Fast Report VCL 4 does not install for Delphi XE2 ??

Hi

I downloaded the installation program for Fast reports from the Registered Users download area. However, after running the installation routine - it did not install or register any components into the Delphi IDE (even though the install.txt file says that these will be installed automatically.) The installation I used is called "ID: 28514, FastReport VCL 4 RAD Edition for Delphi and C++Builder XE2".

Is there a bug with the installation  ? Do I have to re-compile the packages and install manually ? What am I missing ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers..
0
Dave

> {quote:title=Paul Slade wrote:}{quote}
> Hi
>
> I downloaded the installation program for Fast reports from the Registered Users download area. However, after running the installation routine - it did not install or register any components into the Delphi IDE (even though the install.txt file says that these will be installed automatically.) The installation I used is called "ID: 28514, FastReport VCL 4 RAD Edition for Delphi and C++Builder XE2".
>
> Is there a bug with the installation  ? Do I have to re-compile the packages and install manually ? What am I missing ?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you run FR installer as administrator?
0
Paul
4/19/2012 5:51:25 PM
> {quote:title=Paul Gursky wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Paul Slade wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi
> >
> > I downloaded the installation program for Fast reports from the Registered Users download area. However, after running the installation routine - it did not install or register any components into the Delphi IDE (even though the install.txt file says that these will be installed automatically.) The installation I used is called "ID: 28514, FastReport VCL 4 RAD Edition for Delphi and C++Builder XE2".
> >
> > Is there a bug with the installation  ? Do I have to re-compile the packages and install manually ? What am I missing ?
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
> >
> Did you run FR installer as administrator?

Hi -
Yes, extracted and ran the file "FR4.D16rad.udp.exe" as Administrator. No packages/components installed at all. Just allowed me to select installation direcory and it installed all packages there. Nothing integrated with IDE though.
0
Dave
4/19/2012 10:20:09 PM
> {quote:title=Paul Slade wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Paul Gursky wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Paul Slade wrote:}{quote}
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I downloaded the installation program for Fast reports from the Registered Users download area. However, after running the installation routine - it did not install or register any components into the Delphi IDE (even though the install.txt file says that these will be installed automatically.) The installation I used is called "ID: 28514, FastReport VCL 4 RAD Edition for Delphi and C++Builder XE2".
> > >
> > > Is there a bug with the installation  ? Do I have to re-compile the packages and install manually ? What am I missing ?
> > >
> > > Any help would be much appreciated.
> > >
> > Did you run FR installer as administrator?
>
> Hi -
> Yes, extracted and ran the file "FR4.D16rad.udp.exe" as Administrator. No packages/components installed at all. Just allowed me to select installation direcory and it installed all packages there. Nothing integrated with IDE though.

Hi again -

Went back to the download area and noticed there are 2 links to Fastreports. Both claim to be for RAD studio Delphi / C++ however, the SECOND link has a delphi-specific  heading whereas the first has a C++ heading.

Some confusion over the names, also the filenames are identical - bit confusing. Sorted now.

UPDATE!
============================================================================================================
Spoke too soon. Seemed to register ok in IDE. Went to try demo  that came with installation, it complained that it could not find a file so I manually added the Final report installation variables to the Library path - Still said it could not find the file.

I thought maybe it did not like the large path ("C:\Program Files(86) Blah blah blah") so I removed the software via theAdd/remove programs in control panel. This did not remove the packages from Delphi which complained when I loaded it. So I had to manually remove these from the Install Packages
area.

Went to re-install to a new location (with a shorter path name and no spaces "C:\FastReports".) All seemed to go ok but when I load Delphi, looks like nothing was installed or registered with the IDE.

Looks like I now have to Scoure the registry to remove all references to Fast reports, reboot and try again. Honestly, fed up with Fast reports already. Really tedious!

Edited by: Paul Slade on Apr 20, 2012 10:04 AM
0
Dave

Web resources about - Fast Report VCL 4 does not install for Delphi XE2 ?? - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

Ted Mack working to install an independent in Joe Hockey's old seat
Ted Mack is plotting the defeat of another Liberal Party candidate in North Sydney.

US gun debate: Schools install anti-shooter barricades to protect students as reform stalls
Every day students at Mentor High School walk into class past a strange looking device hanging on the wall.

You can now try Firefox OS 2.5 on your Android device with a quick APK install
Bored with your current flavor Android, but don’t want to flash a new ROM? You're in luck. Firefox has today released an interesting "Developer ...

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
With iOS 9, it is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time ...

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...