Has anybody used OpenOffice Base's ODB as a database with Delphi?

How does it interface with Delphi? Is it similar to MDB? How good and reliable is Base's ODB? I do understand that Base itself can act as a front end to MySQL, and both are OpenSource with Sun support.
0
Anil

> {quote:title=Anil Subbarao wrote:}{quote}
> How does it interface with Delphi? Is it similar to MDB? How good and reliable is Base's ODB? I do understand that Base itself can act as a front end to MySQL, and both are OpenSource with Sun support.

I think you could use an ODBC driver and then use ADO components unless they are direct components but I am not aware of them.....
I hope it helps
Philippe Watel
0
Philippe

Using Delphi's new Exception.StackTrace property with 3party tools
Hello, Tobias published an article about Delphi's new (2009) Exception.StackTrace property on our blog: Working with Delphi’s new Exception.StackTrace http://blog.gurock.com/?p=730 It would be interesting to see if/how other 3party dev tool vendors make use of this property (exception reporting tools etc). Has anyone seen support for this in other tools yet (I believe Fabio of Eurekalog is working on it). Kind regards, Dennis Gurock -- Gurock Software Co-Founder http://www.gurock.com/ DelphiFeeds.com Admin http://www.delphifeeds.com/ ...

Re: [perl #112916] please enhance 'use' and "use parent" to use 'base's modfind ability
Hello, as the author of parent.pm, I think that some historical context will be beneficial. Most of this can be found by using Google or another search engine with the appropriate search terms. Please read these links to familiarize yourself with the reasons why base.pm is as it is, and why parent.pm exists: http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2007/07/msg127273.html Also, a short description of some situations where base.pm fails to load a file when you touch a namespace in the wrong place: http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=738152 I also gave a talk at the Ge...

Using Delphi in AutoCAD 64bit's version
A previous thread has run out of control so i hope this will stay focused on problem solving. First the situation: We create a third party application running in AutoCAD that uses Delphi for it's GUI. So far most of our customers were happy 32bit users but that is changing rapidly. And AutoCAD only installs a 64bit version of their application on 64bit Windows editions. So to use our interface in Autocad we need it to load it into the 64bit process. The current solution is that we have to tell our customers that they shouldn't buy / use 64bit windows systems. But that is not exce...

MOVED: Using Delphi in AutoCAD 64bit's version
Moved to: embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.win32 Or: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28337 -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "All my humor is based upon destruction and despair. If the whole world were tranquil, without disease and violence, I'd be standing on the breadline right in back of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Lenny Bruce ...

Does anyone use dUnit with Delphi 2010? It's glitchy.
I decided to try out dUnit in Delphi 2010. I find a glitch in the GUI Runner that the first click on the toolbar buttons to run the tests does not work. In fact, no button works, on first click. Second time I click, it works. Third click works as well. Anyways, a big glitch like this that hits me every time, makes me wonder if dUnit is for "real" or is a toy? The File->New "wizard" to create a new test project, and a new unit test, is super easy to use. It couldn't be easier to create unit tests. All the "boilerplate" code it generates is e...

Can I use UL9's ActiveX component to open UL7's database file?
UltraLite components require schema information in the database (8.0.2 and later). Also, as of 9.0.0, UltraLite's ActiveX component on the desktop works with Unicode databases. Palm database files are still ANSI and Windows CE database files are still Unicode. If you are synchronizing, synchronize the old app, create a schema file with ulinit and then write your ActiveX app and synchronize it. Otherwise, for a Palm, Windows CE or unicode desktop database file: To move to 9.0.0 or later, you would have to: 1. Backup your database file just in case. 2. Modify your 7...

Where's nsoftware's IP*Works in Delphi XE?
Hello, nobody in the Installation forum seems to know. Where's nsoftware's IP*Works in Delphi XE? Cheers, Tobias [http://www.superflexible.com] Hi Tobias +1 Best Regards Claudio "Tobias Giesen" ha scritto nel messaggio news:280997@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hello, > > nobody in the Installation forum seems to know. > > Where's nsoftware's IP*Works in Delphi XE? > > Cheers, > Tobias > > [http://www.superflexible.com] Tobias Giesen wrote: > nobody in the Installation forum seems to know. >...

Nick's European webinar 'A year in the life of Delphi'
Why was this only announced in Pawel Glowacki's blog just after it finished? I am a registered D2009 developer in Europe and heard nothing in advance. Quietly burying the bad news about the 64-bit compiler? Tim Frost wrote: > Why was this only announced in Pawel Glowacki's blog just after it > finished? I am a registered D2009 developer in Europe and heard > nothing in advance. Quietly burying the bad news about the 64-bit > compiler? I got an email about it yesterday, but could not participate. I am most interested to see/hear a replay of the show. When will ...

One Man's Use for RTTI and Attributes in Delphi XE
http://jscoder.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/one-mans-use-for-rtti-and-attributes-in-delphi-xe/ > {quote:title=John Jacobson wrote:}{quote} > http://jscoder.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/one-mans-use-for-rtti-and-attributes-in-delphi-xe/ Nested "with" statements? Imagine what Nick would say. {code} with Result do begin with FilesDescriptor do with FileDescriptor[0] do BlockSize := nxbs8K; {code} -- Regards Bruce McGee Glooscap Software Bruce McGee wrote: > Imagine what Nick would say. I....I......I can't really speak r...

Re: MOVED: Using Delphi in AutoCAD 64bit's version
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > Moved to: embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.win32 > > Or: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28337 Somehow that appeared to have failed, the original post is not visible from the NNTP side in the win32 group. -- Pieter "It was the experience of mystery -- even if mixed with fear -- that engendered religion." -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > > > Moved to: embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.win32 > > > > ...

Delphi XE2-based products in Apple's App Store are...
I'm curious who will be the first to have a Delphi-based product for sale in Apple's App Store, and what it will be. It would also be good to have a list here of such apps so people can see what is being done with Delphi XE2. > {quote:title=David Schwartz wrote:}{quote} > I'm curious who will be the first to have a Delphi-based product for sale in Apple's App Store, and what it will be. > > It would also be good to have a list here of such apps so people can see what is being done with Delphi XE2. Here are some apps that I believe were created with [Free...

Current 'help' tools for Delphi
I know this subject comes up every few years, but as I look at some of the past answers, and find either extinct or outdated software, I have to ask the question: What are folks using CURRENTLY to develop help files for their Delphi programs? TIA David Erbas-White David Erbas-White wrote: > I know this subject comes up every few years, but as I look at some of > the past answers, and find either extinct or outdated software, I have > to ask the question: > > What are folks using CURRENTLY to develop help files for their Delphi > programs? Here we are...

What's using each CPU
Hi, I have a NW65SP7 server running with a single quad core processor, and 8GB of RAM. If I go into NRM and choose "Profiling and Debug Information", and click on "Execution Profiling by NLM", the list is empty? I was guessing this would show me which threads or processes are using which CPU's. I can see in the health monitor and then clicking on each of the 4 CPU's that they are all being used, but I was curious what NLM's are using which and perhaps an average usage stat. Is there a simple way to accomplish this? Also if I go to "View...

Is it possilble use a delphi program to control firefox's proxy settings?
I'm a delphi programmer. Is it possible to write a program by delphi and control firefox to change proxy at anytime? Thank you! Sean wrote: > I'm a delphi programmer. Is it possible to write a program by delphi and > control firefox to change proxy at anytime? > > Thank you! maybe you need this: http://www.roundtwo.com/product/switchproxy Andy -- to contact me, remove the NO-TINNED-MEAT Fun with Telemarketers [Part 6]: When the telemarketers call, ask them for the name of the company that they work for and where its located. Then you tell them...

Web resources about - Has anybody used OpenOffice Base's ODB as a database with Delphi? - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Apache OpenOffice - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

OpenOffice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apache OpenOffice , formerly known as OpenOffice.org , and often called OpenOffice or OOo , is an open-source office productivity software suite ...

Apache OpenOffice Downloads
(incubating) - The Free and Open Productivity Suite Announcing Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Product Download Support Extend Develop Focus Areas Native ...

Why Apache OpenOffice
Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing , spreadsheets , presentations , graphics , databases ...

Textilus Word Processor - Document Editor for Microsoft Office Word , OpenOffice & Scrivener Documents ...
Get Textilus Word Processor - Document Editor for Microsoft Office Word , OpenOffice & Scrivener Documents for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots ...

A Few Perspectives on OpenOffice.org - YouTube
Some thoughts from OpenOffice.org users and why they switched back to Microsoft Office.

German city says OpenOffice shortcomings are forcing it back to Microsoft
The city council in Freiburg, Germany, is planning to ditch an open source office suite and go back to using Microsoft Office.

German city dumps OpenOffice and switches to Microsoft
A majority of the city council in Freiburg, Germany, has voted in favor of ditching the open source suite OpenOffice to return to Microsoft Office ...

Google Drive adds support for importing OpenOffice (ODF) file formats
Google announced today that it’s now officially supporting ODF files in Google Drive allowing users to import all three major ODF file formats. ...

A Scattering: Legal Tech Startups, IPOs, Fax, Time Matters And OpenOffice
Based on the world of legal-tech startups, there is hope that a legal technology industry will flourish and help lawyers and law firms provide ...