Combining PDF files into one very large pdf file

Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files
into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then
the current memory available for the computer.

Thanks
Ed Dressel
0
Ed

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:29:47 -0700, Ed Dressel <none@tbinc.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files
>into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then
>the current memory available for the computer.
>
>Thanks
>Ed Dressel
Ed,

I would check out www.adultpdf.com    Strange name for a site - but
they have some nice tools - and more important some SDKs that work
well with PDFs - splitting and joing

Not sure if it will be the final solution for you - but a place to
start

G. Bradley MacDonald
0
Bradley
4/2/2009 4:42:18 PM
There are quite a few components out there that will do this. BUT, I have searched for some code that would allow a merge of pdf pages/documents and it seems to be top secret!

I have tried to wrap my head around an uncompressed pdf file for some time but have not figured it out yet. But one must first uncompress the pdf using ZLib and then find the page breaks or end of data or streams in that file, then merge the two suing streams and recompress.

Anyway, food for thought for someone, maybe, to figure out a code snippet.

John

> {quote:title=Ed Dressel wrote:}{quote}
> Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files
> into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then
> the current memory available for the computer.
>
> Thanks
> Ed Dressel
0
John
4/2/2009 5:57:54 PM
Bradley MacDonald wrote:

> I would check out www.adultpdf.com
> they have some nice tools

uhhh... ok.

--
Kevin Powick
0
John Jarrett wrote:
> Anyway, food for thought for someone, maybe, to figure out a code snippet.

I would suggest that anything to do with manipulating PDFs is well beyond a code snippet.
I think my PDF page counting code (http://angusj.com/delphitips/pdfpagecount.php) demonstrates just
how complex this file format is.
0
Angus
4/2/2009 9:33:18 PM
> {quote:title=Angus Johnson wrote:}{quote}
> John Jarrett wrote:
> > Anyway, food for thought for someone, maybe, to figure out a code snippet.
>
> I would suggest that anything to do with manipulating PDFs is well beyond a code snippet.
> I think my PDF page counting code (http://angusj.com/delphitips/pdfpagecount.php) demonstrates just
> how complex this file format is.

MANKIND!!! I was speaking with tongue in cheek on a 'code snippet' knowing darn well that would not be true, but 1000 lines to just count pages in a pdf document!

Well... no wonder why I never got my head around it!!!!

John
0
John
4/2/2009 9:53:59 PM
Hi Ed,

http://www.gnostice.com/PDFtoolkit_VCL.asp

I believe the new PDFtoolkit v3.0 will do the job for you very well. We have
tested with quite large files (size several 10's of megs) and a large number
of files (5000+) together and PDFtoolkit can handle that comfortably. There
are ready-made demos in the trial download. Please do check them out. The
Pro version and the ProPlus version have the Merge capability.

Let us know if you need assistance.

Thanks,

--
Girish Patil
Gnostice Information Technologies

"Ed Dressel" <none@tbinc.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files
> into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger
> then the current memory available for the computer.
>
> Thanks
> Ed Dressel
0
Girish
4/3/2009 6:10:59 AM
> {quote:title=Ed Dressel wrote:}{quote}
> Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files
> into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then
> the current memory available for the computer.
>
> Thanks
> Ed Dressel

Here's a command line tool that I've used which should do the job:
http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/

Glenn
0
Glenn

Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net
In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue boxI have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)All Files (*.*)Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?Thanks in advanceAnsar I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this....

PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file
Name: Dale Product: Shiretoko Summary: PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file Comments: I was loading this site's pdf file: http://www.mead-usa.com/reference/instructions/Air_Presses.pdf and I received a window saying that there was a File I/O Error, but the page was trying to load anyway. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

dw.saveAs (PDF) generates a PS file instead of PDF file
Guru(s), I have PowerBuilder 10.5 build 5048 and GhostScript 8.57. In simple words, I am trying to print DW into a PDF using SaveAs ("file name", PDF!) The PDF file is generated, but I can not open with Acrobat or any other PDF viewers. But I can open it fine with a PostScript Viwer like GSView. It looks like a PS file more than a PDF file. What am I missing? Do I need to convert this PS into PDF by calling a GhostScript script? Appreciate you help, Div FYI, The header of the file looks like ------------------------------------------------------- %!PS-A...

Convert Gridview Data in to PDf file. or Convert report data in pdf file
 Hi have problem to convert Gridview data into PDF file..let me know is there any solution or open source components..Regards Rambhopal Reddy EPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark asAnswer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Friend, Check this thread for soultions http://forums.asp.net/t/1164793.aspx and then to http://www.aspnetworld.com/articles/2004011801.aspx   Good luck!     Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be benef...

In the pdf generated file ,on the email click the file is attached with extension .apsx instead of .pdf
I have used the following line of code to embed the pdf file into browser.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" + reportName + Session.SessionID + ".pdf"); I am getting th epdf file generated into browser perfectly.But when i click the EMAIL option i found the file is attached with .aspx extension instead of .pdf.So do suggest some ideas or solution. Hi ,I also need to generated pdf file in browsers.I tried with your line of code (  Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" + reportName + Ses...

How to create a pdf file in asp.net with c# as one of the output file?
Hi All,I need to know whether creating a pdf file through asp.net is possible or not? For instance, i can create a excel file to export data as output. Likewise, i need to export some information in pdf format. It should then open and show the contents. Going further in this, can we also customize like displaying the user-login name as watermark so that each pdf created for every user is unique to him. How to achieve this task? Do we need to install any third party components which will provide methods/namespaces etc or can we do without any third party components?After reading many related ...

ASPX file to PDF file
 I want to convert an Aspx file to a pdf file.Please give me C# code.I cant use any component for money.Free Components are OK.Now I am using ItextSharp.tnx Hope the question is relating to creating PDF as output http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/HTML2PDF.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue You can export ASP.NET DataTables to PDF:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/giospdfnetlibrary.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post...

PDF files and DOC files
Name: Jeff Kopacz Email: Jeffkopacz_at_mchsi.com Product: Firefox Summary: PDF files and DOC files Comments: When using Firefox and have to view a pdf file or Doc file I have to have Adobe Reader or Word started before selecting the file or the computer will lockup. I am using XP and Firefox 1.0.7. If I use either IE or Netscape they will open properly. This has recently occured with either version 6 or 7 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

How can I write out a pdf file that resides on a file server from an aspx file?
I want to write out a pdf file from my aspx page using Response.WriteFile(?) If the file resides on the local machine, I would simply use the path as a parameter. But what if the file resides on a secure file server that needs password for accessing? Thanks! You could add the ASPNET account to the other server so the web page would have access. Or you could look into the Impersonation capabilities of DotNet and actually impersonate an account on the other server when you need access.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with...

FF 3.0 Printing to PDF file with generating WPS Object for the PDF File and Growth of obsolete WPS handles
FF 3.0 Printing to PDF file with generating WPS Object for the PDF File and Growth of obsolete WPS handles Every time yout print to WPS and delete the WPS object after processing, you generate an obsolete WPS handle. Hint to Readme to schedule an WPS "Clean Operation" regulary ( e. g. by Checkini tool ) ? Kind Regards Rainer On 02.07.2008 13:20, Rainer Stroebel wrote: > Every time yout print to WPS and delete the WPS object after processing, > you generate an obsolete WPS handle. > > > Hint to Readme to schedule an WPS "Clea...

PDF::API2 module example for edit pdf and save new pdf file
Dear sirs, I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new pdf file. I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... Thanking you Regards Baskaran NK baskaran wrote: > Dear sirs, > > I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new > pdf file. > I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... > > Thanking you > > Regards > Baskaran NK > > > http://search.cpan.org/src/AREIBENS/PDF-API2-0.41/examples/ http://danconia.org ...

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

Load .pdf file and .tiff file
Coding in VB, framework .net 2.0, vs2005   When the user click on retrieve particular file(either in .pdf or .TIFF file), I need to show the file in the browser,then check for the user's role, if the user is common user, the print icon should be disable...   I have no idea how i gonna solve it...If i using the reportviewer, it cannot support .TIFF file.... Thanx in advance... A hyperlink to the file will display them in the client's configured viewer.  If they can see it, they can print it. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on t...

recognize a pdf file ( header file)?
Friends, I have one question: How can I recognize a pdf file programatically? Looking for a file header? thank you for any help... Andre André Mota <andre.luiz.mota@oi.com.br> wrote: > > I have one question: How can I recognize a pdf file > programatically? Looking for a file header? A .pdf file starts with '%PDF-', a version specification like '1.4' and an EOL sequence. That's about the minimum to check. Felix thanks for the answer. I'll test it. regards, andre "Felix Saphir" <dasr060-codegear@yahoo.de...

Web resources about - Combining PDF files into one very large pdf file - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Protein combining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Protein nutrition is complex because any proteinogenic amino acid may be the limiting factor in metabolism . Mixing livestock feeds can optimize ...

4 ways to benefit from combining Facebook brand & direct marketing
... marketing as a brand activity – not one that can drive conversion directly . However, it doesn’t have to be an either-or proposition. By combining ...

Brain Wave Sharp Mind ™ - 11 Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs combining Binaural Tones with Soothing ...
Get Brain Wave Sharp Mind ™ - 11 Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs combining Binaural Tones with Soothing Ambient Nature Sounds, iTunes ...

The Cruise Director: combining cruise and rail holidays
Combining a cruise with a rail journey is an increasingly popular choice around the world.

High paying job in Australia: Data scientist combining maths, marketing - DailyTelegraph Search Search ...
MATHS and marketing are the keys to a big pay packet, with one new occupation offering $200,000 a year and predicted to become a staple in businesses ...

High paying job in Australia: Data scientist combining maths, marketing
MATHS and marketing are the keys to a big pay packet, with one new occupation offering $200,000 a year and predicted to become a staple in businesses ...

Combining last names
... couples have come up with an interesting solution. CBC.ca home Help Search the CBC Player Submit Search News - Oct 17, 2013 - 10:36 Combining ...

Combining Political Trips With Official Business Isn't New At All
OTTAWA - Announcement, political rally, photo-op, political rally, announcement, repeat as needed.The prime minister's travel agenda these days ...

Xinhua Insight: Combining population and economic policy to push development
Xinhua Insight: Combining population and economic policy to push development People's Daily Online BEIJING, March 13 (Xinhua) China's fresh ...