ANN: HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon, Plans Delphi 2009 Support

HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon Full Text Search, Plans Delphi 2009 Support
by April

Tamarack Associates is pleased to announce that HREF Tools Corp. has
acquired the development and marketing rights to the Rubicon 2 Full Text
Search Engine library of Delphi components.  The Rubicon search engine
was first released in 1996 and quickly became the leading search engine
for Delphi and C++ Builder developers.  Rubicon components are used in a
wide range of applications created by firms ranging in size from
independent developers to Fortune 500 companies.

Tamarack Associates has a long history of working with HREF Tools.  The
companies have cross licensed and marketed each other’s components since
1997.  “The key factors in selecting HREF Tools to continue the
development of Rubicon was their outstanding reputation, sole focus on
Delphi components, and the trust between us that has grown over the
years” according to Deven Hickingbotham, President of Tamarack Associates.

“HFEF  Tools is excited about this opportunity to expand our line of
Delphi components,” said Ann Lynnworth, President of HREF Tools Corp.,
adding that “HREF Tools has already released a set of Delphi 2007
upgrade components for Rubicon and Delphi 2009 support is planned for
beta release by mid-March, 2009.  This release will initially be for
DBExpress, BDE, Interbase and ADO.”

To purchase a new license for Rubicon, please visit
http://www.href.com/rubicon.  For information about Delphi 2007 support,
please visit http://www.href.com/edeliver:rubicondelphi2007.

Rubicon technical support questions should be sent via
www.href.com/contact.  The online CodeGear newsgroup search application
hosted on Tamarack’s web site will soon be moved to HREF Tools servers
and will continue to showcase the powerful search features of Rubicon.

HREF Tools Corp. (href.com) is a leading developer of Delphi web
development tools.  Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Santa Rosa,
California, HREF Tools offers a range of Delphi components and utilities
for web developers and web server owners.  Their flagship product,
WebHub, is ideal for teams of web developers who wish to separate page
design from logic, and who need to deliver sites which will be skinned
for multiple clients and/or translated into multiple languages.

Tamarack Associates (tamaracka.com) is also a developer of Delphi
components with an increasing emphasis in on large scale image
management applications and tools. A long time CodeGear Development
Partner, Tamarack is based in Palo Alto, California, and was established
in 1995.

Contacts:  ann@href.com, deven@tamaracka.com

January 29, 2009
0
Deven

I'm very pleased to see such a great product as Rubicon has found a stable new home.

Many thanks to you Deven for your help over the years.

Regards,

Lachlan Gemmell
0
Lachlan
1/30/2009 4:17:29 AM
> {quote:title=Deven Hickingbotham wrote:}{quote}
> HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon Full Text Search, Plans Delphi 2009 Support
> by April

This is good news.  What is going to happen with existing clients?

---
Dean
0
Dean
1/30/2009 10:46:16 AM
Dean Hill wrote:

 > This is good news.  What is going to happen with existing clients?

They will be supported by HREF Tools Corp. and be eligible for upgrade
pricing on new releases.

HREF Tools has an excellent reputation and this is why I am so
comfortable entrusting Rubicon to them. I expect their customer service
to be excellent.

Thank you for being a Rubicon customer,
--
Deven Hickingbotham
Tamarack Associates

New licenses for Rubicon Pro are priced at $299.

Ann

> {quote:title=Dean Hill wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Deven Hickingbotham wrote:}{quote}
> > HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon Full Text Search, Plans Delphi 2009 Support
> > by April
>
> This is good news.  What is going to happen with existing clients?
>
> ---
> Dean
0
Ann

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Ann: Architecture/dependency management tool, Structure101, supports Delphi [Edit]
If you have a need to either better understand your "architecture", better communicate it to the team or just want to refactor it so its easier to understand, maintain and extend you might like to try Structure101 and Restructure101. Both are JOLT award-winning products and have been around for a number of years in the Java and .Net domains. We have just added support for Delphi. You will need a copy of either ModelMaker from http://www.modelmakertools.com/ or Understand from http://www.scitools.com to parse your Delphi code. Once you have installed Structure101 or Restruc...

ANN: Rubicon v3 Text Search Components with Unicode Support for Delphi 2009 [Edit]
HREF Tools Corp. ( [http://www.href.com] ) is pleased to announce that the *Rubicon Full Text Search Engine* is available now for use with Delphi 2009, Delphi 2007 and Delphi 7. The following database bridges are included immediately: ADO, BDE, dbExpress, IBX and Oracle. Rubicon has been tested with Firebird SQL. In contrast to the Google Search API, Rubicon enables developers to include full-text search features in applications with private data, such as files on corporate networks or in a database containing confidential medical information, without the data needing to be stored on a publ...

Translation tools for Delphi 2009
Hello, I am moving to Delphi 2009 to use its Unicode features for translating to other languages. I was wondering what tools to use for translating applications, I am aware of TsiLang, Sisulizer and Multilizer. I would like the application to have all the language files in one build, so that the user has the option of changing languages at runtime, and reduces overhead for me. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to integrate multiple languages within Inno Setup (the installation package I use) so it gives the user the option to select a language before installing. Thank...

Translation tools for Delphi 2009
Hello, I am moving to Delphi 2009 to use its Unicode features for translating to other languages. I was wondering what tools to use for translating applications, I am aware of TsiLang, Sisulizer and Multilizer. I would like the application to have all the language files in one build, so that the user has the option of changing languages at runtime, and reduces overhead for me. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to integrate multiple languages within Inno Setup (the installation package I use) so it gives the user the option to select a language before installing. Thank...

Debugging tool for delphi 2009
Hi, I am using delphi 2009, and would like to know whether there is a tool to debug applications. In such a way that it will notify me which objects and components are occupying the memory. --> for xample if I create an application that creates components, it will notify me which components are still in the memory and are being used in the stack. --- Hello! > In such a way that it will notify me which objects and components are > occupying the memory. --> for xample if I create an application that creates > components, it will notify me which components a...

Install LMD-Tools in Delphi 2009
After running Delphi-2009 with success on my current Delphi-5 projects, I installed LMD-Tools special edition (Delphi) ID# 25868 from the partner-DVD. Therafter some of my projects did compile with lot of warnings W1025 and also a fatal error F2051 Unit Chart .... Menus.TPopupMenus ... so could not test some changes. But after deleting the path from the library all runs fine. I think thats a a very bad partner-software, which should not packed on a partner-DVD. Friedrich ...

Problem with the Delphi 2009 Translation Tool [Edit]
I am new to the Delphi 2009 translation tool. In order to familiarize with the Translation Tool I found the tutorial *"ITE and ITM Tutorial for Delphi 2005* (+http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/32974+) and used the proposed step by step approach to localize the example (from english to french): success! I tried the same procedure on another simple project: success again. Given these successes, I tried to apply the same procedure to a more complex project written originally in french (FRC) coded originally with D6 and ported to D2009 w/o any problem. It is a program that uses 8 forms, t...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

ANN: SmartInspect 3.1 with Delphi 2009 support
Hello, we are happy to announce SmartInspect 3.1 - a new version of our advanced logging tool with full support for Delphi 2009 and C++ Builder 2009. More about SmartInspect: http://www.gurock.com/products/smartinspect/ All changes of the new SmartInspect version at-a-glance: * Added: Full support for Delphi and C++Builder 2009 * Changed: Named pipes are now opened in exclusive mode by the Console * Fixed: Session loading via configuration files is now case insensitive * Fixed: A possible exception when opening the Edit View dialog in the Console has been fixed A full...

ANN: Castalia 2009.3 (With Delphi 2010 support)
Castalia 2009.3 is now available. The big deal here is Delphi 2010 support, but I've also added a few more "smart keys" that are available in every edition: * Smart Parenthesis: Highlight some text and press the '(' key, and the text will be surrounded with parenthesis. * Smart Brackets: Highlight some text and press the '[' key, and the text will be surrounded with brackets. * Smart Braces: Highlight some text and press the '{' key, and the text will be surrounded with braces. As always, customers with current subscriptions can get it fro...

ANN: DelphiDay.com
Hello, I'm glad to announce new Delphi site - www.delphiday.com Every day we offer Delphi tool or library with good discount. DelphiDay Team > {quote:title=Delphi Day wrote:}{quote} > I'm glad to announce new Delphi site - www.delphiday.com > Every day we offer Delphi tool or library with good discount. Very good too see the concept for Delphi tools and library. A couple of suggestions based on my experience with BitsDuJour for example. First a remaining hours counter is really useful to know how much time is left for the current sale. Also a list of upcoming ...

Web resources about - ANN: HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon, Plans Delphi 2009 Support - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Social Shopping Spree: Fluid Acquires 8thBridge
... sector, as 8thBridge , a provider of social discovery, curation, analytics, and marketing solutions for retailers, announced that it was acquired ...

Facebook acquires fitness diary app Moves
Facebook is making some more moves in the mobile market. The company announced Thursday morning that it has acquired Moves , a mobile app that ...

Google acquires iOS app developer Fly Labs to enhance Google Photos
Fly Labs, developer of popular video editing apps for iOS, today confirmed it’s being acquired by Google in an announcement on its website. As ...

EyeFi acquires popular photo sharing service OkDoThis
EyeFi, the company behind the popular SD cards that carry WiFi support , has today announced that it has acquired OkDoThis. OkDoThis is a popular ...

Sizmek Acquires Pointroll in $20 Million Deal
Ad tech company Sizmek has agreed to buy Pointroll in a $20 million deal that is set to close immediately, Sizmek said Thursday during its earnings ...

Magnolia Acquires Nordic Epic ‘The Last King’ Directed By Nils Gaup – AFM
Magnolia Pictures has acquired North American rights to Oscar-nominated director Nils Gaup ’s Nordic epic The Last King . The film stars stars ...

Advantech acquires B+B SmartWorx to expand in industrial telecom network market
Taiwan-based industrial PC (IPC) maker Advantech has announced it will spend US$99.85 million acquiring wireless/wired network solution provider ...

Pandora Acquires Key Assets Of Rdio
Pandora is buying key technology and talent from streaming music service Rdio, which will be shutting down. Another week, another shake-up in ...

Ignite co-founder Brady Forrest acquires the popular speaker series from O’Reilly Media
Brady Forrest, who hatched the Ignite speaker series with his colleague Bre Pettis nearly nine years ago in Seattle, has acquired Ignite from ...

ON Semiconductor Acquires Fairchild
In the continuing process of semiconductor companies buying each other up, ON Semiconductor has acquired Fairchild Semiconductor for $2.4 Billion. ...