Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]

Dear all,

I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject:

Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application');
LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID;

all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application.

I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my  Delphi application to be independent from other Excel files and invisible to the client.

Can you help?

Unfortunately  English is not my native language. I hope my message is clear enough. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much

Donato

Edited by: Donato Cappiello on Feb 10, 2009 3:22 AM

Edited by: Donato Cappiello on Feb 11, 2009 1:12 AM
0
Donato
2/11/2009 9:14:35 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ole 598 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Cannot use Excel when Delphi application run (more information) [Edit]
This is driving me insane... Following my previous message... When I run a Delphi application that uses automation I cannot access other files in Excel. Every time I double click on a different Excel file (not the one my application is using) Excel tries to open my file in read only mode and then it goes into a bizarre state: part of the Excel form goes transparent and I cannot use it. This does not happen if I start Excel using the shortcut in the start menu and then I open a file manually. I figure out that in order to be able to use Excel I need to force Excel not to use the ...

To use or not to use Delphi

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Using the WinUSB driver with Delphi 7 applications [Edit]
I have just discovered the generic Microsoft USB driver described here: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/connect/usb/winusb_howto.mspx (I hope this comes out as a link, it does not when I view it using the Preview function...) Of course the document is just describing how to use it from C++, which I am not at all used to. Is there anyone here who has touched on this WinUSB who can direct me on how to use it from Delphi? Apparently the idea here is to use the generic driver WinUSB to talk to a device directly from an application. The device will not be able to talk to the operating system ...

Re: Why use Delphi rather than Microsoft Visual Studio? [Edit]
Dominic Willems wrote: > I am such a visionary. :) yes, many of us have wanted this for quite a long time :) -- John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com Got source? http://cc.embarcadero.com ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi XE2 DLL can't be used in C# application [Edit]
For testing I am trying to call a Delphi XE2 DLL (see code) in a C# application (developed in Visual C# 2010 Express). procedure CLP; stdcall; export; begin showmessage('TEST'); end; exports CLP; However when trying to add the DLL as reference to a C# project the following message appears: "A reference to 'D:\temp\test.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component." When the same DLL is compiled under Delphi 2010 it works without any problem. Any suggestions how to solve the p...

How design a COM using Delphi and Using in PB7?
I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or Activex. What type of knowege or Skill I must know it. Can anyone tell us? from DRAOGN Can you explain what type of component you want to create? You may not need to a) build your own, or b) use Delphi. If the component should be used from within a PB application, you ought to use PB to develop it unless it is something that PB does not let you do. regards, Bill DRAGON wrote: > I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or > Activex. > What type of knowege or Skill I ...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.
Blank Hello folks, How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows? The situation as follows: I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band. I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External) fields: anytext, anynumeric values: first, 1 first, 2 first, 3 second, 1 second, 2 second, 3 I mapped OLE data as follows Group by: anytext Target Data: anytext ...

[...]

Using MySQL from a Delphi application
Hi All: How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or whatever ISP) from a Delphi application. It seems that the preferred tool for accessing MySQL´s databases is PHP. The scenario is simple: I have a Delphi application to manage support calls using a local MS SQL Server, but I need to access data from anywhere NOT using a browser. The application MUST be written in Delphi and running locally. Any ideas? Regards Francisco Alvarado Francisco Alvarado wrote: > Hi All: > How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or > whateve...

Web resources about - Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...