Crystal 11 and Delphi 7 - Can I access a CR report field in code?

Hello.  I use CR11 and the VCL in D7.  In the code, I have a front end query processor.  The Crystal vcl has a property named filterstring and that is how I do record selection.  What I want to do is be able to print one of the selection parameters in the report.  If I drop a text object in the header in the Crystal designer, is there a way to burrow into the report fields from the Delphi code to force content into the field?

For example, say I have a transaction report.  I select transactions with a start/end date in the Delphi app.  Within the Crystal report itself, I want to somehow force the date field in my page header to be filled from the user selection before I call the printreport method.  Is it possible to do this?

Thanks!

Debbie Erickson
0
Debbie

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Rave Report 7.7
Hi I am trying to print the content of a TStringlist into a MemoField of Rave Report 7.7 (RR77). This should normally be a triavial operation but I can`t get it to work correctly under D2010. The application perfectly compile and run under D2007 (which is non-unicode and that is probably explaining why it works correctly). It`s only under D2010 that it`s not working at all (I get random chars and "?" printed into the report fields). Here is the code I use to write a TStringlist content into a RR77 MemoField. This proc is called within RvConnection.OnGetRow event for each Me...

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

CRYSTAL REPORTS: HOW TO CHANGE DATE FORMAT OF CRYSTAL REPORT FIELD FROM ASP.NET 2.0
Hi All, I have a crystal report document which is opened from my asp.net 2.0 application (C# code). In the design time i fixed my date fields as MM/dd/yyyy format. but now we are going to implement the project in different culture. so now i need to change the format of date field at run time thru asp.net 2.0 (C#). Help is highly appriciated. Thanks in Advance. hi you can use the following formats if you are fecting form  DataBase SELECT Lower(CONVERT(VARCHAR,GETDATE(),100)) -- May 23 2007 6:00PM SELECT CONVERT(VARCHAR,GETDATE(),101) -- 05/23/2007 SELECT CONVERT(VARCHAR,GETDA...

Runtime creation of crystal reports and fields, with all report sections
Hi! I'm a novice when it comes to crystal reports. I want to pass a customised query from a vb.net windows form (which might contain a statement like "SELECT * FROM " & tablecombo.text & " where (name = ' " & txtName.text & " ')" which could result in the following: SELECT * FROM Day1 WHERE (name = John) I want the report to be generated at runtime. Is that possible? If so, please show me how. If you mean to actually create a report dynamically at runtime, it may be possible in Crystal 9 and up, but not in Crystal .net. If you mean to dy...

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Delphi report
Hello, Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and Freereport ? Thank you Dear Mike Thomas! Also you can use internal in Delphi Rave Reports :) Or use non-free report generators like FastReport (price starts from $79). Try to find free/chipper but better... "Mike Thomas" wrote: news:169748@forums.codegear.com... > Hello, > > Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and > Freereport ? > > Thank you -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com Fast Repor...

Delphi 2009 and Crystal Reports XI
Hello @all, I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2009. If anybody is interested - please let me know. Nils > I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2009. > If anybody is interested - please let me know. As it is Delphi and Crystal: I'm interested. What are you patching? The Crystal VCL? You might post your patch to the attachments newsgroup. Gert > {quote:title=Nils Dzubiel wrote:}{quote} > Hello @all, > > I've created a patchset, so you can use Crystal Reports with Delphi 2...

Crystal Reports 2008 and Delphi 2007
Hello all. As a technical support representative for Crystal Reports and BOE SDKs, I often come across Delphi developers requesting assistance with Crystal Reports. With help from a couple of co-workers, I wrote an article on Crystal Reports SDKs and Delphi. The article "Crystal Reports Support for Delphi – History and Present" is available at this link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70533725-7926-2c10-f3b5-dd99fcfcd482 Feedback from the Delphi developer community, is very much appreciated. Feedback can be either through this forum, th...

Crystal report 2008 in Delphi 2010
Hi there, I’m using Delphi 2010 & Crystal report 2008 vcl in our application. We have changed the version number in ucrpe32.pas file & modified the related files to work with version 2008. But we are getting the following error Error: 538 Error in File Employee.rpt: Parameter has invalid structure size. ‘PrintOptions.GetCopies<PEGetPrintOptions>' Could you please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks & regards, Mary > {quote:title=Mary James wrote:}{quote} > Hi there, > > I’m using Delphi 2010 & Crystal report 2008 vcl in our applicat...

Delphi XE2 X Crystal Reports
I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible? Amilcar F. > {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote} > I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible? There is no official solution. The last version that had Delphi support was version 10, and that only supported Delphi 7 (binary only solution). SAP now only officially support .Net and Java. I have heard of hacks that let you use CR10 in later versions of Delphi (2006?), but have not heard if anyone has had any luck using one, or a similar hack is available for XE2. -- Reg...

Web resources about - Crystal 11 and Delphi 7 - Can I access a CR report field in code? - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

Wellington, the town in NSW where crystal meth costs less than beer
One NSW town is so overrun by the drug ice that it is known as &quot;little Antarctica&quot;, and police say children as young as 10 are experimenting. ...

Steve McClaren irate after Newcastle United's humiliating loss to Crystal Palace
Steve McClaren will haul his embattled Newcastle squad in for an extra training session on Sunday following their humiliating defeat at Crystal ...

This crystal clear Speck case will actually protect your iPhone 6s
... protection for your iPhone. Well, the BGR Deals team has the perfect solution: The Speck Products CandyShell Case for iPhone 6/6S , is crystal ...

Former CIA Chief Morell: ‘Crystal Clear’ Obama’s ISIS Strategy Is Not Working
Former CIA Chief Morell: 'Crystal Clear' Obama's ISIS Strategy is Not Working

Crystal Lake man, 18, killed kitten over fight about bong: prosecutor
The 18-year-old man accused of killing a kitten with his bare hands had become enraged during an argument with his sister over a bong, a prosecutor ...

CEO: My 'crystal ball' is smoky
Here's what is keeping Corporate America on the sidelines, according to Waste Management CEO David Steiner.

Coke-Funded Anti-Obesity Group Goes The Way Of Crystal Pepsi
The Global Energy Balance Network, a supposed anti-obesity organization that was heavily criticized for not only receiving more than $1 million ...

Casey Wilson & June Diane Raphael Set Elizabeth Laime Comedy ‘Crystal’ At ABC
... duo, USB alums June Diane Raphael and Casey Wilson , have teamed with comedy writer/podcaster and fellow USB-er Elizabeth Laime for Crystal ...

Moon ring caused by iced crystals - FOX Carolina 21
... their heads to the sky for a better look. The moon has a ring around it! Meteorologist Kendra Kent says the ring is caused by ice crystals ...