ANN: Critical Update to Castalia, Time-Saving Tools for Delphi Developers

I've just released Castalia 2012.1.1 (http://www.twodesk.com/castalia),
a bugfix update that fixes two bugs, one of them critical:

* Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway,
memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie parser
thread.

* Fixed: A syntax error is incorrectly identified for an array member
of a constant field declaration.

Castalia users with a current subscription can download Castalia
2012.1.1 at http://subscribe.twodesk.com.

Everyone else can give it a try at
http://www.twodesk.com/castalia/freetrial.html

--Jacob Thurman
0
Jacob

Jacob Thurman wrote:

> * Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway,
> memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie parser
> thread.

When you say it like that, it actually sounds pretty cool :-)

> Everyone else can give it a try at
> http://www.twodesk.com/castalia/freetrial.html

Trying to get the office to buy me a copy.
0
Tom
2/14/2012 4:45:25 PM
Tom Corey wrote:

> Jacob Thurman wrote:
>
> > * Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway,
> > memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie parser
> > thread.
>
> When you say it like that, it actually sounds pretty cool :-)

As bugs go, it really was a fun one. I plan on writing a blog post with
some details soon.

--Jacob
0
Jacob
2/14/2012 5:19:05 PM
Jacob Thurman wrote:

>* Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway,
>memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie parser
>thread.

Are you able to tell how long this issue has been present?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nicholas Ring

15/02/2012 4:31:00 PM

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.341  [Portable ISpell]
0
Nicholas
2/15/2012 5:37:21 AM
> > * Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway,
> > memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie parser
> > thread.
>
> Are you able to tell how long this issue has been present?

I'm not sure exactly when I wrote the code that caused, but I do
remember writing it. So it's been in there for a while.

Keep in mind that it took a very specific confluence of conditions to
cause it, and it however long it's been since it was created, last week
was the first time someone had reported it, so it was a pretty rare
encounter.

That said, if it sounds like something you may have encountered
previously, I'd love to hear whether this is also a fix for what you
may have experienced.

--Jacob
0
Jacob
2/15/2012 6:10:29 PM
Jacob Thurman wrote:

>> > * Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway,
>> > memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie
>>parser  > thread.
>>
>> Are you able to tell how long this issue has been present?
>
>I'm not sure exactly when I wrote the code that caused, but I do
>remember writing it. So it's been in there for a while.
>
>Keep in mind that it took a very specific confluence of conditions to
>cause it, and it however long it's been since it was created, last
>week was the first time someone had reported it, so it was a pretty
>rare encounter.
>
>That said, if it sounds like something you may have encountered
>previously, I'd love to hear whether this is also a fix for what you
>may have experienced.

I think I did encountered when viewing Delphi XE2 System.pas file. In
the end, I disabled Delphi parser which seemed to stop the crashing.

I have installed the new version and re-enabled the Delphi parser and
it seems to be all good now.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nicholas Ring

16/02/2012 8:21:13 AM

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.341  [Portable ISpell]
0
Nicholas
2/15/2012 9:33:04 PM
> I have installed the new version and re-enabled the Delphi parser and
> it seems to be all good now.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it.

--Jacob
0
Jacob

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

ANN: Castalia 2014.2
I've just released a new version of my smart coding tools for Delphi programmers, Castalia 2014.2. Castalia 2014.2 is a bugfix release that addresses two issues: * Fixed: "Synchronize Prototypes" doesn't handle constructors or destructors well * Fixed: Syntax error highlighting can get "behind" by a keystroke under some circumstances Users with a current maintenance subscription can download Castalia 2014.2 at https://subscribe.twodesk.com Everyone else can try Castalia for free at http://www.twodesk.com/castalia/freetrial.html --Jacob Thurman ...

Is Delphi the right tool for SAAS application development?
Hello, I need to convert my client server application (ERP using Oracle database) to a SAAS application. Using Delphi I can reuse some of my old Pascal code. What are the pros and cons compared to Ruby on Rails and similar tools? What is your preferred tool for such a task? Thanks in advance On 2011-06-29 07:20:19 -0400, lior ilan <lior-ilan@winint.com> said: > I need to convert my client server application (ERP using Oracle database) > to a SAAS application. By this, I assume you mean delivered via the Internet, using a web browser as the end-user interface? &...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Microsoft Office Outlook Tool: Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook
Brief Description This tool adjusts Microsoft Office Outlook calendar items when there has been a change in time zone definitions (saved in Microsoft Windows) or if the user is making a permanent move to another time zone. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

ANN: DelphiDay.com
Hello, I'm glad to announce new Delphi site - www.delphiday.com Every day we offer Delphi tool or library with good discount. DelphiDay Team > {quote:title=Delphi Day wrote:}{quote} > I'm glad to announce new Delphi site - www.delphiday.com > Every day we offer Delphi tool or library with good discount. Very good too see the concept for Delphi tools and library. A couple of suggestions based on my experience with BitsDuJour for example. First a remaining hours counter is really useful to know how much time is left for the current sale. Also a list of upcoming ...

Where can I find tools for Behaviour Driven Development for Delphi? [Edit]
Hi All, I said in an earlier thread I am currently maintaining a legacy Delphi 5 application whilst being trained in C#, although I would much prefer to stay working with Delphi if I had the chance. One of the C# teams at work is looking at using Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and one of the new team members has extensive experience of this and is teaching us. I like the idea and I am looking for tools to use BDD with Delphi. I already have DUnit installed and have been slowly increasing the number of unit tests we have for the legacy product - guided by Michael Feathers (workin...

Ann: Architecture/dependency management tool, Structure101, supports Delphi [Edit]
If you have a need to either better understand your "architecture", better communicate it to the team or just want to refactor it so its easier to understand, maintain and extend you might like to try Structure101 and Restructure101. Both are JOLT award-winning products and have been around for a number of years in the Java and .Net domains. We have just added support for Delphi. You will need a copy of either ModelMaker from http://www.modelmakertools.com/ or Understand from http://www.scitools.com to parse your Delphi code. Once you have installed Structure101 or Restruc...

ANN: Celebrate CS Ed Week and save $60 on Castalia for Delphi
http://www.twodesk.com/castalia This week (December 9-15, 2013), has been designated as Computer Science Education Week. There's a great website at www.csedweek.org (and a similar one at www.code.org) that's encouraging everyone "from 6 to 106" to spend an hour "writing code." So, first thing's first: I'm sure all you Delphi programmers are going to spend way more than an hour writing code this week, so let's celebrate in a different way. Instead of 60 minutes of cute programming games, I'm offering $60 off of Castalia Pro or Castalia Sui...

ANN: FixInsight 2015.02upd1 is available
[FixInsight|http://sourceoddity.com/fixinsight/] is a static analyzer that automatically detects source code issues in your Delphi applications. Visit website to learn more http://sourceoddity.com/fixinsight/ What's new in 2015.02upd1 * Introduced new command line parameters: --defines and --output * Fixed exception on clicking "Cancel" in progress dialog * Fixed AV on running analysis when no project is selected * "Cannot load package 'FixInsight_xxx.' It contains unit 'MSXML2_TLB'..." issue fixed. * Improved rule W513 * Improved...

ANN: HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon, Plans Delphi 2009 Support
HREF Tools Acquires Rubicon Full Text Search, Plans Delphi 2009 Support by April Tamarack Associates is pleased to announce that HREF Tools Corp. has acquired the development and marketing rights to the Rubicon 2 Full Text Search Engine library of Delphi components. The Rubicon search engine was first released in 1996 and quickly became the leading search engine for Delphi and C++ Builder developers. Rubicon components are used in a wide range of applications created by firms ranging in size from independent developers to Fortune 500 companies. Tamarack Associates has a l...

ANN: Localizer 4.0.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.0.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder . Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: properties of components on forms, resource string constants, VCL messages and messages from third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support fo additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of the projec...

ANN: Localizer 4.1.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.1.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder . Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: properties of components on forms, resource string constants, VCL messages and messages from third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support fo additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of t...

Web resources about - ANN: Critical Update to Castalia, Time-Saving Tools for Delphi Developers - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Daylight saving time in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Daylight saving time in the United States was first observed in 1918. Most areas of the United States currently observe daylight saving time ...

Daylight saving time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As modern societies operate on the basis of " standard time " rather than solar time , most people's schedules are not governed by the movements ...

How Did Facebook Users Respond To ‘Springing Ahead’ For Daylight Saving Time?
What effect does daylight saving time have on Facebook users? According to a study of anonymized, aggregated user data from the social network ...

The Hacks of Life: Ultimate List of Tips & Tricks for Time and Money Saving Shortcuts on the App Store ...
Get The Hacks of Life: Ultimate List of Tips & Tricks for Time and Money Saving Shortcuts on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

Saving Time - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Time is what prevents everything from happening at once. ~John Archibald Wheeler Texture by Distressed Jewell

Real Time with Bill Maher: Saving Christmas (HBO) - YouTube
Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1B In his editorial New Rule, Bill Maher presents his three-point plan to rehabilitate ...

Queensland Optus mobile phones change to daylight saving time
Queensland Optus customers had a rude shock on Wednesday morning after their mobile phones clicked over to daylight saving time.

Four time-saving tips for qualifying your leads
Don’t let potential customers, clients and contacts waste your precious time with needless meetings and phone calls. Make sure they’re worth ...

Daylight saving time shift increases health risks
Time shift increases workplace accidents and heart attack risk.

Sun sets on Daylight Savings Time in Queensland
The Queensland Plan delegates have spoken.