ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3 are now available with the support for Delphi 2009!

Dear Friends!

We are happy to announce the first public beta release of Context Database
Designer & Database Extensions v.3.02.
This version introduces several major improvements over version 2 including
full support for Delphi 2009.

Context Database Designer Improvements:

  - User Interface is redesigned to provide modal-less way of viewing and
changing database object properties (Object Properties window);
  - Added customizable template-based documentation generation wizard;
  - Greatly improved schema comparison tool;
  - Greatly improved schema searching/management tool;
  - Greatly improved schema importing capabilities;
  - Redesigned database connection management facility;
  - All database objects including tables and views can be setup to produce
  or not produce SQL, allowing to keep them in "design" mode;
  - Added ability to open several SQL consoles for the same database connection;
  - Added syntax database engine-specific syntax highlighting to all script windows;
  - Views can now be added to the diagrams in the same way as tables,
  including view columns and relationships;
  - Added object assistant window (part of Database Schema Tree View )
  allowing to quickly lookup objects found in scripts or diagrams;
  - Added support for Elevate DB 2 and Nexus 3;
  - Improved support for Oracle, including complete reverse engineering;
  - and more.

Context Database Extensions Improvements:

  - Views are now stored in the same collection with tables and have all
of the table's properties, including fields, indexes, foreign keys, etc.
  - Added components for disconnected mode:

    - TCtxDataContainer - small in-memory data storage, with build-in
   transactional and referential integrity;
    - TCtxDataSet - in-memory dataset, accessing data from TCtxDataContainer;
    - TCtxDataCommand - simple, generic, parametrized SQL command, which is
   implemented by each particular data provider;
    - TCtxDataAdapter - a collection of TCtxDataCommands, implementing
   generic multi-table CRUD paradigm;
    - TCtxCommandBuilder - virtualized infrastructure for editing data
   commands in design- and run-time.

  - Added SystemTableName which allows to have several independent schemas
within a single database.

Both products are immediately available for download at:
   http://www.contextsoft.com/products/ctxdbext/downloads.jsp
   http://www.contextsoft.com/products/dbdesign/downloads.jsp

Users, how has purchased Context Database Extensions within 90 days will
automatically be upgraded to version 3.0.

Preorder your copy of Database Designer and Extensions now at:
   http://www.contextsoft.com/products/ctxdbext/ordering.jsp
   http://www.contextsoft.com/products/dbdesign/ordering.jsp

New prices will be in effect upon final release, which is scheduled
around the end of July.

--
Sincerely,
Michael Baytalsky

> {quote:title=Michael Baytalsky wrote:}{quote}
> Dear Friends!
>
> We are happy to announce the first public beta release of Context Database
> Designer & Database Extensions v.3.02.
> This version introduces several major improvements over version 2 including
> full support for Delphi 2009.

Argh! Looks like a nice product. I was looking at this tool and Happy Fish 2-3 months ago and decided to go with Happy Fish because numerous requests for when and if version 3 was coming to market went unanswered in the forum. Context was my first choice though. Well, good to see it's alive and kicking.
0
Kyle
7/15/2009 9:52:23 PM
Support postgres Sql ?

<Kyle Miller> wrote in message news:138031@forums.codegear.com...
>> {quote:title=Michael Baytalsky wrote:}{quote}
>> Dear Friends!
>>
>> We are happy to announce the first public beta release of Context
>> Database
>> Designer & Database Extensions v.3.02.
>> This version introduces several major improvements over version 2
>> including
>> full support for Delphi 2009.
>
> Argh! Looks like a nice product. I was looking at this tool and Happy Fish
> 2-3 months ago and decided to go with Happy Fish because numerous requests
> for when and if version 3 was coming to market went unanswered in the
> forum. Context was my first choice though. Well, good to see it's alive
> and kicking.
0
Chan
7/16/2009 7:54:02 AM
Chan Chi Keung wrote:
> Support postgres Sql ?
Not yet, but it's not a problem in one of the next minor releases.

Sincerely,
Michael
0
Michael
7/16/2009 10:36:49 AM
Kyle,

>> We are happy to announce the first public beta release of Context Database
>> Designer & Database Extensions v.3.02.
>> This version introduces several major improvements over version 2 including
>> full support for Delphi 2009.
>
> Argh! Looks like a nice product. I was looking at this tool and Happy Fish
> 2-3 months ago and decided to go with Happy Fish because numerous requests
> for when and if version 3 was coming to market went unanswered in the forum.
> Context was my first choice though. Well, good to see it's alive and kicking.
I'd be a shame to loose a customer for us and not using a tool of choice for you
;). May I offer you a competitive upgrade?

Sincerely,
Michael
0
Michael
7/16/2009 10:56:36 AM
Hello!

I find another reasonable price ER designer.http://www.devgems.com.

Rex Chan

"Michael Baytalsky" <mike@contextsoft.com> wrote in message
> Chan Chi Keung wrote:
>> Support postgres Sql ?
> Not yet, but it's not a problem in one of the next minor releases.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael
0
Chan
7/17/2009 3:22:48 AM
> I find another reasonable price ER designer.http://www.devgems.com.

That's not en ER designer, that's a database designer.

--
With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
0
Martijn
7/17/2009 6:53:02 AM
> {quote:title=Michael Baytalsky wrote:}{quote}
> I'd be a shame to loose a customer for us and not using a tool of choice for you
> ;). May I offer you a competitive upgrade?
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael

Thanks Michael. I sent you a PM.
0
Kyle

ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3 are now available with support for Delphi 2009!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer & Database Extensions v. 3.03. This version is a release candidate and introduces many improvements and bug fixes: Improvements ~~~~~~~~~~~~ #597 Show object class icon instead of class name in the diagram tabs. #598 Change icons for objects in editor to the standard ones (without the arrows). #599 Added option to the object editor grid: Tab (Shift-Tab) moves to next column in grid. #600 Added description colum to the object editor for table's fields. #601 Added Schema Statistics modal ...

Re: ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3 are now available withsupport for Delphi 2009!
Ad cancelled. Per the newsgroup rules, you may promote your product in the thirdparty groups only. -Craig (moderator) -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ Sorry about that, this was not intentionally, just hit the wrong button. Michael Craig Stuntz wrote: > Ad cancelled. Per the newsgroup rules, you may promote your product in > the thirdparty groups only. > > -Craig (moderator) > ...

ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3.30 (with XE3 support) is now available
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.30. This version introduces several improvements and bug fixes: ----------------------------------------------------------- #875. Fixed problem with MSSQL varchar(max). #876. Fixed bug foreign key constraint names in MSSQL reverse engineering. #877. Fixed access violation when copying table structure from one schema to the other. #878. Added support for MSSQL 2008 (database profile). #879. Database Designer no longer locks the diagram (dsd) file while working. #880. Added warning when sor...

ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3.27 with XE2 support is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer & Extensions Suite v.3.27 with support of Delphi XE2. This version introduces several improvements and bug fixes: ----------------------------------------------------------- #841. Added support fro Delphi XE2 #842. Added pragma support to SQL Lexer. #843. Fixed bug with creating a NoCase index in DBISAM 4. #844. Fixed bug with generating foreign keys to "external" tables. #845. Fixed import of INTEGER fields in Oracle profile. #846. Added ASSERT pragma to SQL scripts. Usage: -- ## A...

ANN: Context Database Extensions Suite v.3.05 with support of Delphi 2010 is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Extensions Suite v.3.05. This version introduces several improvements and bug fixes: ----------------------------------------------------------- #667. Added support for Delphi 2010. #681. Fixed some minor bugs in TDatabaseSchema and TDBSchemaTester components. #684. Fixed bug with SQLLexer going into infinite loop under Delphi 2009/2001 due to Unicode problems. The product is immediately available for download at: - http://www.contextsoft.com/products/ctxdbext/downloads.jsp Order your copy of Co...

ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3.04 (release!) is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the release of Context Database Designer v.3.04. This version introduces several improvements and bug fixes: ----------------------------------------------------------- #632. Fixed bug in Schema Importing Tools - database profile must be setup correctly before reverse engineering. #633. Fixed bug when changing database profile. Consistency test was still being performed with the old profile. #634. Object Assistant was not synchronizing when uncollapsing. #635. When adding relationships the field's flags are not updated on diagram. #636...

ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions Suite v.3.18 now supports RAD Studio XE!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer & Extensions Suite v.3.18, which adds support for RAD Studio XE! Context Database Designer provides full cycle of database schema design and maintenance, including: - creating of tables, relations views and stored procedures; - drawing of sophisticated and professional looking diagrams; - maintaining the history of changes made to the database schema; - comparing any two versions of any two schemas or physical databases; - connecting to physical databases via a variety of customizable ...

ANN: Context Database Designer v.3.08 with PostgreSQL support is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.08. This version introduces several improvements: ----------------------------------------------------------- #710. Added support for PostgreSQL 8! #711. Added Query Builder to SQL Console window. #712. Added groupping by Engine or Adapter to the DB Connections panel. #713. Improved Name Templates, added ability for use custom table properties in the format of table item's names (such as fields, indexes, checks, triggers). The product is immediately available for download at: - http...

ANN: Context Database Designer v.3.16 is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.16. Context Database Designer provides full cycle of database schema design and maintenance, including: - creating of tables, relations views and stored procedures; - drawing of sophisticated and professional looking diagrams; - maintaining the history of changes made to the database schema; - comparing any two versions of any two schemas or physical databases; - connecting to physical databases via a variety of customizable adapters; - reverse engineering physical databases as well ...

ANN: Context Database Designer v.3.12 is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.12. This version introduces several improvements and bug fixes: ----------------------------------------------------------- #742. Fixed bug with not updating the list of Categories in the popup for table/view objects. #743. Fixed bug in the Relationship editor - AutoName checkbox was not setting the modification flag. #744. Fixed bug in Oracle profile - index fields not generated when index is renamed. #745. Fixed bug in Oracle profile - wrong order of table and foreign key deletion. The...

ANN: Context Database Designer v.3.15 is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.15. Context Database Designer provides full cycle of database schema design and maintenance, including: - creating of tables, relations views and stored procedures; - drawing of sophisticated and professional looking diagrams; - maintaining the history of changes made to the database schema; - comparing any two versions of any two schemas or physical databases; - connecting to physical databases via a variety of customizable adapters; - reverse engineering physical databases as well ...

ANN: Context Database Designer v.3.14 is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.14. Context Database Designer provides full cycle of database schema design and maintenance, including: - creating of tables, relations views and stored procedures; - drawing of sophisticated and professional looking diagrams; - maintaining the history of changes made to the database schema; - comparing any two versions of any two schemas or physical databases; - connecting to physical databases via a variety of customizable adapters; - reverse engineering physical databases as well ...

ANN: Context Database Designer v.3.06 is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.06. This version introduces several improvements and bug fixes: ----------------------------------------------------------- #686. Improved SQL DDL parser allowing to skip eoln-terminated statements (e.g. pragma PROMPT in Oracle). #687. Added option to select a script delimiter (in case it differs from the default) when importing SQL script. #688. Adjusted Oracle profile (improved support for sequences and tablespaces). #689. Fixed bug with saving changes to the current object before savin...

ANN: Context Database Designer v.3.07 is now available!
Dear Friends, We are happy to announce the new release of Context Database Designer v.3.07. This version introduces several improvements and bug fixes: ----------------------------------------------------------- #702. Added support for expression indexes. Added expression editor with syntax highlighter to the Index property dialog. #703. Added support for Unix and Mac line break formats. #704. Added support for TIMESTAMP and TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE field types to the Oracle profile. #705. Added support for expression indexes to the Oracle profile. #706. Fixed bug with primar...

Web resources about - ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3 are now available with the support for Delphi 2009! - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Google Chrome extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to build the extensions which requires different code and skills for each extension. Extensions can be created through use of web technologies ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Browser extensions help avoid online spoilers
There are at least two extensions for Google's Chrome browser that will help you stay away from spoilers for the new film.

Feds defend request for right-to-die time extension
The Liberal government is telling the Supreme Court of Canada that those pushing for speedy implementation of right-to-die policies are naive ...

Skype iPhone & iPad app gets improved sharing with iOS extension
... if you’re unfamiliar: The updated Skype app for iPhone and iPad is available on the App Store. Filed under: Apps Tagged: App Store , extension ...

Obscura Camera 2.0 introduces Photos edit extension and improved photo browser
... launch on iOS. Obscura 2.0 sees the addition of a couple of notable features and the introduction of a new pricing model. Photos edit extension ...

HC.Gov extension to 12/17
... in comments over the past day about what to do if you were stuck in Healthcare.gov . I thought there was a good chance of a 1 to 3 day extension ...

Rwandans approve extension of Presidential term
Rwandans voted overwhelmingly to support changes to the constitution that would allow President Paul Kagame to extend his term in office, possibly ...

Solar & Wind Tax Credit Extensions Big Boost To Solar & Wind Growth
... Returns Support to Wind and Solar After many long months of deliberations and lobbying, the US Congress has approved a five-year extension to ...

‘Dance Moms’ Star Abby Lee Miller Threatens Exit From Upcoming Season; Seeks Extension In Legal Battle ...
The Dance Moms host seems to be fighting two different wars on two separate fronts, both of which could possibly see Abby Lee Miller on TV a ...

US extension of solar investment tax credit expected to decrease US PV installation capacity in 2016
The US senate has decided to extend solar investment tax credit for five years and this is expected to result in reductions in US PV installation ...