Which XE2 Delphi or Studio edition will allow me to write a windoes service

Hello,
I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step:
File > New > Other > Delphi Projects > Service Application

The problem is that Service Application is simply not there, I suspect this is because my edition is a started edition, so I would like to ask, starting from which edition, I will find this option?

Best Regards
0
Mahmoud

> Hello,
> I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step:
> File>  New>  Other>  Delphi Projects>  Service Application
>
> The problem is that Service Application is simply not there, I suspect this is because my edition is a started edition, so I would like to ask, starting from which edition, I will find this option?

I don't have Starter Edition, but I have written various Windows service
appliations with the Professional Edition in the past.

Regards,
Thomas
0
Thomas
7/3/2012 7:47:43 AM
Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the reply. And in professional edition, do this type exist "Service Application" at the new project menu or you do it manually?
Regards

> {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote}
> > Hello,
> > I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step:
> > File>  New>  Other>  Delphi Projects>  Service Application
> >
> > The problem is that Service Application is simply not there, I suspect this is because my edition is a started edition, so I would like to ask, starting from which edition, I will find this option?
>
> I don't have Starter Edition, but I have written various Windows service
> appliations with the Professional Edition in the past.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
0
Mahmoud
7/3/2012 8:43:29 AM
> Hi Thomas,
> Thanks for the reply. And in professional edition, do this type exist "Service Application" at the new project menu or you do it manually?

A Delphi project type "Service Application" exists in the Professional
Edition.

Regards,
Thomas

> Regards
>
>> {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote}
>>> Hello,
>>> I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step:
>>> File>   New>   Other>   Delphi Projects>   Service Application
>>>
>>> The problem is that Service Application is simply not there, I suspect this is because my edition is a started edition, so I would like to ask, starting from which edition, I will find this option?
>>
>> I don't have Starter Edition, but I have written various Windows service
>> appliations with the Professional Edition in the past.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas
0
Thomas

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Bookmarks will not save properly in Delphi XE2 [Edit]
I really need this to work because I am editing a large project. I create bookmarks and save them in XE2 on Win7 64 bit. If I exit the IDE and come back, I have one bookmark in another unit in my project instead of the ones I have saved. Is this related to the poorly done code insight which has never worked? I have to unload and load my project ever 15 minutes or so to get the hover help to work or else it just goes into an endless loop making a "click" sound as it tries to resolve a reference. I know tha t has something to do with multiple units with a lot of things in the uses cla...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi RAD XE2 [Edit]
*Delete it, thank you.* Kevin Celador <> wrote: >I don't know where to post this thread. Well, either platformspecific.ios or firemonkey would be a lot better place than here, since your question is about those two topics and has nothing to do with Developer Network. - Leo ...

Delphi XE2 bugs .... [Edit]
Hello all, I was using D2010 (this is OK, there is some bugs but nothing really critical, just a bit annoying sometimes) , and trying XE2 now, but I have to go back to D2010 because XE2 has now critical bugs 8 This is a 1 million code project and 400 DFM project, I've been developping for a while (since D1 in the 90s'). I have errors with XE2 (I think bugs for sure) that I never had have before using D2010.. 1.> I have randomly during compilation error of this kind, no relations at all with the code : - F2084 internal error : U10142 - F2084 internal error : U10081 -...

Delphi vs Winform
This might be a little techie, but I think most people here are familiar with Delphi to understand the difference between a TWinControl and TGraphicControl. I was trying to create a C# Winform project based on a Delphi prototype and ran into this problem which I posted to some Winform forums ... This led me to an *obvious* deficiency in Winforms programming. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My question to the Winforms forums describing the problem is copied below: <snip> Hi, I mostly do Delphi development but would like to start my next small work project in Visual S...

Web resources about - Which XE2 Delphi or Studio edition will allow me to write a windoes service - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Evening Edition
New news site from my pals at Mule Design: The perfect commute-sized way to catch up on the day’s news after a long day at work. Smart, concise, ...

Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition (1910–1911) is a 29-volume reference work, an edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica . It was developed ...

Legal Tech Black Friday Edition
Legal technology columnist Jeff Bennion reports on some of the cooler gadgets that have come out lately.

The Lowdown: The Thanksgiving Week Edition
The Lowdown is Ad Age's weekly look at news nuggets from across the world of marketing, including trends, campaign tidbits, executive comings ...

Mobile, Facebook Game Roundup: Thanksgiving 2015 Edition
... on iOS ) – This farming game from Storm8 has been updated with a County Fair event, which will see players complete orders to win limited-edition ...

Price Drop: The Cursed Ship, Collector’s Edition HD
The Cursed Ship, Collector’s Edition HD (Full) 1.0 Device: iOS iPad Only Category: Games Price: Free, Version: 1.0 ( iTunes ) Description: ...

How to Stop Sucking at Being a Host or Guest: Thanksgiving Edition
Thanksgiving is here and for some reason, people choose this time of year to travel and visit... A lot. They bring their partners, kids, dogs, ...

QOTD: politically correct protest behavior edition
QOTD: politically correct protest behavior edition by digby Via TPM: During a panel discussion on her show, Kelly interrupted when she saw ...

Why this scene in 'Return of the Jedi' is the most disappointing from all of the 'Star Wars' special ...
... though it seems pretty pedestrian by today's standards. Watch the sequence here: Lucas was never satisfied. When he released a special edition ...

It's your turkey-eating, pigskin open thread: Carolina Panthers vs. Dallas Cowboys edition
Dinner is over and it’s time for the second NFL match-up of the day: The Carolina Panthers (9-0) vs. the Dallas Cowboys (2-7). Discuss the game, ...