Delphi 2009/2010 Port of ComboBox Plus

I have an old project using the free ComboBox Plus (AKA Combo Plus or
ComboBoxPlus) component available from http://www.o2a.com/cbplus.htm.  It
supports a multi-column dropdown, an unbound mode, and incremental search.
I'm leaning toward replacing it with another more modern component, since it
hasn't been updated/maintained for several years.  I might keep it in this
project for the moment if someone knows of a port to Delphi 2009/2010.  Has
anyone seen or done such a port?  I tried to do a quick port myself and got
it compiling, but it does custom memory management and has lots of pointer
aritmetic on PChars which all changed to unicode in Delphi 2009+, so the code
got messy very quick.

Erik
0
Erik

> {quote:title=Erik Berry wrote:}{quote}
> I have an old project using the free ComboBox Plus (AKA Combo Plus or
> ComboBoxPlus) component available from http://www.o2a.com/cbplus.htm.  It
> supports a multi-column dropdown, an unbound mode, and incremental search.
> I'm leaning toward replacing it with another more modern component, since it
> hasn't been updated/maintained for several years.  I might keep it in this
> project for the moment if someone knows of a port to Delphi 2009/2010.  Has
> anyone seen or done such a port?  I tried to do a quick port myself and got
> it compiling, but it does custom memory management and has lots of pointer
> aritmetic on PChars which all changed to unicode in Delphi 2009+, so the code
> got messy very quick.
>
> Erik

Hi Erik,

Check the binaries you will see the updated sources. This should works on D2009+

BR
0
Stephane
11/29/2009 1:24:34 PM
On 11/29/2009 7:24 AM, Stephane Wierzbicki wrote:
> Check the binaries you will see the updated sources. This should works on D2009+

Thanks for your assistance, but it appears that the attachment is missing
from the message.

Erik
0
Erik
11/29/2009 7:49:15 PM
> {quote:title=Erik Berry wrote:}{quote}
> Thanks for your assistance, but it appears that the attachment is missing
> from the message.

Sh.t ....
I've updared my post. You should see the attachment now.
0
Stephane
12/1/2009 6:40:23 AM
> {quote:title=Stephane Wierzbicki wrote:}{quote}
> Check the binaries you will see the updated sources. This should works on D2009+

Thanks for posting this.  Did you port the DBComboBoxPlus & ComboBoxPlus or just the lookup combo in your .rar file?
The combo and DB combo are here: http://www.o2a.com/downloads/cb_src.zip
Sadly, those two components are a bit more complex.

Erik
0
Erik

Delphi 2009/2010 Port of ComboBox Plus for Erik B. [Edit]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_2d87b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Unrar and test :) Edited by: Stephane Wierzbicki on Dec 1, 2009 7:32 AM Looks like I forgot ta attach the archive ;) --JivePart=_2d87b.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="ComboPlus.rar" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="ComboPlus.rar" UmFyIRoHAM+QcwAADQAAAAAAAA...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; TTextOffset = record Left, Top : Integer; Angle : Double; bAbsolute, Outline : Boolean; end; TMyObject = class( TGraphicControl ) private FThreshold:TThreshold; FTextOffset:TTextOffset; procedure ReadTextOffset(Reader: TReader); procedure ReadThreshold(Reader: TReader); procedure WriteTextOffset(Writer: TWriter); procedure WriteThreshold(Writer: TWriter); { Private declarations } protected procedure DefineProperties(Filer: TFiler); override; published property Threshold:TThreshold read FThreshold write FThreshold; property TextOffset:TTextOffset read FTextOffset write FTextOffset; end; TForm1 = class(TForm) Button1: TButton; Button2: TButton; procedure Button1Click(Sender: TObject); procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject); procedure Button2Click(Send...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Is it worth to move my code from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010?
Hi guys, we are working on Delphi 2009 till this day because we do not have the time to upgrade our code to the newest version. There is always something more important (features, bugs...) and our code has 2+ million lines. I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast move code to D2010 because it is more or less backward compatible and it shouldn't take me that much of a work. I wanted to ask you about your opinion. Is it a good version to move to? Regards. Dimitrij wrote: > I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast > move ...

Delphi 2009 (and probably Delphi 2010 as well) and QTP
We have a suite of automatic tests written in QTP (Quick Test Pro - an HP product), and we have just upgraded to Delphi 2009 (I know we are late adopters), and all of these tests no longer work. The plugin that QTP have released does not work with Delphi 2009 - we have that in writing now from HP. Do you know of (a) anyone else in the same boat as us (b) anyone have a work around, as I can't see one and HP don't seem to be too proactive about this. Any help would be appreciated. I just installed D2010. We started using QTP several months ago so I assume we will have the same issu...

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Guide to port applications from Delphi 6 to 2009-2010
is there a guide to know what has to be change in order to get the old application run in D2009 Gilbert Padilla wrote: > is there a guide to know what has to be change in order to get the > old application run in D2009 Gilbert --- THe biggest change will be the handling of strings. The default string is now a Unicode string. But fear not, the transition is probably a lot easier than you think. For Unicode issues specifically, you can start here: http://blogs.embarcadero.com/nickhodges/2008/11/20/39149 and we have a web page specifically dedicated to folks like ...

Nice, Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7.
Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included with your order confirmation email and in the product readme." Very nice bonus! Brian > {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote} > Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the > prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. > > "Delphi XE includes free acce...

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3