Delphi 2009 & Crystal XI

Hi 
  I added the crystal vcl . I attempted to open a report with just a text field,
  (No Database Conn)
  
   Crpe.name = cr


   This is my code on a vcl form (On button click)


 Procedure Tform2.button1click(Sender:Tobject);
 Begin
  cr.Clear;
  cr.Printjobs(1);
  cr.ReportName:= 'C:\Temp\Report1.rpt';
  cr.output := toprinter;
  cr.execute;    
End;
End.

When I run this I get a warning popup

         *Error 507*

         *OpenPrintJob <PEOpenPrintJob>*


Please help!!!
0
Andrew
12/30/2008 7:08:21 PM
embarcadero.delphi.reporting 487 articles. 0 followers. Follow

41 Replies
2621 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

I've got the same problem.  Did you find a solution?


> {quote:title=Andrew Bobby wrote:}{quote}
> Hi 
>   I added the crystal vcl . I attempted to open a report with just a text field,
>   (No Database Conn)
>   
>    Crpe.name = cr
> 
> 
>    This is my code on a vcl form (On button click)
> 
> 
>  Procedure Tform2.button1click(Sender:Tobject);
>  Begin
>   cr.Clear;
>   cr.Printjobs(1);
>   cr.ReportName:= 'C:\Temp\Report1.rpt';
>   cr.output := toprinter;
>   cr.execute;    
> End;
> End.
> 
> When I run this I get a warning popup
> 
>          *Error 507*
> 
>          *OpenPrintJob <PEOpenPrintJob>*
> 
> 
> Please help!!!
0
Drew
3/30/2009 10:52:49 PM
> {quote:title=Andrew Bobby wrote:}{quote}
> Hi 
>   I added the crystal vcl . 

Where did you find the VCL for Crystal XI?

Alan
0
Alan
5/1/2009 1:22:54 AM
The CR XI r1 VCL is here:
http://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/products/vcl/crystalvcl11.zip#

To update the VCL to CR XI r2 or CR 2008, see this article:
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80c191b8-6664-2b10-498e-e1295146891f



Ludek
0
Ludek
5/28/2009 7:18:15 PM
Did anyone find a resolution to this problem?  I have Delphi 2009 and Crystal XI with the same problem.

> {quote:title=Zoltek Inc. President wrote:}{quote}
> I've got the same problem.  Did you find a solution?
> 
> 
> > {quote:title=Andrew Bobby wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi 
> >   I added the crystal vcl . I attempted to open a report with just a text field,
> >   (No Database Conn)
> >   
> >    Crpe.name = cr
> > 
> > 
> >    This is my code on a vcl form (On button click)
> > 
> > 
> >  Procedure Tform2.button1click(Sender:Tobject);
> >  Begin
> >   cr.Clear;
> >   cr.Printjobs(1);
> >   cr.ReportName:= 'C:\Temp\Report1.rpt';
> >   cr.output := toprinter;
> >   cr.execute;    
> > End;
> > End.
> > 
> > When I run this I get a warning popup
> > 
> >          *Error 507*
> > 
> >          *OpenPrintJob <PEOpenPrintJob>*
> > 
> > 
> > Please help!!!
0
Kimberly
6/10/2009 5:41:33 PM
Hello,

I ended up fixing this by converting the Crystal reports vcl files to use AnsiString, AnsiChar, etc instead of String, Char, etc.  Now reports work.

Kimberly
0
Kimberly
6/11/2009 12:34:40 PM
> {quote:title=Kimberly Erickson wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> 
> I ended up fixing this by converting the Crystal reports vcl files to use AnsiString, AnsiChar, etc instead of String, Char, etc.  Now reports work.
> 
> Kimberly

Hi Kimberly

How did you exactly do this?

Replaced all instances of string with ansistring in all the .pas files or what?

Would really like to get this working.

Kind Regards

Edited by: Heine Mann on Aug 12, 2009 11:59 PM
0
Heine
8/13/2009 6:59:48 AM
> {quote:title=Kimberly Erickson wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> 
> I ended up fixing this by converting the Crystal reports vcl files to use AnsiString, AnsiChar, etc instead of String, Char, etc.  Now reports work.
> 
> Kimberly

Any chance you'd be willing to share your updated source code?
0
Alan
8/18/2009 12:47:55 PM
I have the same problem, can you please send this vcl to me?

Thank you very much,

Sandro.

email: sandroadad@terra.com.br




> {quote:title=Kimberly Erickson wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> 
> I ended up fixing this by converting the Crystal reports vcl files to use AnsiString, AnsiChar, etc instead of String, Char, etc.  Now reports work.
> 
> Kimberly
0
Sandro
9/4/2009 12:09:16 PM
> {quote:title=Kimberly Erickson wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> 
> I ended up fixing this by converting the Crystal reports vcl files to use AnsiString, AnsiChar, etc instead of String, Char, etc.  Now reports work.
> 
> Kimberly

Hi Kimberly

How to fixed the VCL, please tell step by step for fixed this VCL

Thank's
Suga
0
Suga
9/7/2009 4:21:42 AM
> {quote:title=Kimberly Erickson wrote:}{quote}
> I ended up fixing this by converting the Crystal reports vcl files to use AnsiString, AnsiChar, etc instead of String, Char, etc.  Now reports work.

Indeed, I am now doing the same thing for Crystal Reports XI R2. After some research I found out that Crystal Reports 2008 cannot be used this way because it no longer supports COM/RDM. No matter what I tried, I could not load the library crpe32.dll. Detail: cpre32.dll version 11.x is 8 MB while the version 12.x is just over 1 MB so stuff got moved/removed. 

So one step back to Crystal Reports XI.

I actually have the Print working just fine now. The trick is that the API expects PAnsiChar, and Delphi2009 interprets the PChar in the VCL as a PWideChar (unicode). Before I continue converting the VCL to use AnsiChar, does anyone know if the crpe32.dll perhaps also supports Unicode calls?

For example: In CRDynamic.pas, function PEGetHandleString uses 'PEGetHandleString', based on PAnsiChar. But is there a 'PEGetHandleStringW' to use with PWideChar????? That would be sweet :)

(To bad Embarcadero switched to Rave Reports without providing the engineers a way to move their already designed Crystal Reports to Rave so I'll just have to keep Crystal going for a few years...)

Regards, 

Steven Somer
0
Steven
9/11/2009 8:16:42 AM
> {quote:title=Ludek Uher wrote:}{quote}
> The CR XI r1 VCL is here:
> http://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/products/vcl/crystalvcl11.zip#
> 
> To update the VCL to CR XI r2 or CR 2008, see this article:
> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80c191b8-6664-2b10-498e-e1295146891f
> Ludek

This didn't help as much as I'd hoped. The problem is that I'd already had a working copy of the vcl above that runs in d2007 vs crXI, but get errors rebuilding it to work in d2009
(and assuming d2010).

In UCrpe32.pas

  case ReportOptions.convertDateTimeType of
    PE_RPTOPT_CVTDATETIMETOSTR : FConvertDateTimeType := ToString;

throws this error
[DCC Error] UCrpe32.pas(15692): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TCrDateTimeType' and 'string'

FConvertDateTimeType              : TCrDateTimeType;
TCrDateTimeType = (ToString, ToDate, ToDateTime);

All that said, can you post some of the code you have that works with d2009 on?
0
Scott
9/22/2009 6:58:27 PM
> {quote:title=Scott Stanek wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Ludek Uher wrote:}{quote}
> > The CR XI r1 VCL is here:
> > http://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/products/vcl/crystalvcl11.zip#
> > 
> > To update the VCL to CR XI r2 or CR 2008, see this article:
> > https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80c191b8-6664-2b10-498e-e1295146891f
> > Ludek
> 
> This didn't help as much as I'd hoped. The problem is that I'd already had a working copy of the vcl above that runs in d2007 vs crXI, but get errors rebuilding it to work in d2009
> (and assuming d2010).
> 
> In UCrpe32.pas
> 
>   case ReportOptions.convertDateTimeType of
>     PE_RPTOPT_CVTDATETIMETOSTR : FConvertDateTimeType := ToString;

change it to 
PE_RPTOPT_CVTDATETIMETOSTR : FConvertDateTimeType := UCrpe32.ToString; 

this will let you compile and install  it but still get error when open a report

> 
> throws this error
> [DCC Error] UCrpe32.pas(15692): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TCrDateTimeType' and 'string'
> 
> FConvertDateTimeType              : TCrDateTimeType;
> TCrDateTimeType = (ToString, ToDate, ToDateTime);
> 
> All that said, can you post some of the code you have that works with d2009 on?



i am getting the 507 error it comes about because 
FCrpeEngine.PEOpenPrintJob 
seems to always return 0 regardless of what is passed to it
i tryied to change pchar to PAnsiChar as described above but it did not seem to have any real effect

Edited by: Sean Ouckama on Sep 22, 2009 8:28 PM
0
Sean
9/23/2009 3:34:19 AM
> {quote:title=Sean Ouckama wrote:}{quote}
> 
> i am getting the 507 error it comes about because 
> FCrpeEngine.PEOpenPrintJob 
> seems to always return 0 regardless of what is passed to it
> i tryied to change pchar to PAnsiChar as described above but it did not seem to have any real effect
> 

Hi,

I have fixed the exact same thing in the following way:

The CRPE32.DLL supports both Normal as WideChar functions. In D2009 Char has become WideChar instead of AnsiChar in D2007. Change the CRPE procedure names in CRDynamic. Originally it calls GetProcAddress(CRDEngine, 'PEOpenPrintJob'), but use GetProcAddress(CRDEngine, 'PEOpenPrintJobW') instead.

With any dll viewer you can very simply see what functions have a WideChar variant. You will find that these are the procedures that handle PChars or text lengths..
I now have a VCL port that exports and prints reports ok in the combination D2009, Crystal Reports XI R2 (and SQL server 2008 Express for that matter)

If anyone has a public FTP I will share the code there.

Note it might not be finished, but for me it does the job.

Regards Steven Somer
0
Steven
9/23/2009 7:32:31 AM
Hi Steven,

I am having the same 507 error when using Delphi 2009, could you send me your modified code? My e-mail is, j.vdaa@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,
John.
> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Sean Ouckama wrote:}{quote}
> > 
> > i am getting the 507 error it comes about because 
> > FCrpeEngine.PEOpenPrintJob 
> > seems to always return 0 regardless of what is passed to it
> > i tryied to change pchar to PAnsiChar as described above but it did not seem to have any real effect
> > 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I have fixed the exact same thing in the following way:
> 
> The CRPE32.DLL supports both Normal as WideChar functions. In D2009 Char has become WideChar instead of AnsiChar in D2007. Change the CRPE procedure names in CRDynamic. Originally it calls GetProcAddress(CRDEngine, 'PEOpenPrintJob'), but use GetProcAddress(CRDEngine, 'PEOpenPrintJobW') instead.
> 
> With any dll viewer you can very simply see what functions have a WideChar variant. You will find that these are the procedures that handle PChars or text lengths..
> I now have a VCL port that exports and prints reports ok in the combination D2009, Crystal Reports XI R2 (and SQL server 2008 Express for that matter)
> 
> If anyone has a public FTP I will share the code there.
> 
> Note it might not be finished, but for me it does the job.
> 
> Regards Steven Somer
0
John
10/7/2009 8:55:39 AM
Hi John,

Unfortunately your mail address does not work: j.vdaa@gmail.com

I'll send you when I have the right address

Regards

Steven 

> {quote:title=John van der Aa wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Steven,
> 
> I am having the same 507 error when using Delphi 2009, could you send me your modified code? My e-mail is, j.vdaa@gmail.com.
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> John.
0
Steven
10/7/2009 10:05:36 AM
> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi John,
> 
> Unfortunately your mail address does not work: j.vdaa@gmail.com
> 
> I'll send you when I have the right address
> 
> Regards
> 
> Steven 
> 
> > {quote:title=John van der Aa wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi Steven,
> > 
> > I am having the same 507 error when using Delphi 2009, could you send me your modified code? My e-mail is, j.vdaa@gmail.com.
> > 
> > Thanks in advance,
> > John.

Hi Steven,

please could you provide me your working Crystal XI r2 VCL for Delphi 2009, I've got one but I've lot of problems with input paper bin...
Hope your version could help on this point.

Best regards,

David
dbargaud@ggh.ch
0
David
10/7/2009 2:41:44 PM
Hi Steven,

Sorry forgot one character in my e-mail adres, the correct one is jp.vdaa@gmail.com.

Regards,
John

> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi John,
> 
> Unfortunately your mail address does not work: j.vdaa@gmail.com
> 
> I'll send you when I have the right address
> 
> Regards
> 
> Steven 
> 
> > {quote:title=John van der Aa wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi Steven,
> > 
> > I am having the same 507 error when using Delphi 2009, could you send me your modified code? My e-mail is, j.vdaa@gmail.com.
> > 
> > Thanks in advance,
> > John.
0
John
10/8/2009 11:33:01 AM
Steve, could I also get a copy of the code?
Send to sstanek at am-cc.com
(mixed my emails together. this is corrected one...)
 
> If anyone has a public FTP I will share the code there.
> 
> Note it might not be finished, but for me it does the job.
> 
> Regards Steven Somer

Edited by: Scott Stanek on Oct 27, 2009 9:00 AM
0
Scott
10/27/2009 4:01:21 PM
You've got mail

Edited by: Steven Somer on Oct 28, 2009 1:01 AM
0
Steven
10/28/2009 8:01:34 AM
> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> You've got mail
> 
> Edited by: Steven Somer on Oct 28, 2009 1:01 AM

Thanks (Publicly) for the code.

For anyone who gets the code Steven worked out, just check your version of the runtime.(ie regedit and search in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for 'SOFTWARE\Business Objects')
I have the older 11.0 version from cr XI not 11.5  form cr XI R2 so I had to mod the code to look there as well:

function GetCommonFilesPath : string;
var
  regKey : TRegistry;
  s      : string;
begin
  regKey := TRegistry.Create(KEY_READ);
  try
    regKey.RootKey := HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
    //regKey.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Crystal Decisions\10.0\Crystal Reports', False);
   //regKey.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports', False)) ;
    +if( regKey.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports', False)) = False+
      +then+
        +regKey.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports', False);+
    s := regKey.ReadString('CommonFiles');
    Result := AddBackslash(s);
  finally
    regKey.Free;
  end;
end;
0
Scott
10/28/2009 3:03:40 PM
Steven,

could you provide the code please :)

dbargaud(at)ggh(dot)ch

Thank you for your help.

Brgds.

> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> You've got mail
> 
> Edited by: Steven Somer on Oct 28, 2009 1:01 AM
0
David
10/30/2009 10:49:59 AM
Hi All,

I'll make life a little easier. Here is a public download:

<a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/144824449/b0d30d9c/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html" target=_blank>crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip</a>

Please note it is written for Crystal Reports XI R2, so it checks for version number 11.5. If you want to use it with older versions of Crystal Reports XI you will have to adapt the GetCommonFilesPath as suggested by Scott Stanek.
 
Good luck with it and tell me if you had to make changes, so I can keep the version up to date.
 
Regards
 
Steven Somer
0
Steven
10/30/2009 11:06:38 AM
Hi Steven,

I've made a little fix based on the one provided by Scott Stanek, this way it will works with Crystal Reports versions 11 and 11.5.
Could you perhaps integrate them in your archive this way it won't be necessary to modify the source for each version I allready provide.

See below for the code :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<pre>
function GetCommonFilesPath : string;
var
  regKey : TRegistry;
  s      : string;
begin
  regKey := TRegistry.Create(KEY_READ);
  try
    regKey.RootKey := HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
    if not regKey.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports', False) then
      regKey.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports', False);
    s := regKey.ReadString('CommonFiles');
    Result := AddBackslash(s);
  finally
    regKey.Free;
  end;
end;
</pre>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thank you for all.

Best Regards,

David

> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All,
> 
> I'll make life a little easier. Here is a public download:
> 
> <a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/144824449/b0d30d9c/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html" target=_blank>crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip</a>
> 
> Please note it is written for Crystal Reports XI R2, so it checks for version number 11.5. If you want to use it with older versions of Crystal Reports XI you will have to adapt the GetCommonFilesPath as suggested by Scott Stanek.
>  
> Good luck with it and tell me if you had to make changes, so I can keep the version up to date.
>  
> Regards
>  
> Steven Somer

Edited by: David BARGAUD on Oct 30, 2009 3:15 PM

Edited by: David BARGAUD on Oct 30, 2009 3:20 PM

Edited by: David BARGAUD on Oct 30, 2009 3:21 PM

Edited by: David BARGAUD on Oct 30, 2009 3:43 PM

Edited by: David BARGAUD on Oct 30, 2009 3:44 PM
0
David
10/30/2009 2:44:46 PM
> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All,
> 
> I'll make life a little easier. Here is a public download:
> 
> <a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/144824449/b0d30d9c/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html" target=_blank>crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip</a>
> 
> Please note it is written for Crystal Reports XI R2, so it checks for version number 11.5. If you want to use it with older versions of Crystal Reports XI you will have to adapt the GetCommonFilesPath as suggested by Scott Stanek.
>  
> Good luck with it and tell me if you had to make changes, so I can keep the version up to date.
>  
> Regards
>  
> Steven Somer

Thank you.

I got following error:

{code}
function DiskOptions(const Key : TCrExportDestination) : Pointer;
  begin
    Result := nil;
    case Key of
      {Disk}
      toFile :
        begin
          StrPCopy(PEExpOptions.destinationDLLName, 'uxddisk.dll');
          PEExpOptions.destinationType := UXDDiskType;
          UXDDisk.structSize := SizeOf(UXDDiskOptions);
          UXDDisk.filename := PAnsiChar(FFileName);    *HERE incompatible types 'AnsiChar' and 'Char'*          
          Result := Addr(UXDDisk);
        end;
...
{code}

How I have to change this?
Thank you for your help.

Romy

Edited by: Romy Hiller on Oct 13, 2010 2:49 AM

Edited by: Romy Hiller on Oct 13, 2010 2:49 AM
0
Romy
10/13/2010 9:49:47 AM
> {quote:title=Romy Hiller wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi All,
> > 
> > I'll make life a little easier. Here is a public download:
> > 
> > <a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/144824449/b0d30d9c/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html" target=_blank>crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip</a>
> > 
> > Please note it is written for Crystal Reports XI R2, so it checks for version number 11.5. If you want to use it with older versions of Crystal Reports XI you will have to adapt the GetCommonFilesPath as suggested by Scott Stanek.
> >  
> > Good luck with it and tell me if you had to make changes, so I can keep the version up to date.
> >  
> > Regards
> >  
> > Steven Somer
> 
> Thank you.
> 
> I got following error:
> 
> {code}
> function DiskOptions(const Key : TCrExportDestination) : Pointer;
>   begin
>     Result := nil;
>     case Key of
>       {Disk}
>       toFile :
>         begin
>           StrPCopy(PEExpOptions.destinationDLLName, 'uxddisk.dll');
>           PEExpOptions.destinationType := UXDDiskType;
>           UXDDisk.structSize := SizeOf(UXDDiskOptions);
>           UXDDisk.filename := PAnsiChar(FFileName);    *HERE incompatible types 'AnsiChar' and 'Char'*          
>           Result := Addr(UXDDisk);
>         end;
> ..
> {code}
> 
> How I have to change this?
> Thank you for your help.
> 
> Romy
> 
> Edited by: Romy Hiller on Oct 13, 2010 2:49 AM
> 
> Edited by: Romy Hiller on Oct 13, 2010 2:49 AM

Hi Romy,
just in case....the following worked for me...

=========== ucrpe32.pas

replaced
	UXDDisk.filename :=PChar(FFileName);
with
          UXDDisk.filename :=  pansichar(ansistring(FFileName));

and

=========== crdynamic.pas

type

  UXDDiskOptions = record
    structSize : Word;
replaced
    fileName   : PChar;
with
    fileName   : PansiChar;

  end;

hope this helps...thanks to previous posters for helping me!!

Gary
0
gary
1/4/2011 3:35:09 PM
> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All,
> 
> I'll make life a little easier. Here is a public download:
> 
> <a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/144824449/b0d30d9c/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html" target=_blank>crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip</a>
> 
> Please note it is written for Crystal Reports XI R2, so it checks for version number 11.5. If you want to use it with older versions of Crystal Reports XI you will have to adapt the GetCommonFilesPath as suggested by Scott Stanek.
>  
> Good luck with it and tell me if you had to make changes, so I can keep the version up to date.
>  
> Regards
>  
> Steven Somer

Hi the file is not longer available...

Could you repost it?

thank's
0
Massimiliano
1/21/2011 8:22:51 AM
> {quote:title=Steven Somer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All,
> 
> I'll make life a little easier. Here is a public download:
> 
> <a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/144824449/b0d30d9c/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html" target=_blank>crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip</a>
> 
> Please note it is written for Crystal Reports XI R2, so it checks for version number 11.5. If you want to use it with older versions of Crystal Reports XI you will have to adapt the GetCommonFilesPath as suggested by Scott Stanek.
>  
> Good luck with it and tell me if you had to make changes, so I can keep the version up to date.
>  
> Regards
>  
> Steven Somer

Hi the file is not longer available...

Could you repost it?

thank's
0
Utf
2/21/2011 5:28:08 PM
I had the same problem only I was using Delphi 2010.
I managed to get hold of Steven Somer via email and he was kind enough to email me the zip file.

This version worked perfectly, as is, for Delphi 2010 Crystal XI R2.
In keeping with the Goodwill that Steven has established in this post I am reposting the code to a public download so others can benefit.
So, special thanks to Steven Somer.

http://www.4shared.com/file/9MwFdYfz/crxi2009s.html

Leonard



> 
> Hi the file is not longer available...
> 
> Could you repost it?
> 
> thank's
0
Leonard
2/25/2011 2:34:52 AM
I have the same problem, can you please send this vcl to me?
[url=http://www.zyy.com/]Buy WoW Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.storeingame.com/]WoW Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.2joygame.com/]Cheap WoW Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.buymaplestory.com]MapleStory Mesos[/url]
[url=http://www.buymaplestory.com]Buy Maplestory Mesos[/url]
0
janny
3/4/2011 8:29:12 AM
> {quote:title=janny pan wrote:}{quote}
> I have the same problem, can you please send this vcl to me?

You should be able to download the zip file from the link mentioned above.

http://www.4shared.com/file/9MwFdYfz/crxi2009s.html

Leonard
0
Leonard
3/4/2011 5:47:47 PM
Error  507 see pecodes.pdf 
PE_ERR_BADFILENAME (507)
There is an error in the file name you specified.

> {quote:title=Andrew Bobby wrote:}{quote}
> Hi 
>   I added the crystal vcl . I attempted to open a report with just a text field,
>   (No Database Conn)
>   
>    Crpe.name = cr
> 
> 
>    This is my code on a vcl form (On button click)
> 
> 
>  Procedure Tform2.button1click(Sender:Tobject);
>  Begin
>   cr.Clear;
>   cr.Printjobs(1);
>   cr.ReportName:= 'C:\Temp\Report1.rpt';
>   cr.output := toprinter;
>   cr.execute;    
> End;
> End.
> 
> When I run this I get a warning popup
> 
>          *Error 507*
> 
>          *OpenPrintJob <PEOpenPrintJob>*
> 
> 
> Please help!!!
0
Juan
3/7/2011 6:00:59 PM
> {quote:title=Leonard Mann wrote:}{quote}
> I had the same problem only I was using Delphi 2010.
> I managed to get hold of Steven Somer via email and he was kind enough to email me the zip file.
> 
> This version worked perfectly, as is, for Delphi 2010 Crystal XI R2.
> In keeping with the Goodwill that Steven has established in this post I am reposting the code to a public download so others can benefit.
> So, special thanks to Steven Somer.
> 
> http://www.4shared.com/file/9MwFdYfz/crxi2009s.html
> 
> Leonard
> 
> 
> 
> > 
> > Hi the file is not longer available...
> > 
> > Could you repost it?
> > 
> > thank's

Yo intente todas las recomendaciones de esta discusion, la que me resolvio el problema fue bajando el link que publico 
Leonard Mann.  Tengo Crystal Report 11.5 con Delphi RAD 2010 version 3615 y no podia imprimir por el error 507.  Pero con el archivo que aparece en este link cri2009s.html, los reportes corren perfectamente.

Estoy agradecido de todos los que participaron a lo largo de esta discusion, pues sin su ayuda desinteresada, no habria salido a camino tan rapido.
0
Francisco
4/25/2011 6:37:54 PM
For anyone who is still having trouble getting the VCL to export/print - in my case to Adobe PDF...

Even though the above changes to ansistring do appear to work, my application would export once but would result in the 507 error on subsequent exports.

I ran a trace through the VCL code, and found PEExpOptions.unicodeFormatOptions and PEExpOptions.unicodeDestinationsOptions was set false on the first run, but true on subsequent runs.

I never even knew these options existed as they are not documented in the VCL help. Anyway, digging further showed that these options are never initialised in the VCL code - and hence are subject to random values.

All you need to do is set them to false before you run the export, they are a member of the ExportOptions Object. Put the following code before you run the export (renaming to your control of course):

    CrPE1.ExportOptions.PEExpOptions.unicodeFormatOptions := false;    
    CrPE1.ExportOptions.PEExpOptions.unicodeDestinationOptions := false; 

That should fix it - its possible this is all that was needed all along, but i have not run a test with the unmodified VCL code yet.
0
Gavin
7/18/2011 2:34:32 PM
> {quote:title=janny pan wrote:}{quote}
> I have the same problem, can you please send this vcl to me?
> [url=http://www.zyy.com/]Buy WoW Gold[/url]
> [url=http://www.storeingame.com/]WoW Gold[/url]
> [url=http://www.2joygame.com/]Cheap WoW Gold[/url]
> [url=http://www.buymaplestory.com]MapleStory Mesos[/url]
> [url=http://www.buymaplestory.com]Buy Maplestory Mesos[/url]



Breaking news, Apple's board of directors received the news, Apple's chairman, founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, has died aged 56. Apple said in a brief statement, said the company was extremely sad death of Steve Jobs, Steve Jobs of wisdom, passion and drive is the source of countless innovations, and these innovations greatly enrich and improve each people's lives, because of Steve Jobs, the world has become infinitely better.

                          [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLSZhsVePMyN5ZsKthPEmozqqRvJWnRtBsQE78atdPAZkUsxl3m-xyYA[/img]

What do you think about this news ? lets share about your opinions......










_________________________________________________________________________
[url=http://www.wly.com/]buy wow gold[/url]|[url=http://www.wly.com/gold/Runescape/RUNESCAPE]Buy Runescape Gold[/url]|[url=http://www.wly.com/gold/Maple-Story-US/]Buy Maple Story Mesos[/url]|[url=http://www.wly.com/gold/Aion-US/]Aion Kinah[/url]
0
doorman330
10/9/2011 3:09:07 AM
How did you exactly do this?
[url=http://www.myterastock.com/]Tera Online Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.storeingame.com/]WOW Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.kcq.com/Eden-Eternal.Gold]Buy Eden Gold[/url]
0
janny
10/29/2011 8:30:38 AM
> {quote:title=Andrew Bobby wrote:}{quote}
> Hi 
>   I added the crystal vcl . I attempted to open a report with just a text field,
>   (No Database Conn)
>   
>    Crpe.name = cr
> 
> 
>    This is my code on a vcl form (On button click)
> 
> 
>  Procedure Tform2.button1click(Sender:Tobject);
>  Begin
>   cr.Clear;
>   cr.Printjobs(1);
>   cr.ReportName:= 'C:\Temp\Report1.rpt';
>   cr.output := toprinter;
>   cr.execute;    
> End;
> End.
> 
> When I run this I get a warning popup
> 
>          *Error 507*
> 
>          *OpenPrintJob <PEOpenPrintJob>*
> 
> 
> Please help!!!
0
maroun
2/6/2012 5:21:10 PM
i have crystal reports 2008(XII) and delphi 2006 can anyone tellme how to add vcl and from where?

Edited by: maroun atmeh on Feb 6, 2012 9:30 AM
0
maroun
2/6/2012 5:31:05 PM
Hi,

can someone give me a valid link to 
crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip

Thanks

David
0
GARCIA
3/21/2012 7:25:37 AM
> {quote:title=GARCIA David wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
> 
> can someone give me a valid link to 
> crystalvcld2009cr11_5.zip
> 
> Thanks
> 
> David

Didn't you try this link http://www.4shared.com/file/9MwFdYfz/crxi2009s.html
0
Benny
6/8/2012 9:43:44 AM
> {quote:title=maroun atmeh wrote:}{quote}
> i have crystal reports 2008(XII) and delphi 2006 can anyone tellme how to add vcl and from where?
> 
> Edited by: maroun atmeh on Feb 6, 2012 9:30 AM

Seems to me no valid vcl support Crystal reports 2008. Latest one is CR-X! or CR-X! R2 ?
0
Benny
6/8/2012 9:45:34 AM
I am also having troubles using Steven Somer's wonderful patched VCL (thank you for the work you did for us!) 

I'm using Delphi XE2 and Crystal Reports XI but even with that new VCL, I'm still getting the dreaded Error 507: OpenPrintJob <PEOpenPrintJob> when I attempt to call Crpe1.Print.

I'm not exporting, but I set the two export variables as suggested as well, just in case. The report does exist and is a valid report in a valid location. The project is a very simple single button, single Crpe object, button just sets the two variables and calls print.

I'm running in a Virtual Machine under VMware, Windows 7 and it won't read the registry for some reason so I had to force the return of s in GetCommonFilesPath to be the directory to my crpe32.dll but no big deal there.

Any suggestions for how to get this bad boy to run?

Modification to GetCommonFilesPath:
{code}
    regKey.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports', False);
    s := regKey.ReadString('CommonFiles');
    s := 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\bin';
{code}

Thanks in advance for any help!

Orion
0
Jeff
6/29/2014 10:29:15 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Delphi 2009 and Crystal Reports XI
Hello @all, I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2009. If anybody is interested - please let me know. Nils > I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2009. > If anybody is interested - please let me know. As it is Delphi and Crystal: I'm interested. What are you patching? The Crystal VCL? You might post your patch to the attachments newsgroup. Gert > {quote:title=Nils Dzubiel wrote:}{quote} > Hello @all, > > I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2...

CrystallReport XI & Delphi 2009 & Sql2000 ?
CrystallReport XI & Delphi 2009 & Sql2000 I installed the component of crystallReport11 in delphi 2009 and added 2 objects in delphi (Crpe,CrpeDS) When I create a report(for example rep1.rpt) in crystall for sql2000 I can preview(Run) it from delphi But I want 1- can set report connection from delphi like : servername , userId ,Pass,Databasename 2- can send my query from delphi to crystal 3- send parametters from delphi to crystal How can do this Thanks error Error:756 Failed to open the connection rep1.rpt details: Database vendor code: 17 SQL.SetQuer...

How to access Delphi 7 & 2009 after purchasing Delphi XE
I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Please respond. Regards, SB, L&T Hi sushweta biswas, > I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Your reseller should have told you: after registering Delphi XE, you can go to http://www.embarcadero.com/xe-earlier-versions to enter your serial number of Delphi XE as well as your EDN account informati...

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009
I upgraded to Delphi 2009 from D5. The install says I can install Delphi and/or C++. Delphi installed OK but I see nothing of C++. What am I missing or does my upgrade not include C++? Thanks It depends on what you bought. If you bought Delphi 2009 only, that's what you get. If you bought Delphi 2009 and C++ Builder 2009 you get both. My guess is you got Delphi 2009 only. The simplest way to verify is look your invoice - it should say I would think. You could also go to members.embarcadero.com, login, then click on my registered products. There will be a textual description of...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009
Hello, Thanks to all who answered my previous question. That was a great help. And atlast our client agreed to upgrade our delphi version from 4 to Delphi 2009. *Sigh*. But before that, I need to give the estimation and cost regarding the migration to delphi 2009. Can anyone tell me is there any tool to migrate from delphi 4 to delphi 2009 or just I need to compile our Delphi 4 application in Delphi 2009. I have read from the delphi 2009 feature matrix that Delphi 1 through Delphi 2007 import is possible in delphi 2009. But i am not that sure considering the size of our application. ...

How Can I Delphi 2009 & Indy 10 TCPServer & TCPClient & Stream ? [Edit]
How can i send simple XML data from TCPClient to TCPServer and opposite. The Indy Version is the Delphi 2009 shipped version (v10). I have some XML data (you can think it as TStrings). I Can not convert the xml string to stream and send it to server then can't convert from stream sent to server to TStrings (or string) again in server (or client) side... Thanks for code snippets & answers... Edited by: Huseyin Melih Kara on Apr 27, 2009 7:59 AM Edited by: Huseyin Melih Kara on Apr 28, 2009 5:24 AM > {quote:title=Huseyin Melih Kara wrote:}{quote} > How can i send simp...

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5
I've decided it's time to upgrade to Delphi 2009 Professional from my current Delphi 5 Professional which (according to the FAQ) makes me eligible for the upgrade pricing. However, I'd just like to clarify how this process works. My concern is that my Delphi 5 is not registered on the CodeGear site and this doesn't seem to be possible as far as I can tell. When installing the trial I noticed that Delphi 2009 registers itself with your CodeGear account so does this mean that the previous version must be registered there to verify you own a Professional edition? I plan to o...

is there a Delphi 2007
Would be nice to have a bundle of the latest Delphi packages. Gilbert Padilla wrote: > Would be nice to have a bundle of the latest Delphi packages. > I expect Delphi 2007 will only be on sale until the full RAD Studio 2009 edition is published, including Delphi 2009.net. W ...

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007
Hi all, I am about to install Delphi 2009 on the same development system as Delphi 2007, before I embark is there anything I should be aware of so as to not break my Delphi 2007 installation and projects ? Thanks JT John Taylor wrote: > Hi all, > > I am about to install Delphi 2009 on the same development system > as Delphi 2007, before I embark is there anything I should be aware > of so as to not break my Delphi 2007 installation and projects ? As long as you install into a separate folder there is no problem with the two versions getting into each other...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion
CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of Char; How to convert to Delphi 2009? Bill Bill Miller wrote: > CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; > CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of Char; > > How to convert to Delphi 2009? > > Bill it depends heavelly on how it is used fearther down in your project and what you want to convert it to. I you want to simple convert the declarations ignoring UNicode altogether then the only think you have to change is the CharArray declaratin from a Char to an AnsiChar eg CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray =...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview
Very simple to use - buid complex reports in 10 minutes. All you need to know - SQL, HTML, CSS. Use all power of HTML4 and CSS3 in any part of report. Features: Barcodes Multiline headers Groups Cross-tabs (any level) Transformations (cross-tab with range) Pictures (+from database) Master/Detail (any level) Supports all databases and db-libraries (writing adapter for any db-acess library takes only 5 minutes) Standalone reports - no need for delphi forms/datasets. 100% native Delhi code. All Delphi versions - from Delphi 6 to XE6 (VCL). 32/64 bit. Supports Unicode for...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion
Hello group, What do I need to do to comile the following code in D2009. Compiler error after the Else E2010: Incompatible Types 'AnsiChar' and 'Char' if isUnicode then SearchHandle := FindFirstFilew( PWideChar( fn ), FindDataW ) else SearchHandle := FindFirstFile( PAnsiChar( Ansistring( fn ) ), FindDataA ); <<<<<compiler error in the above line >>>>>>>>>>> Regards, Bryan > What do I need to do to comile the following code in D2009. > Compiler error after the Else > E2010: Incompati...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]
Hi! Please, I have a code done in Delphi 7... Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm having problems when compile the code. Error message: +[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'System.pas'+ Please can somebody help me? Source Download (349KB): http://rapidshare.com/files/256191328/FileManager.rar.html Mirror Source Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12GYLPT0 Password: delphi Thank u so much! (sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language) Edited by: loquax loquax on Jul 15, 2009 12:24 PM Sorry, bu...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 & Crystal XI - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

EPL Crystal Palace v Chelsea: Video, highlights, Willian goal
CHAMPIONS Chelsea rediscovered the winning habit with a convincing 3-0 victory at Crystal Palace on Sunday to move away from trouble at the foot ...

Crystal Palace and Socceroos star Mile Jedinak offers parting advice to Patrick Bamford
Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak didn't want a bar of Patrick Bamford's excuses when the young Chelsea striker departed Crystal Palace.

Crystal ball reveals 2016's highs and lows in business
Michael Pascoe's tongue-in-cheek Almanac 2016.

Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons
Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons

Rise of the Tomb Raider director leaves Crystal Dynamics for Infinity Ward
Tomb Raider Senior Art Director and Rise of the Tomb Raider Game Director Brian Horton has left Crystal Dynamics, the developer announced via ...

Jim Blasingame's 2016 Crystal Ball Predictions
Here is the 16th edition of my New Year predictions. Wall Street’s digital greed, Washington’s anti-business policies and collusion between the ...

Physicists Discover a New Kind of Crystal Inspired by Satellite Orbits
The very definition of a crystal relies on the notion of symmetry: the atoms line up in highly ordered, repeating honeycomb patterns, and that ...

Cinematic Lake House in Western Massachusetts disguises itself as white crystals
Read the rest of Cinematic Lake House in Western Massachusetts disguises itself as white crystals

Chelsea Secure Impressive Victory Over Crystal Palace, Can They Still Claim Top 4 Spot?
Chelsea secured a fine 3-0 victory over Crystal Palace on Sunday that indicated that their terrible league form, which had left them in a relegation ...

Resources last updated: 1/16/2016 10:55:00 PM