Automating Excel 4.0 from Delphi 7

I need to write to a Excel 4.0 file and cannot use the Excel97 library.

In fact, I cannot do it with Excel 2003 and 2003 SP3 either.

All of the above corrupt the file.

EXAMPLE:  The Excel 4.0 file is 4 kb in size.  If I Open and then Save the file, its size increases.  It increases to 6 kb w/2003 and 5 kb w/97.

I suspect extra overhead from latter Excel versions are being saved in the original file.

I suspect the only way to save the file and actually no change it is to use Excel 4.0 for the entire handling.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
0
tom
3/14/2013 6:31:12 PM
embarcadero.delphi.ole 598 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end;...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

OLE Excel with Delphi 7
I am having troubles opening an Excel file with Delphi 7. I think I really need some Delphi specific examples or some help files. I am trying to follow examples in this forum and also seeing there is limited information in the help files. For example I try the following -- which seems to be working for others in the forum, I am assuming with later versions of Delphi Xapp1.Workbooks.open('...filename...'); //where file name is a valid name This gives me an error "Not enough actual parameters", One example I see has me try this: Xapp1.Workbooks.Open(&#...

Delphi 7 Excel automation
None of the main categories make any sense for this post, but Excel is a form of reporting I guess, so I put it here. Fine if you decide to move it. Doesn't matter to me. In Excel, you can select individual or groups of characters within a cell and modify their characteristics, such as bold, font color, font name, etc. I know how to do this in VBA in Excel and Access. I've tried to apply this idea to some automation I'm doing from within D7 but it's not working. My Excel file is created as expected in every way other than this. OXL is a variant that is the workbook oShee...

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Printing Problems - RaveReports 5.0.1
I've created a template in rave reports and am able to print it, however, im unable to select which printer i want to print to I've tried forcing the default printer to change at runtime I've tried the printdialog component that comes with dephi, but no matter how long i struggle, i dont get it right, it simply keeps printing to whichever printer was set to default at the time the program started. I've tried lookin at winspool and a few of the sdk commands, but there really isn't much help out there. If anyone know's about this problem please help me out....

Delphi 7 Excel automation [Edit]
None of the main categories make any sense for this post, but Excel is a form of reporting I guess, so I put it here. Fine if you decide to move it. Doesn't matter to me. In Excel, you can select individual or groups of characters within a cell and modify their characteristics, such as bold, font color, font name, etc. I know how to do this in VBA in Excel and Access. I've tried to apply this idea to some automation I'm doing from within D7 but it's not working. My Excel file is created as expected in every way other than this. OXL is a variant that is the workbook oShee...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

ASA 7.0.3 OLE DB Provider and Delphi 5
Good day all ! At work in Delphi environment 5.0/6.0 CPU window (so what to work it is impossible) frequently is given out. I think, that OLEDB provider incorrect work with memory. Alexandr Make sure you are using the current EBF for the release you have. Or move up to the 7.0.4 release + current EBF and try your test again. There have been many fixes for the OLEDB driver. When you post please include the version and build of ASA (ie dbeng7 -v). Then show a code snippet of what you are doing when the problem happens. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associat...

Hotfix Delphi 7.0 to 7.1?
The original Delphi 8 packaging has 3 Delphi 7 CDs with it. One of the CDs says "Delphi 7 Studio / 7.1 Professional Upgrade" I have already installed D7 from the 1st CD. When I then use the 7.1 Pro Upgrade CD, I am asked to insert the 7.0 CD (seems odd). Anyway, the "hotfix" appears to go well, and when finished, I launch D7 and go to Help > About and I notice that the Version number says "7.0". What gives? How can upgrading 7.0 to 7.1 result in the Help window displaying "7.0" ? Peter Kapustinsky wrote: > The original Delphi 8 packagi...

Web resources about - Automating Excel 4.0 from Delphi 7 - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Velocity Europe Conference 2013, Addy Osmani: Lightning Demo: Automating The Removal Of Unused CSS ...
http://velocityconf.com The best way to minimize the latency caused by stylesheet loading is to cut down on the CSS footprint; an obvious way ...

Tufin in Australia: software-defining datacentres and automating channel
Under APAC director Tim Murphy, Network security management and risk assessment company, Tufin, is rapidly expanding its Australian operations. ...

Identity and Access Governance: Automating repetitive, consuming account management tasks
As organizations try to rein in technology budgets, IT staff members are constantly tasked with doing more and providing better services, all ...

Incremental SDN: Automating Network Device Configuration
The definition of Software Defined Networking (SDN) continues to broaden, today including functions such as configuration automation and orchestration. ...

Automating Test Design in Agile Development Environments
Antti Huima loves algorithms and his talk at Star West 2010 reflected this. And that is actually a good thing. If V-Model is constructing a ...

Automating with convention: Introducing sub
When I started my on-call shifts , we had pretty little in the way of automation for day-to-day issues. Tasks like SSH ’ing into our cluster, ...

If This Then That (IFTTT) launches iOS app for automating service directives
If This Then That (IFTTT) today launched an iPhone app version of its popular service for automating simple actions/services. The video above ...

New Yahoo, AOL, Microsoft Pact: Automating Direct Sales
Yahoo has begun automating the sale of its premium ad slots, so that an advertiser or its agency would be able to purchase the portal's top-tier ...

Moto Maker now automating iCloud-to-Google switching
Moving from an iPhone to Moto X? Motorola's hoping to make things a lot easier