Delphi 2010 - Rave Report runtime text change problem

Hi,

I'm using Delphi 2010 and Rave Reports (comes built in, v. 7.7.0).

I have been using this couple for 5 months without any problem. In my company i have use two languages, first i use our primary language (Turkish) and when people wants to use another language i changed the specific text and memo values according to their tag value.

This approach worked fine till last week. Last week changing the values at runtime stopped work. I don't know why, everything seems ok with the code, i also tried to check changed values, the values seemed to changed but when i execetu reports all the values changed the their defaults.

Here is my code for changing :

{code}
procedure ProcessRaveReport( APageName : string );  // 'rp411.rp411Page'
var
  myPage : TRavePage;
  myText : TRaveText;
  i, iTag : Integer;
begin

  dm.Rave.Open;
  with dm.Rave.ProjMan do
  begin
    myPage := FindRaveComponent(APageName,nil) as TRavePage;
    if myPage = nil then Exit;
    for i:= 0 to myPage.ComponentCount-1 do
    begin
      if myPage.Components[i] is TComponent then
        iTag := (myPage.Components[i] as TComponent).Tag;

      if (iTag > 0) then
      begin
        if myPage.Components[i] is TRaveText then
        begin
          //ShowMessage((myPage.Components[i] as TRaveText).Text);
          //ShowMessage(getLangIDS((myPage.Components[i] as TRaveText).Tag));
          (myPage.Components[i] as TRaveText).Text := getLangIDS((myPage.Components[i] as TRaveText).Tag);
          //ShowMessage('Sonuc : '+(myPage.Components[i] as TRaveText).Text);
        end
        else if myPage.Components[i] is TRaveMemo then
          (myPage.Components[i] as TRaveMemo).Text := getLangIDS((myPage.Components[i] as TRaveMemo).Tag);
      end;
      //iTag := 0;
    end;
  end;
  dm.Rave.Close;
end;
{code}

You can see my showmessage calls, this messages prove that value changed to new language but at the end i always see the default values.

Is there anyone knows any solution that problem?

Denizhan
0
Utf

Problem solved. Remove the "dm.Rave.Close;" line and it works. With this code i was changing only one instance and close it. After remove the line, the instance i changed become the runtime instance, so my reports changed on the fly at runtime.

Edited by: Denizhan Seçkin on Sep 12, 2010 11:37 PM
0
Utf

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Deinstallation of RAD Studio XE2 demo gives report of problem loading midas.dll in Delphi 2010 :-(
I tried RAD Studio XE2 a while ago, but after test period had ended I deinstalled it completely. Now I get an error message "Error loading MIDAS.DLL" from Delphi 2010 Architect while start of Delphi from BDS 2006 Architect don't give any error messages. How to recover? Checking with Everytung.exe I find there is a midas.dll in windows\system32 that is dated 2.11.2009 432 kB, last accessed 25.1.2012 (not today) and another loaded in D:\users\All Users\Application Data\{5D2A2660-61FD-4FE8-A1DB-7338B81FFFF8}\vclwin32runtimes\598EEE8C\3E6B52DE that is from 19.8...

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi 2010 report tools [Edit]
Hello, I’m looking for Delphi 2010 simple report tools with small bytes “other than quickreport and RTF report’ FREEWARE or very cheap (less than $50.00) tools Please advice Thanks in advance Edited by: Adam Allen on Jun 30, 2010 5:39 AM Dear Adam Allen! Did you read this http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/2010/06/smells-like-team-spirit-nevrona-rave.html ? I do not agree with something (about FastReport :) ) but - very interesting. About your question... Starting price of FastReport is more than $50 - $79 per Basic Edition. FreeReport - you can add support of D2010. It...

Crystal report 2008 in Delphi 2010
Hi there, I’m using Delphi 2010 & Crystal report 2008 vcl in our application. We have changed the version number in ucrpe32.pas file & modified the related files to work with version 2008. But we are getting the following error Error: 538 Error in File Employee.rpt: Parameter has invalid structure size. ‘PrintOptions.GetCopies<PEGetPrintOptions>' Could you please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks & regards, Mary > {quote:title=Mary James wrote:}{quote} > Hi there, > > I’m using Delphi 2010 & Crystal report 2008 vcl in our applicat...

Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE?
I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, but gives me an E2193 error when I try to compile it with Delphi XE Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE? {code} var i : Integer ; R : Double ; dArray : Array[0..24] of Double ; begin .... R := Math.Mean( System.Slice( dArray , i ) ); .... end; {code} Thanks On 30/09/2010 6:07 PM, Wayne Davis wrote: > I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, > but gives me an E2193 error...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Delphi report
Hello, Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and Freereport ? Thank you Dear Mike Thomas! Also you can use internal in Delphi Rave Reports :) Or use non-free report generators like FastReport (price starts from $79). Try to find free/chipper but better... "Mike Thomas" wrote: news:169748@forums.codegear.com... > Hello, > > Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and > Freereport ? > > Thank you -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com Fast Repor...

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

Report Builder or Delphi i think unicode problem
hi, primarily My versions Delphi® 2009 Version 12.0.3210.17555 Trial (Update 1 now) (i try update 2,3,4) report builder 11.06 Mssql 2005 9.0.3042 (Database Lang TURKISH_CI_AS) Template Field TEXT Windows 7 Turkish i create new projct, and placed ado datasets(or sdac) and ppreport and ppPipeline. i set template.format=ftASCII i set template.saveto=stDatabase select template field REPORT_DESIGN (Mssql 2005 TEXT field) Not any sets (tTable.Fields, ppreport.Fields etc.) (I tried by these set ttable.fields memo,widememo,blob,unkown etc.) i try this design time : -open co...

I made three reports though reportviewer. The problem is when I call report A, after that even I call report B, still report A is shown.
Hi, All  I call report B with changing reportpath parameter, but report A is shown. I have 3 reports but even I change reportpath parameter, though the first selected is shown no matter what the report is. Once report C is shown, then even I call report B through reportpath parameter, though it shows still report C. Please help with this and thanks in advance for your help.  Can you please post the code?Sambeet Hi, Thanks for your reply. The code is as follows: As you see, I call 3 diffenrent reports depending on user's choice. Though, o...

Report to Report Navigation problem
when I use "Navigation, Jump to URL" feature to navigate from one report to another, the .Net report service always alto generate the html code as: "TARGET="_top" which navigete the current frame page to the parent page. How can I make it generate the code like "TARGET="_self"? Because I display the report in a frame, and don't want let the report jump out of the frame when I click on the hyperlink. Anybody can help? thanks. This post is just below, they too talk about how to get the report to render in a certiain frame, as well as some discussion on the rc:LinkTarget Parameter that can he...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 - Rave Report runtime text change problem - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Android Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android Runtime ( ART ) is an application runtime environment used by the Android mobile operating system . ART replaces Dalvik , which is the ...

Runtime (@Runtimeapp) on Twitter

Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store on iTunes
Get Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HSA Foundation Launches ‘HSA 1.0 Final’ – Architecture, Programmers Reference and Runtime Specifications ...
... of the hardware, - the HSA Programmers’ Reference Manual for the software ecosystem targeting tools and compiler developers, - the HSA Runtime ...

ART: The Android runtime that will eventually replace Dalvik is in KitKat in preview form
Google has, for all intents and purposes, rewritten Android several times since first launching the platform back in 2008. But there's a part ...

Experimental ART runtime available on new HTC One
Attention smartphone nerds — the new HTC One (M8) includes the option to use the experimental, pre-release ART runtime should you desire to make ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Origin
The team behind the custom ROM, Paranoid Android, has just released a brand new beta. As always, it includes various bug fixes, but this update ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
It was only 3 months ago when we first met the brand new Android Runtime, dubbed ART . In that time it has gained a substantial following by ...

Objective-C Runtime Reference
Describes the data structures and functions of the Objective-C runtime support library.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support
You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.