Rave Reports 8 and Delphi 2009

Hi All,

Was Rave Reports 8 ever released?

Are Nevrona Designs still in business?

If the answer to both the above is No, can anyone recommend a product with equivalent functionality for code-based reports that supports Delphi 2009?

Thanks

-Mohamed
0
Mohamed

Dear Mohamed Koker!

What about no equivalent but richer functionality?

"Mohamed Koker" wrote: news:89272@forums.codegear.com...

--
Best regards,
 Michael Philippenko    mailto:michael@fast-report.com

> What about no equivalent but richer functionality?
[Just reading the signature anybody understood what he was speaking of:
http://www.fast-report.com]

How does your exporting now? Is Fast Reports still rendering reports as big
tables in order to achieve RTF files where every page is a single cell in a
table covering the whole RTF fie? So text will not flow over pagebreaks when
eliminating a line in the exported RTF on page 1.

This is was a show stopper for us to use Fast Reports two years ago.

Regards,

Klaus
0
Klaus
3/6/2009 9:19:41 AM
Dear Klaus Edelmann!

Never was such.
Yes, we create "markup style table" for WYSIWYG export, but do not place
prepared report pages to different cells.

We have not "layer-oriented RTF export". More over - we have our own RTF
preprocessor for exporting RTF from report as the RTF (not as the
pictures!).

There are three ways for RTF export - layers, paragpaphs, and tables (the
last one we have use as the most usable for reports).

Did you use our own original export filters?

You can try (and compare RTF export) exe-demo just now:
http://www.fast-report.com/pbc_download/fr4demo.exe

"Klaus Edelmann" <fritzfranz24@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Michael Philippenko" <michael@fast-report.com> wrote
>
>> What about no equivalent but richer functionality?
> [Just reading the signature anybody understood what he was speaking of:
> http://www.fast-report.com]
>
> How does your exporting now? Is Fast Reports still rendering reports as
> big
> tables in order to achieve RTF files where every page is a single cell in
> table covering the whole RTF fie? So text will not flow over pagebreaks
> when
> eliminating a line in the exported RTF on page 1.
>
> This is was a show stopper for us to use Fast Reports two years ago.

--
Best regards,
 Michael Philippenko    mailto:michael@fast-report.com
 Fast Reports - reporting must be Fast!
 http://www.fast-report.com
0
Michael
3/6/2009 12:10:14 PM
Dear Klaus Edelmann!

And one more interesting fact.

>This is was a show stopper for us to use Fast Reports two years ago.

I  have searched  for a person named  "Klaus Edelmann" in our customer's
base.
But  we never had  such a customer.

"Klaus Edelmann" <fritzfranz24@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Michael Philippenko" <michael@fast-report.com> wrote
>
>> What about no equivalent but richer functionality?
> [Just reading the signature anybody understood what he was speaking of:
> http://www.fast-report.com]
>
> How does your exporting now? Is Fast Reports still rendering reports as
> big
> tables in order to achieve RTF files where every page is a single cell in
> table covering the whole RTF fie? So text will not flow over pagebreaks
> when
> eliminating a line in the exported RTF on page 1.
>
> This is was a show stopper for us to use Fast Reports two years ago.

--
Best regards,
 Michael Philippenko    mailto:michael@fast-report.com
 Fast Reports - reporting must be Fast!
 http://www.fast-report.com
0
Michael
3/6/2009 12:24:05 PM
"Michael Philippenko" <michael@fast-report.com> wrote

> And one more interesting fact.
>
>>This is was a show stopper for us to use Fast Reports two years ago.
>
> I  have searched  for a person named  "Klaus Edelmann" in our customer's
> base.
> But  we never had  such a customer.

Yes, this undoubtly correct. Maybe I used the term "show stopper"
incorrectly (sorry if so, I'm german native speaker). What I wanted to say
is that we did not become your customer for the mentioned reason. Before
buying some software we try it. Maybe we missed the various export options.
If so, I apologize for posting here an incorrect statement. I'll give the
demo you posted a link for a try now.

Regards,

Klaus
0
Klaus
3/6/2009 2:46:32 PM
Download a trial version of RB 11 for D2009 and give it a try.

You can create reports via code, the report designer, or a combination of
both. There is an example of creating reports in code in the Developers
Guide installed with the product.

List of What's New for RB 11..

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/rbWiki/General/What's_New/RB_11

Trial Download...

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/download/

Additional How To's can be found on rbWiki...

www.digital-metaphors.com/rbWiki

--
Nard Moseley
Digital Metaphors

We are also considering moving from Rave to some other reporting tool.

Thanks to 2 posters who provided us their products, we'll be trying them out soon. Are there any other solutions for reporting compatibile with D2009?
0
Utf

Rave Reports and Delphi 2009
Rave Reports 7.6 starts with *EAccessError in rtl120.bpl* and crashes ???? Edited by: Peter Diekert on Nov 14, 2008 6:08 AM > {quote:title=Peter Diekert wrote:}{quote} > Rave Reports 7.6 starts with *EAccessError in rtl120.bpl* and crashes ???? I'm presuming you saw this post (about 10 below yours): https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=4363&tstart=0 ...

RAVE Reports and Delphi 2009
I've just upgraded from Delphi 6 and actually, I'm not sure if the upgrade is a good investment. Okay, only got the pro edition, but with the added problems, maybe Delphi 6 was a better option. More importantly, Rave Reports!!! Wow, is this reporting tool just rubbish or what! It's absolute pants. I'm really dissapointed with the quality of it. Though I suppose as it's bundled they'll get their cash whatever the quality of it within Delphi. I'm just hoping SCT Associates get a newer version of Ace Report out v.soon for Delphi 2009. Anyway, RAVE, It doesn't...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

Does Delphi XE3 has Rave reports ?
Guys I have applications has been built by BDS 2006 and I would like to upgrade to XE3 when I did recompile I got errors concerning rave reports .Please If anyone could tell me ,Does Delphi XE3 has Rave reports ?.If no please could you help me to solve the errors which I have got . > {quote:title=Mahroos Ali wrote:}{quote} > Guys I have applications has been built by BDS 2006 and I would like to upgrade to XE3 when I did recompile I got errors concerning rave reports .Please If anyone could tell me ,Does Delphi XE3 has Rave reports ?.If no please could you help me to solve the error...

Delphi 2009 and Crystal Reports XI
Hello @all, I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2009. If anybody is interested - please let me know. Nils > I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2009. > If anybody is interested - please let me know. As it is Delphi and Crystal: I'm interested. What are you patching? The Crystal VCL? You might post your patch to the attachments newsgroup. Gert > {quote:title=Nils Dzubiel wrote:}{quote} > Hello @all, > > I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2...

Erro RAVE REPORTS DELPHI 2010
Estamos com problemas na migração de nossos relatórios do Delphi 7(Rave Reports 5.0.8) para Delphi 2010 (Rave reports 7.7.0). Já convertemos todos nossos relatórios e fontes para delphi 2010. No Rave Reports em alguns relatórios acontece erro de Access Violation ou Invalid typecast quando executado pela segunda vez o mesmo relatório. Na primeira vez ocorre tudo certo. Uma observação é que no delphi 7 o relatório funcionava perfeitamente e está extamente igual no delphi 2010. Podíamos executar várias e várias vezes o re...

Ace reporter in Delphi/Builder 2009
Our company wants migrate our large project to Builder 2009. The problem is that we have hundreds reports in Ace Reporter and no upgrade for it is aviable. Is there any way to get Ace reporter working in 2009 or is there any reporter which can import reports from ace ? Dear Milan Bačík! You can send report templates to "virtual windows printer" and try convertor from XPS (windows printer format) to FastReport: http://fast-report.com/pbc_download/xps_converter.zip "Milan Bačík" wrote: news:105462@forums.codegear.com... > Our company wants migrate...

Delphi report
Hello, Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and Freereport ? Thank you Dear Mike Thomas! Also you can use internal in Delphi Rave Reports :) Or use non-free report generators like FastReport (price starts from $79). Try to find free/chipper but better... "Mike Thomas" wrote: news:169748@forums.codegear.com... > Hello, > > Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and > Freereport ? > > Thank you -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com Fast Repor...

Rave Reports 9 BE with Delphi XE problem
Hello, not sure if anyone has found out this possible issue or not. I am trying to upgrade a Delphi 2007 Intraweb application to use the most recent version of Intraweb and I am using Delphi XE to do this. I managed to get so far but when testing the reporting in the application it would just hang and eventually give an out of memory error message. I have tracked this down to a memo on the rave report that has tabs in it, so it is quite easy to get around by avoiding using tabs. However I tested to see if this problem would also arise if some of the database fields also had tabs in them, ...

Fast Report or Rave Report?
Hello, i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application. While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? Which one is easier to deploy. > {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote} > > While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. > > Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? >...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Web resources about - Rave Reports 8 and Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2012-06-04/Special report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Twenty female Wikimedia editors from around the world gathered at the National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from 23–25 ...

Shorten denies pre-empting union report
OPPOSITION Leader Bill Shorten denies Labor is pre-empting the final report of the royal commission into trade union corruption by proposing ...

Report offers more evidence Apple is moving to OLED iPhone displays
... it looks more and more certain that at least some of Apple's future iPhones will be equipped with AMOLED displays instead of LCDs. A new report ...

Muslims in U.S. report spike in Islamaphobic discrimination
One Muslim-American woman described being spit at while in the car with her 9-month-old daughter

Father of San Bernardino shooter says son supported ISIS, newspaper reports
CNN Father of San Bernardino shooter says son supported ISIS, newspaper reports CNN (CNN) The father of Syed Rizwan Farook told an Italian ...