Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit

Hi,

Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app
(Delphi 2009)

My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real
fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and
then updates the cells.

It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting
problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit.

Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit
so that I can log an appropriate message.
--
Bob Small
0

I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able to talk to MS Office 64-bit applications.

This seems to be a way to check for 32 or 64 bit Office:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2203980/detect-whether-office-2010-is-32bit-or-64bit-via-the-registry
0
Douglas
12/31/2012 10:40:50 PM
Douglas Rudd <> wrote:

>I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able to talk to MS Office 64-bit applications.
>
>This seems to be a way to check for 32 or 64 bit Office:
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2203980/detect-whether-office-2010-is-32bit-or-64bit-via-the-registry

Hmm.

That seems a bit hit and miss.
What happens if 64-bit version of Office is installed, but without
installing Outlook?
--
Bob Small
0
> {quote:title=Robert Small wrote:}{quote}
> Hmm.
>
> That seems a bit hit and miss.
> What happens if 64-bit version of Office is installed, but without
> installing Outlook?
> --
> Bob Small

The info in the link said that particular registry item was set when Office was installed whether Outlook was one of the parts installed or not.
0
Douglas

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines
I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property. Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista. Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails. Debugging shows it doesn't even get to initialization. Is it possible to use COM through syswow64? <Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control > ( COM ) ...

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Call 64bit dll's function from 32 bit delphi code on 64 bit OS
Is there any way or trick to call a function in 64 bit DLL from Delphi code? Any hardware manufacturer must compile their device drivers into 64bit code for 64 bit OS. So for example, graphic driver from NVidia is compiled to 64bit code for 64bit OS. Question is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? I hope somebody has already dealing with that. Thanks > is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384249(VS.85).aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/10/20/9...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

Building 64 bit Python against 32 bit ASE on 64-bit Linux
I've been using various version of SYBASE=/usr/local/packages/sybase* to no avail. They all are giving me errors lated to "libblk". any ideas? /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/packages/sybase_OLD/lib/libblk.a when searching for -lblk If possible could you CC mrogish at tigr dot org since I am using the Sybase.com forums reader and it is difficult to bookmark this thread. Thanks!!! -- Matt Rogish cronus:/local/src/Linux64/python/modules/sybase-0.37 # /usr/local/packages/python64-2.4.2/bin/python setup.py build running build running build_py c...

32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S
We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're moving that client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system. Is there any advantage to switching to the 64-bit Sybase client? I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is 12.5 64-bit running on a 64-bit O/S. TIA only if you client app needs the extra memory "Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170712581.822225.158160@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're > moving that > ...

32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10
manuals.sybase.com does not mention anything about Solaris9/10. It only mentions about required patches for Solaris8. Does Sybase support 32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10 ( SPARCs of course )? Any specific OS patches required for Sol9/10 ? ...

dump and load from 64-bit Solaris/32-bit ASE .. to .. AMD64/32-bit ASE
Will a cross-platform load be done by Sybase ASE if the dump was made from 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE and the load database is to be done on AMD64 / 32-bit ASE ?? What about from 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE .. to AMD64 / 64-bit ASE ?? On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:27:19 -0700, Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote: > > Will a cross-platform load be done by Sybase ASE if the dump was made from > 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE and the load database is to be done on AMD64 > / 32-bit ASE ?? > > What about from 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE .. to AMD64 / 64-bit ASE ?? Yes, tha...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows...
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH ...

Web resources about - Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Mali in mourning after at least 21 killed in hotel attack
Mali on Saturday began three days of national mourning and declared a state of emergency after a nine-hour siege by jihadist gunmen at a top ...

Obama tries to put human face on Syrian refugee debate
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Brushing off refugee worries at home, President Barack Obama crouched alongside migrant children on Saturday and ...

Melania Trump: My modeling career shouldn't matter in Donald's presidential run
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said his wife, Melania, would be a “beautiful” and “elegant” first lady. In an interview with ...

Black Friday: Sony Xperia Z5 deal: Save £99 on the James Bond phone with BLAFRIZ5
It's not just Mobiles.co.uk and Carphone Warehouse that have gone early with their Black Friday phone deals. Mobile Phones Direct is also getting ...

Facebook CEO Zuckerberg to take two months of paternity leave
By Yasmeen Abutaleb SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg said on Friday he will take two months of ...

Tesla Model S Recalled Over Potential Seat Belt Malfunction
The Tesla Model S is currently being recalled by the company . Apparently it seems that there is an issue with the car’s front seat belt that ...

Navy Aircraft Carrier Makes Awesome Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer Spoof!
The force is strong with the crew of the super carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) and Carrier Air Wing Seven, as you can tell by the fantastic ...

Man Freed After 3 Decades in Prison Vows Never to Return
Montana man granted clemency after 3 decades behind bars leaves prison, vows never to return

Appeals Court Hears Arguments in DC Gun Law Case
Appeals court hears arguments in DC gun case, city attorney argues judge overstepped authority

Rachel Weisz Teaches Jimmy Fallon How to Properly Pronounce Michael Caine
Rachel Weisz is gorgeous in red while making an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Thursday (November 19) in New York City. ...