delphi 2010 database

Hello,
I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all works good for me.
But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010)
I found many databases for Delphi,
I prefer free or less than $100.00

Falah

On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said:

> Hello,
> I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and
> all works good for me.
> But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010)
> I found many databases for Delphi,
> I prefer free or less than $100.00

Firebird is free. Can be client/server or embedded.  Stable, with
active development for many years.

http://firebirdsql.org

--
Kevin Powick
0
> {quote:title=Falah Latino wrote:}{quote}
> But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010)

Take a look at our free Open source ORM, based on SQLite.
Your exe will still be very small, you could deploy it without any installation, and even move the exe+DB file from one folder to any, without any problem.

But you'll have to find out about object coding (classes, inheritance, etc...), because our ORM is not RAD based. You don't program with components and the IDE property editor, but with plain code. Perhaps a bit more abstract, but it's worth trying!

http://synopse.info/forum/viewforum.php?id=2

There are plenty of other DB system around. Some are free!
Take a tour to http://torry.net
0
Arnaud
11/29/2010 11:00:11 AM
Kevin Powick wrote:

> On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said:
>
> > Hello,
> > I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access
> > and all works good for me.
> > But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for
> > Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi,
> > I prefer free or less than $100.00
>
> Firebird is free. Can be client/server or embedded.  Stable, with
> active development for many years.
>
> http://firebirdsql.org

+1 for Firebird.

--
Regards,
-Steve Faleiro-

;-)

On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said:

> Hello,
> I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and
> all works good for me.
> But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi
> 2010)
> I found many databases for Delphi,
> I prefer free or less than $100.00

Firebird is free. Can be client/server or embedded.  Stable, with
active development for many years.

http://firebirdsql.org

--
Kevin Powick
0
Claudio
11/29/2010 1:41:55 PM
>Firebird is free. Can be client/server or embedded.  Stable, with
>active development for many years.

Are there good free Delphi components?
0
Paul

http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
Nick Hodges wrote:

> > Are there good free Delphi components?
>
> http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/

Hi Nick,

I think Paul means about good free Delphi component to access Firebird
database, is JVCL delivering firebird components?

Regards,

Cesar Romero
0
Cesar
11/29/2010 7:56:01 PM
On 11/29/2010 12:52 PM, Paul Doland wrote:
>> Firebird is free. Can be client/server or embedded.  Stable, with
>> active development for many years.
>
> Are there good free Delphi components?

UIB from http://www.progdigy.com/ is free.  I used it for years in a
production environment with great success.
0
Dave
11/29/2010 9:03:06 PM
Cesar Romero wrote:

> I think Paul means about good free Delphi component to access Firebird
> database, is JVCL delivering firebird components?

Ahh, I'm sure he does.  Sorry for any confusion....

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
11/29/2010 9:35:05 PM
Cesar Romero wrote:
> I think Paul means about good free Delphi component to access Firebird
> database, is JVCL delivering firebird components?

If anyone is aware of any that aren't listed here:

http://delphibag.com/list.html

(there is a search gizmo on the page to filter to one DBMS)

.... then please drop me a line.

--
Kyle Cordes
http://kylecordes.com/
Falah Latino wrote:

> Hello,
> I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all
> works good for me.  But I need more reliable without DLL or other
> dependencies (for Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi,
> I prefer free or less than $100.00

Our NexusDB might fit the bill pretty well. There's a free embedded DCU only
version, or if you prefer the source you can get it for a reasonable price.
Upscaling to full client/server is easy as well.

--

Hannes Danzl / NexusDB

Manuals - http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index.php?q=nexusdb_manual_v3.htm
Issue Tracker - http://www.nexusdb.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php
Newsgroup Web Gateway - http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/
Newsgroup Search - http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/search.php
0
Hannes
11/30/2010 12:15:26 AM
Hannes Danzl wrote:

> Falah Latino wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all
> > works good for me.  But I need more reliable without DLL or other
> > dependencies (for Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi,
> > I prefer free or less than $100.00
>
> Our NexusDB might fit the bill pretty well. There's a free embedded DCU only
> version, or if you prefer the source you can get it for a reasonable price.
> Upscaling to full client/server is easy as well.

And just to make it clear, NexusDB is REALLY embedded (iow compiled) into your
executable, no DLLs or similar necessary.

--

Hannes Danzl / NexusDB

Manuals - http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index.php?q=nexusdb_manual_v3.htm
Issue Tracker - http://www.nexusdb.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php
Newsgroup Web Gateway - http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/
Newsgroup Search - http://www.nexusdb.com/forums/search.php
0
Hannes
11/30/2010 12:16:35 AM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:56:01 -0800, Cesar Romero <cesarliws@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I think Paul means about good free Delphi component to access Firebird
>database, is JVCL delivering firebird components?

Yes, that is what I meant.  I'm certainly aware of JVCL, and many
others, like the Turbopower stuff, though I personally have retired
using most of that.

What I have personally used for accessing Firebird is SQL Direct.  I
have no idea how it compares to other products as far as Firebird
access goes. But, I bought the product for accessing other databases,
and since it had Firebird support, I used it.
0
Paul
11/30/2010 5:15:21 PM
Hannes,

| And just to make it clear, NexusDB is REALLY embedded (iow compiled)
| into your executable, no DLLs or similar necessary.

A feature which I applaud almost daily!!!!!!!

Please don't EVERY change it!

11/30/2010 11:20:26

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin

Web resources about - delphi 2010 database - embarcadero.delphi.tools

A look ahead at the state of the database in 2016
... identity management, anti-phishing education, and so forth. Ultimately, hackers want access to the contents of an enterprise's database. Security ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...