Delphi 2010 report tools [Edit]

Hello,
I’m looking for Delphi 2010 simple report tools with small bytes “other than quickreport and RTF report’ FREEWARE or very cheap (less than $50.00) tools
Please advice
Thanks in advance

Edited by: Adam Allen on Jun 30, 2010 5:39 AM
0
Adam

Dear Adam Allen!

Did you read this
http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/2010/06/smells-like-team-spirit-nevrona-rave.html
?

I do not agree with something (about FastReport :) ) but - very interesting.

About your question...

Starting price of FastReport is more than $50 - $79 per Basic Edition.

FreeReport - you can add support of D2010. It is free with full sources.

Or you can see something else...

"Adam Allen" wrote: news:256233@forums.embarcadero.com...

--
Best regards,
 Michael Philippenko    mailto:michael@fast-report.com

Although it may be out of your desired price range, I highly suggest taking
a look at ReportBuilder for Delphi 2010.  A free trial edition can be
downloaded from the following website.

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/download/

We also provide very active support newsgroups and email to all potential
and current RB users so feel free to ask any questions should you choose
this direction.

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/support/

--
Regards,

Nico Cizik
Digital Metaphors

"Adam Allen" wrote in message news:256233@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Hello,
> I’m looking for Delphi 2010 simple report tools with small bytes “other
> than quickreport and RTF report’ FREEWARE or very cheap (less than $50.00)
> tools
> Please advice
> Thanks in advance
>
> Edited by: Adam Allen on Jun 30, 2010 5:39 AM
0
Nico
6/30/2010 2:00:13 PM
If the report is simple enough and you really want to go cheap, try just
using the TPrinter object built in to Delphi!

--
David Cornelius
Cornelius Concepts

On 6/30/2010 5:40 AM, Adam Allen wrote:
> Hello,
> I’m looking for Delphi 2010 simple report tools with small bytes “other than quickreport and RTF report’ FREEWARE or very cheap (less than $50.00) tools
> Please advice
> Thanks in advance
>
> Edited by: Adam Allen on Jun 30, 2010 5:39 AM
0
David
6/30/2010 2:36:40 PM
Adam Allen wrote:

> Hello,
> I’m looking for Delphi 2010 simple report tools with small bytes “other than
> quickreport and RTF report’ FREEWARE or very cheap (less than $50.00) tools
> Please advice Thanks in advance
>
> Edited by: Adam Allen on Jun 30, 2010 5:39 AM

take a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/reportman/ never used it me self
(yet).
0
jo
6/30/2010 3:24:10 PM
Or have a browse round Torry.net

Roy Lambert
0
Roy
6/30/2010 4:17:40 PM
In our Synopse SQLite3 framework there is a very easy Open Source reporting system.
And it's not expensive, because it's free - licensed under a MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-license.

You create your report from code, then you can preview it on the screen.
You can then print or export the report as PDF.
Drawing uses GDI+ so it's smooth and antialiaised (even if you put some .emf or TMetaFile on the report).

I've put some source code on our forum:
http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=41

I've also written a sample application (exe and full source code provided).

Hope it'll be useful.
0
Arnaud
6/30/2010 5:12:09 PM
> If the report is simple enough and you really want to go cheap, try just
> using the TPrinter object built in to Delphi!

David:

I just tried to send you an e-mail a few minutes ago and it bounced--would
you call me or send me your phone number. A couple quick quesitons.

Ed Dressel
0
Ed
6/30/2010 5:39:29 PM
Adam Allen wrote:

> Hello,
> I’m looking for Delphi 2010 simple report tools with small bytes
> “other than quickreport and RTF report’ FREEWARE or very cheap (less
> than $50.00) tools Please advice Thanks in advance

For simple requirements you can just generate HTML files and display
and print them using Internet Explorer or whatever browser the user may
use. Delphi has some classes that make this fairly easy: TPageProducer,
TDatasetPageProducer, and a number of others. You provide a HTML
template with replacement tags as a skeleton for your report, and the
producer will isolate the tags and replace them with data that can come
from diverse sources.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

--
David Cornelius
Cornelius Concepts

On 6/30/2010 10:39 AM, Ed Dressel wrote:
>> If the report is simple enough and you really want to go cheap, try just
>> using the TPrinter object built in to Delphi!
>

> David:
>
> I just tried to send you an e-mail a few minutes ago and it bounced--would
> you call me or send me your phone number. A couple quick quesitons.
>
> Ed Dressel
0
David
7/1/2010 12:39:41 AM
In article <256258@forums.embarcadero.com>, David Cornelius wrote:
> If the report is simple enough and you really want to go cheap, try just
> using the TPrinter object built in to Delphi!

Also from the DIY bargain basement, make a quick and easy tabular report by
spitting out the output as a basic HTML table

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram Software Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
'Software to build on'  http://www.greentram.com

Thinking the same way. More and more I just create the output
in HTML. If you think about it, HTML is made for this.
Just use tables, colors and all the available formatting possibilities.
When your HTML is created then show it in a (T)Webbrowser.
Also the printer settings and formatting (scaling !) is OK in
the webbrowser.

Greets.
0
Robert
7/1/2010 8:53:34 AM
Peter Below wrote:

> For simple requirements you can just generate HTML files and display
> and print them using Internet Explorer or whatever browser the user
> may use.

Few years ago I wanted to use HTML as primary "reporting engine" but
had to give up as none of the browsers were able to correctly print big
tables. Especially when the width of the table exceeded the width of
the paper.
At the time also some (or was it all of them?) browsers didn't support
the feature where cell content is aligned by a given char, which is
useful to align floating point numbers by decimal separator...

Perhaps things have improved since then.

ain
0
Ain
7/1/2010 10:01:59 AM
> {quote:title=Ain Valtin wrote:}{quote}
> Few years ago I wanted to use HTML as primary "reporting engine" but
> had to give up as none of the browsers were able to correctly print big
> tables. Especially when the width of the table exceeded the width of
> the paper.

That's exactly why we used our own reporting feature: faster to create, direct export as PDF or XLS or TXT files, uses less computer resource on screen, tree print preview, can integrate to your application User Interface (buttons, etc....)...
We also used to produce HTML reports in some of our previous creations, using the PBear THTMLView component for displaying.

Another possibility about reporting is to produce Word documents, by creating RTF content. That's what we use for our open source SynProject documentation tool - see http://synopse.info/forum/viewforum.php?id=16 in which you could see some units dedicated to RTF producing (including tables and code formating).
What's fine with producing Word documents is that they can be customized by every user, just after creation. In some cases, it's very useful and natural for the main database program to create a word document, then customize it for any purpose (like adding one comment or changing the adress) just before printing. And you can save it in order to archive it.
0
Arnaud

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

How to fix the position of the component tool bar in Delphi 2010 ? [Edit]
Hello, How is it possible to fix the position of the component tool bar in Delphi 2010 ? Each time that I start Delphi 2010, the component tool bar is located on the right side of the menu + icons bar. So, I need to move it below the icons bar in order to see all the components of each page. I stored the IDE GUI configuration but the position of the component tool bar is not stored. Is there a key in the registery to store this position? Didier Edited by: Didier LOZAC'H on Oct 28, 2009 2:21 AM On 10/28/2009 2:22 AM, Didier LOZAC'H wrote: > Each time that I start...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Amazone tool Delphi ex3 [Edit]
I have a 2 issues regarding DelphiEX3 /Amazone and the data cloud component.. 1) In python I can do this to get a url for viewing a file on amazone *** from boto.s3.connection import S3Connection s3 = S3Connection('amazone__key', 'amazone_signature', is_secure=False) url = s3.generate_url(60, 'GET', bucket='mybucket', key='folder/bilde.jpg', force_http=True) print url; ** result http://mybucket.s3.amazonaws.com/folder/bilde.jpg?Signature=w9n4eII%2FBru8qDdjhibn6UKLKUo%3D&Expires=1359215293&AWSAccessKeyId=amazone__key Is it possi...

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

Best tool to generate reports in Delphi XE
I'm fairly new to Delphi and Rave reports. I have extensive experience creating reports with MS Access. Is Rave the best tool to use or would others be better? Which reporting tool do you guys like best? Thanks TD Thomas Lee wrote: > I'm fairly new to Delphi and Rave reports. I have extensive > experience creating reports with MS Access. Is Rave the best tool to > use No! > or would others be better? Which reporting tool do you guys like > best? I like FastReport, I had used several others before. ReportBuilder is very good too, but cannot ...

I found a Delphi tool while rummaging around [Edit]
While upgrading the computer serving up my website the other day I rummaged through some of its folders and happened upon a forgotten project. I thought the project might be of interest to some of you so I'll share what it does. If there's any interest I'll pull it's code together and put it online so you can make use it it in Delphi or your own applications. http://www.codebot.org/delphi/?doc=9579 but no information about what the tool is in the original post? > {quote:title=Ed Dressel wrote:}{quote} > but no information about what the tool is in the original pos...

Problem with the Delphi 2009 Translation Tool [Edit]
I am new to the Delphi 2009 translation tool. In order to familiarize with the Translation Tool I found the tutorial *"ITE and ITM Tutorial for Delphi 2005* (+http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/32974+) and used the proposed step by step approach to localize the example (from english to french): success! I tried the same procedure on another simple project: success again. Given these successes, I tried to apply the same procedure to a more complex project written originally in french (FRC) coded originally with D6 and ported to D2009 w/o any problem. It is a program that uses 8 forms, t...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

what is the best reporting tool (delphi xe)that caputure this features?
rave is powerfull reporting tool b\c it code-based reporting tool, but does it capture this features - can i handle OnPreviewlClick event? - can i display Sub report according to my OnPreviewclick event? if not , what is the best reporting tool that can i use, or it is best to use string grid or any advance grid for preview and report tool for printing, i need somthing like one in quick books pos software(it is done in delphi), how can i do this, any idea? thanks. Rave code-based will certainly allow you full control of previewing and preview events, including creating your own pr...