Standard User Interfaces with Delphi

Hi all,

(Could this be the first post that isn't about the new news server?)

I have been developing a server application for many years with Delphi now.
Perhaps if I had known how far the project would go I wouldn't have chosen
Delphi as it isn't exactly associated with server development.  However I'm
glad I stuck with it as Delphi has proven to be perfectly capable and has
provided many advantages.

What I've been finding recently, which is strange, is that I'm more often
running into problems with the user interface part of the project.  I see
Delphi as ideally suited to developing user interfaces for both standalone
applications and for partnering with services.  I'm excited to see UI
features that are coming along in Delphi 2009 but some things seem, to me at
least, to be missing.

(1) why is there still no support for Aero Wizards?  Surely Delphi should be
aiming to support the development of standard user interfaces?  What about
even Wizard97?

(2) why is there still no support for the Microsoft Management Console?
This one isn't exactly new and again it seems like an important standard.
I've been using Colin Wilson's excellent MMC components but this is an area
that would benefit from proper integration within the framework.

If Delphi is to be seen as a great tool for rapidly developing forms based
applications, why not embrace the current standards?

Regards,
- Elric
0
Elric

Elric Pedder wrote:

> I've been using Colin Wilson's excellent MMC components

Thank you very much :)

Hopefully I'll be able to release a Tiburon version of them soon after
it's released.

--
Colin
0

Good suggestions, both.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero
Colin Wilson wrote:

> Hopefully I'll be able to release a Tiburon version of them soon after
> it's released.

Great -- glad to hear it.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero
http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges
0
Nick
8/12/2008 3:10:48 AM
"Colin Wilson" <colin@wilsonc.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
Elric Pedder wrote:

> Hopefully I'll be able to release a Tiburon version of them soon after
> it's released.

That sounds great.  I'm very glad to hear that Delphi MMC development is
still alive (somewhere).

Regards,
- Elric
0
Elric
8/13/2008 5:22:10 AM
"Nick Hodges" <nick.hodges@codegear.com> wrote in message
Elric --

Hello Nick,

> Good suggestions, both.

I'm extremely pleased that you think so.  Would it help if I added them as
QC feature requests?

Regards,
- Elric
0
Elric
8/13/2008 5:25:24 AM
Elric Pedder schrieb:
> "Nick Hodges" <nick.hodges@codegear.com> wrote in message
> Elric --
>
> Hello Nick,
>
>> Good suggestions, both.
>
> I'm extremely pleased that you think so.  Would it help if I added them as
> QC feature requests?

But sure!

Greetings

Markus