Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files?

Delphi 2010 ships many IDL files under the folder Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\include\idl

I searched the online help, but found no clue how to convert .IDL into the .TLB format, so that I can import the type library.

I tried gentlb.exe, but it didn't work.

Matt Hall
0
Matt
9/6/2009 12:09:57 PM
embarcadero.delphi.rtl 934 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Matt,

> I searched the online help, but found no clue how to convert .IDL into the .TLB format, so that I can import the type library.

Since Delphi 2009, the Type Library doesn't work with TLB files anymore,
but instead with .ridl files (Reduced IDL files).

You can also find some imported type libraries (as .dcu files) in the
RAD Studio\7.0\Imports directory, if that's what you are looking for?

> Matt Hall

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/6/2009 2:33:58 PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information.

I couldn't find the pas/dcu file for mlang under the Imports folder.

I was looking for  the .PAS file for mlang.idl

Does Delphi provide any tool to generate .pas files from .idl?  If not, for what purpose Embarcadero ships these IDL files with Delphi 2010?

Thank you.

Matt

> {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Matt,
>
> > I searched the online help, but found no clue how to convert .IDL into the .TLB format, so that I can import the type library.
>
> Since Delphi 2009, the Type Library doesn't work with TLB files anymore,
> but instead with .ridl files (Reduced IDL files).
>
> You can also find some imported type libraries (as .dcu files) in the
> RAD Studio\7.0\Imports directory, if that's what you are looking for?
>
> > Matt Hall
>
> Groetjes,
>            Bob Swart
>
> --
> Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
> CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
> Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
> Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
> Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Matt
9/6/2009 4:03:36 PM
On 06.09.2009 14:09, Matt J wrote:
> convert .IDL into the .TLB format

Hi Matt,

you can use the "midl" tool from the windows sdk to convert idl files to tlb.

but be warned not everything is converted/imported.
I used the tool for the ribbonui.idl

best regards
0
bernd
12/18/2009 5:24:26 PM
I saw MLang header and demo of use here:

http://www.webdelphi.ru/2010/02/mlang-v-delphi-rabota-s-kodirovkami-web-stranic/

and here:

http://transl-gunsmoker.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-post_3589.html

Pages are in russian, but there are links to download pas-files. You can use auto-translator tool too.
0
Alexander

Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files? #2
Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder. How can we import these files into an application? In RAD Studio, each .idl file has an associated .h file in the /include folder. So C++ Builder users can import these type libraries. There must be a way for the Delphi users to do the same. But how??????? Unfortunately the Help files don't provide any clue! Can you help?? {quote:title=lcd877 lcd877 wrote:} Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder. How can we import these files into an application? In RAD Studio, each .idl file has an ...

converting delphi interface files to c++ header files?
Good day all If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never worked with Delphi. I have a project in c++ that uses a bunch of dll-s written in delphi. Those dll.s came with a bunch of .INT files, who are aparently pascal(delphi) interface files. Now. Is there a way to convert them to something remotely looking like c++ header files? Thank you very much Best regards > {quote:title=Luka Sostar wrote:}{quote} > Good day all > > If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never work...

How to convert 256x256 ICO file to BMP in Delphi 2010?
Hi, I would like to convert an ICO file (icon size 256x256) to BMP file. I get EOutOfResources exception in the line: "Bitmap.Width := Icon.Width;" Is it not possible? Regards Eric Procedure ConvertIcoToBmpTest; var Icon : TIcon; Bitmap : TBitmap; begin Icon := TIcon.Create; try Bitmap := TBitmap.Create; try Icon.LoadFromFile('c:\temp\bigicon.ico') ; Bitmap.Width := Icon.Width; Bitmap.Height := Icon.Height; Bitmap.Canvas.Draw(0, 0, Icon ) ; Bitmap.SaveToFile('c:\temp\bigicon.bmp') ; ...

Icon example for "How to convert 256x256 ICO file to BMP in Delphi 2010? "
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_40524.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello Remy, it is sample icon for previewing purposes only. I have found the icon on virtuallnk dot com. Regards Eric --JivePart=_40524.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/zip; name="Icon256.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Icon256.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAMRhOTT2vb9vqlICAKbJCwA...

Delphi 2010
*Upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010* (as of February 1, 2010) I bought a new computer in December and decided to upgrade from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010. Here are some lessons learned related to the Delphi upgrade, which I hope will make a similar transition easier for others. I still have an insurmountable problem with the speed of the IDE (#13 below). As background, my old system had 3 GB of RAM, 40GB of unused disk, a 3.8 GHz CPU, and ran under Windows XP. My new system has 12 GB of RAM, 770GB of unused disk, a quad core 2.67 GHz CPU, and runs under Win7 Home Edition. ...

Delphi 2010 Help file behaviour
I am having some issues with the help system for Delphi 2010. If I try to get context help for something e.g. if I put the cursor on TImage and hit F1 I get a topic that is not related at all to TImage. Or if I try to look up something like a dynamic array I get a Visual Basic topic. It's gotten to the point where if I need help on a VCL component I try the Delphi 5 help first. Is anyone having issues like this or is it just me? This is a fresh install of 2010 with all available updates applied. Thanks. > {quote:title=chris harvey wrote:}{quote} > I am having some issues with...

Delphi 2010
I have never been able to successfully create and maintain a project in Delphi 2010. We are still using Delphi 2007. I am trying again and getting an intermettent error: [DCC Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file "ReviewCompany.dfm". this does not happen all of the time. Just sometimes and not always the same file -- but always a .dfm file? Why?? > {quote:title=Edward Malloy wrote:}{quote} > I have never been able to successfully create and maintain a project in Delphi 2010. We are still using Delphi 2007. I am trying again and getting an intermettent error: [DCC E...

Editing .DCR File With Delphi 2010
I'm using D2010 (Pro) and adding a few extra components to an existing package, and for completeness's sake it would be good to be able to add new icons for them to the .DCR file. I suspect I'm missing something obvious here, but how does one go about editing such a file with D2010? In earlier versions of Delphi there was an editor available on the tools menu but I can't find one now, and scanning the bin directory hasn't turned up anything useful-looking. TIA for any help! On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:47:47 +0100, Ian Kirk wrote: > I'm using D2010 (Pro) and a...

to file:// or not to file://
(Firefox 1.5.0.6) I'm having trouble with HTML Anchors (links) using the file: protocol. The URL I'm trying to get at looks something like this file://///Host.Domain/Share/Dir1/Dir2/File.Ext If I click on the link, /nothing/ happens but, if I "Copy Link Location" and paste exactly the same thing into the "address bar" in FireFox, FireFox is perfectly happy to show me the file. Why the difference? Am I tripping over some security restriction here? Any suggestions? TIA, Phill W. Phill W. wrote: > (Firefox 1.5.0.6) > I'm ...

I need help:File CodeGear.Delphi.Targets dammaged in Delphi X2
Hello My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets was dammaged. Delphi open but I can not compile anything. other files recovered but Windows Backup Center does no save this filetype .Targets (pay attention!) Can someone send my privatelly this file or say me where I can download it. It's Delphi X2 update 4 I tried delphi X2 repair but it gives me error Thank you. Joan Galí GTV Barcelona-Europe Solved reinstalling Delphi. El 30/06/2014 13:51, Joan Gali ha escrit: > Hello > My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targe...

I need help:File CodeGear.Delphi.Targets dammaged in Delphi X2
Hello My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets was dammaged. Delphi open but I can not compile anything. other files recovered but Windows Backup Center does no save this filetype .Targets (pay attention!) Can someone send my privatelly this file or say me where I can download it. It's Delphi X2 update 4 I tried delphi X2 repair but it gives me error Thank you. Joan Galí GTV Barcelona-Europe Solved reinstalling Delphi. El 30/06/2014 13:51, Joan Gali ha escrit: > Hello > My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files? - embarcadero.delphi.rtl

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

Ford patents rear wheel that converts into a unicycle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ford , Green Driving , Motorcycle , Electric Ford is thinking about allowing drivers to remove a rear ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...