Hello,

we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products:

UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX
RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG
UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC
UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX

What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use it on 2 or 3 virtual machines. For now, i am the only one using the IDE, but maybe there will come someone in the future.

And how does that Upgrade work? Do i get a CD to install Delphi 2010 and have to insert the Delphi 2005 CD during installation to verify? That's the way i know it from other software.

It would be really nice, if someone would answer me and tell me which product i need.

Yours Martin

Edited by: Martin Weber on Nov 11, 2009 2:27 AM
0
Martin

> {quote:title=Martin Weber wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products:
>
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX
> RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG
> UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC
> UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX
>
> What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use it on 2 or 3 virtual machines. For now, i am the only one using the IDE, but maybe there will come someone in the future.
>
> And how does that Upgrade work? Do i get a CD to install Delphi 2010 and have to insert the Delphi 2005 CD during installation to verify? That's the way i know it from other software.
>
> It would be really nice, if someone would answer me and tell me which product i need.
>
> Yours Martin
>
> Edited by: Martin Weber on Nov 11, 2009 2:27 AM

Suggest you need RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG for the most flexibility.

I recently upgraded from D7 to D10 and I had to supply the serial number from the original D7. The product was then supplied electronically with serial numbers etc. but it did not need to use the original D7 disk.

Hope this is helpful.
0
Jeffrey
11/11/2009 11:22:42 AM
> {quote:title=BEC Systems Director wrote:}{quote}
> Suggest you need RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG for the most flexibility.
>
> I recently upgraded from D7 to D10 and I had to supply the serial number from the original D7. The product was then supplied electronically with serial numbers etc. but it did not need to use the original D7 disk.
>
> Hope this is helpful.

Actually, i don't know if we need the RAD Studio, since it contains all parts(Delphi, Delphi Prism, etc).
We just use Delphi.

But what is that with "Named User"?

Edited by: Martin Weber on Nov 11, 2009 6:13 AM
0
Martin
11/11/2009 2:13:41 PM
Martin Weber wrote:
> But what is that with "Named User"?

You assign the license to a single named user, i.e. the developer who
will use the product and to whom the license and installation is
registered. In order to use the Upgrade, I presume you will have to
register your copy of Delphi 2010 to the same named user to whom you
registered your copy of Delphi 2005.
0
Utf
11/11/2009 2:58:36 PM
> {quote:title=Henrick Hellström wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
> > But what is that with "Named User"?
>
> You assign the license to a single named user, i.e. the developer who
> will use the product and to whom the license and installation is
> registered. In order to use the Upgrade, I presume you will have to
> register your copy of Delphi 2010 to the same named user to whom you
> registered your copy of Delphi 2005.

great, the user it was registered to, leaved our company 2 years ago >.<
But the license is the company's license, can't be that it must be registered to an employee of the company...
0
Martin
11/12/2009 7:08:55 AM
Martin Weber wrote:

> great, the user it was registered to, leaved our company 2 years ago
> >.< But the license is the company's license, can't be that it must
> be registered to an employee of the company...

That isn't a problem.  Get the upgrade and register it to the account
that you use now.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
>
> > great, the user it was registered to, leaved our company 2 years ago
> > >.< But the license is the company's license, can't be that it must
> > be registered to an employee of the company...
>
> That isn't a problem.  Get the upgrade and register it to the account
> that you use now.
>
> --
> Nick Hodges
> Delphi Development Manager
> Embarcadero Technologies

Thanks a lot! But what is the difference between the Named User, Named User ELS and Named User Flex? My distributor recommended Named User ELS.
0
Martin
11/12/2009 11:16:47 AM
Martin Weber wrote:

>  Named User, Named User ELS and Named User Flex? My distributor
> recommended Named User ELS.

ELS is the Embarcadero Licensing Server.  Flex is another licensing
server.

If you want to use a licensing server, you can.  But it would probably
be overkill if you are a lone developer.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick
11/12/2009 6:27:28 PM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
>
> >  Named User, Named User ELS and Named User Flex? My distributor
> > recommended Named User ELS.
>
> ELS is the Embarcadero Licensing Server.  Flex is another licensing
> server.
>
> If you want to use a licensing server, you can.  But it would probably
> be overkill if you are a lone developer.
>

> --
> Nick Hodges
> Delphi Development Manager
> Embarcadero Technologies

Thanks, so i need the one without servers, just the Named User License.
0
Martin
11/13/2009 7:21:53 AM
Martin Weber wrote:

> Thanks, so i need the one without servers, just the Named User
> License.

Yes, it would appear so.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick
11/13/2009 9:15:54 AM
Oh one more question. How does that work with the update limitation for Delphi 2005 until 31th December 2009? What if i buy it now and install and register it in January?

> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
>
> > Thanks, so i need the one without servers, just the Named User
> > License.
>
> Yes, it would appear so.
>
> --
> Nick Hodges
> Delphi Development Manager
> Embarcadero Technologies
0
Martin
11/30/2009 8:40:25 AM
Martin Weber wrote:

> Oh one more question. How does that work with the update limitation
> for Delphi 2005 until 31th December 2009? What if i buy it now and
> install and register it in January?

That will be fine.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick

Delphi 2010 Help Update and Delphi Updates 4 & 5
I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the latest help update. How do I update help? > {quote:title=Bill Miller wrote:}{quote} > I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update > that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the > latest help update. How do I update help? The last help update for Delphi/C++ Builder 2010 was Help Update 1, released around the first of November 2009. It's available on the Embarcad...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

Installed Delphi 2010 update 4, but About box shows update 1. Did I update? [Edit]
I ran the Delphi 2010 Update 4 from the start menu's Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates. It seemed to go fine. Afterward, my copy of Delphi 2010 is still showing it has Update 1 in the About window. I tried rebooting, but it still shows Update 1. I'm running Windows Vista, with a Standard User account. How can I tell if the update really occurred? When I go to Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates now, it doesn't show Update 4 as an option any more. Edited by: Chris Irwin on Dec 15, 2009 9:00 AM > {quote:title=Chris Irwin wrote:}{quot...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Migration from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005
Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source file now we planned to migrate from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005. My question is - 1. Is it possible to migrate directly from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005, my old code was developed using Delphi 5 IDE. Can we able to compile and build without any issue in Delphi 2005? 2. If we can able to do then what are the ways to migrate to Delphi 2005 IDE and also provide some link regarding this migrate? Thanks, Rizwan Rizwan Ahmed schrieb: > Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source > f...

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Web resources about - Update Delphi 2005 to Delphi 2010, which do i need? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday is an American limited-run series broadcast on NBC . It is a political satire news show spin-off ...

Gizmodo.com Updates
Nobody should have to use a pay phone , natural disaster or no natural disaster. So if your gadgets are out of juice after Sandy, here’s a tiny ...

Lifehacker.com Updates
By Whitson Gordon Ever run into a situation where you have multiple wireless networks available, but one is clearly better than the other? WiFi ...

Facebook Messenger For Android Update Includes Conversation Shortcuts
Facebook released an update to its Android Messenger application that incorporates the group -creation and message forwarding features in last ...

Treasurer Scott Morrison to unveil $5 billion in budget cuts in mid-year economic update
Treasurer Scott Morrison will this week reveal new budget cuts worth $5 billion over four years.

Wikipedia app update adds ‘Search Wikipedia’ option when selecting text in Marshmallow
In addition to improving cut/copy/paste, the redesigned text selection pop-up in Android 6.0 Marshmallow allows developers to take advantage ...

Bloomberg Professional updates for iPad Pro with Split View, Picture-in-Picture, Apple Pencil annotation ...
Bloomberg has updated its Bloomberg Professional app for iOS with new iOS 9 optimizations including Split Screen mode and Picture-in-Picture ...

HTC One A9 update adds extra AMOLED display color profiles
... be it a Samsung Galaxy or even the new Huawei Nexus 6P. The HTC One A9 is another such device with an AMOLED display, and thanks to a new update, ...

Google updates Photos and Wallet apps for iOS with new features
In its continuing efforts to expand the capabilities of its iOS apps, Google has just updated the official iOS apps of its Photos and Wallet ...

Site News – Theme Update Is Incomplete
Folks, The theme update could have gone better, and is not done. On the “glass is half-full” side, it could have gone much worse. To avoid such ...