Ways to prove Delphi is better than Delphi?!?!?!?

The subject sounds interesting isn't it?

I read an article on PHP with similar title. Reading the title sparked
my interest!

I thought something like this should also exist for Delphi.

Here is the original PHP article link: http://tinyurl.com/blbky43

Hope someone will compile such a list of existing Delphi code.
0
Yogi

I like the "Evolving the language without Waiting for New Versions" point...

I have played with some ideas to do that in Delphi.

1- The latest one was "array of vars" (like array of const but to modify
the values) I posted the source code in thirdpartytools.general

2- Before that, I found a way to have something like "case" for non
ordinal types using TDictionary. It works using a class:
{code}
   TDictionaryBuilder<TKey,TValue> = class(TDictionary<TKey,TValue>)
     property NewPair[Key: TKey; Value: TValue]:
       TDictionaryBuilder<TKey,TValue> read AddNewPair; default;
   end;
{code}

If TValue is a method reference, you can use anonymous methods for each
value.  The NewPair default property makes easier to add the values to
the dictionary:
{code}
   Fn := StringCase
   ['SomeValue', DoThis]
   ['OtherValue', DoThat]
   ['InlinedValue', procedure (); begin
       DoSomething;
       DoSomethingElse;
     end;]
{code}

I prefer to return the Dictionary and use it several times, because the
construction is inefficient.

3- I tested some ways to extend dynamically a class instance
capabilities, or the capabilities of the class itself.  To extend the
instance you need to add a point to do that in the original class (like
a list of Extra-Properties/Interfaces).  To extend the class itself, I
use a trick to add "virtual class properties" by Hallvard Vassbotn,
using vmtAutoTable.
0
Jacinto
3/24/2013 5:04:25 PM
> {quote:title=Jacinto Franca wrote:}{quote}

> 2- Before that, I found a way to have something like "case" for non
> ordinal types using TDictionary.

Awesome - Python doesn't have a "case" statement and using a dictionary just like you describe is indeed one of the favored alternatives. :-)
0
Joseph

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

What flavour of Delphi would be better for me to migrate to, from Delphi 2009 Architect?
Hello. I do single development and need access to database tools, so I have today bought the updated Devarts Unidac for D2009E, since my previous version was from back in 2010. Then I thought, why not take the full step, when I'm in the move anyway. Have read a lot in ng's of slower compiler and about drowning in new stuff that does Delphi harder to get productive, with my knowledge level. I'm now, for me, doing the biggest project ever, so perhaps I should take the step now, but fear the time consuming consequences. Perhaps the time needed for the project itself will h...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Web resources about - Ways to prove Delphi is better than Delphi?!?!?!? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech