Crystal reports and Delphi 2010 migrating a legacy app

Hello all,

I'm migrating an app from Delphi 2005 to 2010. It contains some crystal reports which no longer supports delphi. I was having a look in the interface to the Crystal DLL and it seems that the interface to the crystall DLL is in only once class in CRDynamic.pas. I was thinking that all I should have to do is convert the strings back and forwards from 16 to 8 bit to call the dll and all should be good.

Has anyone tried this? If so would you like to share code or have any advice on whether it works or not?

tia,
Dave
0
David

> {quote:title=David Ninnes wrote:}{quote}
> Hello all,
>
> I'm migrating an app from Delphi 2005 to 2010. It contains some crystal reports which no longer supports delphi. I was having a look in the interface to the Crystal DLL and it seems that the interface to the crystall DLL is in only once class in CRDynamic.pas. I was thinking that all I should have to do is convert the strings back and forwards from 16 to 8 bit to call the dll and all should be good.
>
> Has anyone tried this? If so would you like to share code or have any advice on whether it works or not?
>
> tia,
> Dave

In case anyone else is looking I found these threads
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=176110&#176744
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=7847&tstart=30
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80c191b8-6664-2b10-498e-e1295146891f

and there's a link to the code here - haven't tried it yet
http://www.4shared.com/get/DuEpvWzd/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html

cheers,
Dave
0
David
7/8/2010 12:32:44 PM
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:32:44 +0200, David Ninnes  wrote:

>> {quote:title=David Ninnes wrote:}{quote}
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm migrating an app from Delphi 2005 to 2010. It contains some crystal
>> reports which no longer supports delphi. I was having a look in the
>> interface to the Crystal DLL and it seems that the interface to the
>> crystall DLL is in only once class in CRDynamic.pas. I was thinking
>> that all I should have to do is convert the strings back and forwards
>> from 16 to 8 bit to call the dll and all should be good.
>>
>> Has anyone tried this? If so would you like to share code or have any
>> advice on whether it works or not?
>>
>> tia,
>> Dave
>
> In case anyone else is looking I found these threads
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=176110&#176744
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=7847&tstart=30
> http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80c191b8-6664-2b10-498e-e1295146891f
>
> and there's a link to the code here - haven't tried it yet
> http://www.4shared.com/get/DuEpvWzd/crystalvcld2009cr11_5.html
>
> cheers,
> Dave

I used the link from:
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=176110&#176744 which
worked for me in Delphi 2010. There were some changes to the properties
etc that I was using in the Delphi 6 (Crystal 7) VCL, but nothing major.

Bernd

Bernd