Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise

Hi,

Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-(

Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US?  (40% off....)

I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ?

Best regards
Nils
0
Nils

Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st.

You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade-requirements-and-return-policy

You need at least Delphi 2006 Enterprise to be able to register the D2010 Enterprise version.
0
thomas
6/24/2010 10:57:37 AM
Hi Nils,

> Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-(

No, you can only upgrade from Delphi 2006 or higher. In your case, I'm
afraid you need to purchase a Delphi 2010 Enterprise New User license
(but if you do so before next Monday, you'll get a delivery of RAD
Studio 2010 Enterprise, plus a free download of Delphi Prism 2011)...

> Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US?  (40% off....)

As far as I know, you are not able to purchase from the US.

> I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ?

Probably because this version is too old, and no longer supported.

> Best regards
> Nils

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
6/24/2010 11:29:24 AM
> {quote:title=Nils Andersen wrote:}{quote}
>
> Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US?  (40% off....)

And why the price is the same without taking into account the currency parities ?

1 $ is not the same than 1 €

Really bad.
0
Terry
6/24/2010 11:52:59 AM
I am on Delphi 7 - so this is a bit of a hit for me - if we buy now - what
is the price of the next version ??? Would I be better off purchasing a 1
year subscription. I am on pro but might consider an upgrade to enterprise.
Any suggestions ?

Neil Huhta

<Terry Yapt> wrote in message news:254488@forums.embarcadero.com...
>> {quote:title=Nils Andersen wrote:}{quote}
>>
>> Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US?
>> (40% off....)
>

> And why the price is the same without taking into account the currency
> parities ?
>
> 1 $ is not the same than 1 ?
>
> Really bad.t
0
Neil
6/25/2010 3:05:09 AM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your answer - even if it not so positive ;-))

I've downloaded the 30 days test version of 2010 Enterprise. Is it a limited version?  I can't create new COM+ objects (Transactional Data module) but I can import my old projects.
Is there anything major things I should be aware of when going from Delphi 6 to 2010?

Best regards
Nils

> {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Nils,
>
> > Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-(
>
> No, you can only upgrade from Delphi 2006 or higher. In your case, I'm
> afraid you need to purchase a Delphi 2010 Enterprise New User license
> (but if you do so before next Monday, you'll get a delivery of RAD
> Studio 2010 Enterprise, plus a free download of Delphi Prism 2011)...
>
> > Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US?  (40% off....)
>
> As far as I know, you are not able to purchase from the US.
>
> > I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ?
>
> Probably because this version is too old, and no longer supported.
>
> > Best regards
> > Nils
>
> Groetjes,
>            Bob Swart
>
> --
> Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
> Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
> Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
> http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
> Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
> Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
> Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Nils

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

How to build enterprise-grade Delphi app
Hi It would be nice to build enterprise-grade appl with Delphi, but are the options or third party software (like in J2EE) to do this? e.g. 1) there is J2EE middleware for hosting components - developer is not required to handle all the issues that are connected with session handling and different contexts in which the components can be stored (like application, session, request context, etc.). I understand that some of this can be done in DataSnap or in Web Services (can be even PHP, Java or .NET) and Delphi client - but in both cases there are some drawbacks: - for DataSnap - much shou...

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Web resources about - Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Forest City Enterprises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forest City Enterprises ( NYSE : FCEA , NYSE : FCEB ) is a $9-billion diversified real estate management and development company based in Cleveland ...

OneDrive for Business to get unlimited storage for enterprise customers
... for home Office 365 subscribers , one issue remained unaddressed: what about the related OneDrive for Business storage that's offered to enterprise ...

Apple: Banking License, Cloud Services, Enterprise, Sky’s the Limit, Says Citi
... where Apple pulls together the fabric of this ecosystem expanding its total available market (TAM),” writes Suva, citing the push into enterprise, ...

Most enterprises use hybrid clouds
... indicates that the cloud has become a target platform for many applications, not only for cloud-native applications but also for many enterprise ...

11 hilariously off-brand photos big enterprise tech companies are posting on Instagram
Who says big enterprise tech companies can’t be cute and sexy? These Instagram accounts show even the largest enterprise tech firms can be fun ...

What's coming for IT in 2016? IDG Enterprise editors weigh in
... editors and others will start making their own predictions about what we can expect in the upcoming year. We’re no different here at IDG Enterprise ...

Apple and IBM have built 100 enterprise apps for iOS
Apple and IBM today announced that they have hit their partnership goal of creating more than 100 IBM MobileFirst iOS enterprise apps together. ...