vcljpg to vclimg, packages and Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2010 compatibility

Hello, everybody.

I have a package A which has vcljpg in its "requires" clause. I have
another several packages B, C, D, E, etc which has A in theirs
"requires" clauses. All packages are both Delphi 2006 and Delphi 2010
compatible. The problem is that there is no vcljpg package in Delphi
2010 and in order to compile the whole bunch of packages I have to
change vcljpg to vclimg and compile. Unfortunately it renders the whole
set of packages incompilable under Delphi 2006.

Is there a way to create an alias for vclimg or vcljpg in order to get
the same code compilable under both versions of Delphi?
1
Andrew
10/15/2010 3:05:46 PM
embarcadero.delphi.rtl 934 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Andrew Fionik wrote:

> Hello, everybody.
>
> I have a package A which has vcljpg in its "requires" clause. I have
> another several packages B, C, D, E, etc which has A in theirs
> "requires" clauses. All packages are both Delphi 2006 and Delphi 2010
> compatible.

Their *source* may be compatible, but the binaries definitely are not.
To maintain both versions on the same PC you would need to use
different package names, at least for the BPLs. Do you use the
LibVersion setting in the project options for that? I don't know
whether D2006 already had that feature, though.

> The problem is that there is no vcljpg package in Delphi
> 2010 and in order to compile the whole bunch of packages I have to
> change vcljpg to vclimg and compile. Unfortunately it renders the
> whole set of packages incompilable under Delphi 2006.

Use conditional compilation in the DPK file to include the correct
package in the Requires clause depending on compiler version.

requires
   ...some package names
   {$IFDEF UNICODE}
    vclimg,
   {$ELSE}
    vcljpg,
   {$ENDIF}
   ...more package names

The project manager may be unhappy about this type of change, but you
should be able to build the packages anyway.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4? ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4 #2
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. +Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4?+ ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010
We have decided to move up some applications running under Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. However, I was surprise to see that simply recompiling the application causes the application to be much slower than version 7. We have a lot of string transformation routines, some mathematical transformations, etc. When I mean slower, I mean up to two times slower than with Delphi 7, so it not a minor difference. (The EXE is also a lot bigger but I don't worry too much about that). Is there something I can do to obtain the same kind of speed I had in Delphi 7 but with Delphi 2010? ...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Pchar for PansiChar
hello, I use a DLL developed in D7 and not have the same sources. I will use Delphi 2010 and the functions do not work function TkmInitialize(LOGXMLDIR: PChar; TkmByExt: dWord): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmCreateStream(FileName: PChar; Var Stream: dWord; Var Error: dWord): PChar; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmLogEnd(Stream: dWord; MediaDuration, MediaPosition, MediaType: dWord; MediaName: PChar): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmIsTkm(FileName: PChar): Bool; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dl...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Web resources about - vcljpg to vclimg, packages and Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2010 compatibility - embarcadero.delphi.rtl

Astrological compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Ubisoft CEO Talks Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - IGN News - YouTube
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has branded the ability to play your Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One as "very good news". Read more here: http:/ ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Xbox One finally finds its feet with backwards compatibility, games-focused dashboard
... snappy video game system. On Friday Microsoft began rolling out the biggest software update yet to its Xbox One console, adding backwards compatibility ...

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Apple releases Mac Wi-Fi Update 1.0 improving 5GHz band compatibility
... Mac Wi-Fi Update 1.0. The 1.49MB update, recommended for all late 2012 Mac systems, according to the folks in Cupertino, improve the compatibility ...