Delphi component for computing general linear mixed models ??

Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
basis that should be compared together ??
0
Alf

For you old-timers here is a hint as to what the subject is about:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22General+linear+mixed+models%22
--JohnH
0
John
9/15/2009 1:55:45 PM
Have you looked at http://www.dewresearch.com/ which has some useful code for that
sort of thing?

/Matthew Jones/
0
Matthew
9/15/2009 2:01:08 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:
> Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
> General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
> also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
> basis that should be compared together ??

SDL (http://www.lohninger.com/sdlindex.html) has components for advanced
math and statistics.  The website mentions linear regression among the
many things it can do, but doesn't specifically mention mixed models.
I've got the Light version for the D2009 partner CD installed, but
haven't had time to properly play with it yet.  Since I has SAS as well,
it's likely I'll never need/use SDL, but it's nice to have just in case.

--
Jon Purvis
Wildlife Data Analyst
Matthew Jones wrote:
> Have you looked at http://www.dewresearch.com/ which has some useful code for that
> sort of thing?
>
> /Matthew Jones/
Thanx. This seem like what I'm looking after, doing statistics on time
series of human activity comparing said athletes with said obese people
and other statistics.
I'' check with stat. dep.
0
Alf
9/15/2009 4:17:38 PM
Jon Purvis wrote:
> Alf Christophersen wrote:
>> Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
>> General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
>> also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
>> basis that should be compared together ??
>
> SDL (http://www.lohninger.com/sdlindex.html) has components for advanced
> math and statistics.  The website mentions linear regression among the
> many things it can do, but doesn't specifically mention mixed models.
> I've got the Light version for the D2009 partner CD installed, but
> haven't had time to properly play with it yet.  Since I has SAS as well,
> it's likely I'll never need/use SDL, but it's nice to have just in case.

Thx. I'll have a look. Nice anyway to maybe have access to different
packages in statistical analysis in case our stat. dep. finds that using
Delphi might be of interest compared to 'r' as used today.
0
Alf
9/15/2009 4:18:49 PM
Hi Alf,

I haven't gone into what they offer, but maybe this will help:
http://www.esbconsult.com

--
Girish Patil
Gnostice Information Technologies

"Alf Christophersen" <alf.christophersen@medisin.uio.no> wrote in message
> Are there any statistical software available for Delphi for computing
> General linear mixed models so that having a data sampler and analyser
> also may run statistics directly on group of humans observed pr minute
> basis that should be compared together ??
0
Girish
9/19/2009 1:21:52 PM
Girish Patil wrote:
> Hi Alf,
>
> I haven't gone into what they offer, but maybe this will help:
> http://www.esbconsult.com

Thx for pointer, but it seems like the packages are stand-alone
packages, not meant for building into a Delphi program where the Delphi
program reads some big sets of time-dependent observations (motion and
body position) and do different integrations which is then put into the
model and statistics can be done for an arbitrary amount of persons in
each group that should be compared, like fat vs slim people, children vs
  adults etc. etc.
0
Alf
9/21/2009 3:02:07 PM
Well, I'm not sure if their libraries do what you want, but they do have
stats/math libraries that can be integrated into a Delphi program.

--

> Girish Patil wrote:
>> Hi Alf,
>>
>> I haven't gone into what they offer, but maybe this will help:
>> http://www.esbconsult.com
>>
> Thx for pointer, but it seems like the packages are stand-alone
> packages, not meant for building into a Delphi program where the Delphi
> program reads some big sets of time-dependent observations (motion and
> body position) and do different integrations which is then put into the
> model and statistics can be done for an arbitrary amount of persons in
> each group that should be compared, like fat vs slim people, children vs
>  adults etc. etc.
0
Girish

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Web resources about - Delphi component for computing general linear mixed models ?? - embarcadero.delphi.tools

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Spent on specs: are smartphone component wars overrated?
... made, or at least a few dozen? Ironically, many of the games that are recommended tend to be those that don't require blazing hardware components ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

DeBoer makes no excuses for components Sharks are missing
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch DeBoer makes no excuses for components ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people