Indy and Delphi 2009 ???

Hello All,

Please forgive me if this question has been answered and well documented, but I can't seem to locate the info!  :)

Is anyone using Indy 10 with Delphi 2009?  If so, any problems with the unicode change, etc?

TIA --

David
0
David

David Saracini wrote:

> Is anyone using Indy 10 with Delphi 2009?

Yes

> If so, any problems with the unicode change, etc?

Just a couple.

If you do have a specific question try here:
  embarcadero.public.delphi.internet.winsock

or any Indy group on the atozed server:
  news.atozedsoftware.com

--
Pieter

"One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of
 mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are
 OK, then it must be you." -- George Carlin
0
Pieter
12/27/2008 8:00:55 PM
"David Saracini" wrote in message news:59747@forums.codegear.com...
> Is anyone using Indy 10 with Delphi 2009?  If so, any problems with the
> unicode change, etc?

Yes, and kind-of yes.

Delphi 2009 comes with a version of Indy10. It works, but I had to change
some of my code in order to accomodate messages written in UTF8, etc. I also
had to change the way I use Indy. Most of my problems upgrading the
newsreader to D2009 had to do with the fact that everything is now Unicode
by default. Things like CRC32 functions had to be fixed up, for example.
0
John
12/29/2008 5:53:29 AM
John,

| Things like CRC32 functions had to be fixed up, for example.

What kind of "fixing up" did it require?

12/29/2008 08:57:03

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everyone's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
12/29/2008 4:58:27 PM
"Quentin Correll" <qcorrell@pacNObell.net> wrote in message
> John,
>
> | Things like CRC32 functions had to be fixed up, for example.
>
> What kind of "fixing up" did it require?

The CRC32 functions I had been using assumed ansistrings, so I had to change
that.
0
John
12/29/2008 6:07:44 PM
"John Jacobson" <jake@NOSPAMjsnewsreader.com> wrote in message

> Delphi 2009 comes with a version of Indy10. It works, but I had to
> change some of my code in order to accomodate messages written
> in UTF8, etc.

What kind of changes did you have to make exactly?

> Things like CRC32 functions had to be fixed up, for example.

Such as?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
John,

| The CRC32 functions I had been using assumed ansistrings, so I had to
| change that.

I gather it wasn't too much of a hassle?

12/29/2008 12:37:05

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everyone's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2009 and Indy
I installed Delphi 2009. As far as I can see Indy 10 is installed with it. Now I try to get a program working that I made under Delphi 7. It uses TIDHashMessageDigest. Now I cannot use it because of a undeclared identifier. I added IDGlobal, IDHash, IDHashMessageDigest to the uses list, but no result. What went wrong, maybe something with installation? Please help. Franklin Bockstael wrote: > > What went wrong, maybe something with installation? No, I suspect that it has something to do with Indy. I'd suggest asking in one of the technical groups that covers ...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Web resources about - Indy and Delphi 2009 ??? - embarcadero.delphi.tools