ANN: ReportBuilder 16.0 is now available including Delphi XE7 support!

Digital Metaphors Corporation announces the release of ReportBuilder 16.0!

ReportBuilder 16.0 includes VCL support for Delphi XE7, XE6, XE5, XE4,
XE3, XE2, XE, Delphi 2007, and Delphi 7.

Overview: http://www.digital-metaphors.com/rbwiki/General/What's_New/RB_16

New Feature List: http://www.digital-metaphors.com/PDF/NewFeatures.pdf

Pricing: http://www.digital-metaphors.com/order

Upgrade here! https://www.digital-metaphors.com/secure

Version 16 - 10/24/2014
--------------------

  - Delphi XE7 support for VCL Win32
  - Delphi XE7 support for VCL Win64
  - New Delphi XE7 REST Service components*
  - New Delphi XE7 Mobile Client components*

* RB Enterprise for XE7 only

REST Service Components
-----------------------
   - All New
   - Quickly and easily build a REST server to publish RB reports
   - Components:
      - RestService, processes REST requests
      - RestReportProvider, use to implement report modules
      - ReportDirectory, supports reports stored in files or database

REST Mobile Client Components
-----------------------------
   - All New
   - Quickly and easily build apps for iOS and Android
   - Components:
     - RestClient, communicates with REST server
     - MobileExplorer (FMX), use to browse nested report directory
     - MobileViewer (FMX), use to preview reports

Designer
--------
  - Added multi-object selection support for report object tree
  - Improved transparent image rendering for layout workspace
  - Set Component.DesignLayer property via object inspector

RCL
---
  - New GMap component for incorporating Google maps in reports!
  - Crosstab vertical text
  - ExportMetafileAsBitmap property added to TppImage, TppDBImage
  - ExportRTFAsBitmap property added to TppRichText, TppDBRichText
  - AutoScale feature added for all 2D Barcodes

Preview
-------
  - Advanced Printer Dialog options for PDF, XLS, RTF
  - Preview page-navigation links
  - Enhanced thumbnail support for drilldown reports

Output Devices
--------------
  - New XlsxReport Device! (Delphi XE2 and later)
  - New XlsxData Device! (Delphi XE2 and later)
  - XLS/Xlsx, improved accuracy of right aligned text
  - XLS/Xlsx, added XLSSettings.DefaultBands property for XLSData
  - XLSData, added XLSSettings.PreserveLineBreaks property for XLSData
  - XLS/Xlsx, add support for display formats with non quoted chars
  - XLSReport, added support for IncludeSingleHeader, IncludeSingleFooter
  - XLSData, export RichText, Checkbox as plain text
  - HTML, enhanced to render Border as CSSStyle (no image required)
  - HTML, enhance to render text color as CSS Style
  - HTML, added TppXHTMLStyleSingleFile properties for HtmlPage, CssSheet
  - HTML, remove image dir, when not used
  - Text, export RichText, Checkbox as plain text
  - Text, export RichText, Checkbox as plain text
  - PDF, interactive PDF form fields
  - PDF, interactive PDF checkboxes
  - PDF, UniqueFile property added to PDF device
  - PDF, AddDate property added to PDF device
  - PDF, enhanced metafile support
  - PDF, Unicode characters now supported in document properties
  - PDF, page-navigation link support
  - RTF, RichTextAsMemo feature added to RTF Device
  - Email, new Thunderbird email plugin
  - AllowNewFile property added to TppFileDevice

Engine
------
  - Apply Report.PrinterSetup changes to Page.PrinterSetup

DADE
----
  - daFireDAC, enhanced for Delphi design-time support
  - SQL, support for re-ordering tables (auto-fix joins)
  - SQL, support for :ParamName references in table join conditions
  - QueryDesigner, save/restore ListView column positions for each page
  - QueryDesigner, support for re-ordering tables (auto-fix joins)
  - QueryDesigner, available tables list can be sorted by clicking on cols
  - QueryDesigner, support for :ParamName references in table join
conditions
  - TableJoin, allow :ParameterName in expression

RAP
---
  - Designer, Display System Constants in RAP Code Toolbox
  - Designer, auto-focus code editor and position cursor, when code loads

*features may vary by ReportBuilder Edition and Delphi version
*RB 16 includes support for nine Delphi versions:
  D7, D2007, DXE, DXE2, DXE3, DXE4, DXE5, DXE6, DXE7

Digital Metaphors Corporation
http://www.digital-metaphors.com
info@digital-metaphors.com
0
Nico

Sounds interesting. Any live demos for mobile report viewer?
0
Bora
10/26/2014 8:14:03 AM
Hi Bora,

Thank you for your interest in ReportBuilder 16!

We will be releasing articles/tutorials soon.  Currently there are
numerous demos installed with ReportBuilder 16 Enterprise/Server
demonstrating how to use the new components to build mobile apps via
FMX.  The demos are located in the \Demos\8. Rest\... directory.

These demos are also installed with the demo edition of RB 16 which can
be downloaded here.

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/download/

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
Digital Metaphors

On 10/26/14, 2:14 AM, Bora Aydemir wrote:
> Sounds interesting. Any live demos for mobile report viewer?

0
Nico
10/27/2014 9:16:59 PM
I don't have XE7 at the moment. I thought it would be nice if we were able to install an android demo app to load live reports from your server.

Best wishes

> {quote:title=Nico Cizik wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Bora,
>
> Thank you for your interest in ReportBuilder 16!
>
> We will be releasing articles/tutorials soon.  Currently there are
> numerous demos installed with ReportBuilder 16 Enterprise/Server
> demonstrating how to use the new components to build mobile apps via
> FMX.  The demos are located in the \Demos\8. Rest\... directory.
>
> These demos are also installed with the demo edition of RB 16 which can
> be downloaded here.
>
> http://www.digital-metaphors.com/download/
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Nico Cizik
> Digital Metaphors
> http://www.digital-metaphors.com
>

> On 10/26/14, 2:14 AM, Bora Aydemir wrote:
> > Sounds interesting. Any live demos for mobile report viewer?

0
Bora
10/28/2014 3:12:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.  We will look into providing something like
this in the near future.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
Digital Metaphors