Inplace Edit causes access violation in Delphi 2010

Hi there,

the following problem occured with D2010 (the same code in D2007 is still in use an working well):

in a component I use a TForm with a TMemo as an inplace editor. Everytime I try access propertys of the Memo I'll get an access violation
Here's the code

  FMemoPopup:= TFInplaceMemo.Create(self);
  FMemoPopup.Parent:=nil;
  FMemoPopup.Visible:= false;
  //FMemoPopup.Memo1.Align:= alClient;
  //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnKeyUp:= Memo_KeyUp;
  //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnDblClick:= Memo_DblClick;

Every of the 3 lines that are now commented cause the violation when uncommented.

The TFInplaceMemo is only a form with a Memo placed on it.

what ist the problem?

thanks for answers
matthias
0
matthias
5/14/2010 6:27:21 PM
embarcadero.delphi.oodesign 456 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think this the wrong newsgroup.
I'll post it again in VCL/Writing Components! Sorry!

> {quote:title=matthias philipps wrote:}{quote}
> Hi there,
>
> the following problem occured with D2010 (the same code in D2007 is still in use an working well):
>
> in a component I use a TForm with a TMemo as an inplace editor. Everytime I try access propertys of the Memo I'll get an access violation
> Here's the code
>
>   FMemoPopup:= TFInplaceMemo.Create(self);
>   FMemoPopup.Parent:=nil;
>   FMemoPopup.Visible:= false;
>   //FMemoPopup.Memo1.Align:= alClient;
>   //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnKeyUp:= Memo_KeyUp;
>   //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnDblClick:= Memo_DblClick;
>
> Every of the 3 lines that are now commented cause the violation when uncommented.
>
> The TFInplaceMemo is only a form with a Memo placed on it.
>
> what ist the problem?
>
> thanks for answers
> matthias

Edited by: matthias philipps on May 14, 2010 11:34 AM
0
matthias
5/14/2010 6:34:55 PM
Le 14/05/10 19:34, matthias philipps a écrit :

> I think this the wrong newsgroup.
> I'll post it again in VCL/Writing Components! Sorry!

You can cancel your own messages you know.

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter [TeamB|http://www.teamb.com]
Consultant Software Engineer
Joanna Carter wrote:

> Le 14/05/10 19:34, matthias philipps a écrit :
>
> > I think this the wrong newsgroup.
> > I'll post it again in VCL/Writing Components! Sorry!
>
> You can cancel your own messages you know.

.... when using a news client, you can't do that from the web-interface.
(It's already in QC)

--
Pieter

"Do you love your Creator? Love your fellow beings first."
 -- Prophet Muhammad
0
Pieter

InplaceMemo causes access violation in Delphi 2010
Hi there, the following problem occured with D2010 (the same code in D2007 is still in use an working well): in a component I use a TForm with a TMemo as an inplace editor. Everytime I try access propertys of the Memo I'll get an access violation Here's the code FMemoPopup:= TFInplaceMemo.Create(self); FMemoPopup.Parent:=nil; FMemoPopup.Visible:= false; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.Align:= alClient; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnKeyUp:= Memo_KeyUp; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnDblClick:= Memo_DblClick; Every of the 3 lines that are now commented cause the violation when uncommented. The TFIn...

Delphi 2010 Access Violation
I have an application developed with delphi 2010 professional. Are there any tools in the IDE that will help me find an access violation that shows up, when the application closes? I have steppd through the code,but can' t locate anything. I am not for sure but I think a form may not be destroyed. TIA Jan B wrote: > I have an application developed with delphi 2010 professional. Are > there any tools in the IDE that will help me find an access violation > that shows up, when the application closes? I have steppd through > the code,but can' t locate anything. ...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

Delphi 2010 TWebBrowser Access Violation on Close
I am using a TWebBrowser component to open up a website inside a Delphi 2010 application. I am using Windows 7 32 bit. There are several different sites opened in a form, with the TWebBrowser component. It depends on the customer choosen which site gets opened. I have one site that after it is opened and closed, then the Delphi application is closed, an Access Violation message box appears. This only shows up when it is ran from the development environment. It is only for the one website. The other sites do not give any problems. I suspect that some java script is being loaded and tha...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Access violation on delphi XE6 (Windows 7) [Edit]
Hello, After compiling my project i'm trying to run the program on DELPHI XE6 (windows 7) and get this error : First chance exception at $7620C42D. Exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 6FDD19D5 in module 'gdiplus.dll'. Read of address 40140603'. (6760) Can you please let me know how to fix this error ? Thanks, Shay. Edited by: Shay Gibly on Jan 26, 2015 11:41 PM > {quote:title=Antonio Estevez wrote:}{quote} > El 26/01/2015 a las 15:06, Shay Gibly escribió: > > Hello, > > > > After com...

Delphi 2010 and remote access to SQL Server Compact Edition
I have Delphi 2010 and want to use SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 with Remote Data Access (RDA), what I mean by that, I want to have three people that located in multi location to connect to main SQL Server Compact Edition database located in one DMZ server. I don’t need Express version please. Is Delphi 2010 allows to connect to SSCE 3.5 remotely? if yes how? Thanks in advance ...

Access Violation on set string variable ! Delphi XE3 [Edit]
Hello, I'm try to migrate delphi2007 to XE3, but I've an error ! When I set a string I get an error Access Violation. This code is in a loop, it crashes always at the same time after a hundred iterations. It crash on {code}MyVar := '';{code} This is stack trace {code} 11/04/2013 15:40:04 Exception EAccessViolation occured in System.@UStrClr at 0 in file Message: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 0419B1BC dans le module 'Deamon_Noemie_XE3.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 20202018 Call stack: [0419B1BC] System.@UStrClr [04C4B21E] U_Class...

Use of TBCDField in Aggregate causes access violation in Delphi XE7
I have just converted my application from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE7. To get the application to compile clean was surprisingly easy. However, I am now getting access violations in a number of areas. I have narrowed down the problem to the use of a TBCDField in a aggregate of a ClientDataset. The back end of my application is SQL Server 2008 R2. There are a number of fields in the database with a datatype of 'money'. When you bring in a SQL Server DataType of Money into a dataset (query or clientdataset) Delphi assigns the field a datatype of TBCDField. When I use a field with a ...

Web resources about - Inplace Edit causes access violation in Delphi 2010 - embarcadero.delphi.oodesign

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

UAE Police issue more than 25,000 traffic violations involving lorries in Q1 of 2014 - The National
Police said several people have been killed in accidents involving lorries so far this year.

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

CFMEU implicated in threats against Melbourne contractor and site entry violations
Victoria's powerful construction union allegedly told a company it is on a "hit list" and would suffer industrial strife as payback ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

Hints of Eurovision vote violation against Russia
The head of Azerbaijan's state broadcaster has questioned the vote tally in the Eurovision Song Contest where it embarrassingly gave "nul points" ...

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.