Fast Report or Rave Report?

Hello,

i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application.

While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.

Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?

Which one is easier to deploy.
0
Magnus
1/21/2012 11:06:11 AM
embarcadero.delphi.reporting 487 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
3021 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32

> {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote}
> 
> While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.
> 
> Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?
> 
> Which one is easier to deploy.

I've used both, Rave with D5 way back circa 2003 / 2004, after that and currently Fast Reports. I'm pretty much happy with the latter, the only reporting task I kept in Rave after purchasing FR was a code based report sent to a dot matrix printer. I wouldn't go for Rave.

--  
Best,
Carlos
0
Carlos
1/21/2012 3:07:10 PM
> {quote:title=Carlos Tre wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote}
> > 
> > While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.
> > 
> > Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?
> > 
> > Which one is easier to deploy.
> 
> I've used both, Rave with D5 way back circa 2003 / 2004, after that and currently Fast Reports. I'm pretty much happy with the latter, the only reporting task I kept in Rave after purchasing FR was a code based report sent to a dot matrix printer. I wouldn't go for Rave.
> 
> --  
> Best,
> Carlos

I use Rave because of the Code based aspects (RVSystem component). I find it the best way to create reports.

George
0
George
1/21/2012 5:03:47 PM
Rave Reports is basically only included with XE2 as a courtesy to legacy users. It is no longer supported, and there is only the remotest of chances that it will be picked up again (unfortunately). FR would be the option of choice.

> {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> 
> i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application.
> 
> While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report.
> 
> Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used?
> 
> Which one is easier to deploy.
0
Brent
1/22/2012 6:15:58 PM
Has anyone had any luck ordering from Rave?  I finally got a quote on Rave 8, but it is not supported in XE2 and they are long overdue with a promised Rave 10.  And the fact they are not fixing the web site makes me leary of sending them money.  I guess I'll have to convert to Fast Reports.
0
Gordon
4/5/2012 1:55:02 PM
If you are evaluating options, I invite you to download a trial version of 
ReportBuilder.

Trial download

http://digital-metaphors.com/download/

Product overview

http://digital-metaphors.com/products/

rbWiki

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/rbWiki/


-
Nard Moseley
Digital Metaphors
www.digital-metaphors.com
0
Nard
4/10/2012 9:27:03 PM
Trust me.  Run, don't walk away from Rave.

I've had great results with FastReport.  I've heard positive comments on DevExpress Printing as well as Report Builder, however I can only recommend FastReport.  One nice thing is now you'll have an additional base of customers that get the Embarcadero edition of FR with their IDE's when buying XE2 and I hope it continues forward.

I had upgraded to Rave BEX 7 and was promised a free upgrade to 8.  Two + years later I got an email from this sports company with my 8 upgrade codes. I've heard people saying they want people to fax their credit card #'s to some other fax #.

Frankly, if a company can't take a few hours over the process of the 2-3 years that their website "was recovered from a server crash" to make it working, then obviously, they probably don't have time to support their product.

Lance


> {quote:title=Gordon Niessen wrote:}{quote}
> Has anyone had any luck ordering from Rave?  I finally got a quote on Rave 8, but it is not supported in XE2 and they are long overdue with a promised Rave 10.  And the fact they are not fixing the web site makes me leary of sending them money.  I guess I'll have to convert to Fast Reports.
0
Lance
4/10/2012 10:17:22 PM
Reply: