Delphi XE2 64-bits with third party components

Im using in Delphi XE the following third party components:
-DBIsam from Elevate Software (www.elevatesoft.com)
-SecureBlackBox from Eidos (www.eidos.com)
-SuiPack from Sunisoft (sunisoft.com)
-PivotCube from PivotCube (pivotCube.com)

And other visual (based in VCL) and non-visual components developed by myself, and dll for 32bits.

I guess that will work XE2 if compiled in Delphi for 32 bits. But what happens when I want to want to generate a 64-bit executable? I need a separate 64-bit version of these components or dll, or the compiler performs the required conversion?
0
Juan

> {quote:title=Juan Carlos Morales wrote:}{quote}
> Im using in Delphi XE the following third party components:
> -DBIsam from Elevate Software (www.elevatesoft.com)
> -SecureBlackBox from Eidos (www.eidos.com)
> -SuiPack from Sunisoft (sunisoft.com)
> -PivotCube from PivotCube (pivotCube.com)
>
> And other visual (based in VCL) and non-visual components developed by myself, and dll for 32bits.
>
> I guess that will work XE2 if compiled in Delphi for 32 bits. But what happens when I want to want to generate a 64-bit executable? I need a separate 64-bit version of these components or dll, or the compiler performs the required conversion?

If you have the source code, you can put a copy in a separate folder and try to compile it for 64-bit. If it compiles, you can then test it thoroughly in your application and make sure everything works. If it doesn't work (or doesn't compile), you'll have to either fix it yourself or contact the vendor for an updated version.

If you don't have the source code, the vendor will have to supply you with new 64-bit dcu files.

Either way, the compiler can't fix things for you automatically. You may be lucky and have code that happens to be compatible with both.
0
Ken
9/27/2011 4:43:30 PM
> If you have the source code, you can put a copy in a separate folder
> and try to compile it for 64-bit. If it compiles, you can then test

Just one note - not to "compile", but rather "build" the project.
As the x64 compiler will be confused when will find x32 dcu's.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / www.da-soft.com
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > If you have the source code, you can put a copy in a separate folder
> > and try to compile it for 64-bit. If it compiles, you can then test
>
> Just one note - not to "compile", but rather "build" the project.
> As the x64 compiler will be confused when will find x32 dcu's.

That's a good point, generally speaking. Thanks. :)

I don't think it's an issue in this case, though; I'm sure the 64-bit compiler would notice that the .dcus were 32-bit and they'd therefore need to be recompiled from the source. ;)
0
Ken
9/28/2011 4:21:53 PM
> I don't think it's an issue in this case, though; I'm sure the 64-bit
> compiler would notice that the .dcus were 32-bit and they'd therefore
> need to be recompiled from the source. ;)

You and me are expecting that. But compiler just return an
error, that the bitness of the DCU file is wrong. That is why
I am talking about "Build". Although I am not sure about
Update 1, may be that is changed there ...

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / www.da-soft.com
AnyDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
9/28/2011 5:54:02 PM
> You and me are expecting that. But compiler just return an
> error, that the bitness of the DCU file is wrong.

This problem can be avoided by defining a specify output directory for the DCU files. With this the 32 and 64 bit DCU files are created and searched  in different places.

Julian
0
Julian

Delphi XE2 Third party components
Im using in Delphi XE the following third party components: -DBIsam from Elevate Software (www.elevatesoft.com) -SecureBlackBox from Eidos (www.eidos.com) -SuiPack from Sunisoft (sunisoft.com) -PivotCube from PivotCube (pivotCube.com) And other visual (based in VCL) and non-visual components developed by myself, and dll for 32bits. I guess that will work XE2 if compiled in Delphi for 32 bits. But what happens when I want to want to generate a 64-bit executable? I need a separate 64-bit version of these components or dll, or the compiler performs the required conversion? Juan Carlo...

Delphi 2009 Compatible Third Party Tools & Components
CDN Delphi 2009 Compatible Third Party Tools & Components page lists GExperts as compatable with Delphi 2009, but when you go to the GExperts website there is nothing mentioned about Delphi 2009 at all. Whats up? Bill "Bill Miller" wrote in message <news:17719@forums.codegear.com>: > CDN Delphi 2009 Compatible Third Party Tools & Components page lists > GExperts as compatable with Delphi 2009, but when you go to the GExperts > website there is nothing mentioned about Delphi 2009 at all. I've asked this question before in thirdparty.gener...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Third party refactoring tools for Delphi
Can anyone tell me their experiences with the more recent versions of TwoDesk Castalia or ModelMaker Code Explorer? I'm coming from VS and really liked Resharper and Coderush so I'm looking for a more robust refactoring experience than what Delphi has built-in. Are there any other refactoring tools than these two I may have overlooked? Thanks in advance, Kenny Kenneth Cochran wrote: > Can anyone tell me their experiences with the more recent versions of > TwoDesk Castalia or ModelMaker Code Explorer? I'm coming from VS and > really liked Resharper an...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi XE2: debugging a 64-bit Excel add-in
Hi all, I'm trying to update a 64-bit Excel add-in to export threadsafe functions. So far the exported functions are registered as not threadsafe. I've run into a problem debugging this add-in. Basically, debugging doesn't work: breakpoints are ignored, F4 has the same effect as F9. Environment: W7 64-bit, Excel 2010 64-bit, XE2 update 4. Target platform Win64, with build configuration Debug. In Project Options, Compiler, Linking I have Debug Information=true and Include remote debug symbols=true as well. Any ideas? Many thanks, Jan Hm, no responses yet. Nobody doin...

Delphi XE2/XE3 Starter and Windows 64 bit
Hello. If I create some application in Delphi XE3 Starter, compile it (as 32 bit, because Starter does not supports 64 bit compiler), will it run on Windows x64 ? Which problems I can experience in it? Artemij Shepelev wrote: > If I create some application in Delphi XE3 Starter, compile it (as 32 > bit, because Starter does not supports 64 bit compiler), will it run > on Windows x64 ? As all other 32 bit apps on Win64, > Which problems I can experience in it? No problem in general. :-) -- Alex My question arised from Delphi Features Matrix Document. Fr...

Using Delphi XE2 to write a 64-bit UDF with BLOBs
Hello, We are upgrading a product to Interbase XE (x64) and we use a UDF with BLOBs (written in Delphi). Previously (in x86 land) we have used the TBlob definition in IBExternals to allow GetSegment and PutSegment with blobs in the UDF, but in this causes an AV when we build a the UDF as a Win64 DLL in Delphi XE2 for Interbase XE (64-bit on Win7 Pro). All the other UDF functions work correctly. The TBlob definition from XE2 is below - what is wrong? Regards, Graham TISC_BlobGetSegment = function(BlobHandle: PInt; Buffer: PByte; ...

Issues writing Interbase XE 64-bit UDFs in Delphi XE2
I am having major issues trying to convert our old UDFs to 64-bit UDFs in Delphi XE2. The *only* success I have had is in returning a constant value! {*****************************************************************} {code}library SixtyFourUDF; uses SysUtils, Classes; function ReturnFive: Integer; export; begin Result := 5; end; Exports Return_Five; begin end. {code} {*****************************************************************} I can't even get a simple multiply function to work. {*****************************************************************} ...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 64-bits with third party components - embarcadero.delphi.tools

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Spent on specs: are smartphone component wars overrated?
... made, or at least a few dozen? Ironically, many of the games that are recommended tend to be those that don't require blazing hardware components ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

DeBoer makes no excuses for components Sharks are missing
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch DeBoer makes no excuses for components ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people