Some number on Delphi 64 bit

In previous threads my colleque was accused of lazyness stc because he
didn't look and respond in the other threads first when asking for a 64 bit
version.

So ok, i thought i would take a look and see how many threads there accually
are about it.

[how many threads]
Searching for 'Delphi 64' on the forum returns 35 threads for this year. of
which 17 are really 64 bit compiler related (other are asking if Delphi runs
on 64bit systems etc)

So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.

[how many workarounds]
There was also a claim that a lot of workarounds are mentioned in those
threads. Well maybe they are hidden somewere in all the off topic reply's
but i didn't found them. Would love to be proven wrong however.

[bottomline]
So yes if you take you're time you can find information about the
- roadmap, showing 3 versions of delphi being worked on
- crossplatform having the highest priority
- roadmaps are no promises, but it leaves open why 64bit has been on it for
over 4 years now.
- all threads become very chatty because we miss real hard numbers, i hope
we will see some polls in the near future on this on several sites.
0
Martijn

Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:

> Searching for 'Delphi 64' on the forum returns 35 threads for this
> year. of which 17 are really 64 bit compiler related (other are
> asking if Delphi runs on 64bit systems etc)
>
> So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.

I don't know who claimed that. But you have proven that there are
plenty, so why the fuss?

"The President has kept all of the promises he intended to keep."
 -- Clinton aide George Stephanopolous speaking on Larry
    King Live
0
Rudy
11/19/2009 11:53:48 AM
>> So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.
>
> I don't know who claimed that.

It was the first reply to that thread by Ken White:
>Are you really so lazy you can't read any of the other 100 threads about
>Delphi 64, and have to start a new one instead?
0
Martijn
11/19/2009 11:59:56 AM

>>> So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.

>> I don't know who claimed that.

> It was the first reply to that thread by Ken White:

So maybe Mr. White writes for a newspaper! <g>  Or could
there have been > 100 threads if all years were counted?
0
John
11/19/2009 12:07:20 PM
>  Or could there have been > 100 threads if all years were counted?

Search for "Delphi 64" for the Delphi forum + subforums without year
restrction:
Search Results » Messages: 42 - Search Terms: delphi 64

just curious:
All:    Search Results » Messages: 42 - Search Terms: delphi 64
7 days: Search Results » Messages: 46 - Search Terms: delphi 64
30 days: Search Results » Messages: 49 - Search Terms: delphi 64
90 days: Search Results » Messages: 25 - Search Terms: delphi 64
This year: Search Results » Messages: 35 - Search Terms: delphi 64
Last year: Search Results » Messages: 42 - Search Terms: delphi 64

funny results. looks like the 7 and 30 days also returns results with only
Delphi in it or something like that.
0
Martijn
11/19/2009 12:19:01 PM
Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:

> > Or could there have been > 100 threads if all years were counted?
>
> Search for "Delphi 64" for the Delphi forum + subforums without year
> restrction:  Search Results » Messages: 42 - Search Terms: delphi 64

The forums don't exist for that long yet, so you won't find the many
threads on the old server. <g>

"The government of the United States does not, in its policies,
 express the decency of its people."
 -- Jerry Fresia
0
Rudy
11/19/2009 12:51:08 PM
"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
> Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:
>
>> Searching for 'Delphi 64' on the forum returns 35 threads for this
>> year. of which 17 are really 64 bit compiler related (other are
>> asking if Delphi runs on 64bit systems etc)
>>
>> So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.
>
> I don't know who claimed that. But you have proven that there are
> plenty, so why the fuss?

17 threads in a year is not "plenty". Just today there were 6 new threads in
just this one newsgroup and the day is not fully complete yet.
0
John
11/19/2009 7:39:08 PM
John Jacobson wrote:

> "Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
> > Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:
> >
> >> Searching for 'Delphi 64' on the forum returns 35 threads for this
> >> year. of which 17 are really 64 bit compiler related (other are
> >> asking if Delphi runs on 64bit systems etc)
> > >
> >> So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.
> >
> > I don't know who claimed that. But you have proven that there are
> > plenty, so why the fuss?
>
> 17 threads in a year is not "plenty".

35 you mean. Yes, it is, especially since they seem to come in batches.
<g>

"Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always
 come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them."
 -- H. L. Mencken
0
Rudy
11/19/2009 11:01:45 PM
Rudy Velthuis <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
<185272@forums.codegear.com>
> "Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always
>  come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them."
>  -- H. L. Mencken

Actually the fact that there are ten of them is purely arbitrary. Nowhere in
the Bible does it refer to the ten commandments, and in fact the part of the
Bible that contains the "Ten Commandments" also contains plenty of other
commandments that are not differentiated from the "Ten Commandments", except in
the fact that modern Christians find them too inconvenient and so ignore them.
Good examples are the absurd dietary and behavior rules like maintaining a
kosher kitchen and stoning people that even so much as suggest following a
different  religion.

--
***Free Your Mind***

Posted with JSNewsreader Preview 0.9.7.5042

0
John
11/20/2009 5:10:43 AM
that windows server are now only in 64 bit ! and more they not work
anymore very well (windows 2008 R2) with 32 bit app ! all my delphi
app not work in it (DEP problem, APPCrash, etc..) :(

Delphi 64 must be a top of the top priority !

stephane

Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:
> In previous threads my colleque was accused of lazyness stc because he
> didn't look and respond in the other threads first when asking for a 64 bit
> version.
>
> So ok, i thought i would take a look and see how many threads there accually
> are about it.
>
> [how many threads]
> Searching for 'Delphi 64' on the forum returns 35 threads for this year. of
> which 17 are really 64 bit compiler related (other are asking if Delphi runs
> on 64bit systems etc)
>
> So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.
>
> [how many workarounds]
> There was also a claim that a lot of workarounds are mentioned in those
> threads. Well maybe they are hidden somewere in all the off topic reply's
> but i didn't found them. Would love to be proven wrong however.
>
> [bottomline]
> So yes if you take you're time you can find information about the
> - roadmap, showing 3 versions of delphi being worked on
> - crossplatform having the highest priority
> - roadmaps are no promises, but it leaves open why 64bit has been on it for
> over 4 years now.
> - all threads become very chatty because we miss real hard numbers, i hope
> we will see some polls in the near future on this on several sites.
0
loki
11/20/2009 6:50:18 AM
> that windows server are now only in 64 bit ! and more they not work
> anymore very well (windows 2008 R2) with 32 bit app ! all my delphi
> app not work in it (DEP problem, APPCrash, etc..) :(

Don't hold you're breath, if you need it soon you better start migrating to
Visual Studio or take a look at Free Pascal if you dare.
0
Martijn
11/20/2009 6:58:50 AM
loki loki wrote:
> that windows server are now only in 64 bit ! and more they not work
> anymore very well (windows 2008 R2) with 32 bit app ! all my delphi
> app not work in it (DEP problem, APPCrash, etc..) :(

Then you're doing something wrong. The normal Windows Server 2008 editions run 32-Bit software just fine (with some known restrictions that were discussed in this forums several times).

--
Regards
Jens

"Martijn Van der Kooij" <Gabberkooij@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> So the claim that there are over 100 threads is over the top.
>>
>> I don't know who claimed that.
>
> It was the first reply to that thread by Ken White:
>>Are you really so lazy you can't read any of the other 100 threads about
>>Delphi 64, and have to start a new one instead?
0
Jason
11/20/2009 12:36:57 PM
> If you are keen to search other 100 threads that Ken White replied to, you
> can easily find out it's just the way he talks. And it's up to you to
> decide
> how seriously you want to take it.

Well i had no particular reason to investigate his replies, maybe after a
while i will know how he tend to talk and react accordingly.
But i always start with taking people very seriously. And time tells if that
is correct or not.

Martijn
0
Martijn
11/20/2009 12:41:59 PM
Jens Mühlenhoff wrote:
> loki loki wrote:
>> that windows server are now only in 64 bit ! and more they not work
>> anymore very well (windows 2008 R2) with 32 bit app ! all my delphi
>> app not work in it (DEP problem, APPCrash, etc..) :(
>
> Then you're doing something wrong. The normal Windows Server 2008 editions run 32-Bit software just fine (with some known restrictions that were discussed in this forums several times).

yes, the 2008, but not the R2 :)
but in fact i don't know if it's a 64bit bug or simple an API bug...
need to investigate
0
loki
11/20/2009 3:25:02 PM
Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:
>> that windows server are now only in 64 bit ! and more they not work
>> anymore very well (windows 2008 R2) with 32 bit app ! all my delphi
>> app not work in it (DEP problem, APPCrash, etc..) :(
>>
> Don't hold you're breath, if you need it soon you better start migrating to
> Visual Studio or take a look at Free Pascal if you dare.

why ? the next version of Delphi will be not 64bit? hard to belive !
0
loki
11/20/2009 4:53:36 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> John Jacobson wrote:
>
> > 17 threads in a year is not "plenty".
>
> 35 you mean. Yes, it is, especially since they seem to come in
> batches.  <g>

But that's only 2 point something % of all threads posted so far this
year, makes me wonder if it really is such a hot item <g,d&r>

--
Pieter

"Christians are supposed not merely to endure change, nor even
 to profit by it, but to cause it."
 -- Harry Emerson Fosdick
0
Pieter
11/20/2009 5:53:55 PM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>
> > John Jacobson wrote:
> >
> > > 17 threads in a year is not "plenty".
> >
> > 35 you mean. Yes, it is, especially since they seem to come in
> > batches.  <g>
>
> But that's only 2 point something % of all threads posted so far this
> year, makes me wonder if it really is such a hot item <g,d&r>

These threads stick out. <g>

"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood."
 -- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
0
Rudy
11/20/2009 7:46:00 PM
> {quote:title=loki loki wrote:}
> > Don't hold you're breath, if you need it soon you better start migrating to
> > Visual Studio or take a look at Free Pascal if you dare.
>
> why ? the next version of Delphi will be not 64bit? hard to belive !
{quote}

See the 5 other threads this month ;-)

In short: as long as the focus has shifted to croscompiling for mac/linux it will be at least one version after the next. Which means with a yearly release we can not expect it before summer 2011.
0
Martijn
11/20/2009 10:08:13 PM
> {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}
> > But that's only 2 point something % of all threads posted so far this
> > year, makes me wonder if it really is such a hot item <g,d&r>
>
> These threads stick out. <g>

{quote}

Well they tend to grow veeery large indeed, and they get a lot of readings at least people seems to be interested... <g>
0
Martijn
11/20/2009 10:11:09 PM
Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:

> > {quote:title=loki loki wrote:}
> > > Don't hold you're breath, if you need it soon you better start
> > > migrating to Visual Studio or take a look at Free Pascal if you
> > > dare.
> >
> > why ? the next version of Delphi will be not 64bit? hard to belive !
> {quote}
>
> See the 5 other threads this month ;-)
>
> In short: as long as the focus has shifted to croscompiling for
> mac/linux

The focus has shifted to supporting multiple platforms (including the
Mac OS). Nothing says that Win64 can't be one of those.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
 -- Albert Einstein
0
Rudy
11/20/2009 10:14:26 PM
> {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}
> > In short: as long as the focus has shifted to croscompiling for
> > mac/linux
>
> The focus has shifted to supporting multiple platforms (including the
> Mac OS). Nothing says that Win64 can't be one of those.

{quote}

It would be very sweet if they come up with Mac + Linux + Windows support in both 32 and 64 forms. However I doubt it is the case otherwise they didn't need 2 different projects on the roadmap for it. It is really big to pull off at once.

It is just my biggest fear that the Mac and Linux supports will eat so many resources away that another release is needed before it is ready for prime time. I know there are very capable people working on Delphi. I think they did great job with the 2010 version. It's a pity that there is not enough reason for us to use that version in our company (TNT controls filled the unicode gap for us a few years ago).
0
Martijn
11/20/2009 11:38:24 PM
Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:

> > {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}
> > > But that's only 2 point something % of all threads posted so far
> > > this year, makes me wonder if it really is such a hot item <g,d&r>
> >
> > These threads stick out. <g>
> >
> {quote}
>
> Well they tend to grow veeery large indeed,

Well sort of ...

> and they get a lot of readings

I don't/can't measure that.

> at least people seems to be interested... <g>

Maybe not as much they should :-(

--
Pieter

"The total absence of humor in the Bible is one of the most
 singular things in all literature."
 -- Alfred North Whitehead
0
Pieter
11/21/2009 5:11:17 AM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:

> > > why ? the next version of Delphi will be not 64bit? hard to
> > > belive !
> > {quote}
> >
> > See the 5 other threads this month ;-)
> >
> > In short: as long as the focus has shifted to croscompiling for
> > mac/linux
>
> The focus has shifted to supporting multiple platforms (including the
> Mac OS). Nothing says that Win64 can't be one of those.

Nothing says Win64 *will* be one of those, some might even conclude
given the current info that Win64 might be after including the Mac OS.

--
Pieter

"We could have saved the Earth but we were too damned cheap."
 -- Kurt Vonnegut
0
Pieter
11/21/2009 5:24:34 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

> > The focus has shifted to supporting multiple platforms (including
> > the Mac OS). Nothing says that Win64 can't be one of those.
>
> Nothing says Win64 will be one of those, some might even conclude
> given the current info that Win64 might be after including the Mac OS.

Like I said, it is clear that both are being developed. We also know
that they are working on new front- and back-ends. What is not clear is
which one or what will be ready first.

"I know of no crime that has not been defended by the church,
 in one form or other. The church is not a pioneer; it accepts a
 new truth, last of all, and only when denial has become
 useless."
 -- Robert G. Ingersoll
0
Rudy
11/21/2009 11:20:15 AM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Pieter Zijlstra wrote:
>
> > > The focus has shifted to supporting multiple platforms (including
> > > the Mac OS). Nothing says that Win64 can't be one of those.
> >
> > Nothing says Win64 will be one of those, some might even conclude
> > given the current info that Win64 might be after including the Mac
> > OS.
>
> Like I said, it is clear that both are being developed. We also know
> that they are working on new front- and back-ends.

That part is clear.

> What is not clear is which one or what will be ready first.

.... or maybe both?

This is the part which worries some here and that is something you and
I cannot change.

--
Pieter

ICTOARTCYAODHTIOTSSIWRTNCAHICGAWI, Acronym: "I Can't Think Of
 Anything Reasonable To Counter Your Argument Or Don't Have The
 Least Inkling Of The Subject So I Will Resort To Name Calling
 And Hope I Can Get Away With It."
 -- Ken de Camargo, borland.public.off-topic
0
Pieter
11/21/2009 10:21:43 PM
Martijn Van der Kooij wrote:
> In previous threads my colleque was accused of lazyness stc because he
> didn't look and respond in the other threads first when asking for a 64 bit
> version.

I understand your frustration and I personally hope that 64 bit follows soon
after cross-platform support.

On the other hand, IF EmbarcaCG can/does implement cross platform support in a
consistent and useful way, it'll be a real coup and I bet they are banking on it
to no insignificant degree.  I don't think there is anything that come remotely
close to Delphi's type of development and productivity for cross platform
development.

Personally, I would have liked to see cross-platform capability for non-gui apps
first, followed by 64 bit and then GUI apps for cross platform.

Being able to compile a delphi based web service or daemon application on Linux
servers would be the bees knees for me since lately I am doing a lot of Flex
development with a Delphi 2009 backend.  Hosted Linux VPS servers are cheaper
than Windows counterparts.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee
11/22/2009 2:41:04 PM
Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Personally, I would have liked to see cross-platform capability for
> non-gui apps first, followed by 64 bit and then GUI apps for cross
> platform.

My personal preference would be to have Win 64 first. The multiplatform
is simply "nice to have" thing and I can certainly wait for it few more
yaers.

Regards,
Zenon
0
Zenon
11/23/2009 1:49:33 AM
Zenon Jordan wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>
>> Personally, I would have liked to see cross-platform capability for
>> non-gui apps first, followed by 64 bit and then GUI apps for cross
>> platform.
>

> My personal preference would be to have Win 64 first. The multiplatform
> is simply "nice to have" thing and I can certainly wait for it few more
> yaers.

Understood.  I would also like to see 64 bit support.  Not really for any
performance gains (more memory usage for instance) though from my standpoint,
simple compatibility without WOW indirections, etc.

On the other hand, I think we need to keep an eye out for swelling the ranks of
Delphi users, lest our community become like one of those sci-fi movies where
there are only adults dying off and no children are born.

If CGadero pulls it off in the right way, it'll leave Delphi as best cross
platform development environment available and that, I personally believe will
pull in new blood to our community.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee
11/23/2009 2:36:59 PM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:36:59 -0800, Lee Jenkins <lee@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Understood.  I would also like to see 64 bit support.  Not really for any
>performance gains (more memory usage for instance) though from my standpoint,
>simple compatibility without WOW indirections, etc.
>
>On the other hand, I think we need to keep an eye out for swelling the ranks of
>Delphi users, lest our community become like one of those sci-fi movies where
>there are only adults dying off and no children are born.

I don't see that there's any big incompatibility here.

Perpetuating the community requires some low cost/free option for
students and hobbyists.  It doesn't require any new language features.
0
Loren
11/23/2009 7:07:36 PM
on 11/20/2009, Pieter Zijlstra supposed :
> "The total absence of humor in the Bible is one of the most
>  singular things in all literature."
>  -- Alfred North Whitehead

Very curious.

Certianly a lot of the humor is subtle,
but it is hard to believe that anyone
can actually read it and not see *any*
of the humor.

He must have read the Cliff notes version.

Brad.
0
Brad

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Re: Some number on Delphi 64 bit
John Jacobson wrote: > Rudy Velthuis <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message > <185272@forums.codegear.com> > > "Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always > > come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." > > -- H. L. Mencken > > Actually the fact that there are ten of them is purely arbitrary. Who cares? -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "Giving birth is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head." - Carol Burnett. "Rudy Velt...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

64 bit Delphi
Is there a Delphi 64 bit compiler? I am having problems using 32 bit dbExpress ODBC drivers on 64 bit Windows Server 2008. Pier > {quote:title=Pier Nardin wrote:}{quote} > Is there a Delphi 64 bit compiler? I am having problems using 32 bit > dbExpress ODBC drivers on 64 bit Windows Server 2008. Not at this time; it's on the roadmap. I can't offer a lot of help, because "having problems" doesn't give anything to work with. You might try asking specific questions about the actual problem you're having in the Database->ADO or Database->Gen...

Delphi 64-bit
Hello, When can I expect a 64-bits compiler for Delphi? Our company is developing applications for Windows 7 which needs to run 64-bit native because the application is loaded with another native 64-bit application (AutoCAD). Or maybe anyone knows a work-around for the time being ? Thanks in Advance > {quote:title=gw Sloof wrote:}{quote} > When can I expect a 64-bits compiler for Delphi? Our company is developing applications > for Windows 7 which needs to run 64-bit native because the application is loaded with another > native 64-bit application (AutoCAD). Ar...

32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines
I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property. Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista. Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails. Debugging shows it doesn't even get to initialization. Is it possible to use COM through syswow64? <Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control > ( COM ) ...

Delphi 64 Bit released just in time for Windows to be 128 Bit ...
Ok - the title is a little provocative - but it might be close ;) This link is to an article the claims that the next Windows version will be 128 Bit. Which would be Win8 - and if not that version then definitely Win 9. http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/10/microsoft-mulling-128-bit-versions-of-windows-8-windows-9.ars I realize that Delphi 64 bit should be out this year (or so I hope!) - and that the next windows is a few years away - but I hope the folks at Emb. are already planning for the 128 version when they do the 64 bit version... Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_tim...

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

64 bit Delphi IDE
Hi, Delphi XE7 IDE rapidly consume memory when loading and compiling my project several times. 64 bt IDE, pass 1 GB memory boundry is my URGENT NEED. Thanks Tugrul Tugrul Tamturk wrote: > Delphi XE7 IDE rapidly consume memory when loading and compiling my > project several times. > > 64 bt IDE, pass 1 GB memory boundry is my URGENT NEED. IMHO it would be better to fix memory leaks which gobble memory... -- Alex "Alex Belo" <b.a.v@inbox.ru> wrote in message news:725618@forums.embarcadero.com... > Tugrul Tamturk wrote: > >>...

Web resources about - Some number on Delphi 64 bit - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Star Wars by the numbers: Why Disney scored the deal of the century
Some thought Disney paid through the nose when it bought Lucasfilm in 2012, but it just might have been the bargain of the century.

Primary children accused of using stolen credit card numbers
Children from a primary school in Melbourne's north-west have been accused of using stolen credit card numbers to make thousands of dollars worth ...

Google Wallet gains ability to send money to any contact using just a phone number
While Google has shifted its focus to Android Pay for contactless payments, Google Wallet has needed to reinvent itself somewhat as a peer-to-peer ...

Google Wallet for iOS can now send money to any contact using just a phone number
... you send money to anyone on your contact list, even if you don’t have their email address. You can send money to them using their phone number, ...

The Force Awakens ABC and ESPN; Star Wars By the Numbers
If you’ve watched anything on ABC or ESPN in the past few weeks, you’ve been inundated with cross promotion for Disney’s upcoming Star Wars: ...

SEC Heisman history by the numbers: Will Derrick Henry become league's 12th ...
SEC Heisman history by the numbers: Will Derrick Henry become league's 12th ... AL.com Auburn QB Pat Sullivan and Florida QB Danny Wuerffel ...

ISIL is GCC's 'number one threat'
A clear strategy to fight ISIL and dialogue with Iran are among key challenges facing GCC, Gulf analysts tell Al Jazeera

Adobe Jumps 5%: FYQ4 Beats, Year View Light; Citi Cheers Sub Numbers
Shares of content creation software vendor Adobe Systems ( ADBE ) are up $4.51, or 5%, at $93.47, in late trading, after the company this afternoon ...