Rave Reports 9 BE with Delphi XE problem

Hello, not sure if anyone has found out this possible issue or not.  I am trying to upgrade a Delphi 2007 Intraweb application to use the most recent version of Intraweb and I am using Delphi XE to do this. I managed to get so far but when testing the reporting in the application it would just hang and eventually give an out of memory error message.

I have tracked this down to a memo on the rave report that has tabs in it, so it is quite easy to get around by avoiding using tabs.  However I tested to see if this problem would also arise if some of the database fields also had tabs in them, and indeed it also fails by doing this as well.  This causes me issues as I can not guarantee that tabs will not be used in some of the database fields.

This issue appears to be easy to re-create. Just create a new Rave Report and put a memo text on the page.  Set the text to be something with a tab in it and then try and preview the report.  You will need to paste the text with the tab from notepad or the like as Rave Report will not allow the tab directly in the application.  Try and execute the report and it will generate page 1 and then start to generate page 2 where it will just hang.

Has anyone else discovered this, and if so, is there a work around with Rave. I am aware of fast reports, and I would like to consider doing this in time, but for compatibility reasons, would like to keep using Rave Reports for the time being.

Cheers
0
David

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Delphi 2010 & rave report Data Type problem
i create a report using rave report. i use adoquery, rvdatasetconnection, and rvproject. on rave designer i can execute the report i already design without any problem. i choose preview and it show the data i want. but when i execute it from runtime, it ask the output option and when choose preview i get error Project project.exe raise exception class ERaveException with message 'Field DataView1:qty. Datatype expected:dtBCD Datatype found: dtInteger'. from the error say i think the data type missmatch, but cannot find where or how to fix it. did i miss something or maybe i di...

Delphi 2010
Hi, I'm using Delphi 2010 and Rave Reports (comes built in, v. 7.7.0). I have been using this couple for 5 months without any problem. In my company i have use two languages, first i use our primary language (Turkish) and when people wants to use another language i changed the specific text and memo values according to their tag value. This approach worked fine till last week. Last week changing the values at runtime stopped work. I don't know why, everything seems ok with the code, i also tried to check changed values, the values seemed to changed but when i execetu reports a...

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

Rave Reports and Delphi 2009
Rave Reports 7.6 starts with *EAccessError in rtl120.bpl* and crashes ???? Edited by: Peter Diekert on Nov 14, 2008 6:08 AM > {quote:title=Peter Diekert wrote:}{quote} > Rave Reports 7.6 starts with *EAccessError in rtl120.bpl* and crashes ???? I'm presuming you saw this post (about 10 below yours): https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=4363&tstart=0 ...

Does Delphi XE3 has Rave reports ?
Guys I have applications has been built by BDS 2006 and I would like to upgrade to XE3 when I did recompile I got errors concerning rave reports .Please If anyone could tell me ,Does Delphi XE3 has Rave reports ?.If no please could you help me to solve the errors which I have got . > {quote:title=Mahroos Ali wrote:}{quote} > Guys I have applications has been built by BDS 2006 and I would like to upgrade to XE3 when I did recompile I got errors concerning rave reports .Please If anyone could tell me ,Does Delphi XE3 has Rave reports ?.If no please could you help me to solve the error...

RAVE Reports and Delphi 2009
I've just upgraded from Delphi 6 and actually, I'm not sure if the upgrade is a good investment. Okay, only got the pro edition, but with the added problems, maybe Delphi 6 was a better option. More importantly, Rave Reports!!! Wow, is this reporting tool just rubbish or what! It's absolute pants. I'm really dissapointed with the quality of it. Though I suppose as it's bundled they'll get their cash whatever the quality of it within Delphi. I'm just hoping SCT Associates get a newer version of Ace Report out v.soon for Delphi 2009. Anyway, RAVE, It doesn't...

Rave Reports 8 and Delphi 2009
Hi All, Was Rave Reports 8 ever released? Are Nevrona Designs still in business? If the answer to both the above is No, can anyone recommend a product with equivalent functionality for code-based reports that supports Delphi 2009? Thanks -Mohamed Dear Mohamed Koker! What about no equivalent but richer functionality? "Mohamed Koker" wrote: news:89272@forums.codegear.com... > Hi All, > > Was Rave Reports 8 ever released? > > Are Nevrona Designs still in business? > > If the answer to both the above is No, can anyone recommend a product...

Erro RAVE REPORTS DELPHI 2010
Estamos com problemas na migração de nossos relatórios do Delphi 7(Rave Reports 5.0.8) para Delphi 2010 (Rave reports 7.7.0). Já convertemos todos nossos relatórios e fontes para delphi 2010. No Rave Reports em alguns relatórios acontece erro de Access Violation ou Invalid typecast quando executado pela segunda vez o mesmo relatório. Na primeira vez ocorre tudo certo. Uma observação é que no delphi 7 o relatório funcionava perfeitamente e está extamente igual no delphi 2010. Podíamos executar várias e várias vezes o re...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Delphi report
Hello, Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and Freereport ? Thank you Dear Mike Thomas! Also you can use internal in Delphi Rave Reports :) Or use non-free report generators like FastReport (price starts from $79). Try to find free/chipper but better... "Mike Thomas" wrote: news:169748@forums.codegear.com... > Hello, > > Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and > Freereport ? > > Thank you -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com Fast Repor...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

Web resources about - Rave Reports 9 BE with Delphi XE problem - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2012-06-04/Special report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Twenty female Wikimedia editors from around the world gathered at the National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from 23–25 ...

Report: Samsung to be Apple’s primary OLED display supplier as it invests up to $7.5B in readiness
... Samsung will become Apple’s primary supplier of OLED display panels, stating that an agreement has “practically been decided.” Samsung is reportedly ...

World athletics was rife with organised 'corruption', WADA report says
The former head of world athletics, Lamine Diack, ran a clique that covered up organised doping and blackmailed athletes while senior officials ...

Intel Reports Q4 FY 2015 Results: Record Revenue For Q4
Today Intel announced their earnings for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2015. The year ended strong, with record revenues of $14.9 billion. ...

'Green News Report'
IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: GNR Special Coverage : President Obama's final State of the Union Address. What he said about climate and energy. What ...