ANN: Documentation Insight Ships! (Support Delphi 7 Now)

We are so excited to announce that Documentation Insight ships now.

We have updated the website you can download the latest version from the page. It's recommended that you visit the product page at http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight/. We made a flash video to demonstrate how Documentation Insight helps you visually read and write documentation in the IDE.

Here is the change log since the Beta 3:

+ Support Delphi 7 (No Vcl Help Integration)
+ Support for members of an enumeration type
* Adjusted some layout of the toolbars
# Fixed a potential AV bug when closing the IDE while DI is floating.
# Fixed the Enter issue in a Code Editor
# Fixed the navigation issue when clicking a hyperlink in Vcl doc.
# Fixed two issues on layout
# Handled the exception when failed to parse xml doc
# Fixed a location issue for the first member of a type
# Fixed missing type information of a global variable

You may visit the Downloads page and download the full-functional 15 day trial version. If you can benefit from this product, please purchase a license. We offer 50% discount until Dec. 10th, 2010. You mustn't miss it.

For more information, please visit: http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software

Hi Baoquan,

great news.

I Love DI. Just purchased!

Best Regards

Claudio

"Baoquan Zuo" wrote in message news:309093@forums.embarcadero.com...

[...]

11/28/2010 1:06:32 PM
> {quote:title=Claudio Piffer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Baoquan,
>
> great news.
>
> I Love DI. Just purchased!
>
> Best Regards
>
> Claudio
Thank you so much! Enjoy It!

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
11/29/2010 12:40:18 AM
We have just posted the roadmap of Documentation Insight V1.x at:
http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight/documentation-insight-v1-x-roadmap/

You're welcome to visit this page and leave us a message.
0
Baoquan
11/29/2010 4:02:13 AM
Am Sun, 28 Nov 2010 02:54:52 -0800 schrieb Baoquan Zuo:

> You may visit the Downloads page and download the full-functional 15 day trial version. If you can benefit from this product, please purchase a license. We offer 50% discount until Dec. 10th, 2010. You mustn't miss it.
Hmm, unfortunately you left out support for my primary IDE: Delphi 2009.

Any chance for getting this done? There shouldn't be much difference from
D2009 to D2010 either, I guess.

--
cu
Michael
> {quote:title=Michael Fritz wrote:}{quote}
> Am Sun, 28 Nov 2010 02:54:52 -0800 schrieb Baoquan Zuo:
> Hmm, unfortunately you left out support for my primary IDE: Delphi 2009.
>
> Any chance for getting this done? There shouldn't be much difference from
> D2009 to D2010 either, I guess.

Sure. The only problem we left it out is that it takes us much time to ensure the quality of Documentation Insight in each IDE.

It will be available in the next minor update if everything is ok.

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
11/29/2010 11:42:39 AM
Baoquan Zuo wrote:

> For more information, please visit:
> http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight

Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
my THTMLWriter project.

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
> We are so excited to announce that Documentation Insight ships now.

Excellent work!! This looks like just the documentation tool I've been
looking for.

I just purchased my copy.

--
Regards,

Rich Ackerson
0
Rich
11/29/2010 5:57:46 PM

> I just purchased my copy.

I just noticed something that probably won't affect most users but it
really affected me. I can't exactly call this a bug but it does disrupt
my ability to work with DI.

My code is heavily littered with conditional defines. DI is smart
enough to only include in its document pane those sections of code that
are not conditionally defined out. This is a nice touch!

This, however, is also my problem. My conditionals are defined in an
external file that I include into my source. DI doesn't seem to "reach
out" into the include file to grab the information about my conditional
define setting. The result in my situation is hundreds of methods in my
source code are excluded from DI although they are correctly picked up
by the compiler.

So I am hoping you would consider some wishlist items:
- Include some way to reach into include files to pick up conditional
defines
- Provide an option to allow DI to pick up source comments even for
those areas that are conditionally defined out. While I do appreciate
the work that was done to only display "active" content, there are
times I would like to see all of my documentation regardless of the
state of a section of code.

Thanks for listening!

--
Regards,

Rich Ackerson
0
Rich
11/29/2010 7:17:32 PM
> So I am hoping you would consider some wishlist items:
> - Include some way to reach into include files to pick up conditional
> defines

Okay, so this is an obvious case of where I should have investigated
your website first. I see the above item is "basically" already on your
Road Map for version 1.x as a "consideration to support...".

Please count this as my vote in favor of support the {$I} directive.
And when you do, *please* grab any conditionals you find set in the
include file.

--
Regards,

Rich Ackerson
0
Rich
11/29/2010 8:15:50 PM
> {quote:title=Rich Ackerson wrote:}{quote}
> > So I am hoping you would consider some wishlist items:
> > - Include some way to reach into include files to pick up conditional
> > defines
>
> Okay, so this is an obvious case of where I should have investigated
> your website first. I see the above item is "basically" already on your
> Road Map for version 1.x as a "consideration to support...".
>
> Please count this as my vote in favor of support the {$I} directive.
> And when you do, *please* grab any conditionals you find set in the
> include file.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Rich Ackerson
Thanks for your purchase! We will do our best to support this feature although it does need more extra work as we use our own syntax parser...

About the support of the include directive, my plan is:
Extract all defines from the included file and parse the source code. It will also provides some defines input to let you switch conditions. How does it sound?

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
11/30/2010 1:02:43 AM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Baoquan Zuo wrote:
>

> > For more information, please visit:
> > http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight
>
> Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
> seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
> my THTMLWriter project.
>

> --
> Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
> Gateway Ticketing Systems
> http://www.gatewayticketing.com
Thank you so much! : )

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
11/30/2010 1:05:28 AM
Paul,

> Thanks for your purchase!

You are very welcome!

> About the support of the include directive, my plan is:
> Extract all defines from the included file and parse the source code.

Excellent!

> It will also provides some defines input to let you switch conditions.

Hmmm... Interesting.

> How does it sound?

Sounds great. I realize this is probably WAY too early to even estimate
but would you happen to have any sort of guess as to when even a beta of
this functionality might be available? Weeks? Months? etc...
0
Rich
11/30/2010 4:21:18 AM
> {quote:title=Rich Ackerson wrote:}{quote}
> Paul,
>
> > Thanks for your purchase!
>
> You are very welcome!
> >
> > About the support of the include directive, my plan is:
> > Extract all defines from the included file and parse the source code.
>
> Excellent!
>
> > It will also provides some defines input to let you switch conditions.
>
> Hmmm... Interesting.
>
> > How does it sound?
> >
> Sounds great. I realize this is probably WAY too early to even estimate
> but would you happen to have any sort of guess as to when even a beta of
> this functionality might be available? Weeks? Months? etc...
This is marked as the MUST feature in the next version. This feature needs more hard "dirty" work so that it may needs weeks or a month. We will tell you when there is an experimental version. Is it OK?

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
11/30/2010 5:00:08 AM
Looks like a very interesting tool. What I am looking for is a tool to generate a help file from those documentation markups. Is that or will that be possible?

Minor nit pick on product page..
"The first step in understanding source code is reading it’s documentation."

"it's" should be "its."
0
Kyle
11/30/2010 7:19:25 AM
> {quote:title=Kyle Miller wrote:}{quote}
> Looks like a very interesting tool. What I am looking for is a tool to generate a help file from those documentation markups. Is that or will that be possible?
We do have a plan to develop a documentation generation tool since there are still no such tools that supports all tags and customizable. But this needs more hard work on compiler-level knowledge and it should be another product. (The compiler from D2007-XE doesn't support the documentation generation very well...)

> {quote:title=Kyle Miller wrote:}{quote}
> Minor nit pick on product page..
> "The first step in understanding source code is reading it’s documentation."
>
> "it's" should be "its."
Thank you! Updated.

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
11/30/2010 11:21:26 AM
> This is marked as the MUST feature in the next version. This feature
> needs more hard "dirty" work so that it may needs weeks or a month. We
> will tell you when there is an experimental version. Is it OK?

Perfect!
0
Rich
11/30/2010 11:45:36 AM
Baoquan Zuo wrote:

> Thank you so much! : )

A quick look at:

http://code.google.com/p/delphihtmlwriter/source/browse/uHTMLWriter.pas

shows I've been using it a lot.  ;-)

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
11/30/2010 2:42:43 PM
Kyle Miller wrote:

> What I am looking for is a tool to generate a help file from those
> documentation markups.

You have one already:  The IDE will generate documentation for you.

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
11/30/2010 3:16:02 PM
Nick,

| Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
| seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
| my THTMLWriter project.

Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
"special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99 price.
;-)

11/30/2010 11:15:28

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
11/30/2010 7:17:26 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
> "special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99 price.
> ;-)

It's really cool.

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
11/30/2010 7:49:13 PM
On 11/28/2010 5:54 AM, Baoquan Zuo wrote:
> We are so excited to announce that Documentation Insight ships now.
>
> We have updated the website you can download the latest version from the page. It's recommended that you visit the product page at http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight/. We made a flash video to demonstrate how Documentation Insight helps you visually read and write documentation in the IDE.
>
> Here is the change log since the Beta 3:
>
> + Support Delphi 7 (No Vcl Help Integration)
> + Support for members of an enumeration type
> * Adjusted some layout of the toolbars
> # Fixed a potential AV bug when closing the IDE while DI is floating.
> # Fixed the Enter issue in a Code Editor
> # Fixed the navigation issue when clicking a hyperlink in Vcl doc.
> # Fixed two issues on layout
> # Handled the exception when failed to parse xml doc
> # Fixed a location issue for the first member of a type
> # Fixed missing type information of a global variable
>
> You may visit the Downloads page and download the full-functional 15 day trial version. If you can benefit from this product, please purchase a license. We offer 50% discount until Dec. 10th, 2010. You mustn't miss it.
>
> For more information, please visit: http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight
>
> --
> Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
> DevJET Software
> Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
> http://www.DevJET.net

Hi,

The tool requires 'Internet Explorer 7 or Higher', so basically, it
won't work if we don't have IE installed. right?

William
0
William
11/30/2010 8:01:50 PM
Nick,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with DI. It really sold me on the
product (I purchased yesterday) and I have BIG plans for it in my
documenting CodeSiteEx. As soon as the minor issue of handling
conditional defines in an include file is addressed, I fully expect to
be dumping Doc-O-Matic in favor of this.

--
Regards,

Rich Ackerson
0
Rich
11/30/2010 8:30:32 PM
On 2010-11-30 14:17:26 -0500, Quentin Correll <qcorrell@pacNObell.net> said:

> Nick,
>
> | Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
> | seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
> | my THTMLWriter project.
>
> Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
> "special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99 price.
> ;-)

I took a look at it and used Nick's source code as an example to see
how the plug-in worked.  It's very impressive and I'll probably buy it
as well.  However, the one downside of XML docs in the source is that
it look absolutely terrible.  Thank goodness for collapsable regions,
but I often look at source without the IDE.  I guess I'll just have to
get used to it.

--
Kevin Powick
0
Rich Ackerson wrote:

>  As soon as the minor issue of handling
> conditional defines in an include file is addressed, I fully expect
> to be dumping Doc-O-Matic in favor of this.

I'm not sure that it can be a replacement for Doc-o-matic, in that it
can't produce a *.hlp (or whatever the extension is these days) but as
a tool for entereing the XMLDoc stuff in a library, it is brilliant.
This should be a built in IDE feature.

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
11/30/2010 8:58:39 PM
Kevin Powick wrote:

>  It's very impressive and I'll probably buy it
> as well.  However, the one downside of XML docs in the source is that
> it look absolutely terrible.

My one feature request would be for the XML to be formattable and more
"human readable".

For instance, I'd like this:

/// <summary>My description of the feature</summary>

to be this:

/// <summary>
///   My description of the feature
/// </summary>

For multi-line tag values, it makes things much more readable.
--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
11/30/2010 9:03:19 PM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Kevin Powick wrote:
>
> >  It's very impressive and I'll probably buy it
> > as well.  However, the one downside of XML docs in the source is that
> > it look absolutely terrible.
>
> My one feature request would be for the XML to be formattable and more
> "human readable".
>
> For instance, I'd like this:
>
> /// <summary>My description of the feature</summary>
>
> to be this:
>
> /// <summary>
> ///   My description of the feature
> /// </summary>
>

> For multi-line tag values, it makes things much more readable.

Indeed.

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
11/30/2010 9:09:48 PM

> I'm not sure that it can be a replacement for Doc-o-matic, in that it
> can't produce a *.hlp (or whatever the extension is these days) but as
> a tool for entereing the XMLDoc stuff in a library, it is brilliant.
> This should be a built in IDE feature.

True. As something to render the docs, I would still have to look
elsewhere (at least for now <hint! hint!>). But I really prefer DI's
way of creating the documentation in a library. Well, since I own both
now, I guess I could write in one and render in the other...

--
Regards,

Rich Ackerson
0
Rich
11/30/2010 9:31:41 PM
Nick Hodges wrote:

> I'm not sure that it can be a replacement for Doc-o-matic, in that it
> can't produce a *.hlp (or whatever the extension is these days) but as
> a tool for entereing the XMLDoc stuff in a library, it is brilliant.
> This should be a built in IDE feature.

I think the current version of Help & Manual has the ability to use XML
to import topics, but I'm still on the last version so I don't know the
details.  It would be nice to be able to use DI to create the
documentation, then suck it up into H&M to publish it.  I had been
thinking of writing an app to take the output from Peganza PAL and
format it for use with H&M.  Maybe this will work as well.

--
Cheers,
Van

"Half of what I say is meaningless..." - John Lennon
"Your job is to figure out which half." - Van Swofford
0
Van
11/30/2010 10:07:13 PM
> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Nick,
>
> | Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
> | seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
> | my THTMLWriter project.
>
> Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
> "special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99 price.
> ;-)
Hi, Q, Thanks for your purchase : ) Hope you like it.

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/1/2010 1:17:38 AM
> {quote:title=William Yu wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> The tool requires 'Internet Explorer 7 or Higher', so basically, it
> won't work if we don't have IE installed. right?

Hi, William, DI totally depends on the IE engine. It should function if *Help Insight* works. Have a try.

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/1/2010 1:19:51 AM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Kevin Powick wrote:
>
> >  It's very impressive and I'll probably buy it
> > as well.  However, the one downside of XML docs in the source is that
> > it look absolutely terrible.
>
> My one feature request would be for the XML to be formattable and more
> "human readable".
>
> For instance, I'd like this:
>
> /// <summary>My description of the feature</summary>
>
> to be this:
>
> /// <summary>
> ///   My description of the feature
> /// </summary>
>

> For multi-line tag values, it makes things much more readable.
Thanks for the suggestion, it is in our To-Do list. We also prefer to this style but we need to rewrite a formatting engine...

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/1/2010 1:24:01 AM
On 11/30/2010 11:17 AM, Quentin Correll wrote:
> Nick,
>
> | Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
> | seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
> | my THTMLWriter project.
>
> Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
> "special" pricing.<g>   (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99 price.
> ;-)

Tell us what you think after a week or two, Q.  I'm curious myself.

John
0
John
12/1/2010 4:29:29 AM
Baoquan Zuo wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, it is in our To-Do list. We also prefer to
> this style but we need to rewrite a formatting engine...

Oh, understood.  Looking forward to 2.0  ;-)

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
12/1/2010 4:33:05 AM
Baoquan Zuo wrote:
>> {quote:title=Michael Fritz wrote:}{quote}
>> Am Sun, 28 Nov 2010 02:54:52 -0800 schrieb Baoquan Zuo:
>> Hmm, unfortunately you left out support for my primary IDE: Delphi 2009.
>>
>> Any chance for getting this done? There shouldn't be much difference from
>> D2009 to D2010 either, I guess.
>>
> Sure. The only problem we left it out is that it takes us much time to ensure the quality of Documentation Insight in each IDE.
>
> It will be available in the next minor update if everything is ok.

I also use D2009 and was wondering when this IDE version will
be supported.

Edmund
0
Edmund
12/1/2010 4:52:16 AM
Baoquan Zuo wrote:
> We are so excited to announce that Documentation Insight ships now.

Hi Baoquan Zuo,

I was hoping to check out screen shots of your application and came
across one which when clicked, just displays the same picture
and not a 'zoomed-in' one.  I can't see the details of that
screenshot.

Could you put up a few screen shots?

Edmund
0
Edmund
12/1/2010 4:53:58 AM
> {quote:title=Edmund Wong wrote:}{quote}
> Baoquan Zuo wrote:
> >> {quote:title=Michael Fritz wrote:}{quote}
> >> Am Sun, 28 Nov 2010 02:54:52 -0800 schrieb Baoquan Zuo:
> >> Hmm, unfortunately you left out support for my primary IDE: Delphi 2009.
> >>
> >> Any chance for getting this done? There shouldn't be much difference from
> >> D2009 to D2010 either, I guess.
> >>
> > Sure. The only problem we left it out is that it takes us much time to ensure the quality of Documentation Insight in each IDE.
> >
> > It will be available in the next minor update if everything is ok.
> >

> I also use D2009 and was wondering when this IDE version will
> be supported.
>
> Edmund
We will set up a Field Test subforum for DI in our support forums. And It will be available in the next version. (V1.2) It is about after one month. (as well as some bug-fixes and improvements.)

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/1/2010 4:56:23 AM
> {quote:title=Edmund Wong wrote:}{quote}
> Baoquan Zuo wrote:
> > We are so excited to announce that Documentation Insight ships now.
> >

> Hi Baoquan Zuo,
>
> I was hoping to check out screen shots of your application and came
> across one which when clicked, just displays the same picture
> and not a 'zoomed-in' one.  I can't see the details of that
> screenshot.
>
> Could you put up a few screen shots?
>
> Edmund
There is a live demo video on the product page, it demonstrates how DI helps you read and write documentation. And you can have a better understanding for DI than screenshots. Please check it out:
http://www.devjet.net/demos/DocumentationInsightDemo.html

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/1/2010 5:00:19 AM
Baoquan,

| Thanks for the suggestion, it is in our To-Do list. We also prefer to
| this style but we need to rewrite a formatting engine...

<prod, prod, prod...  ;-) >

--

   Q  <Hates XML ;->

12/01/2010 09:59:21

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
12/1/2010 6:00:18 PM
Baoquan,

| Hi, Q, Thanks for your purchase : ) Hope you like it.

I already do... except for the XML. <g>

Seriously, great job!

12/01/2010 10:00:34

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
12/1/2010 6:01:07 PM
John,

| Tell us what you think after a week or two, Q.  I'm curious myself.

Dec. 7 is just under the wire of Dec. 10.  <g>

12/01/2010 10:01:39

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
12/1/2010 6:02:09 PM
Baoquan,

| There is a live demo video on the product page, it demonstrates how
| DI helps you read and write documentation. And you can have a better
| understanding for DI than screenshots. Please check it out:
| http://www.devjet.net/demos/DocumentationInsightDemo.html

I watched it twice before I bought.  I found that without audio I
didn't have a good idea of, and it took time to decide, "what was going
on."  <g>

12/01/2010 10:04:17

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
12/1/2010 6:05:52 PM
Kevin Powick wrote:

> On 2010-11-30 14:17:26 -0500, Quentin Correll
> <qcorrell@pacNObell.net> said:
>
> > Nick,
> >
> > >  Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when
> > > I've  seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use
> > > of it for  my THTMLWriter project.
> >
> > Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
> > "special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99
> > price.  ;-)
>
> I took a look at it and used Nick's source code as an example to see
> how the plug-in worked.  It's very impressive and I'll probably buy
> it as well.  However, the one downside of XML docs in the source is
> that it look absolutely terrible.

 +1 for the /// style comments. Only C/C++ programmers can tolerate
such stuff <g>.  There is an alternative syntax ({! ....}), but I don't
know whether this add-in does support it. Have not looked at it yet.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Baoquan,
>
> | There is a live demo video on the product page, it demonstrates how
> | DI helps you read and write documentation. And you can have a better
> | understanding for DI than screenshots. Please check it out:
> | http://www.devjet.net/demos/DocumentationInsightDemo.html
>
> I watched it twice before I bought.  I found that without audio I
> didn't have a good idea of, and it took time to decide, "what was going
> on."  <g>
We will add some descriptions in future.

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/2/2010 2:06:00 AM
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> Kevin Powick wrote:
>
> > On 2010-11-30 14:17:26 -0500, Quentin Correll
> > <qcorrell@pacNObell.net> said:
> >
> > > Nick,

> > > Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
> > > "special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99
> > > price.  ;-)
> >
> > I took a look at it and used Nick's source code as an example to see
> > how the plug-in worked.  It's very impressive and I'll probably buy
> > it as well.  However, the one downside of XML docs in the source is
> > that it look absolutely terrible.
>
>  +1 for the /// style comments. Only C/C++ programmers can tolerate
> such stuff <g>.  There is an alternative syntax ({! ....}), but I don't
> know whether this add-in does support it. Have not looked at it yet.

Since Help Insight doesn't support the alternative syntax, DI doesn't support it neither.

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/2/2010 2:07:42 AM
> I also use D2009 and was wondering when this IDE version will
> be supported.
>
> Edmund
We will set up a Field Test subforum for DI in our support forums. And It
will be available in the next version. (V1.2) It is about after one month.
(as well as some bug-fixes and improvements.)

D2009 support would be greatly appreciated

cheers, Ron
0
Ron
12/2/2010 9:49:27 AM
> {quote:title=Ron Craven wrote:}{quote}
> > I also use D2009 and was wondering when this IDE version will
> > be supported.
> >
> > Edmund
>
> D2009 support would be greatly appreciated
>
> cheers, Ron
Thank you for your trust! We must support this version soon.

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/2/2010 9:54:49 AM

You can check it out at:
http://www.devjet.net/?p=304

--
Baoquan Zuo (Paul)
DevJET Software
Simplify and Boost your Delphi Development.
http://www.DevJET.net
0
Baoquan
12/3/2010 9:35:34 AM
Nick Hodges wrote:

> My one feature request would be for the XML to be formattable and
> more "human readable".
>
> For instance, I'd like this:
>
> /// <summary>My description of the feature</summary>
>
> to be this:
>
> /// <summary>
> ///   My description of the feature
> /// </summary>
>

> For multi-line tag values, it makes things much more readable.

While waiting for this enhancement, you can of course get close by
inserting blank lines at the top and bottom of the text of a section.
This inserts <para> tags, but still looks better IMHO.

Malcolm
12/6/2010 6:34:11 PM
Does this work for C++ code as well?
It looks very interesting.
Pete

<Baoquan Zuo> wrote in message news:309553@forums.embarcadero.com...
>> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
>> Baoquan Zuo wrote:
>>

>> > For more information, please visit:
>> > http://www.devjet.net/products/documentation-insight
>>
>> Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
>> seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
>> my THTMLWriter project.
0
Pete
12/10/2010 5:08:07 PM
In article <309828@forums.embarcadero.com>, Quentin Correll
<qcorrell@pacNObell.net> wrote
>Nick,
>
>| Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
>| seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
>| my THTMLWriter project.
>
>Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
>"special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99 price.
>;-)

Would have sold it to me too.  It certainly looks good, but I missed the
offer - that's what a few days away from reading newsgroups does for you
:(

Waiting for the next special <g>

--
Bob (tightwad) Evans
0
> {quote:title=Robert Evans wrote:}{quote}
> In article <309828@forums.embarcadero.com>, Quentin Correll
> <qcorrell@pacNObell.net> wrote
> >Nick,
> >
> >| Excellent -- this is an outstanding tool.  Can't remember when I've
> >| seen such a useful Delphi plugin.  I'm making extensive use of it for
> >| my THTMLWriter project.
> >
> >Your recommendation sold me...  I just purchased it under the Dec.10
> >"special" pricing. <g>  (I probably wouldn't have paid the $99 price.
> >;-)
>
> Would have sold it to me too.  It certainly looks good, but I missed the
> offer - that's what a few days away from reading newsgroups does for you
> :(
>
> Waiting for the next special <g>

99$ is a bit too much, 50$ is a no brainer. Luckily I didn't miss the special :)

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija

ANN: WPTools 7.15 is now available
WPTools 7 has been designed to be more accessible than previous version of WPTools. We added several new actions to work with the text. You can easily load and save CSS data. A Style scroller makes it easy to implement a good looking and effective GUI. The new manual: http://www.wpcubed.com/ftp2/WPTools7Manual.pdf The upgrade from WPTools 5 or 6 should be very smooth. In most cases you only need to add a few units to the uses clause (WPRTEPlatform, WPRTEEdit, WPRTEDefsConsts) . 1) Many new standard action classes - they already have been set up in the new unit WPDefAction7. All...

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Ann: DUnit2 now supports Delphi XE
I have added support for Delphi XE to DUnit2. Use a subversion client such as TortoiseSVN to get the latest revision: svn co https://dunit2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dunit2/trunk Regards, Jarrod Hollingworth Jarrod Hollingworth wrote: > I have added support for Delphi XE to DUnit2. > > Use a subversion client such as TortoiseSVN to get the latest revision: > > svn co https://dunit2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dunit2/trunk XE users can use File | Open From Version Control... -- Uwe Schuster http://www.bitcommander.de/blog Uwe wrote: > XE us...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

ANN: Pascal Browser 1.7
Peganza Software has released version 1.7 of Pascal Browser, a Windows program that helps Delphi developers to document their source code. In short, Pascal Browser is a Windows application that can: - create a hyperlinked collection of HTML documents for your source code - help you understand and get an overview of your code - assist you in finding errors and anomalies in the source code - let new team members quickly get acquainted with the source code - let you create your own customized documentation Just as its sibling product Pascal Analyzer, Pascal Browser will parse the ...

ANN: FastReport 4.7 with Delphi 2009 support released
Dear friends! Other companies with such change lists release "new major version with upgrade fee" (for example v.11 ;) But we have release it as version 4.7 - upgrade for all users of FastReport 4.* - free! What is new? + CodeGear RAD Studio (Delphi/C++Builder) 2009 support + [enterprise] enchanced error description in logs + added properties TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentBegin: TStrings, TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentBody: TStrings, TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentEnd: TStrings + improved RTF export (with line spacing, vertical gap etc) + added support of Enhanced Metafil...

[...]

ANN: HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon, Plans Delphi 2009 Support
HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon Full Text Search, Plans Delphi 2009 Support by April Tamarack Associates is pleased to announce that HREF Tools Corp. has acquired the development and marketing rights to the Rubicon 2 Full Text Search Engine library of Delphi components. The Rubicon search engine was first released in 1996 and quickly became the leading search engine for Delphi and C++ Builder developers. Rubicon components are used in a wide range of applications created by firms ranging in size from independent developers to Fortune 500 companies. Tamarack Associates has a l...

ANN: Insights into Gnostice XtremeDocumentStudio Delphi
Insights into Gnostice XtremeDocumentStudio Delphi [#1] Document Viewing -------------------------------------------------- In these series of articles we'll get some insights into XtremeDocumentStudio for Delphi, the new multi-format document processing technology from Gnostice. Today we'll look at some aspects of the document viewing capabilities. === What we want to accomplish === 1. View PDF, DOCX, TIFF (multi-page & single-page), PNG, JPEG and other image files in my application. 2. Handle page navigation, zooming and page rotation. === How it works === Th...

Ann: ESBPCS for VCL v6.1
We just released ESBPCS for VCL v6.1 as well as updates to the subsets: ESBPCS-Calcs for VCL, ESBPCS-Dates for VCL, ESBPCS-Lite for VCL and ESBPCS-Stats for VCL. This is a free upgrade for registered owners. The main feature of this upgrade is support for the newly released Embarcadero RAD Studio XE3 - so this adds support for Delphi XE3 VCL/Win32 and VCL/Win64; and C++ Builder XE3 VCL/Win32. Updated Trial versions are also availabe :) More info at: http://www.esbconsult.com/esbpcs ESBPCS for VCL (ESB Professional Computation Suite provides a huge collection of Routines and ...

Ann: ESBPCS for VCL v6.5
*ESB Consultancy* is pleased to announce the latest release of our huge collection of components and routines aimed at making Data Entry and Manipulation easier for the Developer and their clients: *ESBPCS for VCL v6.5*. We have also released v6.5 of the various subsets: *ESBPCS-Lite for VCL*, *ESBPCS-Calcs for VCL*, *ESBPCS-Dates for VCL* and *ESBPCS-Stats for VCL*. This is a free upgrade for owners of *ESBPCS for VCL*. Please check out the Trial Version and other info at: http://www.esbconsult.com/esbpcs ESBPCS for VCL is a collection of over 6000 routines/methods and over 235 cl...

Web resources about - ANN: Documentation Insight Ships! (Support Delphi 7 Now) - embarcadero.delphi.tools

GNU Free Documentation License - Wikipedia
La GNU Free Documentation License ( GNU FDL ) è una licenza di copyleft per contenuti liberi , creata dalla Free Software Foundation per il progetto ...

Facebook Tweaks Documentation For Developers
Facebook continued its focus on developers with its release Thursday of improved documentation for FQL and the software-development kits for ...

Documentation for building software with Facebook - APIs, SDKs and Services
Learn how to integrate with Facebook's APIs and developer tools to drive growth and engagement to your app, website or content.

Facebook shares new documentation for local currency pricing, sets migration for Q3
Facebook today provided updates regarding its transition from Credits to local currency pricing. The company offered new documentation for game ...

Emergent Documentation: One way that Agile is very different from Waterfall.
(from a 2012 email) One of the questions I always get around the use of Agile is, how do you do the documentation? Many people are very uncomfortable ...

BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store on ...
Get BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Documentation in Software Development
There is currently a trend to produce “just enough” documentation in software development. We should however not forgot that what we might estimate ...

The Documentation Dilemma
Back when 37signals was consulting, we gradually weaned ourselves off of documentation. It’s normal practice in the design world to produce lots ...

Apple publishes OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Core Technologies Overview documentation
A new developer document posted to Apple’s website today details the technologies that power OS X Mavericks. The 36-page document includes information ...

Facebook Releases ThreatExchange API Documentation
... information about malware and other security threats, and the social network announced Friday that the application-programming-interface documentation ...