Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services courseware manual published

Hi All,

See also http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:4008

125 pages, 34,883 words, and several dozen screenshots make up revision
381 of my Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services manual (see table of
contents at http://www.ebob42.com/training/D2010XMLSOAP.pdf), which will
be available for purchase starting this weekend from my webshop at
http://www.ebob42.com/courseware

Earlier this weekend, the PDF file will be sent free of charge to
everyone who purchased my Delphi 2007 XML, SOAP and Web Services manual
in PDF format directly from me (including support and updates).
Normally, people would only get updates for the manual of the same
edition of Delphi, as well as a cheap upgrade offer for the next
version. But since there was no Delphi 2009 edition of this manual, I
decided to skip the upgrade offer and just send them a free
complimentary upgrade.

The Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services PDF courseware manual
focusses on native Windows techniques only, i.e. Win32 and no .NET.
People who purchase this PDF file for 99 Euro (plus VAT where
applicable) will get a choice of a free accompanying PDF manual. Either
they select the default Delphi 2009 Development Essentials PDF (covering
all new features in Delphi 2009, including Unicode), or they pick the
RAD Studio 2007 XML, SOAP and Web Services PDF, which covers Win32 and
..NET using RAD Studio 2007, or they wait a few weeks for the Delphi
Prism 2010 Development Essentials PDF, which (among others) covers
ASP.NET Web Services.

This offer is valid until the Delphi Prism 2010 Development Essentials
PDF courseware manual is finished (and sold as separate book), which
will be before the end of this month.

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob

Bob Swart wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>See also http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:4008
>
>125 pages, 34,883 words, and several dozen screenshots make up
>revision 381 of my Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services manual (see
>table of contents at
>http://www.ebob42.com/training/D2010XMLSOAP.pdf), which will be
>available for purchase starting this weekend from my webshop at
>http://www.ebob42.com/courseware

I don't know if I am too eager or not but the website reports that the
book is not available...

Cheers,
Nick
0
Nicholas
3/12/2010 7:44:26 PM
Hi Nicholas,

>> See also http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:4008
>>
>> 125 pages, 34,883 words, and several dozen screenshots make up
>> revision 381 of my Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services manual (see
>> table of contents at
>> http://www.ebob42.com/training/D2010XMLSOAP.pdf), which will be
>> available for purchase starting this weekend from my webshop at
>> http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
>
> I don't know if I am too eager or not but the website reports that the
> book is not available...

You have to wait a few more hours for the ordering to open up (I'm
currently collecting all example and exercise code in the archive to
download).

> Cheers,
> Nick

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
3/12/2010 8:32:34 PM
Hi Bob,

Bob Swart wrote:

>>> 125 pages, 34,883 words, and several dozen screenshots make up
>>> revision 381 of my Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services manual
>>>(see  table of contents at
>>> http://www.ebob42.com/training/D2010XMLSOAP.pdf), which will be
>>> available for purchase starting this weekend from my webshop at
>>> http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
>>
>> I don't know if I am too eager or not but the website reports that
>>the  book is not available...
>
>You have to wait a few more hours for the ordering to open up (I'm
>currently collecting all example and exercise code in the archive to
>download).

I guess that what happens when I am GMT+11 - The rest of the world has
to catch up :-)

Cheers,
Nick
0
Nicholas
3/12/2010 8:45:32 PM
Hi Nicholas,

>> You have to wait a few more hours for the ordering to open up (I'm
>> currently collecting all example and exercise code in the archive to
>> download).
>
> I guess that what happens when I am GMT+11 - The rest of the world has
> to catch up :-)

Yes, I apologise... only 2 more hours before it's weekend for me (and
the webshop automatically opens ;-)

Perhaps I should put a "current server date/time" info on the shop ;-)

> Cheers,
> Nick

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
3/12/2010 9:00:36 PM
Hi Bob,

Bob Swart wrote:
>>> You have to wait a few more hours for the ordering to open up
>>>(I'm  currently collecting all example and exercise code in the
>>>archive to  download).

>> I guess that what happens when I am GMT+11 - The rest of the world
>>has  to catch up :-)

>Yes, I apologise... only 2 more hours before it's weekend for me (and
>the webshop automatically opens ;-)

No need to apologise - It is the world we live in. The time difference
comes in handy for last minute specials - While in theory it has
expired (using the local date/time), where the special is, it usually
means that it is just about to finish... :-)

>Perhaps I should put a "current server date/time" info on the shop ;-)

Might be a nice thing. :-)

Cheers,
Nick
0
Nicholas

Consuming a .NET web service in Delphi 2010 using a service reference
Hi, I've been asked to modify one of my existing applications (D2010 Win32) to interact with a web service written under VS2010/.Net 4. The information I have so far is :- "As communication is secured by .NET WsHttpBinding data encrypting, In order to consume it you have to add to your application a Service Reference (not a web reference) that joins the service available at the URL: http://ctm.mobilling.it/SmsComApi/Sms.svc . Assuming that the binding created in your app.confing is named "WSHttpBinding_ISms" you have to instantiate a client as shown below: {c...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

delphi 2009 web service parameter as xml
Hi I'm trying to make a web service function with a xml as parameter. I don't want to make the parameter as a string, instead I want to add the xml schema to the wsdl, so that the client program gets the schema and requests the function with a proper xml. Could somebody help me? On 03.03.2010 20:54, vesa tuominen wrote: > I'm trying to make a web service function with a xml as parameter. I don't want to make the parameter as a string, instead I want to add the xml schema to the wsdl, so that the client program gets the schema and requests the function with a proper xm...

EDOMParseError with Delphi 2010 to Java Web Service
Hi !!. I am working in Delphi 2010 making a call to a third party web service using HTTPRIO, and ran into a problem. It seems that web service response to the call, because I can see the SOAPrequest and SOAPresponse using beforeexecute and afterexecute events of HTTPRIO component. These are: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><SOAP-ENV:Body><queryUsers xmlns="u...

Delphi Soap Web Services with xsd shema
Hi Everybody, First Of All sorry about my bad English :D and Thanks for your help... I have to write a delphi web servis with xsd shema and the wsdl similar to wsdl at the bottom. Is it possible with delphi. I have to write a servis according to the existing web service client, the wsdl at the bottom belongs to an php web service with nusoap librarry. I seem to hear you write this web service with php nusoap, but as you know that delphi web service can be standalone exe and I need it's ability for our product. I can write this web servis with php no problem, but if it is pos...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 with Apache 2.2 web services
We have a service create with Delphi 7, which run with a client developed with Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010, but when we use a service create with Delphi 2010, the service reply an error "ERemotableException with message ' '.", with a Client Delphi 2010, and "xml document must have a top level element" with Delphi 7. We use Apache 2.2, and we have problems, but when we use IIS7, it's OK. _ | Client Delphi 7 | Client Delphi 2010 _ _Service Delphi 7 | Ok | Ok ...

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

Where is the url of the WSDL xml specification in a Delphi 7 web service?
I believe this is a very simple question, but I didn't find an answer. I'm trying to access a webservice using SoapUI. The webservice is developed in Delphi 7. I can access it with the url http://server/my.dll/soap/IDataMod. A html representation of the WSDL file can be accessed with a web browser in the url http://server/my.dll/wsdl/IDataMod But I can't find the url of the WSDL *xml file*. I need it to create clients in other languages. The wsdl/IDataMod page is a html file. Where can I get the real thing? I've tried the following urls: http://server/my.dll/wsdl?in...

passing encrypted data in the SOAP headers from Delphi to an ASP.Net web service
Hi All, I was able to get some help with this in another group but no final answer. I've created an ASP.Net web service to provide shared capability to a number of our applications -- both Delphi client/server and ASP.Net web apps. We want to be able to restrict this web service to just our own applications and protect it from anyone who might "discover" it and try and use it. I've created a custom SOAP header which works just fine. I can use the web service from a Delphi app with no trouble. The problem is that I'd like to encrypt one of the attribute...

Delphi 2006 XML Validation w/ XSD Schemas by Consuming ASMX Web Service
Utilizing Delphi 2006, is there a straight forward method of validating a CCD and/or CCR xml with a corresponding schema? Here are some samples which work at http://xreg2.nist.gov/cda-validation/mu.html: - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/NoInfoNoErrors.xml - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/SomeContentNoErrors.xml - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/LotsofContentNoErrors.xml Here is a sample with four errors: - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/4errors.xml I am unable to achieve the same results however attempting to perform validatio...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services courseware manual published - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Next Generation Courseware Challenge - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Next Generation Courseware Challenge from TechWorld

KEWL: Google introduces hiring and entrepreneurship courseware for veterans and military spouses
Well, this is a worthy cause made all the more timely because of the devastating cuts to defense spending orchestrated by President Obama. ...we’ve ...

Merit Network Announces Collaborative Partnership with Mile2 for Michigan Cyber Range Courseware
Merit Network Announces Collaborative Partnership with Mile2 for Michigan Cyber Range Courseware PR Newswire ANN ARBOR, Mich., Jan. 31, 2013 ...

An Open Courseware Series of Textbooks for Design
A screenshot of the Interaction Design Foundation site A solid design education is an excellent investment, but as more and more educational ...

Why Online Courseware Can't Replace A 4-Year Degree
Guest post written by Andrew Grauer Andrew Grauer is CEO of Course Hero, a provider of online study guides. Andrew Grauer Online education is ...

Lumen Learning raises $2.5M to help college students save money with open courseware
Lumen Learning, a Portland-based startup that offers college students access to open courseware, today announced that it raised a $2.5 million ...

Retired Courseware - Microsoft
Find Microsoft Official Courseware and training materials that have retired or will soon be retired.

Higher Education Reimagined With Online Courseware - Education Life - NYTimes.com
Putting free courseware online was a first step in reimagining education. What now? Wiki U’s, smart courses and, maybe, learning.

Courseware for Security Noobs
If you are looking for a basic but solid course on how to teach your entire staff the essentials of good email security and how to avoid common ...

Washington State Guarantees Cheap And Open Courses & Courseware For Students
We've discussed a bunch of times how the lack of market forces in the textbook market has allowed publishers to jack up the prices massively. ...