ADO Query to Append Tables from two Access Databases

I want to append a table form one database to a table from another database.  Both tables have exactly same structure and the databases are developed using MS Access.   How to write ADO query to do this?
My query would be something like this:
  AppendQuery.SQL.Clear;
  AppendQuery.SQL.Add('insert into tbl1');
  AppendQuery.SQL.Add('Select * ');
  AppendQuery.SQL.Add('from tbl2');
  AppendQuery.ExecSQL;

How to distinguish that tbl1 and tbl2 are from two different ADO Datasets in this query?  To which datasource AppendQuery will be attached?
Thanks.

Shobha
0
Shobha

> {quote:title=Shobha Choudhari wrote:}{quote}
> I want to append a table form one database to a table from another database.  Both tables have exactly same structure and the databases are developed using MS Access.   How to write ADO query to do this?
> My query would be something like this:
>   AppendQuery.SQL.Clear;
>   AppendQuery.SQL.Add('insert into tbl1');
>   AppendQuery.SQL.Add('Select * ');
>   AppendQuery.SQL.Add('from tbl2');
>   AppendQuery.ExecSQL;
>
> How to distinguish that tbl1 and tbl2 are from two different ADO Datasets in this query?  To which datasource AppendQuery will be attached?
> Thanks.
>
> Shobha

This should be in the DB area, not Reporting. Some only look here and a DB person would miss this. Just a suggestion.

George
0
George
7/1/2011 8:49:49 PM
> {quote:title=George Winkler wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Shobha Choudhari wrote:}{quote}
> > I want to append a table form one database to a table from another database.  Both tables have exactly same structure and the databases are developed using MS Access.   How to write ADO query to do this?
> > My query would be something like this:
> >   AppendQuery.SQL.Clear;
> >   AppendQuery.SQL.Add('insert into tbl1');
> >   AppendQuery.SQL.Add('Select * ');
> >   AppendQuery.SQL.Add('from tbl2');
> >   AppendQuery.ExecSQL;
> >
> > How to distinguish that tbl1 and tbl2 are from two different ADO Datasets in this query?  To which datasource AppendQuery will be attached?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Shobha
>
> This should be in the DB area, not Reporting. Some only look here and a DB person would miss this. Just a suggestion.
>
> George

Oh, sorry, my mistake. I didn't realize it was posted in Reporting.    It was meant to be for Database- ADO area.

Shobha
0
Shobha

Append tables from two different Access databases
I want to append a table form one database to a table from another database. Both tables have exactly same structure and the databases are developed using MS Access. How to write ADO query to do this? My query would be something like this: AppendQuery.SQL.Clear; AppendQuery.SQL.Add('insert into tbl1'); AppendQuery.SQL.Add('Select * '); AppendQuery.SQL.Add('from tbl2'); AppendQuery.ExecSQL; How to distinguish that tbl1 and tbl2 are from two different ADO Datasets in this query? To which datasource AppendQuery will be attached? Thanks. Shobha > {quote:ti...

Can ADO.Net query/update a MS Access database that contains table and fields that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names?????
I've recently been assigned an asp.net/MS Access project. My code works fine; however, there are table and fields in the Access database that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names. For example there is a table named "Purchase Orders" and in this table there are a few column fields with names such as "PO#" and “Customer PO#". My question: Is there some sort of wrapping method that I need to implement to allow my ADO.net objects (particularly the "OleDbDataAdapter" and the "DataRow") to accept these naming...

Two Queries from Two different Databases = ONE Display/Table
What is the best approach to handle this situation?  I have three different databases, which has it's own stored procedure.  I need to call them all at page load and piece together the data.  The common demoninator is the date.  2007 JAN FEB MAR APR row 1 50 60 89 63 row 2 44 21 62 46 2006 JAN FEB MAR APR row 1 60 90 65 41 row2 984 650 452 762 Row 1 and Row 2 come from two different databases and stored procedures.  How can I query the data and present it as it's shown above? Thank you!  &qu...

Two Table Database Access
How do you open two separate tables from the same database within the same page.  If I try, I get: Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\Documents and Settings\Ley\My Documents\My Web Sites\ClubWebSite1\App_Data\Club_Parley.mdf". Operating system error 32: "32(The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)".An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Documents and Settings\Ley\My Documents\My Web Sites\ClubWebSite1\App_Data\Club_Parley.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or...

Migrating Data from one Access Database table to a different Access Datbase / Table
A little background Company has a database that must have new records added to it weekly.  The new data is provided via an access database.  The old data is in a another access database.  What I want to do is have them upload the new access database to the ASP (not .net) server and then copy the new records over to the old data to bring it up to date.  At this point they can upload the new database. But I am having a hard time getting that info into the old database.   This is what I have so far,  but I get the following error Microsoft JET Database Engine...

Query two Access database files at the same time
I have two database files: one contains company names and IDs, the other contains deal information. I need to write a query that displays the company name along with the deal record. In the Access query builder I managed to do this with 'Deals LEFT JOIN [;database=<company database file>].Suppliers' and it works perfectly. When I try to use that working query with a TADOQuery component in D6 I get a 'Parameter object improperly defined...' error. Is there a way to use the [;database syntax in Delphi or is there a different way to combine the databases to look up...

Append query from Excel to Access ado.net
How do I do this:  DestinationFields="[Field1],[Field2]" SourceFields="[Column1],[coulumn2]" Worksheet="Sheet1" AccessConnection/command.Excecute "Insert into table1(" & DestinationFields & ") Select(" & SourceFields & ") from [" & worksheet & "$] in 'C:\book.xls' [Excel 8.0;IMEX=1] in asp.net/ado.net? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Join in a Query two tables that are in differente databases
How can I join to tables with a commun field that are located in different databases? Hey Manuel I think you will need to look at CREATE SERVER (to tell one database [the "local" database] where/how to find the other database [the "remote" database) and CREATE EXISTING TABLE (to "create" the table in the remote database in the local database). Then you can just do a standard select/join, ie SELECT * FROM LOCAL_TABLE L JOIN REMOTE_TABLE R ON (L.COMMON_FIELD = R.COMMON_FIELD); Cheers -- Andrew Giulinn Senior Analyst/Programmer Integr...

Insert into Access from two different sql database tables
Hi there, I am looking for a strategy on how to insert records into an MS Access table based on records from two different tables in different sql servers. Currently the solution uses a query stored in MS Access and implements linked tables to get data from the two sql tables. It works in Access if I manually enter the passwords to the SQL databases. When I tried to automate this from an asp.net page the sql connections failed. I edited the linked tables in Access so they store the password and that worked. Now if I manually run the query in Access it doesn't prompt for ...

I have a problem accessing my database tables when report manager is running
Hi folks, i have an asp.net web application that was working properly both on the development and production machine but hell started when i developed and deployed sql 2005 reporting services reports. What happens is, if report manager is open, iam not able to insert any new records into my database. The error is "Access denied for user 'my username' ". If i wait for a round 20 minutes, this access denied problem just goes by it self and i can then insert as usual but agian when iam able to insert into the database, i can run report manager but the report datasources are not accessible...

xls convert sheet into Access database table and also convert access table into xls sheet in c#
hello sir how  xls convert sheet into Access database table and also convert access table into xls sheet in c# Hi, If you're working in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, you can use several Access features to maintain your Excel data with the AccessLinks add-in program. For more details, see:http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA010346371033.aspx (For Excel2002) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052008521033.aspx?pid=CH010003461033  (For Excel2003 and above.) Thanks.Michael Jin.Microsoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answe...

How to synchronize two table in two database
Database : Sybase 11.0 I have an application in our LAN network, also I have a website on internet(Database is My SQL), I want to distribute one table(I.E. te table which record warehouse information ) to internet database, How to Synchronize these two tables? Thanks in advance! Best regards! Jimmy Nie Does My SQL supports bulk-copy? Check bcp utility in sybase. If it supports 1.bcp out complete table from sybase using -c option or if you want to bcp out only a days worth data (or daterange), then first select with where clause into a temp table and...

Populating a dataset with more than one tables of MS ACCESS database using a single query,
Hi friends, I am trying to populate the dataset with more than one tables of MS Access database but I do not know the query. I have used "select * from pets;select from emp_test" but there is an error that characters found after SQL statement. Please help me to figure out the solution  You will need to run a separate Select command to populate each datatable, as Access doesn't can't handle batch commands in the same way that SQL Server does. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

Embedded SQL/ DW Query in PB with Joins of tables of two Sybase databases
Hi, I've a requirement in which I need to Use a DW Query/ Embedded SQL two make joins between tables of two different databases (Both Syabse). I can use only one transaction Object at a time, whether it can be possible. I am able to retriev records from DW at design time but on run time it's not identifying the other database table and retrieval failinf from Datawindow. I am not able to chalk out how it can be done from Embedded SQl. Please Help. Thanks. I am using PB 9.0 Thanks. > Hi, > I've a requirement in which I need to Use a DW Query/ > Embedded ...

Web resources about - ADO Query to Append Tables from two Access Databases - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to “all payer claims databases.” ...

Sanders’ campaign looses access to N.H. Democratic voter database - The Boston Globe Sanders’ campaign ...
... the presidential campaign of US Senator Bernie Sanders has been denied access to the New Hampshire Democratic Party’s valuable voter database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Over 680TB of data exposed in MongoDB databases
There are at least 35,000 publicly accessible and insecure MongoDB databases on the Internet, and their number appears to be growing. Combined ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

MacKeeper Leak Highlights Danger of Misconfigured Databases
The Shodan port-scanning service finds at least 35,000 MongoDB databases accessible without a password.

OracleVoice: Oracle Challenges SAP On In-Memory Database Claims
Companies that run SAP’s applications should know that most of those applications can perform much better on Oracle Database than on any other ...