Delphi 7, INDY 10 and FastMM

Hi everybody,

I installed a version from April 2010 of INDY 10.
I use the latest version of FastMM4.
I use Delphi 7 Enteprise.

In the version of INDY 10 I used before I changed the units IdStack,
IdThread and IDThread save to avoid memory leak messages from FastMM.

After installing the new version of INDY10 I get the following errors:
1)
I have to change the setting of the $G compiler option from OFF to ON.

2)
After changing this I get an error that the another MemoryManager has been
loaded and FastMM could not be used.

Does anybody has an idea what has been changed and how to setup the
libraries correct to avoid the memory leak messages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

With kind regards,
Ruediger Kabbasch
0
Ruediger

Ruediger Kabbasch wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I installed a version from April 2010 of INDY 10.
> I use the latest version of FastMM4.
> I use Delphi 7 Enteprise.

What I have done is make changes to CompilerDefines.inc in Core,
Protocols and System.

Change:
{.$DEFINE USE_FASTMM4}
{$UNDEF USE_FASTMM4}

To:
{$DEFINE USE_FASTMM4}
//{$UNDEF USE_FASTMM4}

Hth
Rael
0
Rael
6/6/2010 11:20:45 AM
Ah, thanks a lot!

I did not know that this parameter exists.

With kind regards,
Ruediger Kabbasch

"Rael Bauer" <rael@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> What I have done is make changes to CompilerDefines.inc in Core,
> Protocols and System.
>
> Change:
> {.$DEFINE USE_FASTMM4}
> {$UNDEF USE_FASTMM4}
>
> To:
> {$DEFINE USE_FASTMM4}
> //{$UNDEF USE_FASTMM4}
>
> Hth
> Rael
0
Ruediger

Delphi 7, INDY 10 and FastMM [2nd]
Hi everybody. I try to compile the latest INDY 10 snapshot with Delphi 7 Enterprise. I'm using also FastMM 494. If I activate the directive {$DEFINE USEFASTMM4} (in system, core and protocols) I'm not longer able to compile the packages for system and core. For system (IndySystem79.dpk) I get the following error: Need imported data reference ($G) to access "IsMultiThread" from unit FastMM4 For core (IndyCore70.dpk) I get the following error: IdThread.pas (601) Undeclared identitfier: "IndyRegisterExpectedMemoryLeak" I also activated the comp...

delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10
Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7. But I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a error message: Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is also contained in package 'Indy70'. Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versi...

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Delphi 7 & Indy 10
I just installed Indy 10 in D7 all went fine until I attempted to compile and install the Supercore. When compiling IndySuperCore70.dpk got an error in IdFiber.pas Undeclared Identifier IfTrue, lines 227,228 & 352 also IfNotAssigned line 453. Don't think I'll need this package just wanted to pass the info on. Thanks, Don "Don Patrick" <donpatrick@cox.net> wrote in message news:159323@forums.codegear.com... > I just installed Indy 10 in D7 all went fine until I attempted to > compile and install the Supercore. Do not bother with SuperCore. ...

Delphi 7 Indy 10 HTTPS [Edit]
I have an old program I inherited that I'm required to maintain and Delphi is not a language I regularly use. From what I can see, the program uses an http proxy server to monitor pages as they are loaded into a browser control. Depending on the name and/or the content of the pages, the http proxy server does various tasks. All has been good up until now. The client wishes to now use https for their pages and I was wondering how can I get the http proxy server to be able to deal with https pages and keep the client happy. I did try to add an IdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL to the program ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Indy 10 Delphi 7 Server Send Msg on button click.
Ok i have looked a a million examples and blogs, and demo's ect... but no one can tell me why i cant have the server send data to the client on a button click. I can get the client to send data on button click, I can get the server to send data on aServerExecute, and aServerConnect Both of wich are (AContext: TIdContext) where a button is (Sender: TObject), Iam guessing thats why it wont work as i would like, but I still have to belive there is a way? This is what I have soo far for server. type TClientinfo = class(TIdServerContext) public IP: String; ...

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

HOW TO INSTALL Indy 10.5.7 in Delphi 2007 IDe from * Tiburon.zip * distribu
Date 25/05/2010 By Davide Spano e-mail davide.spano@armfield.co.uk ********************************************************************************** HOW TO INSTALL Indy 10.5.7 in Delphi 2007 IDe from * Tiburon.zip * distribution ********************************************************************************** - 0 What version of Indy I have in my IDE? To find out.. Create a new VCL project with a form and drag whatever of the components that are in the IDE Indy tool palette section (TIdTCPClient or other) then right click and select About Internet Dir...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Web resources about - Delphi 7, INDY 10 and FastMM - embarcadero.delphi.tools