32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines

I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property.  Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista.  Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails.  Debugging shows it doesn't even get to initialization.  Is it possible to use COM through syswow64?
0
Steven
3/19/2010 8:00:52 PM
embarcadero.delphi.ole 598 articles. 1 followers. Follow

<Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com...

> I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control
> ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property.
> Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting
> the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista.
> Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails.

An OCX has to be loaded into the address space of the instantiating
application.  A 64-bit process cannot load a 32-bit module, and a 32-bit
process cannot load a 64-bit module.  You will have to create a 64-bit
version of your OCX, which Embarcadero tools do not support at this time.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> <Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com...
>
> > I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control
> > ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property.
> > Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting
> > the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista.
> > Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails.
>
> An OCX has to be loaded into the address space of the instantiating
> application.  A 64-bit process cannot load a 32-bit module, and a 32-bit
> process cannot load a 64-bit module.  You will have to create a 64-bit
> version of your OCX, which Embarcadero tools do not support at this time.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Thank you Remy.  Very well put.  I just had to convince my boss that I'm not a dummy.  Looks like it's off to Visual Studio 2008 for me...  Thanks again!
0
Steven

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10
manuals.sybase.com does not mention anything about Solaris9/10. It only mentions about required patches for Solaris8. Does Sybase support 32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10 ( SPARCs of course )? Any specific OS patches required for Sol9/10 ? ...

64-bit ODBC Drivers Needed to Connect from 64-bit SQL 2005 to 32-bit Sybase 12.x
Hi, My company is running an Aspect EnsemblePro call center that uses Sybase 12.X for its database. We have been using the Sybase ODBC drivers that were bundled with Aspect in order to connect to the Sybase database from our 32-bit SQL 2000 Servers. This had been working great. Recently we deployed new 64-bit SQL 2005 servers, but discovered that 64-bit SQL cannot use 32-bit ODBC drivers in order to link to other databases. I have been all over the Web trying to find a 64-bit Sybase ODBC driver, but the 3rd-party drivers that I've found seem to be pretty cost-prohibitive....

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Call 64bit dll's function from 32 bit delphi code on 64 bit OS
Is there any way or trick to call a function in 64 bit DLL from Delphi code? Any hardware manufacturer must compile their device drivers into 64bit code for 64 bit OS. So for example, graphic driver from NVidia is compiled to 64bit code for 64bit OS. Question is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? I hope somebody has already dealing with that. Thanks > is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384249(VS.85).aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/10/20/9...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S
We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're moving that client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system. Is there any advantage to switching to the 64-bit Sybase client? I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is 12.5 64-bit running on a 64-bit O/S. TIA only if you client app needs the extra memory "Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170712581.822225.158160@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're > moving that > ...

Building 64 bit Python against 32 bit ASE on 64-bit Linux
I've been using various version of SYBASE=/usr/local/packages/sybase* to no avail. They all are giving me errors lated to "libblk". any ideas? /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/packages/sybase_OLD/lib/libblk.a when searching for -lblk If possible could you CC mrogish at tigr dot org since I am using the Sybase.com forums reader and it is difficult to bookmark this thread. Thanks!!! -- Matt Rogish cronus:/local/src/Linux64/python/modules/sybase-0.37 # /usr/local/packages/python64-2.4.2/bin/python setup.py build running build running build_py c...

Difference on ASE-12 32-bit & 64-bit on IBM AIX SP-64 machine
Hello, I would like to get more information for ASE-12 upgrade on IBM AIX SP-64 machine. What is the different between ebf9311 (32-bit) and ebf9312 (64-bit) on ASE-12? Are they compatible for IBM SP-64 machine. If just install 32-bit version, what will be suffered than install 64-bit version? Elsa Elsa wrote: > I would like to get more information for ASE-12 upgrade on IBM AIX SP-64 > machine. What is the different between ebf9311 (32-bit) and ebf9312 (64-bit) > on ASE-12? The EBFs are related to the version. If you have ASE 12 (32 bit version), you n...

Web resources about - 32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Which community benefits from AFL poker machine venues?
AFL clubs with poker machines are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars earmarked as a &quot;community benefit&quot; on their own facilities ...

The Secret SEO Tool of 2016: Machine Learning
Machine learning technology are the secret SEO tools of 2016. As Google and other search engines increasingly incorporate artificial intelligence ...

Market fall: The march of the machines
"It feels like sell program after sell program," one market strategist said.

IDG Contributor Network: The machine learning problem of the next decade
A few months ago, my company, CrowdFlower, ran a machine learning competition on Kaggle . It perfectly highlighted the biggest opportunity (and ...

Amazon Dash is ready to refill your printer or washing machine
Amazon has been hyping up devices with built-in Dash refill ordering, and the first wave of those devices is finally here. As of today, you can ...

Washing Machine Dancing Itself To Pieces On Trampoline
This is a video of a washing machine dancing on a trampoline until it falls off and hurts itself. I've fallen off a trampoline and hurt myself ...

How Picobrew used a vintage Citroën H Van to show off beer-making machines at CES
... did something a little out of the ordinary to catch your attention. PicoBrew, the Seattle-based company that builds at-home beer-making machines, ...

Feel the Adventure of H.G Wells' The Time Machine In This Beautiful New Poster
... his brilliant, fascinating stories like The Invisible Man, The War of the Worlds, The Island of Doctor Moreau or, most famously, The Time Machine ...

23 Wild Vending Machines You'll Wish Were Still Around
For some, the rise of artificial intelligence provokes fears of job-stealing robots . B ut people have been outsourcing odd jobs to machines ...