FastScript in Delphi XE8 - Works in 2006, Any tips to make it work in XE8? [Edit] #2

*Edit: This is now solved, but I leave the original message below for reference.  The solution was essentially to delete all traces of FastReports (That's "Reports", not "Script") from the computer, as it was interfering with FastScript.  This was actually fairly involved to do, and we did it under the supervision of someone from FastScript tech support, who was extremely helpful.   If you run into the problem described below, be sure to contact their technical support and see if maybe you are experiencin
g the same issue, and how to resolve it.   I hope this is helpful to you.   I suggest contacting their support directly, but if you need instructions, we did take some notes that I can hunt down and send you if you send me a message requesting them (otherwise, they are not handy at the moment, and I think may contain stuff not suitable to post publically.)*

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

I am converting from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE8, and am now nearing the finish line, but have one remaining major roadblock: FastScript

I use Fastscript very heavily as a way to allow our users to write scripts that can extend our software as much as they like, including creating forms and adding buttons.  This is not working.

A specific problem that I have, is that code that works great in Delphi 2006 does not work in Delphi XE8.  Specifically, if my script contains a reference to a "TForm", or "TBitBtn" (as well as many other components), then FastScript will return an error at runtime of "Unknown Type 'tBitBtn'" or "resource TForm not found".

I suspect that maybe unit names have perhaps changed, and I'm not including whatever defines TForm, TBitBtn, and other such items for FastScript.

Anyone else experience similar issues?  Any tips here?

Thanks!

Carl.

PS: Below is a simple test application that shows the problem.

{code}
unit FastScriptTestUnit;
{
  Test of converting a Delphi 2006 FastScript project to work in Delphi XE8.
  This unit works great in Delphi 2006.  It gives error in Delphi XE8.
}
interface

uses
  Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms,
  Dialogs, StdCtrls,
  {Fast Script items needed to run this script below.}
  fs_iinterpreter, fs_ipascal;

type
  TForm2 = class(TForm)
    fsScript1: TfsScript;
    fsPascal1: TfsPascal;
    procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
  private
    { Private declarations }
  public
    { Public declarations }
  end;

var
  Form2: TForm2;

implementation
uses
  fs_iCpp,fs_iBasic,fs_iJS,
  FS_iClassesRTTI,FS_iGraphicsRTTI,FS_iFormsRTTI,FS_iExtCtrlsRTTI,
  FS_iDialogsRTTI,FS_iDBRTTI,FS_iDBCtrlsRTTI,FS_iBDERTTI,FS_iADORTTI,
  fs_imenusrtti;

{$R *.dfm}

var
  TempScript:tfsScript;
  ScriptLines:TStringList;
begin

  {Create the Script Engine.}
  TempScript:=tfsScript.Create(Self);
  TempScript.Clear;
  TempScript.Parent:=fsGlobalUnit;

  {Create a temporary script to run.}
  ScriptLines:=TStringList.Create;
  ScriptLines.Clear;
  ScriptLines.Add('var');
  ScriptLines.Add('  MyForm:TForm;');
  ScriptLines.Add('begin');
  ScriptLines.Add('  MyForm:=TForm.Create(nil);');
  ScriptLines.Add('  MyForm.ShowModal;');
  ScriptLines.Add('  MyForm.Free;');
  ScriptLines.Add('end.');

  TempScript.Lines:=ScriptLines;

  {Run the script.}
  if TempScript.Compile then
  begin
    TempScript.Execute;
  end
  else
  begin
    ShowMessage('Script did not compile'+#13+
                'Error line: '+TempScript.ErrorPos+#13+
                'Error Message: '+TempScript.ErrorMsg);
  end;

  {Free up stuff.}
  TempScript.Free;
  ScriptLines.Free;

end;

end.
{code}

Edited by: Carl Olsen on Jul 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Edited by: Carl Olsen on Jul 27, 2015 4:54 PM
0
Carl

Solved - FastReports was interfering with FastScript.  FastScript Tech Support helped remove all remnants of FastReports and problem went away.  Contact their tech support if you need to also do this.
0
Carl

ZXing Barcode Scanning Library for the Delphi XE7/XE8 and Appmethod [Edit] #2
Hi Help wanted for the new Open Source barcode scan port project of the famous ZXing library! With this library you can scan with native speed without the use of linking in external libraries and avoid compability issues and dependencies. It is fast. *Help needed* Although it works extremely well, it works currently only with one type barcode (Code 128). I only needed this one barcode so for me there is no immediate need for me to implement more types but I like to add all of them! For that I need your help! The 1D barcode base classes are already implemented. Only with your hel...

ZXing Barcode Scanning Library for the Delphi XE7/XE8 and Appmethod [Edit] #2
Hi Help wanted for the new Open Source barcode scan port project of the famous ZXing library! With this library you can scan with native speed without the use of linking in external libraries and avoid compability issues and dependencies. It is fast. *Help needed* Although it works extremely well, it works currently only with one type barcode (Code 128). I only needed this one barcode so for me there is no immediate need for me to implement more types but I like to add all of them! For that I need your help! The 1D barcode base classes are already implemented. Only with your hel...

New Data Access Components for Delphi with Support for RAD XE8 by Devart [Edit] #2
Devart released the new versions of *Delphi Data Access Components*. New versions include the following new features: * *RAD Studio XE8* is supported and now you can use the latest IDE to develop applications for various platforms, including iOS 64-bit * Support for AppMethod is added * Objects and XML are supported in Direct Mode for Oracle. Starting from this version, Direct Mode is distributed as source code and available for Lazarus * Increased performance of Direct Mode for SQL Server. It is also distributed as source code and now available for Lazarus * Database encryption and D...

New Data Access Components for Delphi with Support for RAD XE8 by Devart [Edit] #2
Devart released the new versions of *Delphi Data Access Components*. New versions include the following new features: * RAD Studio XE8 is supported and now you can use the latest IDE to develop applications for various platforms, including iOS 64-bit * Support for AppMethod is added * Objects and XML are supported in Direct Mode for Oracle. Starting from this version, Direct Mode is distributed as source code and available for Lazarus * Increased performance of Direct Mode for SQL Server. It is also distributed as source code and now available for Lazarus * Database encryption and Dir...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

ShowMessage/MessagDlg wordwrap Delphi 2006
Hi, I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. Now with Delphi XE I notice that a migrated program shows smaller message window sizes and a previously carefully aligned message now appears wrapped and misaligned. How to get back to the previous behaviour? I'm not experienced to create my custom form, so a code snippet may help. Thanks, Uli Edited by: Ulrich Brueggemann on Sep 18, 2010 8:46 AM > I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. > ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. > > Now with Delphi ...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

HTML Editor Library trial is now available for Delphi 6
HTML Editor Library trial is now available for Delphi 6 - Delphi XE8 Please use the following link to download the trial: http://delphihtmlcomponents.com/editor.html Hi! Do you have another emailadress than the support@delphihtmlcomponents.com, because I would like to upgrade to the Editor-package, but I can't email you. Gruß aus den Bergen Günter Please use asviridenkov at gmail.com > {quote:title=G|nter Kieninger wrote:}{quote} > Hi! > > Do you have another emailadress than the > support@delphihtmlcomponents.com, because I would like t...

Reg. Delphi XE8 Release features Android [Edit]
Hi, I think within April, we can expect Delphi XE8 release from Embarcadreo. And Can we expect the reduction of the size of the Android application as the Android is occupying more space which is explained in this link [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26814660/reg-the-size-of-android-app-in-delphi] . Creating application for Windows Phone is not there and will this functionality will be released.? And 64 bit iOs will be given in the release of the Delphi version.? And When is the next release of the Delphi Version.? Edited by: sathiya narayanan on Mar 3, 2015 1:16 AM > {quote...

How to Change Tablet App to Phone app in Delphi XE8? [Edit]
Hi, i've created an app more specifically for tablets. So if the screen is smaller than 7 inch not everything fits. I do work with layouts and Align properties so everything gets scaled accordingly to the screen size. I know a few options to make the app useable for phones ass well. But not sure what the best way is. Option1: Create multiple Views for each size screen. Option2: Use ScaledLayout to make everything smaller or bigger. Option3: Use scrollBox. Option4: Edit component sizes in FormCreate after checking screen size. Option5: Devide in more Forms. *So what&...

ZXing Barcode Scanning Library for the Delphi XE7/XE8 and Appmethod [Edit]
Hi Help wanted for the new Open Source barcode scan port project of the famous ZXing library! With this library you can scan with native speed without the use of linking in external libraries and avoid compability issues and dependencies. It is fast. *Help needed* Although it works extremely well, it works currently only with one type barcode (Code 128). I only needed this one barcode so for me there is no immediate need for me to implement more types but I like to add all of them! For that I need your help! The 1D barcode base classes are already implemented. Only with your hel...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Web resources about - FastScript in Delphi XE8 - Works in 2006, Any tips to make it work in XE8? [Edit] #2 - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Mac App Store - FastScripts
Get FastScripts on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

FastScripts Keyboard Shortcuts On Leopard
It has been brought to my attention that some users are experiencing a bug with FastScripts on Leopard, where keyboard shortcuts just seem to ...

Using FastScripts as a Lightweight Alternative to Growl
Growl is an interesting idea — a system-wide notification system with self-dismissing messages. Unlike a dialog box alert that (a) pops up in ...

ASAP Sports Transcripts
ASAPSports FastScripts, a system using state-of-the-art technology created to produce verbatim FastScripts of press conferences and player/team ...

Quickly restarting apps with LaunchBar (and friends)
I doubt "normal" people ever need to frequently restart apps, but when working on keybindings and other things it's nice to be able to do it ...

reefdog / Vienna-to- Yojimbo - AppleScripts
Vienna-to-Yojimbo-AppleScripts - AppleScripts for creating bookmarks and web archives in Yojimbo from Vienna.

The Safari 6 URL crisis
August 1st, 2012 at 9:56 pm by Dr. Drang There’s a small crisis spreading across that part of the Mac world that’s upgraded to Mountain Lion ...

Microapp News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip - Lifehacker
Numi Quickly Performs Lengthy Calculations in Plain English. TinEye Client Finds Similar Images with a Right-Click. NexTab Cycles Through Tabs ...

Mac Menu Bars
Droplr — for shortening links and mostly for sharing quick screen grabs. Dropbox — saves my life. TextExpander — saves my fingers. FastScripts ...

Hide Everything
Hide all windows on your OS X Mac. Hide all applications on a Mac running OSX.