Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files? #2

Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder.
How can we import these files into an application?

In RAD Studio, each .idl file has an associated .h file in the /include folder. So C++ Builder users can import these type libraries. There must be a way for the Delphi users to do the same. But how???????

Unfortunately the Help files don't provide any clue!

Can you help??
0
lcd877
11/18/2009 7:45:10 AM
embarcadero.delphi.rtl 934 articles. 0 followers. Follow

{quote:title=lcd877 lcd877 wrote:}
Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder.
How can we import these files into an application?

In RAD Studio, each .idl file has an associated .h file in the /include folder. So C++ Builder users can import these type libraries. There must be a way for the Delphi users to do the same. But how???????

Unfortunately the Help files don't provide any clue!{quote}

Aren't those only for C++ Builder? In Delphi you can import TypeLibraries yourself so there is no need to use the IDL files.
Which IDL file would you want to use?
0
Martijn
11/18/2009 8:55:03 AM
> {quote:title=Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:}{quote}
> {quote:title=lcd877 lcd877 wrote:}
> Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder.
> How can we import these files into an application?
>
> In RAD Studio, each .idl file has an associated .h file in the /include folder. So C++ Builder users can import these type libraries. There must be a way for the Delphi users to do the same. But how???????
>
> Unfortunately the Help files don't provide any clue!{quote}
>
> Aren't those only for C++ Builder? In Delphi you can import TypeLibraries yourself so there is no need to use the IDL files.
> Which IDL file would you want to use?

I am trying to use ShObjIdl.idl

It can not be imported using Component..Import Component...Import a Type Library because it is not a registered type library.
0
lcd877
11/18/2009 11:47:51 AM
> I am trying to use ShObjIdl.idl
>
> It can not be imported using Component..Import Component...Import a Type
> Library because it is not a registered type library.

Use ShlObj unit in your uses clause.

--
francois.piette@overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be
> {quote:title=Francois Piette (OverByte) wrote:}{quote}
> > I am trying to use ShObjIdl.idl
> >
> > It can not be imported using Component..Import Component...Import a Type
> > Library because it is not a registered type library.
>
> Use ShlObj unit in your uses clause.
>
> --
> francois.piette@overbyte.be
> The author of the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
> The author of the freeware Internet Component Suite (ICS)
> http://www.overbyte.be

Thank you very much !!!
-  Alexander
0
lcd877
11/18/2009 4:16:15 PM
On 18.11.2009 08:45, lcd877 lcd877 wrote:
> Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder.
> How can we import these files into an application?

you can convert the idl files into a tlb-file.
you can use the "midl" tool from the windows sdk for that.
tlb-files can imported with "any" delphi version.
0
bernd

Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files?
Delphi 2010 ships many IDL files under the folder Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\include\idl I searched the online help, but found no clue how to convert .IDL into the .TLB format, so that I can import the type library. I tried gentlb.exe, but it didn't work. Matt Hall Hi Matt, > I searched the online help, but found no clue how to convert .IDL into the .TLB format, so that I can import the type library. Since Delphi 2009, the Type Library doesn't work with TLB files anymore, but instead with .ridl files (Reduced IDL files). You can also find some imported typ...

converting delphi interface files to c++ header files?
Good day all If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never worked with Delphi. I have a project in c++ that uses a bunch of dll-s written in delphi. Those dll.s came with a bunch of .INT files, who are aparently pascal(delphi) interface files. Now. Is there a way to convert them to something remotely looking like c++ header files? Thank you very much Best regards > {quote:title=Luka Sostar wrote:}{quote} > Good day all > > If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never work...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010! #2
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

How to convert 256x256 ICO file to BMP in Delphi 2010?
Hi, I would like to convert an ICO file (icon size 256x256) to BMP file. I get EOutOfResources exception in the line: "Bitmap.Width := Icon.Width;" Is it not possible? Regards Eric Procedure ConvertIcoToBmpTest; var Icon : TIcon; Bitmap : TBitmap; begin Icon := TIcon.Create; try Bitmap := TBitmap.Create; try Icon.LoadFromFile('c:\temp\bigicon.ico') ; Bitmap.Width := Icon.Width; Bitmap.Height := Icon.Height; Bitmap.Canvas.Draw(0, 0, Icon ) ; Bitmap.SaveToFile('c:\temp\bigicon.bmp') ; ...

ANN: Single File System v.2.70: delphi virtual single-file system
AidAim Software is pleased to announce Single File System v.2.70, a virual file system for Delphi / C++ Builder within the single OS file. New features were added. Some bugs have been fixed. You can read details about the changes being made on our site: http://www.aidaim.com/info/news.php Single File System (SFS) provides an easy way to work with multiple files and folders stored as a part of a single file using advanced compression and encryption functionality. This solution encapsulates small but powerful file system within a single file. The mechanism of SFS includes some a...

ANN: Single File System v.2.70: delphi virtual single-file system
AidAim Software is pleased to announce Single File System v.2.70, a virual file system for Delphi / C++ Builder within the single OS file. New features were added. Some bugs have been fixed. You can read details about the changes being made on our site: http://www.aidaim.com/info/news.php Single File System (SFS) provides an easy way to work with multiple files and folders stored as a part of a single file using advanced compression and encryption functionality. This solution encapsulates small but powerful file system within a single file. The mechanism of SFS includes some...

Icon example for "How to convert 256x256 ICO file to BMP in Delphi 2010? "
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_40524.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello Remy, it is sample icon for previewing purposes only. I have found the icon on virtuallnk dot com. Regards Eric --JivePart=_40524.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/zip; name="Icon256.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Icon256.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAMRhOTT2vb9vqlICAKbJCwA...

How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help" #2
I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ? Thanks in Advance Richard It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 I shall do some more searching first, before closing this thread. My MOTTO is never say never ! Hello Richard, Richard Caruana wrote: > It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 The compone...

Delphi 2010
*Upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010* (as of February 1, 2010) I bought a new computer in December and decided to upgrade from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010. Here are some lessons learned related to the Delphi upgrade, which I hope will make a similar transition easier for others. I still have an insurmountable problem with the speed of the IDE (#13 below). As background, my old system had 3 GB of RAM, 40GB of unused disk, a 3.8 GHz CPU, and ran under Windows XP. My new system has 12 GB of RAM, 770GB of unused disk, a quad core 2.67 GHz CPU, and runs under Win7 Home Edition. ...

Delphi 2010
I have never been able to successfully create and maintain a project in Delphi 2010. We are still using Delphi 2007. I am trying again and getting an intermettent error: [DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file "ReviewCompany.dfm". this does not happen all of the time. Just sometimes and not always the same file -- but always a .dfm file? Why?? > {quote:title=Edward Malloy wrote:}{quote} > I have never been able to successfully create and maintain a project in Delphi 2010. We are still using Delphi 2007. I am trying again and getting an intermettent error: [DCC E...

Editing .DCR File With Delphi 2010
I'm using D2010 (Pro) and adding a few extra components to an existing package, and for completeness's sake it would be good to be able to add new icons for them to the .DCR file. I suspect I'm missing something obvious here, but how does one go about editing such a file with D2010? In earlier versions of Delphi there was an editor available on the tools menu but I can't find one now, and scanning the bin directory hasn't turned up anything useful-looking. TIA for any help! On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:47:47 +0100, Ian Kirk wrote: > I'm using D2010 (Pro) and a...

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4 #2
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. +Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4?+ ...

Delphi 2010 Help file behaviour
I am having some issues with the help system for Delphi 2010. If I try to get context help for something e.g. if I put the cursor on TImage and hit F1 I get a topic that is not related at all to TImage. Or if I try to look up something like a dynamic array I get a Visual Basic topic. It's gotten to the point where if I need help on a VCL component I try the Delphi 5 help first. Is anyone having issues like this or is it just me? This is a fresh install of 2010 with all available updates applied. Thanks. > {quote:title=chris harvey wrote:}{quote} > I am having some issues with...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files? #2 - embarcadero.delphi.rtl

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.