TRIGGER'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 101: Ambiguity between '_TASK_TRIGGER' and 'Mstask::_TASK_TRIGGER'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 105: Ambiguity between 'ITaskTrigger' and 'Mstask::ITaskTrigger'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 106: Ambiguity between '_TASK_TRIGGER' and 'Mstask::_TASK_TRIGGER'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 134: Ambiguity between 'ITaskTrigger' and 'Mstask::ITaskTrigger'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 153: Ambiguity between 'IScheduledWorkItem' and 'Mstask::IScheduledWorkItem'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 182: Ambiguity between 'IScheduledWorkItem' and 'Mstask::IScheduledWorkItem'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 190: Ambiguity between 'IScheduledWorkItem' and 'Mstask::IScheduledWorkItem'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 228: Ambiguity between 'ITask' and 'Mstask::ITask'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 232: Ambiguity between 'ITask' and 'Mstask::ITask'
Error E2015 C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclTask.hpp 240: Ambiguity between 'IScheduledWorkItem' and 'Mstask::IScheduledWorkItem'
*** 16 errors in Compile ***

After this, there is no sign of JEDI in the IDE.

I have another Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine (a desktop) that doesn't yet have any 3rd-party libs installed in XE, so I tried the jcl install there.  It had the same original problem until I created the HPP folder manually.  Once it had that folder, the install completed normally on that machine.   Neither machine contains any other versions of Delphi.

Your thoughts?
0
Mike
9/20/2011 12:23:34 AM
> Click the 'Start' button, navigate to the 'Embarcadero RAD Studio XE' group, and then right click the 'RAD Studio Command Prompt' option. Choose the 'Run as Administrator' (or equivalent - I'm typing this on an XP machine, and don't recall the exact name), and run the JCL install.bat from this window. (It sets all of the environment stuff for Delphi XE's command-line compiler. It may work from a normal administrative command prompt window, but I had a couple of issues with it not quite setting everythin
g correctly that, in fairness, is probably because I have XE installed in D:\Embarcadero\RAD Studio instead of the default C:\Program Files (x86) tree.)

I'm having a problem similar to Mike's.  When I followed the instruction above, here's the contents of the command window:
===
C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\bin>D:\Downloads\Delphi\Jedi\jcl\Install.bat

An error occured while compiling the installer. Installation aborted.

Press any key to continue . . .
===
I downloaded
JVCL340CompleteJCL221-Build3845.zip
from the Jedi webpage, and extracted it.  Is that current?
Delphi XE Pro is installed in the default Program Files folder, tree ending in "8.0".
I'm running Win7 Pro.

John
0
John
9/21/2011 12:35:17 AM
The version you have is the same one I am working with, and I think it's the latest because I just got it in the prior week.  By running without the "Run as administrator" option, I was able to get past the messages you cite, only to be stopped by a subsequent set of errors that appeared to come after the Delphi parts of JCL were compiled. (the messages seemed to be related to C++)  I'm using Delphi XE Enterprise, but I doubt this problem is tied to which edition we're running.  Also, you didn't say if yo
u're running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit, but that's probably also irrelevant.  In any case, it would be good to know which version you're running, just in case.  I happen to be running this in a VM on a MacBook Pro with 3GB of RAM dedicated to the VM and Windows 7.  Are you running "straight" Windows, or in a VM?  (If VMs are relevant in this, we're all in a lot of trouble.)

I guess I'll look for JEDI forums to see if anybody reports that they've got JCL installed in XE under Windows 7.

> {quote:title=John Treder wrote:}{quote}
> > Click the 'Start' button, navigate to the 'Embarcadero RAD Studio XE' group, and then right click the 'RAD Studio Command Prompt' option. Choose the 'Run as Administrator' (or equivalent - I'm typing this on an XP machine, and don't recall the exact name), and run the JCL install.bat from this window. (It sets all of the environment stuff for Delphi XE's command-line compiler. It may work from a normal administrative command prompt window, but I had a couple of issues with it not quite setting everyth
ing correctly that, in fairness, is probably because I have XE installed in D:\Embarcadero\RAD Studio instead of the default C:\Program Files (x86) tree.)

> I'm having a problem similar to Mike's.  When I followed the instruction above, here's the contents of the command window:
> ===
> C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\bin>D:\Downloads\Delphi\Jedi\jcl\Install.bat
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> The system cannot find the path specified.
>

> An error occured while compiling the installer. Installation aborted.
>
> Press any key to continue . . .
> ===
> I downloaded
> JVCL340CompleteJCL221-Build3845.zip
> from the Jedi webpage, and extracted it.  Is that current?
> Delphi XE Pro is installed in the default Program Files folder, tree ending in "8.0".
> I'm running Win7 Pro.
>
> John

Edited by: Mike Ver Hagen on Sep 23, 2011 9:18 PM

Edited by: Mike Ver Hagen on Sep 23, 2011 9:19 PM typos, of course

Edited by: Mike Ver Hagen on Sep 23, 2011 9:19 PM
0
Mike
9/24/2011 4:20:41 AM
The solution for me was to download the later build (2.2.1.3970) of the JCL and install that AFTER manually creating the hpp folder.  Subsequent installation of the JVCL build 3845 appears to have completed normally too.

> {quote:title=Mike Ver Hagen wrote:}{quote}
> I've got XE fired up under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I'm installing various 3rd-party things.  My latest obstacle is JCL.
>
> I think I'm following the instructions, but since I've never been clear on why there is an install.bat in both the JCL and JVCL folders, I have my doubts.
>
> When I run the jcl\install.bat I get an error:
> JclResources.pas(2014) Fatal: F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclResources.hpp'
> ...failed
>
> This happens despite the fact that I have changed the BPL path from:
> C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
> C:\ProgFiles\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\
> and I have unchecked the box for "Copy HPP files to C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp
>
> ProgFiles is a folder I created in an attempt to dodge the battle with Windows over what can and cannot be written to.
>
> Can you offer a suggestion that doesn't involve reinstalling Windows 7 and Delphi XE?
>
> Edited by: Mike Ver Hagen on Sep 16, 2011 12:19 AM to correct typo
0
Mike

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

ShowMessage/MessagDlg wordwrap Delphi 2006
Hi, I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. Now with Delphi XE I notice that a migrated program shows smaller message window sizes and a previously carefully aligned message now appears wrapped and misaligned. How to get back to the previous behaviour? I'm not experienced to create my custom form, so a code snippet may help. Thanks, Uli Edited by: Ulrich Brueggemann on Sep 18, 2010 8:46 AM > I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. > ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. > > Now with Delphi ...

Upgrade from Delphi 5 and Delphi XE: Variant and SysUtils unit problems.
Hi. I am a newbie to Delhi XE. I have just taken on the task of converting my stuff from Delphi 5 [sic] to Delphi XE. The first errors I got was "Variants unit out of data or corrupted" and "symbol deprecated" in SysUtils I hope I can fix the problem by simply pointing to the "up-to-date" units. I am also wondering wether I will not have to switch to Unicode, since the errors seem to be string related (not that I know what changing to Unicode entails). Any help? Marcus > {quote:title=Marcus de Bruin wrote:}{quote} > Hi. > > I...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Delphi XE install problem on Win 7
hello, After install and try to load Delphi give a messsage : Exception EpackageRegistrationException dans le module coreide150.bpl en 0006c339. Procédure d'enregistrement, Pasreg.IDERegister dans le package c\programe....\bin\delphide.bpl a généré la classe d'exception EInOutError : Mismatched borrower. how to execute Delphi ? Best regards, Eric sailly eric wrote: > hello, > > After install and try to load Delphi give a messsage : > Exception EpackageRegistrationException dans le module coreide150.bpl en 0006c339. Procédure d...

Problem with the Delphi 2009 Translation Tool [Edit]
I am new to the Delphi 2009 translation tool. In order to familiarize with the Translation Tool I found the tutorial *"ITE and ITM Tutorial for Delphi 2005* (+http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/32974+) and used the proposed step by step approach to localize the example (from english to french): success! I tried the same procedure on another simple project: success again. Given these successes, I tried to apply the same procedure to a more complex project written originally in french (FRC) coded originally with D6 and ported to D2009 w/o any problem. It is a program that uses 8 forms, t...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi Prism XE Feature Pack installation [Edit]
I needed to un-install Delphi Prism yesterday ... but when I tried to re-install the product (the Feature Pack portion) it informed me that the serial number I used was invalid - even though the serial number is correct (the one supplied by Embarcadero). Does anyone know how to resolve this? Product: RAD Studio Professional - Upgrade (from RAD Studio 2010) OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - with all the latest product updates installed. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1 Installed Edition: Professional Microsoft Visual Basic ...

Problem re-installing DELPHI XE after disk failure
Starting Delphi after the re-install I get message: Error executing 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup.exe': The requested operation requires elevation. Search the web points me to here: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=42823 But for whatever reason this thread has been deleted. Anyone know what to here or know where the thread has moved to ? Gary PS. Installing Delphi Enterprise onto Win7 Ultimate This auto updates trying to run. If you right click and select Run as Administrator this error will go away. Gary ...

Indy TIdUdpServer OnRead problem on Delphi XE [Edit]
Hi, I have some problem with Indy TIdUDPServer on Delphi XE becouse when I try to double click on the +OnUDPRead+ events in the object inspector Delphi return this error: *"Expected '>' but '.' found.* This is the generated source code: {code} type TForm2 = class(TForm) IdUDPServer1: TIdUDPServer; procedure IdUDPServer1UDPRead(AThread: TIdUDPListenerThread; AData: TArray<System.Byte>; ABinding: TIdSocketHandle); private public end; var Form2: TForm2; implementation {$R *.dfm} procedure TForm2.IdUDPServer1UD...

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

Web resources about - Install problem with JCL and Delphi XE [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... as earth-shattering either, but there's little question that they have users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...

MLB Recommends All 30 Stadiums Install Additional Safety Netting
... too many baseball fans got seriously hurt by line-drive foul balls last season, which reignited the debate over whether stadiums should install ...

Atelier 37.2 installs wooden bathroom inside Paris apartment
Paris studio Atelier 37.2 has added a multifaceted wooden volume to an apartment in the French capital to house two shower rooms