TChart v4 XY axis

Using D7Ent, TChart V4.

I've a TDBChart that includes a single line series.  The data is taken
from polled serial port, and comes at unequal intervals. That is, the X
axis data may have values like 0, 30, 45, 90, 150 ... ( time in
milliseconds ).

When enough data is collected, the vertical grid is nicely laid out in a
linear fashion. When I zoom in to just a few points, the vertical grid
lines are aligned with the data points - and thus the grid is rather
non-linear...

Is there a way to ensure that the grid lines are painted in a linear
fashion - that is, every (n) milliseconds - and NOT through individual
points?

TIA.

EdB
0
Edward

Hi EdB,

"Edward Blanchard" <edwardbNONO@NONOsgci.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to ensure that the grid lines are painted in a linear
> fashion - that is, every (n) milliseconds - and NOT through individual
> points?

Yes, you can set bottom axis increment to one millisecond:

  DBChart1.BottomAxis.Increment := DateTimeStep[dtOneMillisecond];

Or this:

  DBChart1.BottomAxis.Increment := 1.0/(1000.0*86400.0);

Hope this helps!

--
Best Regards,

Narcís Calvet
Steema Support Central
http://support.steema.com

"Important note: If you are a TeeChart registered customer, please post your
support questions at Steema's Support monitored Forums for customers:
http://support.steema.com  for a prompter reply."
0
Narcis
3/13/2009 11:24:32 AM
"Narcis Calvet" <support@steema.com> wrote in message
> Hi EdB,
>
> "Edward Blanchard" <edwardbNONO@NONOsgci.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Is there a way to ensure that the grid lines are painted in a linear
> > fashion - that is, every (n) milliseconds - and NOT through
individual
> > points?
>
> Yes, you can set bottom axis increment to one millisecond:
>
>   DBChart1.BottomAxis.Increment := DateTimeStep[dtOneMillisecond];
>
> Or this:
>
>   DBChart1.BottomAxis.Increment := 1.0/(1000.0*86400.0);
>
> Hope this helps!

It's a good start! <g>

The x-axis data is not actually TDateTime - it is just a number from 0
to nnn representing the ms of duration (the rolling sum of the interval
between data polling).

I tried:
(btn click event to reset from automatic after loading)
 with dbcht1 do begin
  bottomAxis.Automatic := false;
  bottomAxis.AutomaticMaximum := false;
  bottomAxis.AutomaticMinimum := false;
  BottomAxis.Minimum:=0;
  BottomAxis.Maximum:=77000; // sample size for test
  BottomAxis.Increment := 1;
  end;

And when I zoom in such that only a few points are visible on screen, I
still get the grid lines painted at the actual point locations - which
are NOT at a regular interval.

Note - I'm not showing points.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

TIA.

--
EdB
0

> And when I zoom in such that only a few points are visible on screen, I
> still get the grid lines painted at the actual point locations - which
> are NOT at a regular interval.

You could try changing LabelStyle:

  Chart1.BottomAxis.LabelStyle:=talValue;

--
Best Regards,

Narcís Calvet
Steema Support Central
http://support.steema.com

"Important note: If you are a TeeChart registered customer, please post your
support questions at Steema's Support monitored Forums for customers:
http://support.steema.com  for a prompter reply."
0
Narcis

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

Delphi report
Hello, Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and Freereport ? Thank you Dear Mike Thomas! Also you can use internal in Delphi Rave Reports :) Or use non-free report generators like FastReport (price starts from $79). Try to find free/chipper but better... "Mike Thomas" wrote: news:169748@forums.codegear.com... > Hello, > > Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and > Freereport ? > > Thank you -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com Fast Repor...

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

Report from Delphi Conference
Hi, today I attended in the Delphi Conference 2011, that happened in Sao Paulo, Brazil. In the event we had the presence of David I, Andreano Lanusse, Jim Tierney and Embarcadero Staff. And more than 700 developers! As expected the main point was Delphi XE2 and Fire Monkey (that’s why I’m posting here). Many presentations ware related to the new platforms supported: Win64, Mac and iOS. There was no new big facts or roadmaps in this Conference. But David I enforced during his keynote that the Embarcadero developers are working hard to provide soon more components to allow better usage of ...

Your advice on reporting with Delphi?
I wanted to evaluate Delphi 2009 Enterprise, but I cannot as most of our projects contain Quickreports and up to now we used QR Standard. I tried Ravereports earlier this year but... no resources on the nevrona website... outdated manuals... charting very difficult to achieve compared to QR... I got the impression Rave Reps is a immature black box and in no way a replacement for the tightly integrated Quickreport components. What we need is - the abilitly to create reports completely at runtime, including db-charting and - the ability to derive our own reporting components ...

Axis limits in a TChart
The axis limits are normally calculated automatically in a TChart. How can I set them myself? Pier Hi Pier, > {quote:title=Pier Nardin wrote:}{quote} > The axis limits are normally calculated automatically in a TChart. How can I > set them myself? You can use the axis SetMinMax(min, max) method. I'd suggest you to take look at the tutorials: http://wiki.teechart.net/index.php?title=VCLTutorial4 -- Best Regards Yeray Alonso Steema Support Central Follow us in [url=http://twitter.com/SteemaSoftware]Twitter[/url] and [url=https://www.facebook.com/SteemaSoft...

Article about delphi reporting
Dear friends! I have met interesting article today. I not agree with something (about FastReport) but - very interesting. For all Delphi programmers recommend: http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/2010/06/smells-like-team-spirit-nevrona-rave.html -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com CEO Fast Reports - reporting must be Fast! http://www.fast-report.com Michael, thanks for the link! :-) Thomas Pfister (in the meantime a FR4-customer <g>) ________________________________________ This mail was sent using 100% recycled elec...

Delphi 2005 and TChart
I am using Delphi 2005 with the TChart component that comes with it. I am setting up a graph with a y axis max and min values of 255 and 0 respectively. When my line series has a y axis value of the min or max, then the line doesn't seem to visible in the graph. How can I make the line values show up when line series takes values of the min or max? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi Shannon, You can try using MinimumOffset and MaximumOffset as shown here: http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6725&p=25976&hilit=minimumoffset#p25976 Ho...

Report Control (report viewer and report designer)
Hi there! ive looked over the forums and other websites that you referred but i dont have any luck for reports. i created a page that has simple data-entry, aside from that, i do want to have a printable report on what are the items i have added this day. i am using a report designer (rdlc) and a report viewer, which is in a aspx page. ive explored how it works for a simple select statement but i want to know how it will work for parameter passing. a referral for a tutorial website for the report viewer and report designer is very much appreciated. or if you want to share your...

TChart. Automatic axis when zoom
When I'm performing zoom of my TChart instance (by mouse) I want LeftAxis.Maximum and Minimum to change according current zoom window. So I've set Chart.LeftAxis.Automatic = true, and Chart.Zoom.Direction = tzdHorizontal. But when I'm zooming chart by left mouse button, the chart is zooming by X (BottomAxis), but automatic LeftAxis.Maximum and Minimum are still leave as for whole chart, not for current zoom window. So if I zoom function Y=X by 100 times, I can see 1/100 part of chart and Y scale is 100 ti mes greater than visible data. How to do so that LeftAxis.Maximum and Minimu...

Web resources about - TChart v4 XY axis - embarcadero.delphi.reporting