Yet Another Delphi Virus post

I'm not a Delphi user, but given the current alarm over Delphi-related
viruses I thought this might interest some here.

Go to the Dr. Dobb's Journal site:

http://www.ddj.com

Click on the link for "Source Code".

A page should open with links to source code for DDJ, C/C++ Users
Journal, and Windows Developer Network.

Click on the link for WDN.

It should take you to this FTP site:

ftp://66.77.27.238/sourcecode/wd/

Double Click 2001

Download this file: dec2001.zip

It contains the files from Windows Developer Magazine
for Dec 2001.

Unzip the file lischner.zip from this archive.

In lischner.zip there is a file named cltn40.bpl
which appears to be a Borland/Embarcadero Delphi
package file.

This file is triggering an alert from avast!
(Home Edition) using VPS 090930-0):
"Sign of "Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}"

I submitted this file (cltn40.bpl) to the Jotti and Virus Total
scanning sites at:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

http://www.virustotal.com/

Jotti used 21 scanning engines, 17 of which reported an infection.

Virus Total used 41 scanning engines, 31 of which reported an
infection.

The cltn* files appear to be from Tempest Software:

http://www.tempest-sw.com/freeware/freeware.cgi?Delphi

On this site the cltn.zip download appears to be of a later version
 (5 vs 4) and does not contain a *.bpl file.

N.B. - I have reported this "infection" to the DDJ webmaster, so you
may have to act fast if you want to investigate further.

- Wayne

- Wayne A. King
  wayne_a_king@rogers.com
0
Wayne

Wayne King wrote:

> This file is triggering an alert from avast!
> (Home Edition) using VPS 090930-0):
> "Sign of "Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}"

ESET Nod32 reports it as "probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Virtumonde
application". I've sent it to them - it may be a false positive.
0
Eric

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Yet another case for a Delphi Win64
The unoptimized cross platform RTL code in Lazarus/FPC is slooooooooooooooooow. I had the following code in my AES-CBC Monte Carlo test case: for J := 0 to 9999 do begin CT := PT; PT := C.IVector; C.Encrypt(CT[1],Length(CT)); end; IV := CT; where CT and PT are ShortString. This loop is repeated 1200 times, so there is a total of 12 million calls to the Encrypt method. In Delphi 2010 all of this executed in about 3 seconds, but when I tried to run the same code in Lazarus/FPC Win64, with an AMD64 assemb...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Posting and Delphi
Hi, I use Delphi 3.02 and SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 One problem I am having ( it is quite rare ), is that the BDE ( I assume ) is returning a Record/Key Deleted exception. This appears to be when a record is being appended in code, eg, query1.append; query1OrderDate.value := date; .......... query1.post; It also occures after a post and a new form is opened which is retrieving the just added record, eg, select * from orders where orderID = :orderID. I have also had this error on my standalone 95 machine when cutting up text files to a table. The program parses each file, reads the code ...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Web resources about - Yet Another Delphi Virus post - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

‘Force Awakens’ Cast, Jimmy Fallon Sing ‘Star Wars’ Theme Music
Be warned, the video above is sure to leave John Williams’ signature “Star Wars” theme music stuck in your head all day. The cast of “Star Wars: ...

Emailed threats to NY, LA highlight worries schools face
LOS ANGELES (AP) — When it comes to assessing threats, New York City and Los Angeles schools likely have more experience than most other districts ...

2 Arrested in Austria in Connection to Paris Attacks
TIME 2 Arrested in Austria in Connection to Paris Attacks TIME Two people were arrested at a refugee center in Salzburg, Austria in connection ...

After deadlock, Freddie Gray trial jury presses on
CBS News After deadlock, Freddie Gray trial jury presses on CBS News BALTIMORE - A Baltimore jury is deliberating again, a day after announcing ...

Kojima Inks PS4 Console Exclusive Deal With Sony, First Post-Konami Game Coming To PC Too
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain director Hideo Kojima did not wait long for his contract with Konami to expire before announcing his next ...

Facebook is changing one of its most controversial policies
Facebook is changing the way users can report people's names, according to a blog post . The previous process has come under fire from LGBT ...

Man Who Claimed He 'Fell' and Penetrated Teen Is Cleared of Rape Charges
Remember the English guy from last week who deflected rape charges by saying he had probably fallen inside his 18-year-old victim? Turns out ...

‘Super Smash Bros’: Bayonetta And Corrin Join Cloud As Final Three Fighters, Amiibos Coming Too
A Nintendo Direct livestream presented the final new characters for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Final Fantasy VII ‘s Cloud ...

EU data laws threaten huge fines
A major shake-up of data protection rules in Europe could land tech firms with big fines of up to 4% of their global turnover if they breach ...

Google Now on Tap eases holiday stress with flight, package tracking
The holidays are fast approaching and, while it's a season for festivity and good cheer, for some it is also a season for hair pulling stress. ...