ANN: Application Virtualization for Delphi Developers

Hello all,

Application Virtualization is not only virtual machines, exe packers and so on. Application Virtualization is also what a programer needs sometimes:

 * How to load a DLL from memory without using a temporary file?
 * How to use ActiveX control without registering it in the system registry?
 * How to launch EXE without extracting the file to disk?
 * How to pass a data from a database (network etc.) to a 3rd party library that is able to load data from a file only (e.g., Flash ActiveX)?
 * How to create a portable application?

BoxedApp SDK is a solution of such tasks. The SDK is the only SDK for Windows that provides a rich set of functions to create a virtual files / directories and virtual registry entries.

Just a simple example. Want to use an ActiveX but don't want to register it in the registry? No problems, just call BoxedAppSDK_RegisterCOMLibraryInVirtualRegistry('SomeActiveX.ocx'), and that's all. Of course, the real registry is not modified; all changes are saved within the virtual registry.

You can read about another functions here:
http://boxedapp.com/boxedappsdk/help/

Many samples in Delphi is available:
http://boxedapp.com/boxedappsdk/download.html

Want to get news about BoxedApp project? Just follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/boxedapp

New articles, tips and tricks on our blog:
http://boxedapp.com/blog/

Problems? Questions? Write us:
http://boxedapp.com/support.html

Have something to share with our community? Welcome to our forum:
http://boxedapp.com/forum/

Of course, BoxedApp supports Delphi, but also it does support: C++, C#, VB.Net, VB6, both x86 and x64 environments, all Windows from Windows 2000 to Windows 7 are supported.

There is an OBJ file to link BoxedApp SDK statically to a delphi project (all Delphi versions are supported).

Thank you!
0
Artem

<Artem Razin> wrote in message news:239413@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Hello all,
>
> Application Virtualization is not only virtual machines, exe packers and
> so on. Application Virtualization is also what a programer needs
> sometimes:
>
> * How to load a DLL from memory without using a temporary file?
> * How to use ActiveX control without registering it in the system
> registry?
> * How to launch EXE without extracting the file to disk?
> * How to pass a data from a database (network etc.) to a 3rd party library
> that is able to load data from a file only (e.g., Flash ActiveX)?
> * How to create a portable application?
>
> BoxedApp SDK is a solution of such tasks. The SDK is the only SDK for
> Windows that provides a rich set of functions to create a virtual files /
> directories and virtual registry entries.
>
> Just a simple example. Want to use an ActiveX but don't want to register
> it in the registry? No problems, just call
> BoxedAppSDK_RegisterCOMLibraryInVirtualRegistry('SomeActiveX.ocx'), and
> that's all. Of course, the real registry is not modified; all changes are
> saved within the virtual registry.

hmm...sounds very interesting! thanks :)

cheers,
Paul
0
Paul

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Is Delphi the right tool for SAAS application development?
Hello, I need to convert my client server application (ERP using Oracle database) to a SAAS application. Using Delphi I can reuse some of my old Pascal code. What are the pros and cons compared to Ruby on Rails and similar tools? What is your preferred tool for such a task? Thanks in advance On 2011-06-29 07:20:19 -0400, lior ilan <lior-ilan@winint.com> said: > I need to convert my client server application (ERP using Oracle database) > to a SAAS application. By this, I assume you mean delivered via the Internet, using a web browser as the end-user interface? &...

ANN: Critical Update to Castalia, Time-Saving Tools for Delphi Developers
I've just released Castalia 2012.1.1 (http://www.twodesk.com/castalia), a bugfix update that fixes two bugs, one of them critical: * Fixed: Certain syntax error conditions can cause a runaway, memory-leaking, stack consuming, infinitely recursive zombie parser thread. * Fixed: A syntax error is incorrectly identified for an array member of a constant field declaration. Castalia users with a current subscription can download Castalia 2012.1.1 at http://subscribe.twodesk.com. Everyone else can give it a try at http://www.twodesk.com/castalia/freetrial.html --Jacob Thurma...

ANN: Article "Developing Delphi applications with SQLite and AnyDAC"
Dear Sir or Madam, The DA-SOFT Technologies company (http://www.da-soft.com) have published the article "Developing Delphi applications with SQLite and AnyDAC": http://www.da-soft.com/blogs/developing-delphi-applications-with-sqlite-and-anydac.html "The SQLite driver of AnyDAC for Delphi rounds off the DA-SOFT offering of the AnyDAC by adding an in-house solution for the embedded Delphi database applications, in contrast to other supported DBMS's, which may require purchasing, downloading, installing and configuring." The article provides as a decision...

ANN: Localizer 4.6.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.6.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for Embarcadero Delphi or C++ Builder. Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: component properties, resource string constants, VCL messages and the messages from the third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support for additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of the project even by your end users. Localiz...

ANN: Localizer 4.3.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.3.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder. Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: component properties, resource string constants, VCL messages and the messages from the third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support fo additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of the p...

ANN: Localizer 4.1.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.1.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder . Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: properties of components on forms, resource string constants, VCL messages and messages from third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support fo additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of t...

ANN: Localizer 4.0.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.0.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder . Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: properties of components on forms, resource string constants, VCL messages and messages from third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support fo additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of the projec...

ANN: Localizer 3.8.1
Hello, We are glad to announce Localizer 3.8.1 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder . Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: properties of components on forms, resource string constants, VCL messages and messages from third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support fo additional language(s) can be added without recompil...

ANN: Localizer 4.1.0
We are glad to announce Localizer 4.1.0 release. Localizer is a localization/globalization tool kit for applications written in CodeGear (Borland) Delphi or C++ Builder . Using it you can get one executable file that supports as many languages as you want. Localizer can process all string resources in your project: properties of components on forms, resource string constants, VCL messages and messages from third-party packages. You can also change size and position of the controls in different languages. Support for additional language(s) can be added without recompilation of the proje...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Any where to offer services as Delphi/Delphi for PHP freelance developer?
Hi, I'm a freelance Software Engineer. One of many that in current difficult days, is pushing for self-employment... offering services as Business Analyst and Developer, using Delphi, Delphi for PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL. Any where in this forum or other you might know where to offer these services to the world? Thank you, Guillermo Guillermo, The Delphi for PHP forum does have For Hire and Wanted For Hire sections if you haven't seen those yet: http://forums.delphi-php.net/ Thanks. -Phil > {quote:title=Guillermo Najar wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I&#...

ANN: My Delphi success story (15 years Delphi anniversary) ...
While most people associate this date with the St. Valentine, I have been associating it with Delphi since I found out that the first Delphi version was released on February 14th 1995. So ... this February 14th, Delphi will be officially 15 years old! On this ocasion, I wanted to invite everyone who has a Delphi success story to share it with the World! To start, here is my Delphi success story ... Since the first day I've started using Delphi (D1 on Win95 in 1995), I fell in love with this tool. It was the perfect continuation of the Pascal language and provided a sli...

Web resources about - ANN: Application Virtualization for Delphi Developers - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Desktop Virtualization Hour
... Silver, this online discussion will highlight real stories and insights of how IT is empowering their users through Microsoft Desktop Virtualization ...

Virtualization.com
News and insights from the vibrant world of virtualization and cloud computing

Virtualization Conference & Expo Cloud Computing Untitled Document Untitled Document Untitled Document ...
Cloud Computing Virtualization cuts across just about all that you might find in the today's data center: to one degree or another, clients, ...

Virtualization.net - Cloud Computing Technology - News - Forums - Videos - Support
Virtualization and cloud computing technology resource for news, forums, blog, training tutorials and whitepaper guides. Free support for server, ...

Open Virtualization - ARM TrustZone Open Source Software Project
The Open Virtualization Project enables ODMs to integrate ARM TrustZone software into their devices. The Open Virtualization source code has ...

x86 virtualization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , x86 virtualization refers to hardware virtualization for the x86 architecture . It allows multiple operating systems to simultaneously ...

Server Virtualization information, news and tips - SearchServerVirtualization.com
Register now to receive SearchServerVirtualization.com-related news, tips and more, delivered to your inbox.

Virtual-Strategy Magazine - Your leading source for virtualization news
Virtual Strategy Magazine is an online publication devoted entirely to virtualization technologies.

The Virtualization & Cloud Computing Group
An exclusive group for Virtualization & Cloud Computing professionals to network and discuss industry related topics such as Virtualisation, ...

VMworld 2009: Virtualization, controversy and eating your own dog food
VMworld, one of the industry's biggest virtualization conferences and VMware's home turf, was hosted this week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. ...