How to access .NET components directly in Delphi 2006

I want to access .NET 2.0 components directly in Delphi.

A developer has suggested me to first build dummy component in Delphi to
represent .NET component which will should be loaded at runtime.

I don't like this solution.

Is there a freeware solution (if available) which will allow me to
directly load .NET components in my Delphi 2006 IDE and visually place
them on the form and use them just like VCL components without any extra
work.

I did look at RemObject's Hydra but does not seem to allow such
functionality. Did I miss something here?

TIA

Yogi Yang
0
Yogi

On 19-1-2010 6:23, Yogi Yang wrote:
 > I want to access .NET 2.0 components directly in Delphi.
 >
 > A developer has suggested me to first build dummy component in Delphi to
 > represent .NET component which will should be loaded at runtime.
 >
 > I don't like this solution.
 >
 > Is there a freeware solution (if available) which will allow me to
 > directly load .NET components in my Delphi 2006 IDE and visually place
 > them on the form and use them just like VCL components without any extra
 > work.

Such a solution does not exist.

However, we provide a set of .Net classes that allow you to develop
Delphi applications as if it were .Net. Your code looks and behaves like
..Net code. This product is called DotNet4Delphi.

DotNet4Delphi provides many .Net types (Object, Datetime, Int64,
TimeSpan, and more), most collection classes (ArrayList, HashTable,
List<T>, Dictionary<TKey, TValue>) and a full implementation of
System.Windows.Forms.Control. This control is the base for all Winforms
visual controls.

We, for example, offer a grid that inherits from this control and this
grid is therefore available as a VCL component and as a .Net component,
all from the same source code.

DotNet4Delphi is free and can be downloaded from our website at
www.a-dato.net.

 > I did look at RemObject's Hydra but does not seem to allow such
 > functionality. Did I miss something here?

Hydra provides a solution which enable you to load and instantiate .Net
classes from your Delphi application. I don't think this will allow you
to instantiate visual .Net controls which are then displayed on a VCL
form, and certainly not at design time.

Hydra does allow you to create forms in VS which are then loaded from
and displayed in your Delphi application.

Kees Vermeulen
www.a-dato.net
0
Kees
1/19/2010 12:08:59 PM
I don't even think D2006 has support for .NET 2.0
0
Gilbert
1/19/2010 3:25:37 PM
Gilbert Padilla wrote:

> I don't even think D2006 has support for .NET 2.0

No, indeed, only D2007 does, but I assume he means using them in native
code anyway, so that should be irrelevant. <g>

"Why do we kill people who are killing people to show that
 killing people is wrong?"
 -- Holly Near
0
Rudy
1/19/2010 11:58:26 PM
> {quote:title=Yogi Yang wrote:}{quote}
> I want to access .NET 2.0 components directly in Delphi.
>
> A developer has suggested me to first build dummy component in Delphi to
> represent .NET component which will should be loaded at runtime.
>
> I don't like this solution.
>
> Is there a freeware solution (if available) which will allow me to
> directly load .NET components in my Delphi 2006 IDE and visually place
> them on the form and use them just like VCL components without any extra
> work.
>
> I did look at RemObject's Hydra but does not seem to allow such
> functionality. Did I miss something here?

Not freeware but http://www.managed-vcl.com/ can do what you want.

---
Dean
0
Dean
1/20/2010 5:43:04 AM
Kees Vermeulen wrote:
> On 19-1-2010 6:23, Yogi Yang wrote:
>  > I want to access .NET 2.0 components directly in Delphi.
>  >
>  > A developer has suggested me to first build dummy component in Delphi to
>  > represent .NET component which will should be loaded at runtime.
>  >
>  > I don't like this solution.
>  >
>  > Is there a freeware solution (if available) which will allow me to
>  > directly load .NET components in my Delphi 2006 IDE and visually place
>  > them on the form and use them just like VCL components without any extra
>  > work.
>
> Such a solution does not exist.
>
> However, we provide a set of .Net classes that allow you to develop
> Delphi applications as if it were .Net. Your code looks and behaves like
> .Net code. This product is called DotNet4Delphi.
>
> DotNet4Delphi provides many .Net types (Object, Datetime, Int64,
> TimeSpan, and more), most collection classes (ArrayList, HashTable,
> List<T>, Dictionary<TKey, TValue>) and a full implementation of
> System.Windows.Forms.Control. This control is the base for all Winforms
> visual controls.
>
> We, for example, offer a grid that inherits from this control and this
> grid is therefore available as a VCL component and as a .Net component,
> all from the same source code.
>
> DotNet4Delphi is free and can be downloaded from our website at
> www.a-dato.net.
>
>  >
>  > I did look at RemObject's Hydra but does not seem to allow such
>  > functionality. Did I miss something here?
>
> Hydra provides a solution which enable you to load and instantiate .Net
> classes from your Delphi application. I don't think this will allow you
> to instantiate visual .Net controls which are then displayed on a VCL
> form, and certainly not at design time.
>
> Hydra does allow you to create forms in VS which are then loaded from
> and displayed in your Delphi application.
>
> Kees Vermeulen
> www.a-dato.net
Thanks for this info. I will look into it.
0
Yogi
1/23/2010 2:58:50 PM
Dean Hill wrote:
>> {quote:title=Yogi Yang wrote:}{quote}
>> I want to access .NET 2.0 components directly in Delphi.
>>
>> A developer has suggested me to first build dummy component in Delphi to
>> represent .NET component which will should be loaded at runtime.
>>
>> I don't like this solution.
>>
>> Is there a freeware solution (if available) which will allow me to
>> directly load .NET components in my Delphi 2006 IDE and visually place
>> them on the form and use them just like VCL components without any extra
>> work.
>>
>> I did look at RemObject's Hydra but does not seem to allow such
>> functionality. Did I miss something here?
>
> Not freeware but http://www.managed-vcl.com/ can do what you want.
>
> ---
> Dean
Thanks for this info. I will give this a look.
0
Yogi
1/23/2010 3:00:37 PM
It seems CrossTalk is what you need:

http://atozed.com/CrossTalk

> {quote:title=Yogi Yang wrote:}{quote}
> I want to access .NET 2.0 components directly in Delphi.
>
> A developer has suggested me to first build dummy component in Delphi to
> represent .NET component which will should be loaded at runtime.
>
> I don't like this solution.
>
> Is there a freeware solution (if available) which will allow me to
> directly load .NET components in my Delphi 2006 IDE and visually place
> them on the form and use them just like VCL components without any extra
> work.
>
> I did look at RemObject's Hydra but does not seem to allow such
> functionality. Did I miss something here?
>
> TIA
>
> Yogi Yang
0
Hristo

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

Importing .NET component in Turbo Delphi Explorer 2006
I just got done back porting some .NET 2.0 code to .NET 1.1. When in .NET 2.0, I was able to interact with it by registering my .NET assembly as a COM object and then in my Delphi IDE going to Component->Import Component->Import a Type Library. I then select my COM object and click next. I change the Palette Page to Standard. I then add it to my project. Everything worked. Now in .NET 1.1, I tried the exact same thing. It appears to work, however when my code is run, I get a runtime error that says that the parameter is incorrect. Even when calling a parameterless method. So I...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

Delphi 5 direct access components to SA 5.5
Hello! I am before the choice. Which components set is better for subject? I'd like to ask people who have definitive experience in testing of such components. We have a such number: NativeDB ASADAC ODBCExpress SQLDirect Titan Which is better? Any valid conclusion is very appreciated. Thanks in advance. I haven't tried all of the products you list, but I can recommend NativeDB. It is made specifically for SQL Anywhere, so it supports some features of SQL Anywhere that multi-target middleware does not support. The vendor supports the product very promptl...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Api to skydrive delphi or delphi.net
Dear Good afternoon ... Does anyone have any idea or some documentation on how to implement or delphi.net via delphi api to access skydrive files. Thank you for your help. ...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Web resources about - How to access .NET components directly in Delphi 2006 - embarcadero.delphi.tools

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Samsung announces big profits for Q3 2015, driven by components business
... So beneficial was the weakened won that it translated to quarterly gains of approximately 800 billion won ($705 million), primarily from component ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...