Database Workbench, where can I set a Database Restricted so only aliases can use the database?

Hello.

Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias.
Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench.

:)
Kai Inge
0
Kai

> Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias.
> Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench.

This is a setting of your Firebird server installation. Check out the
DatabaseAccess configuration parameter in firebird.conf.

Set it to:

DatabaseAccess = None

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.
0
Thomas

Can database mirroring be used on databases involved in replication?
We're using SQL Remote with one large consolidated ASA 9.0.1.1751 database and two remote ASA9.0.2 databases. If the client migrates to SA10, can database mirroring be used on the cosolidated? Can it be used at the remote sites as well? Maybe I've missed some of the documentation,so even if you can point me to some, that would be helpful. Thanks. Margaret In the absence of a truly knowledgeable reply, I will take some WAGs... The Help seems to be mysteriously silent on the issue... I'm guessing that it should have no effect as long as dbremote can successfull...

I can't creating database when i using Creat database.
I get a fail meg. like SQL error (-143)- column '@database_version' not found. Yes i think the problem can be at i have installed an ebf.......... but is it ? regards christian I had the same problem. I accidentally had 6.02 and 5.xx on my machine. My system path was finding the 5.xx libraries first, but I was running Create Database from 6.02 Sybase Central. Once I deleted the 5.xx directory and cleaned up my path the problem went away. Hope that helps. Christian Jonasson <christian.jonasson@brightid.se> wrote in message news:Necypc6S$GA.98@forums.sybase....

using access, cannot update the database, just can show the data from database
i confirmed that the database file is closed, i tried to add a statement conn.Close() before conn.Open(), but i get the same error, waht's wrong with my program..... please help!!  Server Error in '/book' Application. 無法使用 '' ; 檔案已在使用中。 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: 無法使用 '' ; 檔案已在使用中。Source Error: Line 58: str2 = "Provider=Microsof...

Can the database release the database space?
I created a local database use Sql Anywhere Server. I want to get your help about if the local database will release the database space when I delete the data from database??? Hi, the space are released after the commit of the delete. Cheers, Hartmut Branz Sybase Product Support Engineering Adaptive Server Anywhere swing wrote: > I created a local database use Sql Anywhere Server. > > I want to get your help about if the local database will release the > database space when I delete the data from database??? How does this fit with the followin...

Can I backup Bugzilla database while people are still using Bugzilla ? Will MySQL database crash ?
Hi, =20 Just a quick question about Bugzilla database. If I want to back up the MySQL database for Bugzilla, can I run the mysql dump command while our company is still using Bugzilla. I know the data will not be most updated if someone files/edits a new bug or something, but I am just wondering if it will crash Bugzilla (or MySQL database) when backing up the database while people are still accessing/modifying it. Thank you so much.=20 =20 =20 =20 =20 Thanks, Kevin Tong <http://www.bluejungle.com> =20 =20 ...

Netware server license for 5 - database license for 50
Tim Since you don't have to be logged into the NetWare box that runs the database your 50 user database license would apply. You will only use the 5 server connections if the users authenticate to the box for any reason. Hope this helps David K. "Tim Nesham" <timnesham@msn.com> wrote in message news:HYDhrKxNBHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > > > Thanks. "David K." <me@you.com> wrote in message news:YMilhZxNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Tim > > Since you don't have to be logged into the NetWare box...

Can I change database owner of master database
Hi, I have a user who want to retrieve data from a database A using sa login ( sa login is hard coded in the program). I don't want him to have sa privilege, so I remove all the roles of sa, and add dbo alias to database A for the login sa. Isn't it work? Is sa hard coded in SYBASE binary? How can I change dbo of master database from sa login to non-sa login? Thanks Sorry, you can't change master owner even if you want to. Force the user to change the program if at all possible. And while you're at it, locate the designer/programmer and give him a kick ...

How can I update a SQL database with an Access database
I need to update an SQL database with an access database that is built on queries.  I need to do this nightly.   Can someone explain how to write the query for this and then I could add it to my nightly maintenance.   Thank you DeeDarlene D. Murphydeemurphy_us@yahoo.com you can reference your Sql Database through Access either with linked tables or ADO.  As long as you have update rights on the Sql Tables, you can use your Access queries to update the Sql tables.Good Luck and happy programming!Let's build community! If my post helped you, mark it as the Answ...

Warning: The database 'ABC' is using an unsafe virtual device 'DEVICE_1'. The recovery of this database can not be guaranteed.
I'm getting this message when I extend my database onto a new device. Warning: The database 'ABC' is using an unsafe virtual device 'DEVICE_1'. The recovery of this database can not be guaranteed. The Troubleshooting write-up says "This is an informational message. Unless otherwise specified, no action is required. Contact your System Administrator about any warning issued in the message." Sounds more serious than 'informational' to me. We're running ASE15.0.2 ESD #2 on AIX 5.3. We have all our user devices setup as "dsync" O...

No Site Administration Tool Using GoDaddy? Can't Connect To Database Using Explorer? Other Newbie Questions.
I've tried everything to connect to my SQL database on GoDaddy using Visual Web Developer, but no luck...put the connection string the have on their website.  No dice.  I searched and searched these forums and did what others have tried...no luck.  Therefore, I thought I would ask the experts here:   1.) Can I connect to my database on Godaddy using VWD? If so, how?  Here's the generic info I put in my webconfig (using my server, database name, login, password, of course): <<connectionStrings><add name="Personal" connectionString="Server=whsql-v04.prod...

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

Can connect to Database, but how do I insert values into SQL Database?
I was able to connect to the SQL Database Pension with table clients with table values: ID, State, Name.'Create(connection)Dim conn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString)'open connectionconn.Open()However, I'm not sure how to insert a new row with an incremental ID number and a new State and Name.Sorry, I'm really new with VWD. You need to read about ADO.NET before you do anything. Google it.ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

Can i import backup database into another database server.
 I have a backup of sqlserver  2000 data base . Now presently i am working on sqlserver 2005. Is there any facility to IMPORT entire 2000 database intosqlserver 2005.Please help me if there is any chance.  Thanks in advance.   Hi, You should be able to do this without much difficulty.  I've completed a migration of a couple databases in the past.You can get a quick idea of what potential problems you'll have by using the Upgrade Advisor on the SQL 2000 database.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1470E86B-7E05-4322-A677-95AB44...

Where can i find samples database for SQL server database ?
I have heared for Northwind database in SQL server .Please tell me where can i find Northwind,and also other examples of SQL server databases. <Pero perov> wrote >I have heared for Northwind database in SQL server Depends on what version of SQL Server you're using. here's the SQLServer 2000 download http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=06616212-0356-46A0-8DA2-EEBC53A68034&displaylang=en otherwise google or search msdn bobD Pero perov wrote: > I have heared for Northwind database in SQL server .Please tell me where can i find Northw...

Web resources about - Database Workbench, where can I set a Database Restricted so only aliases can use the database? - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Restricted Data - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The concept was initially introduced, with similar wording, in the Atomic Energy Act of 1946 . The fact that its legal definition includes "all ...

Mike Schroepfer, David Ebersman Exercise Facebook Restricted Stock Units
Facebook Chief Technology Officer Mike Schroepfer and Chief Financial Officer David Ebersman disclosed their Facebook stock transactions in Form ...

Facebook to Let Employees Sell Restricted Stock at $4B Valuation
Eric Eldon at VentureBeat is reporting this morning that Facebook has implemented a new policy regarding employees’ sale of restricted company ...

ibVPN - Unlimited VPN. The best way to unblock restricted media sites. Better than proxy. on the App ...
Get ibVPN - Unlimited VPN. The best way to unblock restricted media sites. Better than proxy. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

refractionless (restricted)'s favorite photos and videos - Flickr
Explore refractionless (restricted)'s favorites on Flickr. refractionless (restricted) has 72 favorites.

Ted - Guessing the 'White trash' girls name Tami-Lynn (Restricted) - YouTube
http://tedisreal.com Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane brings his boundary-pushing brand of humor to the big screen for the first time as writer, ...

Liam Miller restricted at Brisbane Roar training
... Miller will play in Sunday's A-League grand final against Western Sydney at Suncorp Stadium despite the injured Irish midfielder being restricted ...

Man arrested after taking photos in G20 restricted area
Queensland police have made their first G20-related arrest, with a 57-year-old man charged after taking photos at the Brisbane Convention and ...

Travellers from Ebola countries restricted to five US airports
Passengers flying to the US from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea will have to arrive in one of five designated airports for additional screening. ...

Parliament ministerial wing security increased, passes to the house restricted
Security has been increased in the ministerial wing of Parliament House.