ANN: wxForms for Delphi - Crossplatform Development tool for Delphi

We are pleased to announce the release of our wxWidgets Form Designer for Delphi  - wxForms for Delphi  1.1.

wxForms for Delphi is an integrated form designer plugin for Borland /CodeGear Delphi that helps to create cross platform applications for Windows, Mac OSX  and Linux using single source base. The wxForms code from Delphi can be compiled in Mac OSX and Linux without much change using FreePascal.

wxForms for Delphi allows you to use all the Delphi's powerful Form Designer/ Editor features (Form Alignment, Object inspector, Component Palette etc ) to quickly create Cross platform applications. wxWidget's Components can be easily customized by modifying their properties in the object inspector.

Following are the features of wxForms for Delphi:

* Pascal Wrapper for wxWidgets
* Create Cross Platform GUI that can be compiled in Freepascal / Lazarus in MacOSX and Linux.
* Reuse your favourite non visible VCL directly with wxForms.
* Create wxWidgets Dialogs and Frames using Delphi Form Designer.
* Facilitate the use of all Delphi's features to create Cross platform application(ANSI and UNICODE).
* Ability to create cross platform Lazarus project file with a single click
* Over 60 ready to use wxWidgets components.
*  Ready to use wxWidgets Dialog and Frame project Templates.
* Integrated cross platform bitmap creator.
*  Image-List editor to easily manage images for various components like ListView, Tab Control, toolbar and Menus.
* Integrated wxWidgets Menu, Toolbar, ListView, Statusbar  Editors.
* Integrated wxWidgets Open/Save Dialog File Filter Editor.
* Support for ANSI and Unicode wxWidgets Libraries.

New Features for this release
* Support for Linux
* Custom Exception handler support
* New Samples
* Bug fixes

For more Information, Please visit http://www.twinforms.com .

Screenshot and Screencast can be found at :

http://www.twinforms.com/products/wxformsdelphi/screenshot.php
http://www.twinforms.com/products/wxformsdelphi/screencasts.php

For support questions, please send us a mail to support@twinforms.com

-Guru Kathiresan
http://www.twinforms.com
Crossplatform Form Designer for Delphi and C++ Builder
0
Guru

Guru Kathiresan wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the release of our wxWidgets Form Designer for Delphi  - wxForms for Delphi  1.1.
>
> wxForms for Delphi is an integrated form designer plugin for Borland /CodeGear Delphi that helps to create cross platform applications for Windows, Mac OSX  and Linux using single source base. The wxForms code from Delphi can be compiled in Mac OSX and Linux without much change using FreePascal.
>
> wxForms for Delphi allows you to use all the Delphi's powerful Form Designer/ Editor features (Form Alignment, Object inspector, Component Palette etc ) to quickly create Cross platform applications. wxWidget's Components can be easily customized by modifying their properties in the object inspector.
>
> Following are the features of wxForms for Delphi:
>
> * Pascal Wrapper for wxWidgets
> * Create Cross Platform GUI that can be compiled in Freepascal / Lazarus in MacOSX and Linux.
> * Reuse your favourite non visible VCL directly with wxForms.
> * Create wxWidgets Dialogs and Frames using Delphi Form Designer.
> * Facilitate the use of all Delphi's features to create Cross platform application(ANSI and UNICODE).
> * Ability to create cross platform Lazarus project file with a single click
> * Over 60 ready to use wxWidgets components.
> *  Ready to use wxWidgets Dialog and Frame project Templates.
> * Integrated cross platform bitmap creator.
> *  Image-List editor to easily manage images for various components like ListView, Tab Control, toolbar and Menus.
> * Integrated wxWidgets Menu, Toolbar, ListView, Statusbar  Editors.
> * Integrated wxWidgets Open/Save Dialog File Filter Editor.
> * Support for ANSI and Unicode wxWidgets Libraries.
>
> New Features for this release
> * Support for Linux
> * Custom Exception handler support
> * New Samples
> * Bug fixes
>
> For more Information, Please visit http://www.twinforms.com .
>
> Screenshot and Screencast can be found at :
>
> http://www.twinforms.com/products/wxformsdelphi/screenshot.php
> http://www.twinforms.com/products/wxformsdelphi/screencasts.php
>
> For support questions, please send us a mail to support@twinforms.com
>
> -Guru Kathiresan
> http://www.twinforms.com
> Crossplatform Form Designer for Delphi and C++ Builder

Guru,

What about working from within the Lazarus IDE as well?  Is that planned or
support somehow?

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee
6/26/2009 9:36:48 PM
Guru Kathiresan wrote:

> * New Samples

Hi Guru,

is there a download available with a compiled demo project, which I can
also use to see which files (.DLL, .SO) are required to run the
application? If wxForms generates a single-exe appication this would be
great of course. I have checked the documentation if there is a section
about deployment.

wxForms looke very impressing and I already have plans to use it for
some cross platform GUI applications.

Best Regards,
--
Michael Justin
SCJP, SCJA
Michael Justin wrote:
> Guru Kathiresan wrote:
>
>> * New Samples
>
> Hi Guru,
>
> is there a download available with a compiled demo project, which I can
> also use to see which files (.DLL, .SO) are required to run the
> application? If wxForms generates a single-exe appication this would be
> great of course. I have checked the documentation if there is a section
> about deployment.
>
> wxForms looke very impressing and I already have plans to use it for
> some cross platform GUI applications.
>
> Best Regards,

Michael,

I looks like there is the wxWidgets runtime that needs to be distributed.  I
looked at the compiled demo and it looks pretty good, if a little flickery.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee
6/27/2009 1:35:38 PM
> {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}
> Guru,
>
> What about working from within the Lazarus IDE as well?  Is that planned or
> support somehow?

Hi Lee,
I dont have any short term plan for it. If Lazarus's IDE provides a similar sdk for OpenTools Api then I think I should able to create a plugin for it as well.
--
-Guru Kathiresan
http://www.twinforms.com
Crossplatform Form Designer for Delphi and C++ Builder
0
Guru
6/28/2009 6:45:24 PM
> {quote:title=Michael Justin wrote:}

> is there a download available with a compiled demo project, which I can
> also use to see which files (.DLL, .SO) are required to run the
> application? If wxForms generates a single-exe appication this would be
> great of course. I have checked the documentation if there is a section
> about deployment.

Hi Michael,
I'll try to create a separate downloader for the examples. I'll also add a section in the help file describing the  deployment method.

--
-Guru Kathiresan
http://www.twinforms.com
Crossplatform Form Designer for Delphi and C++ Builder
0
Guru

ANN: Critical Update to Castalia, Time-Saving Tools for Delphi Developers
I've just released Castalia 2012.1.1 (http://www.twodesk.com/castalia), a bugfix update that fixes two bugs, one of them critical: * Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway, memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie parser thread. * Fixed: A syntax error is incorrectly identified for an array member of a constant field declaration. Castalia users with a current subscription can download Castalia 2012.1.1 at http://subscribe.twodesk.com. Everyone else can give it a try at http://www.twodesk.com/castalia/freetrial.html --Jacob Thurma...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Is Delphi the right tool for SAAS application development?
Hello, I need to convert my client server application (ERP using Oracle database) to a SAAS application. Using Delphi I can reuse some of my old Pascal code. What are the pros and cons compared to Ruby on Rails and similar tools? What is your preferred tool for such a task? Thanks in advance On 2011-06-29 07:20:19 -0400, lior ilan <lior-ilan@winint.com> said: > I need to convert my client server application (ERP using Oracle database) > to a SAAS application. By this, I assume you mean delivered via the Internet, using a web browser as the end-user interface? &...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Any where to offer services as Delphi/Delphi for PHP freelance developer?
Hi, I'm a freelance Software Engineer. One of many that in current difficult days, is pushing for self-employment... offering services as Business Analyst and Developer, using Delphi, Delphi for PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL. Any where in this forum or other you might know where to offer these services to the world? Thank you, Guillermo Guillermo, The Delphi for PHP forum does have For Hire and Wanted For Hire sections if you haven't seen those yet: http://forums.delphi-php.net/ Thanks. -Phil > {quote:title=Guillermo Najar wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I&#...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

ANN: DelphiDay.com
Hello, I'm glad to announce new Delphi site - www.delphiday.com Every day we offer Delphi tool or library with good discount. DelphiDay Team > {quote:title=Delphi Day wrote:}{quote} > I'm glad to announce new Delphi site - www.delphiday.com > Every day we offer Delphi tool or library with good discount. Very good too see the concept for Delphi tools and library. A couple of suggestions based on my experience with BitsDuJour for example. First a remaining hours counter is really useful to know how much time is left for the current sale. Also a list of upcoming ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

ANN: Castalia 2014.2
I've just released a new version of my smart coding tools for Delphi programmers, Castalia 2014.2. Castalia 2014.2 is a bugfix release that addresses two issues: * Fixed: "Synchronize Prototypes" doesn't handle constructors or destructors well * Fixed: Syntax error highlighting can get "behind" by a keystroke under some circumstances Users with a current maintenance subscription can download Castalia 2014.2 at https://subscribe.twodesk.com Everyone else can try Castalia for free at http://www.twodesk.com/castalia/freetrial.html --Jacob Thurman ...

Web resources about - ANN: wxForms for Delphi - Crossplatform Development tool for Delphi - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Zipline adds funding for Moai crossplatform tools
As more developers jump onboard, Zipline finds $750,000 in additional funding Zipline Games has acquired new funding to improve and expand its ...

CNN Profiles - Chris Boyette - Crossplatform Planning & Special Projects - CNN.com
Chris Boyette writes for CNN Digital and can be found both behind and in front of the camera.

Eyes-on with Mad Catz' GameSmart crossplatform gaming peripherals
You've already learned all about Mad Catz' latest line of gaming peripherals part of its new GameSmart crossplatform Bluetooth initiative but ...

Microsoft acquires Wunderlist creator, adding to its crossplatform productivity offerings, report says ...
Microsoft has reportedly acquired Berlin-based 6Wunderkinder, creator of the to-do list app Wunderlist. The app joins Acompli and Sunrise in ...

Skillz launches crossplatform tournament system for mobile esports
You Android gamers no longer need an iPhone to win money from Apple-device owners in mobile esports tournaments. One of the bigger mobile-esports ...

Space Shooter Blitz for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Space Shooter Blitz on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. The now-infamous “A Space Shooter” franchise, ...

AnyPresence - CrunchBase Profile
AnyPresence is a mobile development platform that dramatically reduces the time and cost of mobile-enabling enterprise business processes, products, ...

Android puzzle - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Android is turning from a mobile operating ysstem in to a cross platform runtime environment for applications. Here's a post about it: blogg ...

James Dator (@James_Dator) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here James Dator @ James_Dator ...

Video game development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Video game development is the generally involved and lengthy process of creating a video game . Development is undertaken by a game developer ...