Missing library file when opening Excel in Vista64 with Delphi? [Edit]

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, I hope I have it in the correct place.

I have just moved across to a new machine running vista64.

Delphi 6 Pro installed fine, and runs fine.

I tried to run (from within delphi) an app I wrote on a WinXP system, which is very simple, it opens an Excel 97 Spreadsheet and puts some numbers in it.

When I click on the button to actually open the spreadsheet I get this error:

"First chance exception at $76EEF328. Exception class EOleException with message 'One of your object libraries (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged.  Please run Setup to install it'. Process QScorer.exe ($1B50)"

Now I can see stdole32.tlb right where it is supposed to be in windows/system32 directory.

Hunting on the web this seems to be a common issue, but the advice to fix it is patchy at best and I don't want to ruin my new set-up as I'm just getting to grips with it.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do?

Thanks, Liam

Edited by: Liam Healy on Sep 28, 2009 9:41 AM

Edit to add: I installed delphi in it's own new directory and not the protected Windows directory.  Edited by: Liam Healy on Sep 28, 2009 11:38 AM
0
Liam
9/28/2009 6:39:18 PM
embarcadero.delphi.ole 598 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]
Here's the problem: When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open? Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM > Here's the problem: > When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. > Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is > currently open? > > Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM Drag and drop the file onto the IDE? BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor ...

Newbie Question-How do I open excel file with Delphi 2007
I'm completely new to Delphi Programming, I got a little experience with VB but this is completely different. All I want to do is open a Excel 2003 document. Edited by: Terrance MacDonald on Jan 28, 2009 7:48 AM Terrance MacDonald wrote: > I'm completely new to Delphi Programming, I got a little experience > with VB but this is completely different. All I want to do is open a > Excel 2003 document. > > Edited by: Terrance MacDonald on Jan 28, 2009 7:48 AM You can find a lot of information on OLE automation with Delphi on this site: http://www.djpate.fr...

FMX file missing error for Delphi XE2 VCL only project [Edit]
Very new to XE2 (and no exact idea what FM is or how it works), i'm struggling to find an explanation for this problem: I have a program that is already being developed for D2007. Ported to Delphi XE2 and unicode being all resolved (hundreds!), i get this last error: " +[DCC Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Stroke.fmx+' (and few others for the same FMXTee unit )". It certainly has to do with 'uses' but i have no FM units in use or needed... then probably some kind of dependencies related to th e environment variables, but what exactly? Thanks. ric...

MS Excel 2010, Delphi XE, Opening a tab delimited file
Hi, I am trying to open a tab delimited file with Excel 2010 using Delphi XE Starter Edition. I can open the file successfully using the Excel GUI, but when I try to automate the process with Delphi, it fails. The file opens successfully, but each line of the tab delimited text file is placed into the 1st cell of each row --the workbook only has 1 column. When I use the Excel GUI on the same file, each tab character creates a new cell to the right so I get multiple columns per row. What am I doing wrong? I also tried using Workbooks.OpenText to no avail. var xlApp : _Applicatio...

Editing a file in delphi
hi all is it possible to edit a .js files in delphi example : c:/editme.js; I want to edit that file and want to remove some lines in that file after hat i want to save it example : editme.js file contains data like start code codecode --- deleteme deleteme deletemee --c codecode end I want to delete those 3 deleteme lines from that file and i want to save it . can any one please help me thanks in advance. On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 05:12:39 -0700, inn0vation nick wrote: > is it possible to edit a .js files in delphi You can drag it int...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2009: missing View | Delphi Class Explorer
As far as I know, I'm supposed to have a menu item View | Delphi Class Explorer in Delphi 2009 Pro. But I cannot find it. I don't even see it as an option in the menu Customize commands. All available features were selected when Delphi was installed. What have I done to lose the Class Explorer? Steve Troxell > {quote:title=Steve Troxell wrote:}{quote} > As far as I know, I'm supposed to have a menu item View | Delphi Class > Explorer in Delphi 2009 Pro. But I cannot find it. I don't even see it > as an option in the menu Customize commands. All av...

OLE Excel file open.
Hi all How can i open a Excel file during runtime and do some process based on the value in Excel sheet, and close that sheet after use that. I use ls_FilePath = "c:\ei\abc.xls" ll_Ret = myoleobject.ConnectToObject(ls_FilePath) But This commend open a saparate Excel window. In case user close that excel window in the middle of the processing, PB application raise a application error. to avoid this i want to hide that Excel window. How to hide or any other way to do. Thanks in Advance Shivakumar K you can create an OLEobject to the excel serve...

OLE and opening excel file
Hello! I use PB 6.5 and office 2000 Pro. I would like to write from PB in my Excel file, but I couldn't open the excel file. I have this code: long mrow string ms1,ms2,ms3,ms4,ms5,ms6 integer vrni mrow=dw_1.getrow() if mrow=0 or isnull(mrow) then Messagebox('Naro�ilo','Izberite �eljeno naro�ilo') return end if OLEOBJ=CREATE OLEobject VRNI=OLEOBJ.CONNECTTONEWOBJECT("excel.application") IF VRNI=0 THEN ELSE OLEOBJ.DISCONNECTOBJECT() DESTROY OLEOBJ END IF ms1=dw_1.getitemstring(mrow,'nar_leto') ms2=dw_1.getit...

Web resources about - Missing library file when opening Excel in Vista64 with Delphi? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Material from missing Doctor Who serials has seen release in books, in audio form on CD, and four episodes have been animated for DVD release. ...

Facebook Alerts Users To How Many Stories They’re Missing On News Feed
Facebook wants users to make sure they’re not missing anything on News Feed . Several users on the redesigned News Feed have started seeing notifications ...

LOCATED DECEASED :( - Locate The Missing - Facebook
SAD UPDATE :( REST IN PEACE CARRIE :( Body of missing Davenport woman found in Minnesota: More than three months after her family reported her ...

53 Local AMBER Alert Facebook Pages Will Post Missing Children Feed Updates
Facebook held a press conference today to announce the launch of 53 AMBER Alert Pages that will dispatch bulletins about missing children via ...

NYPD Missing Persons (@NYPDMissing) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here NYPD Missing Persons @ NYPDMissing ...

Missing Dutch bushwalker found alive after five days lost in Victorian bush
A bushwalker missing from a Victorian Buddhist retreat for five days has been found safe and well.

Steven Groat: Police find body in Canobolas State Forest, believed to be missing man - DailyTelegraph ...
POLICE will conduct DNA tests after a body was found in the Canobolas State Forest in the state’s central west. POLICE will conduct DNA tests ...

Steven Groat: Police find body in Canobolas State Forest, believed to be missing man
POLICE will conduct DNA tests after a body was found in the Canobolas State Forest in the state’s central west.

Report: Retailers Missing Cross-Channel Personalization Opportunity
Social media presents perhaps the best opportunity for marketers to reach their target audience. Social users are always connected , highly engaged ...

Here's what everyone's missing about the shrinking PC market — and why it's good for Intel
IDC's latest report on the PC market was brutal: W orldwide PC shipments were down 10.6% year-over-year in the last quarter of 2015, reaching ...